Heartbroken [Short Quest] [COMPLETE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
====================
[ 5.1 ]
====================

...Michelle Walker.​

Your head is pounding.

Your head is pounding, off-beat to the bass line of the DJ's mix, and the drink on the bar in front of you is a sick, pale green that is suddenly too reminiscent of bile. You push it aside, and the bartender takes it away, wiping the counter in one smooth motion.

You cradle your head in your hands, elbows on the bar, and you try not to think.

...Yeah, this place... is the same place you used to hang out in, all the time... It really feels... familiar... In the end, for all that has happened between you and him... Really, nothing... nothing has changed at all... Has it..?

And then Gabriel sidles up next to you, his deep v-neck showing off his chest, his gentle hand on your elbow. "Hey, Mich. You doin' good? Need 'nother drink?"

[x] Drink.
[x] Dance.

Last edited:
[JK] DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRI-
[JK] PROCEED TO SHOW OFF YOUR FANTABULOUS DANCING 10/10 AWESOMENESS 9/10 SKILLS
[JK]

You know, while the story posts on my other quests get mostly vanilla likes, Heartbroken story posts almost exclusively earns hugs.

*watches hug count climb increasingly higher*

====================
[ 5.2 ]
====================

Dance.​

You hesitate a long moment, then you shake off his hand.

"...I'm gonna dance," you say.

You sway unsteadily to your feet and stumble away from the bar, deaf to Gabriel's protests through the pounding beat of the techno-mix. You slowly make your way onto the dance floor, shouldering yourself into the press of gyrating, sweaty bodies until you find some room to move.

And then you dance.

And you dance.

And you remember, and you forget.

...That's right, caught in this vicious cycle you've trapped yourself in, the only way for you to endure is to... lose yourself... in this... music.

You close your eyes, and you dance, and in the strobe light sweeping across the crowd it is impossible to tell whether or not your cheeks are stained at all by your regret.

[x] Epilogue: Puzzle Pieces.
[x] Epilogue: Secondary Cast.

Last edited:
Apologise for the wait. Obviously I've never been in a nightclub before, as the noise tends to turn me off long before the infinite queues do.

Next post is probably the last one to tie up this quest, and... yeah.

This has been too long coming already; it's way past time for me to put this heartbreaking one to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back