Homeless Guy Survival: A Mostly Comedic Quest

Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

You just got kicked out of your apartment and now you're homeless... However all you need is to survive 1 week of being homeless and you'll be picked up by a homeless shelter, it cant be that hard.... right?
Day 1: Turn 1

NinjaMaster N

Lpver of Quests and Ninjas
10: 30 A.M. (Monday)

Your name is Homer Less

You were recently kicked out of your apartment and now your all alone in an alleyway.... 'Man, being homeless sucks' you thought to your self 'luckily i called up the homeless shelter from the next town over...but i have to wait a week before they pick me up."... Suddenly your stomach growls.

What do you do?

[ ]Beat up other homeless people and steal their money

[ ]Find food from a trash can

[ ]Beg on the street for food

*Hey yall, i liked reading quest so i decided to make one myself... Hope you guys like this.*

Last edited:
Character Sheet
Name: Homer Less
HP: 29/50 (If this goes down to 0. Homer Dies.)
Mental Health: 23 (If this goes down 0, Homer goes insane)
Money: $124
Strength: 6 (Determines how strong you are)
Endurance: 5 (How much you can endure physical and Emotional Pain)
Charisma: 7 (How good you are with social situations)
Kindness: 8 (How thoughful you are)

Hunger: 53 (When it reaches 0 Homer will start taking 1d4 of damage for every 3 Minutes of time passes)

Skills: (The more you use skills, the better the skill becomes.)

Observe Lvl 1
Next Lvl: 1/10
Allows you to find more details about something. This skill becomes locked if you're hungry

Cleaner Lvl 1
Next Lvl: 5/10
When you clean for long periods of time, (Atleast 35 Minutes) Gain 1 Strength

Traits:
Not Insane Yet: (This does nothing)
Showered: (This does nothing but hey atleast you're not smelly.)
"Sweet Tooth": whenever Homer eats something thats Sweet he regains 5 HP

Inventory:
1. Brick (Very Throwable, Its in the hands of some losers however)
2. Julius/Julia "Freind" Cheeser (He's currently in your pockets)

Equipment:
Head: None
Hands: None
Body: A shirt that says "Homeless" (No effect)
Pants: Pants that are really really baggy (No Effect)
Shoes: Cheap Sandals that cost $0.99 (No Effect)

Relationships:
Julius/Julia "Freind" Cheeser: Homer's Best Friend
Homers Note: "Bestest Friend i ever had."

Rory Teespin: Homer 2nd Closest Bond
Homers Note: "I think he is cool but im pretty sure he doesnt trust me for some reason."

Burning "BurCa" Canine: Homer Likes him
Homers Note: "Nice guy, we're not really friends but he's a cool guy nonetheless."

Trey Der: Homer thinks he's wierd
Homers Note: "We aren't friends i think."

Last edited:
Day 1 Turn 2
Tip 1: The reasonable choices may not be the best ones.
10:35 AM
--------
Beg on the street for food
After swallowing a bit of your pride, you sat down at a sidewalk waiting for someone to beg to, walk by... After Waiting a few moments you saw a girl walk by you reached out to her begging her for food.

"I hate homeless people" she says before roundhouse kicking you in the gut sending you to the sky.

Damage Roll= 10
- (5% Endurance)
= 9 damage

You were sent flying into the stratosphere... You could see the whole city from up there... But that view became closer and closer and closer until.... Crash! You got a very close up view of the ground

Damage Roll = 7
- (5% Endurance)
= 6

After getting up from the ground. You look around to see you're in an alleyway, and after searching around the area you find that its next to an Electronics Store and a laundromat.... Maybe this alleyway could be your new home for a while....

Make this alleyway your temporary home?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

..... After deciding what you should do with that alleyway. You suddenly smell something.. delicous...... After blindly following the smell, You suddenly find yourself in a park, it was a rather pleasent park, but you werent here to look at the greenery you were here for food! And speaking of food your eyes spot the source of that delicious smell. A hot dog cart.

"Hot Dogs! Hot Dogs! Get your Hot Dogs!" Said the man dressed up in a hotdog suit, he appears to be the guy selling the hot dogs.

.... You were about to walk up to him and order hot dogs.. but then you realize you dont have any money your eyes looked everwhere on the ground to attempt to find some spare change on the ground... your eyes looked and looked... But your eyes cant find anything on the ground but a single brick.... It appears you'll starve today..... 'Unless.....' Suddenly you thought of something that might get you your meal.

You look around the park, there werent many people all you saw were some kids playing Hopscotch and an elderly couple sleeping on a bench together... the sight was quite wholesome... But your thoughts werent... You pick the brick up and then....

[ ] You throw it at the Hotdog Man
[ ] Stop and reconsider what you're doing....

Do you wish to keep the brick?
[ ] Keep it for safe keeping
[ ] Throw it away

Hunger Decay....
Hunger: 76
Hunger Reduction Roll: 1
Havent Ate Reduction Roll: 32
76 - 1 - 32 = 43
----------------------
*Aw man i did alot of stuff but im sure that i didnt take too long on the que-... HOLY CANOLI Its Been 3 weeks! Well better late then never i suppose.*

Last edited:
[x] No
[x] Stop and reconsider what you're doing....
[x] Keep it for safe keeping

[X] No
[X] Stop and reconsider what you're doing....
[X] Keep it for safe keeping

What separates people from beasts? Not much on bad days. Homer shall endure and continue to be a person even on this bad day.
Perhaps forage in the park? Bird eggs, squirrels, dandelions, the odd suspicious mushroom and parks can have water fountains. Fill the stomach with water to trick hunger to visit at a later date.

Day 1 Turn 3
10:40 AM
-------
[x] No
[x] Stop and reconsider what you're doing....
[x] Keep it for safe keeping

Actually...... Maybe you shouldnt throw the brick at the guy. You may be hungry but you're not some wild animal willing to kill others just for a snack! 'Well... If im not gonna throw the brick at the guy might as well try to forage' You thought to yourself 'Maybe the dandelions are edible or maybe i can eat the grass, i mean if cows can do it why cant i?' Suddenly you felt a tap from your shoulder, It was the Hotdog Guy.

"Eat up" Said the hotdog guy before he hands you 3 whole hot dogs.

"Oh uh... Thanks" You then devoured the 3 hot dogs in less then 5 seconds.

Hunger: 43 + (3d10 Hotdog Roll) 2+9+2 = 56!
No longer hungry! "Observe" Regained!
".... You should probably chew, i dont want to see barf in the fountain."

"What fountain?" The Hotdog Guy turns you around and lo behold a fountain was there, the sunlight made the fountain look really beautiful. "How the heck did i miss this!" You ask yourself, were you really that oblivious to your surroundings?

The Hotdog Guy shrugs "I dunno. Maybe you were so hungry that your not able to properly observe stuff.... Anyways you should probably go home and take shower you smell pretty bad."

"... Well i cant really do that, You see i was kicked out of my apartment today."

"That sucks... Here, takes this." The Hotdog Guy hands you $30!

"Oh thank you." You put the money in your pocket "Thats gonna help me out alot."

"No problem. Oh by the way, there's also theres a shower that anyone can use at the public swimming pool maybe you should pay that a visit."

"I definintely will, thanks a lot..." You then have a realization.. "..I dont think i know your name."

"Its Burning Canine." The hotdog guy said with zero hesitation

"... Thats your name?"

"Yes... You can call me BurCa though."

"Okay, mines Homer." You then leave the park because the smell you have is really bad...

While walking to the public swimming pool you notice that one of your pockets felt a bit heavy.. you grab the thing in your pockets and find out it was the brick you were tempted to throw at the hotdog guy.. 'Man, im sure glad i didnt do that.'. You look at the brick in your hand and..... Decide to keep it in your pockets, Because you thought that bricks are cool.

As you walk your mind begins to think about what you should do after taking a shower...

------Free Time!----

Time Limit: (100)

[] Do some observing (Minutes: 10)
[] Breathe air (Minutes: 10)
[] Explore the city (Minutes: 20)
[] Dance (Minutes: 20)
[] Throw your brick at trash cans (Minutes: 20)
[] Beg for Money (Minutes: 30)
[] Chill in the park (Minutes: 30)
[] Dive in dumpsters to find something (Minutes: 40)
[] Look for somewhere to work (Minutes: 40)
------------------------------------
*... I think i'll update this quest every 2 weeks..*

Last edited:
[X]Plan Starting out:
-[X] Breathe air (Minutes: 10)
-[X] Explore the city (Minutes: 20)
-[X] Look for somewhere to work (Minutes: 40)
-[X] Beg for Money (Minutes: 30)

Day 1 Turn 4
11:00 AM
------
[X]Plan Starting out:
-[X] Breathe air (Minutes: 10)
-[X] Explore the city (Minutes: 20)
-[X] Look for somewhere to work (Minutes: 40)
-[X] Beg for Money (Minutes: 30)
After taking a long bath which i cant describe in full detail otherwise my quest is going to burn to death, Homer came out a good-smelling man! Getting out of the public swimming pool (or more accurately its showers) you felt great!
Max Mental Health increased by 5

You felt so great that you almost didnt hear the loud noises of the Hyena Horde thats running down the street... 'Wait Hyena Horde?' Homer turned around and saw a sea of hyenas just pouring down the street "What the heck?" The hyena seem to ignore yout though.

"Where did all these hyenas come from?" You say to yourself, and as quickly as the hyenas appeared they rush through another part of town leaving you confused on what the heck just happened...
'What did i eat last night?'

11:10 AM
You decide to breathe air for 10 minutes why? Well other than the fact that it forces people who read this to breathe manually, its just nice to just breathe for a while.

But anyways, as you breathe air you felt something solid touch the tip of your nose. "Hey dont inhale me!" A voice from out of nowhere yelled.

'Wait where the heck?' You turn in every direction trying to find where that voice was coming from.
Then suddenly something of the size of a fly enters You're field of vision before suddenly... The world becomes a giant black void "What the hell?".

The fly sized thing suddenly become a huge spaceship thats 300 times bigger than a kaiju sized you! "Welcome to the timeless void where time stops and no one can hear you!" Yelled a voice coming from the spaceship.

".. Are you the thing that yelled at me?" You reply

"Yes, and [Censored alien curse] you!"

"Well uh.. sorry i didnt mean to almost inhale you.."

"Apology... not accepted.. we will meet again in order for forgiviness to be given to you." As the voice in the spaceship says that the ship dissapears and the black void dissapears with it

Homer felt rather uncomfortable about the fact that ship was probably owned by an alien which not only confirming that aliens are actually real but they also have way better technology than earth.. this causes some rather unpleasent thoughts about the earths place in the universe to enter his brain.

55- (1d4 Exstisential Damage 3 - 5% Endurance) = 53

While homer was dealing with.. his tiny little existential crises.. something entered his pockets....
--------------------
11:30 AM.
After you had your wierd little existential crises you decide to explore the city cause well... You're not really sure where the heck you are. And after walking for a bit you found a small little bakery that has a really alluring smell to it, since you only ate like 3 hotdogs you immediently go to the bakery like a moth to a source of light.

When you enter the bakery you immediently see bread and baked goods as far as the eye can see, you go to one of the shelves and just observe all of the delicous looking bread infortunantly for you they all cost 40 or More dollars, 'Man, since when did pastries get so expensive.'

Homer's Observation gains 1 EXP
Results=
Observation LVL 1
Exp 1/10

"So ya probably like the pastries here, right?" A voice next to you says.

"Yeah they look really good." You Looked at your right, you see a guy dressed like wild west cowboy, he even has a small paper star that says 'Sheriff' on his hat.

"Well this is jus' a guess, but i reckon that ya dont a've any money to afford anythin'."

You look at the cowboy with suprise "How did you know?"

"Well you see your shirt says 'Homeless' so either ya really like that shirt, or you're probably actually a homeless person.. i didn' actually think it was latter though, bit ironic dont ya think?"

You ponder abit about his words "Yeah it is a bit wierd.." '..Where'd i even get this shirt anyway?'

... "Oh i don' think i introduced mahself yet.." His hands form a finger gun "My name..." He points his finger gun to the roof "Is Billy Sharpshooter." He 'shoots' at the roof saying 'Pew Pew'

"Im Homer, nice to meet you and also that was kinda cool."

"Its more embarassin' than cool but thanks... Anyways
what kinda pastries do ya wanna munch on?"

"Well i like.." You then grab a

[] Butter Croissant (This will somehow increase your Strength by 1 if you eat it)

[] Pretzel (This will increase your Endurance by 1 for some reason)

[] Cinnamon Roll (Im not sure how but this will increase your Charisma by 1)

from the shelf "Too bad i cant afford this." You say outloud

"So ya chose that one huh? Purty daisy choice if ah do say so myself.... Tell ya what since you cant buy it ah'll bake one for ya."

You look at him with suprise yet again "Really? Do you work here or something?"

Billy shrugs "Not really but ah do help out here alot so its basically tuh same thang." He turns to a counter with seemingly no one there "Hey Bea! Mind if i bake something really quick?"

A tired feminine voice coming from the room behind the counter (Homer guesses its the Kitchen) replies to him "No not at all! I've been baking for hours now so someone else doing the baking would be really apprecieted."

Billy sighs "Bea, ah done thought ya hired someone yesteray ta help ya."

"Well i almost interviewed someone for the job... But i.."

"Ya reschedueled it didnt ya?" Billy guessed

"... Yeah...."

Billy sighs again and turns to you "Wait here for a minute or two, ah'll be right back." He pulls out apron and wears it and walks to the Kitchen.

Homer waits for a few minutes and starts to have an inner dialouge with himself.

'Man, this Billy guy is baking something for me and im a complete stranger to him, he doesnt have to yet.. he does, same with BurCa he gave me hotdogs and the only thing he knows about me is my name... Why did they help me? Is it because they have something to gain from me or maybe it's just because.. they're kind people?'

'Maybe... I could be kind like them too.'
Homer felt inspired by kindness allowing him to unlock the kindness in his soul.
Kindness: 8 added to your stats

After having this realization Billy walks up to you with the pastry you wanted "Here ya go." He hands you the pastry "Ah'd love to talk with ya more but im mighty busy moment, but if theres anything ya need just ask me." Billy then walks away to the kitchen

Homer looks at the pastry in his hand and wonders 'Should i eat this now or should i save it later?'

[] Eat it while its fresh (Doubles the stat gain from the pastry.)

[] Save it for later (You never know when you're gonna need a pastry.)

12:10 PM
After leaving the bakery you immediently try to find a job because you're poor af, And after 15 minutes of searching..... You find a Diner thats says 'Help Wanted: Janitor'

'Perfect' You thought to yourself as you enter the diner, When you enter you see that the interior looks like it came from the 1950's it has checkered floor red couches and it even has a jukebox! It's not playing anything however.
But you're not here to look at retro stuff, you're here to clean some floors and get payed! You look around the diner trying to find anyone but no one is there... Its kinda creepy "Um.. hello anyone there?.."
Suddenly a door with the words 'Storage' opens and A girl with red long flowing hair walks in.. her hair reminds you of lava for some wierd reason

"Oh my god a customer finally!" She excitedly exclaims.

"Im not a customer im here to do Janitor stuff"

As soon as you said that her excitement become dissapointment "Oh...." She points to the storage
"Theres a closet with all the janitor stuff in it.. Oh and if you try to steal anything your larynx will be erased."

"Okay." You immediently ran from her and went to the storage like a highly caffinated blue hedgehog.

Grabbing the janitorial supplies you began cleaning by mopping the floor...

Roll Required: 7
Rolled: 5
Failed

You thought you noticed a coin but thats probably just your imagination. Anyways you clean the diner thoroughly gaining a new appreciation for the hard working janitors in the world because cleaning a place is really hard work.

Cleaner LVL 1
When you clean for long periods of time, (Atleast 35 Minutes) Gain 1 Strength
-----------
Homer Gains 1 Strength.

You finally finished cleaning the whole place, The place looks shiny and brand new, "Wow, that sure took a long time." You say to yourself. "Atleast i can get paid."

"Wow good job" You jump at the sudden voice behind you only to feel a bit silly when you realize its just the red haired girl. "Geez did i suprise you that badly?"

"..Yes.."

"... Heres your payment" She then gives you $40!.

"Woohoo!" You did a backflip in celebration "Man i cant wait for the customers to see this they'll all be like 'Wow what amazing cleaning' and stuff.. You should probably open soon so that the customers can say that."

".. Weve been open for 4 hours"

You did a double no a triple take on what she said "What? But where are the customers?"

She sighs a little "Well i think it might have something to do with the Spoon Ban."

... You were now incredibly confused "Spoon Ban? What the hell is that?"

"Well someones been stealing alot of spoons lately, they've stolen so my much that its actually hurting the economy alot." She explains "And the mayor is gonna sign something that'll ban spoons"

"Well what does that have to do with no one coming to the diner?"

"Well the owner aka my dumb brother wont switch to knives like most other resturants, Because of stuff like 'Tradition' or whatever and no one wants to eat a place where the eating utensils might get stolen from them."

"Well is there anyway i can hel-" before you could finish your sentence a sudden thought occured to your head 'Wait why do i care about this? Im homeless, i have other more important things to worry about.'
"..Actually i think im gonna leave now.. bye.."

You then leave the diner feeling a bit.. guilty but you're trying to survive not help diners.

12: 40 PM
When you left the diner, you go sit on the sidewalk hoping you're begging is gonna give you money and not a roundhouse kick.
Rolled a 1
Damn
... So you've been begging and begging to many people.. but they just dont seem to care about you, except for some teen with a sweatband, he gave you a coin..
Mental Health 53 - (1d20 Despair Damage 20 - 5% Endurance) 19 + 1 Coin of hope= 35
'...This isnt gonna work out..' You stand up and just walk. To where? I dunno.

12:45

You walk aimlessly in the city trying to find something to do. 'Hmm, maybe i could make a money machine or something' you were so lost in tought that you almost didnt see the girl who roundhouse kicked you running away in fear from the gigantic horde of hyenas
'Wait what?' Before you could fully process whats going on you see her go inside a trash can leaving you surrounded with some very vicous-looking hyenas.
"Uh... nice doggies" You say nervously as you take a step back. While the hyenas get closer.... You close your eyes and pray that everything will be alright... But luckily for you, everything will be alright because some little girl is currenlty rubbing the bellies of the hyenas.

'Wait what?' You open your eyes and see.. well just that, a black haired kid rubbing the bellies of some hyenas seemingly ignoring you. "What the heck?"

She finally notices you "Oh hi there! Im Hai, Whats you're name mister?"

"Um... My names Homer and how did you do that?"

She tilts her head "Do what?"

You gesture to the docile hyenas "How did you make them not want to bite my ankles?"

"Oh that? Well its a secret! Also im very sorry my friends are grumpy, some meanie took something they really like and now they're all mean."

'Some meanie... That fits the girl hiding in trash can... I could tell Hai shes in the Trash Can, but what if the hyenas hurt her? I could also try to keep quiet but what if the hyenas become viscous again?... What should i say?'

[] "I think shes in the Trash Can"

[] "Oh sorry i dont know where she is"
---------

*Omg its been so freaking long since i last did anything with this quest Holy Moly.... Sorry it took so long.. i think i wont do Free Time's until i actually get good enough in writing, to do it quickly*

[X] Cinnamon Roll (Im not sure how but this will increase your Charisma by 1)
[X] Eat it while its fresh (Doubles the stat gain from the pastry.)

[X] "I think shes in the Trash Can"

Interlude: Dear Diary,
5:30 PM (Sunday)
Dear Diary,
I made a decent amount of money today enough for me to pay my share of the rent, however something odd occured today, his names escaping my memory because i barely know the guy but usually he'd here by now doing.... Well whatever wierd stuff that guys doing, He better come back soon because im not gonna pay for his share.

7:30 PM (Sunday)
Dear Diary,
Okay im starting to get a little scared its late and he's still not here, whats going on... Oh and i finally remember his name, its

"God damnit i ran out of ink."

Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by NinjaMaster N on Aug 17, 2023 at 6:35 AM, finished with 2 posts and 1 votes.

• [X] Cinnamon Roll (Im not sure how but this will increase your Charisma by 1)
    [X] Eat it while its fresh (Doubles the stat gain from the pastry.)
    [X] "I think shes in the Trash Can"

Day 1 Turn 5
11:30

You look at the fresh Cinnamon Roll in your hand in all of it's freshly baked glory and took one small bite and that small bite took you to a world of sweetness and yummyness. You did a little twirl because it tasted really good, however you felt really akward when you realize that Billy was right there just looking at you.

"... I thought you were at the kitchen."

".. Ah forgot somethin..."

"...... If you could do your embarassing thing i can do mine."

"Ya know what.. fair." Billy goes back back to the kitchen.

.... Homer goes outside the bakery and just screams in total embarrasment, atleast he liked Cinnamon Roll

Trait Unlocked: "Sweet Tooth", whenever Homer eats something thats Sweet he regains 5 HP
-----
Homer gains 5 HP
-------
Homer gains 2 Charisma!

12:45 AM

'Hai seems to have some good control over those hyenas, so maybe they wont bite her shoulders off.'

"I think shes in the trash can."

"Oh ok thanks mister!" Hai walks to the trash can and tries to open the trash can however she cant reach the lid, "A little help here" She says before a hyea launched itself onto the trash causing the trash can to fall on its side and spill its contents and the girl who round house kicked you.

"Oh no!" She screamed, she tried to crawl away but she was instantly surounded by hyenas.

"Well it looks like you cant run away this time." Hai said with a really cold tone in her voice "Hyenas, you know what to do." The hyenas bite the girl on the shoulders causing her to scream in pain

"Holy shi-" before you could finish your sentence Hai hands you $50 and some cheese

"This is for you mister!" She said with a smile

"Hai! What are you doing!?" You ask but she just laughs

"Doing whats right." she points at the girl being mauled by dozens of hyenas "Dont worry she wont die, killing is bad after all."

"This is horrible Hai!" You exclaimed "I know she took something but this is going too far!"

"Oh yeah i forgot about the lie i told you."

Your eyes widen in schock "What do you mean by that?"

She gives you a really unsettling smile before saying "She didnt take anything from the hyenas she took something from me." She turns to the hyenas amyking the girl "Take her away my friends."

The hyenas bite into the girls shoulders once more dragging her to whatever messed-up place shes going, before she leaves your feild of vision she lets out a blood curdling scream "HELP ME!" before she dissapears from your line of sight.

Hai turns to you with the biggest most unsettling smile that you'll probably be seeing in your nihhtmares tonight "Thanks Mister this wouldnt have happened without your help!" She gets on one of the bigger hyenas "Make sure to feed your mouse friend, he's really hungry." She quickly leaves with the hyena shes on leaving you alone.

'What have i done?' You thought to yourself...

Homers Mental Health: 34 - (1d20 Guilt damage: 11) = 23

Then you remebered something weird she said 'Didnt she say something about a mouse?' You then hear squeeking noises coming from your pocket. Your eyes drift to the pockets of your pants allowing you to see a rat with a scar overpoking its head out. 'Where the heck did i get this guy?" Suddenly the rat quickly crawls from your pocket into the palm of your hand thats holding the cheese Hai gave you, "Huh this little guy's pretty fast." You say to yourself while the rat starts to nibble on the cheese.

Will you keep the rat?

[]Yes
What should his name be then?
-[] Write-in

[] No

*Well that took quite the turn. I may have forgotten to tell you all that bad desicions are going to be a factor in this quest, anyways voting ends in 3 days so make sure to vote by then*

Last edited:
Back