Human Machines

I still don't get how the ship is supposed to get there so fast.

The ship still needs centuries to get there. Disregarding how you are loading and propelling the wormhole in a particle accelerator while it works the whole time - humans are outside of time fuckery, ship is carrying but also outside of time fuckery, ship takes X centuries to get to destination. Time travel into past is not possible. How is apparently traveling into the future when the ship arrives then going back to when it launched not time travel into the past?
Ah, there's a catch here. Namely that while you are technically traveling into the past, at no point are you in position to send a message to your past self.

Ah, there's a catch here. Namely that while you are technically traveling into the past, at no point are you in position to send a message to your past self.
Why does that matter? So it's okay to travel back so long as you don't leave a message for yourself in the past?

If that is the case, then traveling back to before humanity could detect you, like on another planet in the 1500s, then taking off and colonizing far off star systems at FTL where any radiation or light they produce will take until after you left in the first place to make it back to Earth is A-Okay? Couldn't they then chain this over and over so that one month after everyone left to the past, suddenly Humanity is spread all over galaxy and is just now turning on their FTL comms and wormwholes back to Earth since they now can communicate without talking to anyone before they left?

Why does that matter? So it's okay to travel back so long as you don't leave a message for yourself in the past?

If that is the case, then traveling back to before humanity could detect you, like on another planet in the 1500s, then taking off and colonizing far off star systems at FTL where any radiation or light they produce will take until after you left in the first place to make it back to Earth is A-Okay? Couldn't they then chain this over and over so that one month after everyone left to the past, suddenly Humanity is spread all over galaxy and is just now turning on their FTL comms and wormwholes back to Earth since they now can communicate without talking to anyone before they left?
That actually cannot be done using just relativistic time dilation and wormholes; one of the big limits to closed timelike curves in theoretical physics is that time machines are something you move through, and you simply cannot go to a time before the machine was completed. Everything appearing in this story is (mostly) backed up by theoretical physics, and that means there are certain limits that simply cannot be worked around.

Last edited:
But it still means that there is massive time travel to the past going on?

What is stopping future people from coming back to now since now the time machine is built and is being used to travel back in time?

That was the stated reason doing all this afterall, to send this ship off to the future to build up everything, and then send all of that stuff back to the past once it's built.

So, I have come to the conclusion that the title I chose for this story is completely unfitting for the direction the narrative is going. With that in mind, I would like to change the story's title to something a bit less... bellicose. That said, I am actually not terribly good at coming up with names for my stories, meaning that it would be much appreciated if those interested in this story would provide suggestions for a new title.

So, I have come to the conclusion that the title I chose for this story is completely unfitting for the direction the narrative is going. With that in mind, I would like to change the story's title to something a bit less... bellicose. That said, I am actually not terribly good at coming up with names for my stories, meaning that it would be much appreciated if those interested in this story would provide suggestions for a new title.
Hmm. Right I'll just shotgun some stuff at you.

Promenade of Machines. (Funnily enough the net tells me Promenade is a synonym of March)

Stop the Machine. (Antonyms of March)

Build the New World.

Path of the Machines. (Less bellicose)

Diaspora of the Death Machines.

Death Machine Parade.

Arrival of False Daemons. (A reference to the in story lore)

Discovery of Strange Machines. (A hypothetical title of a historical Rallik paper about their meeting with Humans)

I keep having this urge to write the titles of technical papers :V (This is not a title, but a side comment)

First Contact with Human Machines. (Another title from the Rallik view)

Without a Thought to Consequence. (Based on the title for the first Berserker story, Without a Thought)

Survival of the Machines.

Ingenuity of Human Machines.

Task of the Death Machines.

Bastions of the Death Machines.

The Path Trod by Death Machines.

The Path Trod by the Human Machines.

Let's start with these!

Hmm. Right I'll just shotgun some stuff at you.

Promenade of Machines. (Funnily enough the net tells me Promenade is a synonym of March)

Stop the Machine. (Antonyms of March)

Build the New World.

Path of the Machines. (Less bellicose)

Diaspora of the Death Machines.

Death Machine Parade.

Arrival of False Daemons. (A reference to the in story lore)

Discovery of Strange Machines. (A hypothetical title of a historical Rallik paper about their meeting with Humans)

I keep having this urge to write the titles of technical papers :V (This is not a title, but a side comment)

First Contact with Human Machines. (Another title from the Rallik view)

Without a Thought to Consequence. (Based on the title for the first Berserker story, Without a Thought)

Survival of the Machines.

Ingenuity of Human Machines.

Task of the Death Machines.

Bastions of the Death Machines.

The Path Trod by Death Machines.

The Path Trod by the Human Machines.

Let's start with these!
I like that last one. Still accepting submissions.

I rather like this one. Especially since it fits well with the first contact people finding out cyborgs are abominations, and 'without a thought to the consequences' immediately tells them that their whole race are cyborgs and uploads.

Kind of puts you in the mood that the story is about them now having to deal with those consequences and any other ones they pile up as they go along.

Last edited:
You know, it occurs to me most of the apparent issue with Chausiku's stupidity could be easily removed just by having it noted that 'cyborg' and 'upload' have negative connotations, rather than that they translate to 'abomination'.

Oh well.. names... Let me try some too, or is it closed?

Iron Destiny
Consequences of Transcendence
Destiny of Man
Of Freedom and Steel
Of Iron and Paranoia

You know, it occurs to me most of the apparent issue with Chausiku's stupidity could be easily removed just by having it noted that 'cyborg' and 'upload' have negative connotations, rather than that they translate to 'abomination'.
That might work? I personally don't have an issue with it since it makes sense to me why she did it.

Back