How would the Primarchs compare to DC and Marvel characters?

Tech + superhuman intelligence + insane charisma + tactical genius + managerial skill = win for most.
Not in these Universes. Marvel and DC are so full of people on a much different level that everyone else scales against. There are people who could destroy entire 40k Galaxy by firing up their auras and people who took blasts from these guys and walked them off and people who then bested those guys in hand-to-hand combat and so on.

Not in these Universes. Marvel and DC are so full of people on a much different level that everyone else scales against. There are people who could destroy entire 40k Galaxy by firing up their auras and people who took blasts from these guys and walked them off and people who then bested those guys in hand-to-hand combat and so on.
The Endless are among the top-tier powers in the DC-verse, and they still get bamboozled or trapped by freaking no-name borderline-scrub-tier schmucks. Given that, I'm less than impressed with the high-tier peeps ability to focus and leverage their powers.

And, again, the showings vary so freaking much we might as well cite the ORIGINAL "Superman" who could leap a tall building, shrug off bullets, and lift a car. Still want to bet on his odds against the Primarchs?

The Endless are among the top-tier powers in the DC-verse, and they still get bamboozled or trapped by freaking no-name borderline-scrub-tier schmucks. Given that, I'm less than impressed with the high-tier peeps ability to focus and leverage their powers.

And, again, the showings vary so freaking much we might as well cite the ORIGINAL "Superman" who could leap a tall building, shrug off bullets, and lift a car. Still want to bet on his odds against the Primarchs?
The Endless aren't superheroes. Expecting them to follow superheroic genre conventions is as dumb as assuming, say, that . . . anyone in the 40k setting would have a shred of moral fiber.

Ehhh, not really.

As explained here:

The win/loss ratio of Batman VS Superman fights is massively skewed in favor of Superman.

Also, Superman aside, Wonder Woman and Billy Bateson are in the same power class but lack weaknesses.

Plus I don't think the Primarches really do the 'invent a weakness exploiting device in short order' type thing that Batman does anyway.

Chaos Gods are supposedly all-powerful and a guy with backing of all four of them cannot beat one guy with a bunch of tanks. Therefore Chaos Gods are weak.
Lowbailing is really poor form, don't you agree?

Chaos Gods are supposedly all-powerful and a guy with backing of all four of them cannot beat one guy with a bunch of tanks. Therefore Chaos Gods are weak.
Lowbailing is really poor form, don't you agree?
One very special guy, a bunch of really big tanks, a lot of very angry men, and a planetfull of BS-tier anti-god tech.

But yeah, point made.

I still maintain that the Primarchs are on par with the average performance of the Justice League though.

Three words: Phantom Zone Projector

Two more: Ultimate Nullifier

One very special guy, a bunch of really big tanks, a lot of very angry men, and a planetfull of BS-tier anti-god tech.

But yeah, point made.

I still maintain that the Primarchs are on par with the average performance of the Justice League though.

I mean sure but you have to remember the kind of standards Justice League has.

They will probably welcome Vulkan as a member.
I was reminded I did once make a joke that at one point Marvel would make ANGST Avengers with Dark and Gritty post-Civil War II She-Hulk, Dark and Gritty War Thor Volstagg* and Penance painted in Red, White and Blue as Captain America. The last member would be a Corvus Corax pretending to be Iron Man.

* - Whatever happened to him? Did he die or something?

Back