Honestly, for some reason it feels like this fic has been around longer than just since last December.
Than again, with the pandemic and loosing my father to a heart attack, not like my life hasn't been rather eventful these last few months. :(

Story's still going. Just.. slowly. It's the math course. Doesn't leave much free time when I'm emotionally fresh enough to write.

Are second trigger events fannon or cannon? Actually, that doesn't matter since this is fanfiction and if IJW wants them to be a thing then the obviously stressful confrontation with Carol would be a great excuse for Amy "developing" the ability to work on brains. I know if Amy said to me, "I'm more than a healer, I'm a total bio-kinetic", my first words would be, "So you can do brains? Do you understand how they work, because if not we are contacting the best neurologists and neurosurgeons to get you some "hands on" training". She would be a neurosurgeon's dream come true being able to keep them alive no matter how long their skulls were cut open!

Are second trigger events fannon or cannon? Actually, that doesn't matter since this is fanfiction and if IJW wants them to be a thing then the obviously stressful confrontation with Carol would be a great excuse for Amy "developing" the ability to work on brains. I know if Amy said to me, "I'm more than a healer, I'm a total bio-kinetic", my first words would be, "So you can do brains? Do you understand how they work, because if not we are contacting the best neurologists and neurosurgeons to get you some "hands on" training". She would be a neurosurgeon's dream come true being able to keep them alive no matter how long their skulls were cut open!
She could always do brains, she just doesn't want to out of the fear of fucking everything up, so she claims she can't.

Second Triggers are canon, though very rare. There are four characters in Worm who had them: Narwhal, Grue (happens in the plot), Glaistig Uaine, and King of Cups (happens towards the end of the story, but unlike Grue he's a background character at best).

Second Triggers are canon, though very rare. There are four characters in Worm who had them: Narwhal, Grue (happens in the plot), Glaistig Uaine, and King of Cups (happens towards the end of the story, but unlike Grue he's a background character at best).
Also Taylor is suggested to have triggered twice in rapid succession (or to have had a trigger-and-a-half, depending on the source), due to her power not being any help in getting her out of the locker, and in fact making things worse due to sensory overload.

*reads that*

... the local police force in a city in presumably the USA in 2001 are called the Silver Guardians? Is someone messing with the wiki, or did the show really do that?
Not America, actually. Canonically, the only Power Rangers team to be based in the USA was SPD Alpha squad (in Seattle, i think)... who turned out to be traitors. Who knew. All the other Power Rangers teams seem to be based in New Zealand, Australia, and that general area in the Pacific.

Not America, actually. Canonically, the only Power Rangers team to be based in the USA was SPD Alpha squad (in Seattle, i think)... who turned out to be traitors. Who knew. All the other Power Rangers teams seem to be based in New Zealand, Australia, and that general area in the Pacific.
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, takes place in Angel Grove, a fictional city in California

true but a problem comes when you face things with the durability of something like leviathan.

though soon enough There's going to be an age problem that needs to be solved. Folks will notice the disparities if they keep messing with time to much though tbh should be fixable.
Amy can probably deal with this if it becomes a problem.

true but a problem comes when you face things with the durability of something like leviathan.
Not really? Endbringers can't exactly prevent space-time manipulation after it has already happened, and I don't see any reason why an Endbringer would be able to prevent such in a time stop.

Not really? Endbringers can't exactly prevent space-time manipulation after it has already happened, and I don't see any reason why an Endbringer would be able to prevent such in a time stop.
Then there's fact that Taylor's power is not Shard-based. She is just so good with clockmaking she accidentally started to manipulate time. The thing is, Shards have problems with non-natural effects not caused by "Shard Fuckery" (they potentially can't comprehend magic, depends on author) and considering all "precog" shards are just probability algorithms, she and rest of her Time Patrol can become massive blindspot. Shards can't perceive her well, they potentially even can't parse what is she doing.

Then there's fact that Taylor's power is not Shard-based. She is just so good with clockmaking she accidentally started to manipulate time. The thing is, Shards have problems with non-natural effects not caused by "Shard Fuckery" (they potentially can't comprehend magic, depends on author) and considering all "precog" shards are just probability algorithms, she and rest of her Time Patrol can become massive blindspot. Shards can't perceive her well, they potentially even can't parse what is she doing.

If she's that good then she should be able to teach her techniques and process to others.

If she's that good then she should be able to teach her techniques and process to others.
Well, there's the thing that while she knows she is doing it, it doesn't look like she knows exactly how. She haven't even noticed until Danny specifically told her that her watches started to manipulate time. Then there's fact that we don't know what caused it, aside of Taylor making watches like obsessed for most of her life. It's entirely possible that whatever is she doing is non-reproducable similarly to Tinkertech. Is she just that good? It is stable time-loop where at the end Taylor gives herself her powers? Is she some sort of Chosen of Time? It's possible she can teach others. In the same way, it's possible she literally can't, because she's only one who can do that.

Would it be possible for Contessa to have one of those TimeWatch... Cuz I could only imagine her encountering it in her PtV as one of a requirement for her completion of her NUMEROUS paths.

Would it be possible for Contessa to have one of those TimeWatch... Cuz I could only imagine her encountering it in her PtV as one of a requirement for her completion of her NUMEROUS paths.
She could... but even now, Taylor's time shenanigans would make her gaping hole for PtV's predictions and Contessa without PtV is moreless helpless AFAIK. And even with watches, first use of them would put PtV on the fritz because as for right now, Precog Shards aren't able to parse Taylor's Time Bullshitery. In best case, PtV drops 404 error when Fortuna asks how to use them, in worst case it crashes.

Then there's fact that Taylor's power is not Shard-based. She is just so good with clockmaking she accidentally started to manipulate time. The thing is, Shards have problems with non-natural effects not caused by "Shard Fuckery" (they potentially can't comprehend magic, depends on author)
It depends on the magic system. If it's something that requires some level of enlightenment or spirituality, like Bending from Avatar, then as beings that outsourced creative thought, they simply can't. They also shouldn't be able to replicate Magecraft from the Nasuverse due to that being a human thing. They should totally be able to comprehend something like Naruto's Chakra due to it just being odd types of energy, though.

And even with watches, first use of them would put PtV on the fritz because as for right now, Precog Shards aren't able to parse Taylor's Time Bullshitery.
They should still be able to precog Taylor, if not what she can do.

In best case, PtV drops 404 error when Fortuna asks how to use them, in worst case it crashes.
Eh, I'm pretty sure that PtV could handle "Ask Eidolon to destroy all those watches at once without harming anybody." In the most likely case here, Precogs have trouble with predicting the results of Taylor's experiments and not much more.

I will state this one very specific fact: Lisa with a time machine is a nearly unstoppable force of nature, precisely because her Thinker power isn't precog.

Am I the only one hoping that they'll to have to deal with time problems that the rest of the world isnt / can't be aware of, a la Booster Gold?

Invasions from the double future anyone?

Back