HBO Developing a Jon Snow Sequel Spinoff. Wot?

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Game of Thrones’ Jon Snow Sequel Series in Development at HBO (Exclusive)

Kit Harington is attached to reprise his fan-favorite role in the first potential 'Thrones' project to take place after the events in the original series.

The network has entered into early development on its first sequel to its blockbuster fantasy drama: A live-action spin-off series centered on the fan-favorite character Jon Snow, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Kit Harington is attached to reprise the role should a series move forward. The actor was twice nominated for an Emmy for his portrayal of an action-hero who struggles to uphold his family's noble values in a brutal world.

Odds on this never seeing the light of day?

Odds on this never seeing the light of day?
What about the other ones at the bottom of the article?

"HBO's other live-action prequels in various stages of development are 10,000 Ships (a.k.a. Nymeria) with showrunner Amanda Segel, 9 Voyages (a.k.a. The Sea Snake) with showrunner Bruno Heller, and Dunk and Egg with showrunner Steve Conrad.

"There are also three animated prequel projects, including The Golden Empire, which is set in the China-inspired land of Yi Ti."

What about the other ones at the bottom of the article?

"HBO's other live-action prequels in various stages of development are 10,000 Ships (a.k.a. Nymeria) with showrunner Amanda Segel, 9 Voyages (a.k.a. The Sea Snake) with showrunner Bruno Heller, and Dunk and Egg with showrunner Steve Conrad.

"There are also three animated prequel projects, including The Golden Empire, which is set in the China-inspired land of Yi Ti."

Dunk and Egg one is the only one that sounds promising IMO.

Animations are always good though

There's a lot to unpack here. I did hear about the various floated around prequels and sidequels, but that's the first I heard of a sequel.

I don't want it.

Seriously, who's the guy over at HBO still obsessed with making it a major franchise after S8 burned down so badly it had removed the show from public consciousness? They don't even know if the upcoming show will be an succes.

I don't want it.

Seriously, who's the guy over at HBO still obsessed with making it a major franchise after S8 burned down so badly it had removed the show from public consciousness? They don't even know if the upcoming show will be an succes.

Normally, the most surefire way to esnure that a show doesn't remain in the public consciousness is for it to end and to never do anything with it ever again. Most shows disappear from the public consciousness when they're over. They have their rusted on fandom, but the general public moves on.

Here's the thing, I'm actually looking forward to fire and blood and some of the other spin-offs, but why in the hell would you not only make this but also make it about the character who's story is fucking DONE?! Cover Arya for crying out loud, hell even Sansa might work. But Jon, he's fucked off to beyond the ruined wall to go live with the Free Folk. What stories are you gonna freaking tell?

Here's the thing, I'm actually looking forward to fire and blood and some of the other spin-offs, but why in the hell would you not only make this but also make it about the character who's story is fucking DONE?! Cover Arya for crying out loud, hell even Sansa might work. But Jon, he's fucked off to beyond the ruined wall to go live with the Free Folk. What stories are you gonna freaking tell?

In a shocking twist it turns out the White Walkers weren't just out for revenge and domination, they were fleeing something even worse and Jon Snow will now have to spend at least two seasons trying to convince Westeros its real and their problem and this is absolutely not an elaborate prank to advance a claim on the throne of the North or the Seven Six Kingdoms.

True Detective: Lands of Always Winter

I want them to lean into Jon having intense "divorced guy" energy. The show revolves around Jon snow buying a van and guilting his friends into joining his led zeppelin cover band. They tour across the seven kingsoms playing in dive bars, Jon keeps getting new tattoos and leather bracelets. Sam cringes as he watches Jon quote some half remembered Asian mysticism while trying to pick up a girl half his age.

Last edited:
The show title is "You know nothing, Jon Snow" it's about Jon going to the citadel to get a degree, he get in wacky hijinks and learn a little bit more every week.

It's a sitcom

Jon x Val sitcom with Tormund and the Weeper as their wacky neighbors.

Yeah, of all the character's Jon's is the most "done" - he gets his happy ending, back with the Free Folk north of the ruins of the wall. His story's over, like Jon's whole role in finale is turning down power and every turn and then riding off with a smile into obscurity. If you're dead set on a sequel show there's a ton of plots you could spool out, but Jon's is decidedly not one of them.

What're the odds it's some Obi-Wan esque rip off? Jon's gotta come south for a reunion tour and frown every time he's reminded of stuff from GoT.

There's like a thousand different ideas they could do with the Song of Ice and Fire Setting now that they're free of the show and they go with the most baffling, boring, Does Not Need To Exist concept ever. Amazing.

More adventures of Ghost please. The quest for headpats.

Sansa and Arya have no interest to me. Arya has the personality of a wet rag

George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke Reveal Jon Snow Spinoff Details

Martin and Clarke give some behind-the-scenes details about the 'Game of Thrones' sequel in the works, and Gwendoline Christie weighs in as well.
Writing on his blog, Martin revealed the project's working title is Snow.

Clarke noted in an interview with the BBC that Harington is deeply involved with the project. "He has told me about it," Clarke says. "And I know it exists. It's happening. It's been created by Kit as far as I can understand, so he's in it from the ground up. So what you will be watching, hopefully, if it happens, is certified by Kit Harington."

Martin confirmed Clarke's account: "Yes, it was Kit Harington who brought the idea to us. I cannot tell you the names of the writers/showrunners, since that has not been cleared for release yet … but Kit brought them in too, his own team, and they are terrific."

The author also said he's involved with the creative side. "I am involved, just as I am with [the Thrones prequels in the works] The Hedge Knight and The Sea Snake and Ten Thousand Ships, and all the animated shows," he wrote. "Kit's team have visited me here in Santa Fe and worked with me and my own team of brilliant, talented writer/consultants to hammer out the show."

Clarke, asked about whether she could ever reprise her iconic role as Daenerys Targaryen, replied, "No, I think I'm done."
This is Kit Harington's brain bug? :eek: Oh, and I didn't include anything about Christie because it's just a generic "I'm open to returning" thing.

Only adjacent to the thread topic, but this was mentioned in the first Hollywood Reporter article that started this thread. Here's an update.

‘Game of Thrones’ Dunk and Egg Prequel Officially Ordered to Series

Max has officially greenlit another 'Game of Thrones' spinoff: 'A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms: The Hedge Knight' with author George R.R. Martin on board as a series writer and executive producer
The title is based on George R.R. Martin's popular trio of Dunk and Egg novellas, which chronicle the story of "Dunk" (the future Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, Ser Duncan the Tall) and "Egg" (the future king Aegon V Targaryen) as they wander Westeros having adventures roughly 100 years before the events of the novels.

Martin himself will be writing on the show, with the author billed as an executive producer and writer alongside House of the Dragon producer Ira Parker. Dragon showrunner Ryan Condal will executive produce, along with Martin's longtime business manger Vince Gerardis.

But George still hasn't finished the last book ffs

Look, at this point we should just resign ourselves to either a) Martin just never finishing the books or b) Martin dying before he's finished and Ty Frank and Daniel Abraham (or whoever) wrapping things up based on his notes or something.

Like he's even said that GoT lapping him took the pressure off because now people know the broad strokes of the story.

Maybe I should start a new thread specifically for this series. :redface:

‘Game of Thrones’ Spinoff ‘The Hedge Knight’ Gets 2025 Release Date

David Zaslav has given an update about HBO's second post-'Thrones' drama series.
On Friday, Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav gave an update on the next Game of Thrones spin-off series: A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms: The Hedge Knight (a title that seems destined to be changed to something that doesn't have "Knight" twice).

"[Creator and executive producer] George R.R. Martin is in pre production for the new spin off, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, which will premiere in late 2025 on Max," Zaslav said.

The show is expected to begin production sometime this year.

Back