General Minecraft Thread

I guess "deep dark" is a common enough phrase. They might not have taken the name directly from the mod. The new vanilla content does look cool at least.

Are negative y-values a 1.17+ thing? I've never seen anything below y=0 except the void.

You can get them in 1.17 with a data pack, but without that they only show up in the 1.18 snapshots, a few of the old snapshots for 1.17, and presumably the 1.18 release.

So how does the thing work anyway? Is it basically a Nether but you mine down to get to?

Not really the nether, it doesn't have anything common with it. It's just it's own biome and place in the world.

Awesome video:

Last edited:
Are there any active SV servers going on? I'm thinking of getting back into the game.

I'd be interested in an SV server too, at least for a bit. XD

@Baughn runs a modded 1.16 server. It's not specifically an SV server, but many SV members are on (or were, it's a little dead at the moment).

I would be interested in joining an SV server, once I complete the move to my new home next week.

@Darkally do you have details or a link to the SV server run by @Baughn ? And do you know if it is accepting new members?

It should be open to new members, just a matter of hopping on the discord and asking to be whitelisted, though the discord invite I could find seems to have expired.

Here's the website, though it's a bit outdated: Erisia - Home

Last edited:
I would be interested in joining an SV server, once I complete the move to my new home next week.

@Darkally do you have details or a link to the SV server run by @Baughn ? And do you know if it is accepting new members?
Just FYI, the current iteration (E28) is running a sizable mod pack. I think you might be able to get away with only 5 or 6 GB of memory, but 8+ GB is recommended. I think.

It's also a custom mod pack distributed using MCUpdater, which AFAIK only works with Mojang accounts. If you've migrated your account or started with a Microsoft account you'll have to figure out how to run the pack with a different launcher such as MultiMC or Curse Forge. I believe it's possible, but I don't know the specifics of how to do it.

It should be open to new members, just a matter of hopping on the discord and asking to be whitelisted, though the discord invite I could find seems to have expired.

Here's the website, though it's a bit outdated: Erisia - Home

Alright, trying to get the thing running now. Not quite sure how to proceed, but I got MCUpdater running at least. XD

Alright, trying to get the thing running now. Not quite sure how to proceed, but I got MCUpdater running at least. XD
You'll need an invite to the Erisa Discord server. That's why people pinged Baughn, they're the server owner AFAIK. Then you'll have to agree to the Minecraft server's rules, which are basically "we're here for fun, don't be an asshole", then one of the server admins will whitelist you.

You'll need an invite to the Erisa Discord server. That's why people pinged Baughn, they're the server owner AFAIK. Then you'll have to agree to the Minecraft server's rules, which are basically "we're here for fun, don't be an asshole", then one of the server admins will whitelist you.

I'm already in the Erisia discord server. I think my current problem is actually java version - I only have java 16 installed, I think, and hence Minecraft won't start. Though I might need to get whitelisted for the Minecraft server too. :/

Edit: Yup, installed java 8 and used that, it launches at least. Now, to see if I can connect to the server... XD

Last edited:
I'm already in the Erisia discord server. I think my current problem is actually java version - I only have java 16 installed, I think, and hence Minecraft won't start. Though I might need to get whitelisted for the Minecraft server too. :/

Ah, okay. I think you'll want the latest version of Java 8 from Adopt Open JDK. See if this link works: AdoptOpenJDK

Not really sure what to do with all the copper I'm getting. It only has a couple uses right now, and I'm reluctant to mess around with waxing to use it as a building material.

Not really sure what to do with all the copper I'm getting. It only has a couple uses right now, and I'm reluctant to mess around with waxing to use it as a building material.

It doesn't need to be waxed for you to build with it, if you don't mind it oxidizing, or are willing to just use an axe to scrape it clean regularly. Alternatively, if you do want to wax it, I've found bees aren't that difficult - I've got six hives scattered around my area at the moment, and am getting lots of honeycombs from them. And I'm pretty sure they're making my crops grow better, too. XD

Hm does anyone know how to get whitelisted for the Erisia server? I was on SV one a year ago, but apparently that didn't get me whitelisted for Erisia proper.

Really not enthused about the Warden, it's a mob that's entire purpose is to avoid interacting with it at all.

Really not enthused about the Warden, it's a mob that's entire purpose is to avoid interacting with it at all.

Hey, that's a novel approach! It's just a question of whether or not it ends up being too easy. XD

In other news, anyone know anything about 1.18 pre-release data packs? I'm trying to get ampilified world gen that's consistently like what was in Henriks video, and it's being a real challenge. I'm currently trying to figure out how the multi-noise worldgen works, and how to modify it to suit my needs... :/

Oh, 1.18 is officially out! I've been patiently waiting for the full release so I could experience all the new features all at once, so I'm excited to explore the brand new terrain ^^.

Thought it might be fun to play Minecraft again after a several year break, but I guess not. Not if merely having the launcher and shit from the last time I bought the game just means I need to create a new Microsoft account to get the store page that wants me to buy the fucking launcher.

Thought it might be fun to play Minecraft again after a several year break, but I guess not. Not if merely having the launcher and shit from the last time I bought the game just means I need to create a new Microsoft account to get the store page that wants me to buy the fucking launcher.
I'm pretty sure you can still migrate your old Mojang account to a new or existing Microsoft account, so that you don't have to buy it twice.
This help page might be useful.

I still haven't bothered to migrate my Mojang account, and I can play minecraft fine. If the official launcher is giving you trouble, perhaps consider MultiMC? That's what I use.

Back