Homebrew space opera RP IC

KadeS said:
"What are the fuel levels at now? And what's the charge on the ATV?" I ask

"Last time I checked, we wouldn't have enough range for the ATVs, but we have more than enough range to cover every one of the points from the Humvee."
ATV's are down to about 25% charge, the car is down to 32\100kg.

"Oh we have low fuel now....Maybe we need to ask those guy for information before going around in the desert?"

"Or top off the tanks from the actual hydrogen tank." I suggest. "If we find a water source, we probably could produce some more hydrogen... Maybe."

KadeS said:
"Or top off the tanks from the actual hydrogen tank." I suggest. "If we find a water source, we probably could produce some more hydrogen... Maybe."
Using the portable device you fill up the car to 52\100. The portable tank is empty now though.

I shrug and resist the urge to kick at the container.

"Maybe we can recharge it using water or something... Yeah, I wish we were on a planet with more water now."

"So," I start. "Looks like we do need to go down and talk to them, then. If this is where the ship is, or if this is vital in any way, we won't have the fuel to get back, and we'd have to walk back. Any volunteers to go talk to them? I'll go if nobody else will, but I'd rather not."

OOC: Marduk, this is assuming that they're on top of where the point on the map is.

omnimercurial said:
"We're going to have to drive more conservatively now guys" I say with a frown.
"According to the fuel numbers, we won't be able to make it back here if we go to the other two points. I think it'll be best to make contact with people there. Preferably someone with armor and one with the black shirt things... We'll cover them from a range.. "

omnimercurial said:
"Screw it, there's a time for talking and a time for action.... with some talking."

I start making my way over to the people camped out ahead while holding my Lasgun in readiness should things go bad.

"Anyone coming with me?" I ask while walking.
"Call me paranoid but I still say this is a bad idea. Fine, whatever. Seeing as I'm the resident redshirt I guess I'll be going with you." I grumble as I shoulder my gun after giving it a quick check over to insure no sand has gunked it up.

Dreamyr said:
"Call me paranoid but I still say this is a bad idea. Fine, whatever. Seeing as I'm the resident redshirt I guess I'll be going with you." I grumble as I shoulder my gun after giving it a quick check over to insure no sand has gunked it up.
omnimercurial said:
"Screw it, there's a time for talking and a time for action.... with some talking."

I start making my way over to the people camped out ahead while holding my Lasgun in readiness should things go bad.

"Anyone coming with me?" I ask while walking.
As you approach the camp, you get noticed by it's occupants, some commotion starts, and soon you see 5 people, similarly dressed to the one you have seen earlier, armed with long guns, greet you near the camp.
They seem surprised seeing you, asking who are you, what are you doing here, and how did you get here, as you settle on talking in english, which they seem to know, though their accent is way off compared to what you are used for.

omnimercurial said:
"Hi, My name is.... Omni." I say in a measured tone to avoid hostility. "As to what we are doing here, well we came to introduce ourselves to you."

"Are you Native to this world or Settlers?" I ask with curiousity.
"Natives? On this planet? Good joke. Either way, what's your business around here... People don't come here for fun, plenty of better places for that."

omnimercurial said:
"Exploration.... of a sort." I say with an embaressed grin. "Think of the Mother of all Hangovers... followed by not remembering where your Ship is!" I laugh.
"Nice story... Now cut the bullshit, why are you cruising around this planet? Prospectors or what?"
omnimercurial said:
"I'm curious...did you guys end up here because of Shipwreck or are you Colonists by choice?"
"We've seen a lot of wreckage while travelling around, so the thought did occur that maybe that was your origin and you might be in need of some assistance?" I ask inquisitively.
"Let's say colonists would be close. The wrecks are probably some leftovers from the time this planet was being terraformed, pick what you want, it's scrap. Better go hunt old scrap instead of sticking your nose in our business."
omnimercurial said:
"Perhaps if you are desirous of leaving this World we could arrange passage... if we locate our Ship that is." I say jovially.

"With your experience living here I'm sure you are more familiar with the local hazards and advantages."
"Could we negotiate or trade for some Maps or Advice?" "Perhaps a Guide?" I ask.
"Maybye... You can't earn an extra buck around here often. What do you want, and how much can you pay for it?"

Back