Hunting the Flame (Bloodborne/Dark Souls)

Something simple for now, then we can escalate.

[X] Sit and talk.
-[X] About what is going on. This place. How they got here?

Some little chatter, to get this ball rolling. Anything is better than going in the dark.

It's a fire poker, not a sword. (pedanterrific kindles the First Flamewar)
Pretty sure it's a sword. The handle has a crossbar hilt and everything.

It's just like how Demon Souls' Archstones are these weird swords stuck into spherical stones.

[X] Sit and talk.

In any case, Yellow Path, does this quest have levelups or not? To be honest, I'd prefer it to not have levelups. Or at least, have it not be a major factor. Levelups and item stocking and other minutiae was one of the major things that killed off Valhalla for me.

Not to mention it's honestly a pain in the ass to deal with.

Last edited:
It's a fire poker. It just looks a bit like a sword. In Dark Souls 3 you can make Bonfires now, in one trailer it shows the PC with a sword/fire poker thing and stabbing it into a corpse while said corpse catches fire.

Pretty sure it's a sword. The handle has a crossbar hilt and everything.

It's just like how Demon Souls' Archstones are these weird swords stuck into spherical stones.

[X] Sit and talk.

In any case, Yellow Path, does this quest have levelups or not? To be honest, I'd prefer it to not have levelups. Or at least, have it not be a major factor. Levelups and item stocking and other minutiae was one of the major things that killed off Valhalla for me.

Not to mention it's honestly a pain in the ass to deal with.
The Chosen Undead will be leveling up off screen. He actually tried to right before you reached him, but 1 soul does not make a level.

Aurelia is already 50 Vit, 50 End, 50 Skl, 50 Blt, 15 Arc, 11 Str. She sees no point in leveling up more.

(Also, I'm not rolling dice, so numbers don't really matter.)

[X] Murder.
-[X] Everything.

What are we? Djura?

Humans don't move when they're corpses, thus, they're beasts.

Beasts all over the shop. Time to hunt.

What are we? Djura?

Humans don't move when they're corpses, thus, they're beasts.

Beasts all over the shop. Time to hunt.

Well, we don't gain anything from killing the one who might know what's going on. Kill it afterwards if you wish, but not before getting some info.

*sigh*

Fireside talks
[X] Sit and talk.

"What is going on?"

He looks at you curiously. "What do you mean?"

"This place, those.... undead, how they got here."

He chuckles, "You really don't know? This is the Northern Undead Asylum, on the borders of the Northern Kingdoms and Lordran. It's one of the places where the Bearers of the Darksign," he shows you a black symbol on his hand, "The Curse of Undeath are sent to await the end of the world."

He looks into the fire, and then at the huge door in the side of the courtyard. "There's a pair of Demons set to guarding this place. Big fat ones with hammer and some magic bullshit. A small one to guard the entrance and roof, and a larger one to deal with the more criminal and dangerous undead in the lower levels."

He shrugs. "Whatever. I'll deal with it later." He looks at you. "My name's Ven. You?"

[ ] Aurelia.
[ ] False name
-What name?
[ ] Kill him

And after you give him your name, what'll you do?

[ ] Go through the big door.
[ ] Sit and talk
-About what?
[ ] Murder

[X] Aurelia.
[X] Go through the big door.

Do we have our weapons, or do we have to collect them from all around the assylum?

[X] Aurelia.
And kill the shit outta lard arse.

Asylum Demon
[X] Aurelia.

"Aurelia." You answer.

He nods, and then states into the fire, a pensive, slightly worried look on his face.

You shrug, and stand. You feel like exploring right now.

You walk over to the double doors, and push them open, and look around.

It's a large room, with pots on the sides for some reason. You note the two other doors. A big door right in front of you, and a smaller door to left wall of the big door.

And above you.... Is a hole in the ceiling. And peeking from the hole is what looks like that big fat monster's little brother. Still big, but not as big. Probably one of the 'demons' guarding this place that Ven mentioned.

It notices you've noticed it, and jumps down, a large mace/hammer thing in its hands.

What do?
[ ] Attempt peaceful nego-

Fuck that! Your blood has started to boil. It's time for a hunt.

You grin, and your hand goes to the blades at your side.

Which one?
[ ] The Chikage
[ ] The Rakuyo
[ ] Don't bother with a blade. You can kill this thing with just your pistol.
[ ] Don't bother with the Pistol. You can kill this thing barehanded.

[X] Don't bother with a blade. You can kill this thing with just your pistol.

Let's put a bullet right through it's eye!

Though I am tempted by the last option.

[x] The Rakuyo.
[x] Don't rush towards it. Anticipate it's attacks and dodge accordingly.
-[x] Use every opening to get closer and behind it. Convert the Rakuyo and slice that demon's butt, then wait for another opening. Hit and run. Hit and run.

Are we able to write-in actions, @Walker of the Yellow Path ?

Last edited:
[x] The Rakuyo.
[x] Don't rush towards it. Anticipate it's attacks and dodge accordingly.
-[x] Use every opening to get closer and behind it. Convert the Rakuyo and slice that demon's butt, then wait for another opening. Hit and run. Hit and run.

I don't feel like trying to kill it with a pistol, and this seems to be a good write-in.

Back