Winds of Change an African Decolonization Adventure by @kızıl sultan
Rush of the Storm: 1920 by @iAmJimmyHoffa

Best Alt History GSRP
Napoleonic Diodochi By @Karen

Best Character GSRP
Kingdom On Fire by @BlackBishop
A King in America by @iAmJimmyHoffa

Nominees Selected
So I have tabulated the votes and determined the list of nominees, five for each category. There was a slight hiccup in that a lot of ties occurred preventing a clear five from being chosen. Since I did not specific a tiebreak scheme going in, I will be frank in how I resolved it.

First I removed from the ties any games which were already confirmed picks for other categories. In one case this ended the tie entirely. For the other four categories still with ties, I assigned numbers to the games in the tie, and had random people in the GSRP discord pick numbers. The ones picked were made the nominees for those categories, those which were not will be included at the bottom of this post as honorable mentions (unless they were nominated for another category).

Best Completed GSRP Nominees

Kalterkrieg: Shadow of the Second Weltkrieg by @kızıl sultan
Mobile Suit Gundam Frankenreich by @Aedan777
Napoleonic Diadochi by @Karen
At the Setting of the Sun: An Evil Overlord Simulator by @Aedan777
Star Wars: It's Treason Then - A Clone Wars GSRPG by @Marix

Best Historical Start GSRP

Balance of Power: The Fifth Sun by @Pixlel
EURPG 1700 - GSRP Edition by @Cloud Strife
A Temporary Armistice: 1923 by @iAmJimmyHoffa
Winds of Change: An African Decolonization Adventure by @kızıl sultan
No Pasarán- A Spanish Civil War Game by @DanBaque

Best Alt History GSRP

Wilsonreich by @JuliusNepos
Legacy of the Weltkrieg V by @DanBaque
Legacy of the Weltkrieg II by @kızıl sultan
Rise and Fall of Civilizations by @Noco
Frankenreich: Paix Française @Aedan777

Best Sci-Fi GSRP

An Age of Burning Stars by @Hyvelic
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes by @Elvish Trickery
Star Wars -- ASHES OF THE EMPIRE by @iAmJimmyHoffa
Master of the Galaxy: Heaven´s Fall by @alexander23
Mobile Suit Gundam: Salvation Frontier by @etranger01

Best Fantasy GSRP

Cyrodiil's Interregnum by @DanBaque
Theomachy: A Dawn of Worlds, by @Fingon888
The War of the Jewels by @Fingon888
The Unseen Emperor: A Warhammer Fantasy GSRPG by @DeMarcheese
The Blacks and the Reds by @Texan

Best Two Turn Wonder GSRP

Rise and Rise Again by @etranger01
Sol is Burning: A Space Opera Civil War by @Shebe Zuu
A Changing World: A 632 Grand Grand Strategy Nation Game by @John7755 يوحنا
A New Frontier -- Space Exploration, Colonization, and Conquest by @iAmJimmyHoffa
The Sea of Stars: A Space Exploration and Conquest Game by @Fingon888

Best Character GSRP

Rogues Gallery by @Oxford
Star Wars: The Age of Triumph by @ChineseDrone
Star Wars: Ashes of the Empire II by @iAmJimmyHoffa
Star Wars: Ashes of the Empire III, by @Noco
A King in America by @iAmJimmyHoffa

Honorable Mentions

Legacy of the Weltkrieg by @kızıl sultan
Lincoln's Nightmare: The Second American Civil War (a KR game) by @Shebe Zuu
The New Order: Last Days of Europe by @Karen
The Want of Kings by @Kurtov
Heirs of Sigmar by @Maugan Ra
An Era of Shadows; Lite Game by @Dadarian
1220 B.C. - A Bronze Age Collapse GSRP by @Elvish Trickery

Now for voting on these nominees I'm still thinking over how to work that out, since a thread poll would require a thread for each category. Which is a possible direction, though I'm still considering other solutions.

Last edited:
Google Forms allows for multi-question forms and it breaks down answers. Has decent duplication protection too :V

man getting nominated is enough to make a man consider trying to start updating again
though I do admit I would have wished any of my character games could have gotten a nod at some point

man getting nominated is enough to make a man consider trying to start updating again
though I do admit I would have wished any of my character games could have gotten a nod at some point

I nominated one of your character games tho- or is that Typhon star wars gsrp not a character one?

I feel sad for Kurtov and JBO but congrats everyone!!!

I do feel there is a recency bias, which is completely normal and unavoidable TBH.

Like, take me for example: I am pretty much at least semi-retired as a NGer now, so its normal that the games I have the fondest memories off and the ones most of the current player base have the fondest memories off aren't the same.

yeah harder to get votes for a game from 5 years ago that most of the current playerbase wasn't in

I do feel there is a recency bias, which is completely normal and unavoidable TBH.

Like, take me for example: I am pretty much at least semi-retired as a NGer now, so its normal that the games I have the fondest memories off and the ones most of the current player base have the fondest memories off aren't the same.
Player base is also important. There are two more or less separate groups that mostly keep to their own games.

Ja but I still dun see JBO xD
Don't worry. To overcome recency bias I will resume preparations for Redux again.
In time for next year's awards I will be able to announce that the hiatus is still continuing. :V

Last edited:
Results
Announcing the winners of the First GSRP User Choice Awards-

Best Completed GSRP- Star Wars: It's Treason Then - A Clone Wars GSRPG by @Marix

Best Historical Start GSRP- A Temporary Armistice: 1923 by @iAmJimmyHoffa

Best Alt History GSRP- Wilsonreich by @JuliusNepos

Best Sci-Fi GSRP- An Age of Burning Stars by @Hyvelic

Best Fantasy GSRP- The Unseen Emperor: A Warhammer Fantasy GSRPG by @DeMarcheese

Best Two Turn Wonder GSRP- A tie, Sol is Burning: A Space Opera Civil War by @Shebe Zuu and The Sea of Stars: A Space Exploration and Conquest Game by @Fingon888

Best Character GSRP- Star Wars: The Age of Triumph by @ChineseDrone

Congratulations to all winners, the other final nominees, and all other games and GMs nominated. Hopefully the next year will be another good year for GSRPs.

Congratulations to all winners, yeah, and here's hoping it continues next year.

I, Retamoyoho Na Dehe, High King of the Mahuizos and King of Acoliman, am surprised that the wise advice of his majesty fell on countless deaf ears. This world truly forgot and abandoned any semblance of honour and wisdom, yet we, the Mahuizos, shall endure and fight against these schemers. All traitors shall be persecuted and may the gods have mercy on their souls. In an act of mercy, @iAmJimmyHoffa shall not share the suffering of those who dared oppose the will of the High King. A human whose work has convinced so many people to ignore the words of the great Retamoyoho Na Dehe deserves respect and they shall be offered an adequate position in the Royal Arts Academy of Acoliman. That being stated, the King would like to express his congratulations to all winners and wish everyone a happy new year!

Back