How would the Primarchs compare to DC and Marvel characters?

RecSLRXIII

Ceilin Salamander
How would the Emperor's genegorged sons compare to the varied powers of these universes?

Not excessively well. They aren't street level to be sure, but they also don't come anywhere near top tier. The only exception is Magnus, who could be a league/avengers level threat

Even supposed street level has supposedly street level and captain cold, weather wizard and mirror master are pure bs.

Even supposed street level has supposedly street level and captain cold, weather wizard and mirror master are pure bs.
Captain Cold intentionally stays "street level" to avoid attracting attention. The rogues in general are like that. They actually think about what would happen if they went beyond bank robberies and similar shit. They don't want League attention, they want to be the metahuman mafia of a single city.

Not great. Not awful but both universes are not exactly short on scowly supersoldiers or space warlords with none of the primarchs coming close to someone like Thanos or Darksied (Magnus stands above his brothers powerwise but still falls short).

This is obviously me trying to take into account the wildly fluctuating power levels of both universes, but I think it pans out.

Not excessively well. They aren't street level to be sure, but they also don't come anywhere near top tier. The only exception is Magnus, who could be a league/avengers level threat

The Horus Heresy series has them tanking Titan blasts and surviving getting stepped on by Titans (Lorgar and Angron). Wouldn't that have them above almost all Avengers/League members?

The Horus Heresy series has them tanking Titan blasts and surviving getting stepped on by Titans (Lorgar and Angron). Wouldn't that have them above almost all Avengers/League members?

What? No, of course not. Of the basic league lineup, multiple can juggle titan legions unassisted, Wonder Woman and Superman most obviously. Flash could disassemble an Imperator into component nuts and bolts, Primarches would be standing still against a Flash being serious. Over at Marvel, Thor too, and some of the other strong Avengers. Tony Stark has made things scarier than Titans. Dr. Strange has magic well above the primarch's psyker powers. If I made a list of members of both teams who could stomp the primaches on their own, it would be a very long list.

While we are at it, how would the Emperor stand in that universe?

I guess he would be on Martian Manhunter level?

I wonder if he would view metahumans like "deviants" or the next level of human evolution.
A giant powerful guy with delusions of grandeur from ancient times using power armor and bent on shaping humanity into his vision? He sounds like a dead ringer for apocalypse.

An important thing to remember is that mind effecting magic has often been the silver bullet used by baddies to take down the league, with the manhunter being the consistantly immune one. Magnus seems to be their hard counter in this respect: tough enough to tank a punch or two, then reduces their capacity to think to that of a particularly heroic rock.

An important thing to remember is that mind effecting magic has often been the silver bullet used by baddies to take down the league, with the manhunter being the consistantly immune one. Magnus seems to be their hard counter in this respect: tough enough to tank a punch or two, then reduces their capacity to think to that of a particularly heroic rock.
The league got once one-shot by a guy named the Key who was a lame silver age villain coming back in modern day. The key lost to a well-aimed arrow by Connor Hawke. Powerlevels are bullshit.

How would the Emperor's genegorged sons compare to the varied powers of these universes?
I think you mean geneForged, by the by.

Overall, it depends a LOT on which particular incarnation and interpretation you use, not just of DC, but of 40k as well. The gap between low- and high end showings make any objective judgments impossible.

Personally, I'd rate the Primarchs about on par with the Justice League on an average day. Because if the freaking Batman can hang with the big boys, then so can goddamn Conrad Curze, and if Curze can, so can his brothers.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

The league got once one-shot by a guy named the Key who was a lame silver age villain coming back in modern day. The key lost to a well-aimed arrow by Connor Hawke. Powerlevels are bullshit.

He's a planner-with-advanced technology type. He uses stuff like viruses and telepathy in his initial capture-the-league plan.

"So... Vulkan. You say that whenever you die you just... come back to life? Does that honestly even count as a superpower? I mean, most of the people on the League can do that. Hell, we still let Batman go around saying that he doesn't have any powers, and he's died at least a few times."

The New Mutants could beat them all, the Extinction Squad could beat them all, the Astonishing X-Men could beat them all, Excalibur could beat them all, the Justice Society and the Legion and the Justice League and so on and so forth...

Back