Finding Lost Fanfiction

Ao3 in spite of allowing download of stories as ebooks also allows deleting a account also deleting the works, or if you just delete the account, no longer being able to find the author other works (orphaned_account)...

Happens all the time, always extremely annoying when you depend on clicking authors in your history list to find something to read without investment.

So squidge doesn't allow for account deletion?

Ao3 in spite of allowing download of stories as ebooks also allows deleting a account also deleting the works, or if you just delete the account, no longer being able to find the author other works (orphaned_account)...

Happens all the time, always extremely annoying when you depend on clicking authors in your history list to find something to read without investment.
Yeah, I remember times I've been trawling through my bookmarks and see that a story is deleted, so I have no choice but to remove it from my bookmarks. Worst thing is that it doesn't say what the deleted story was, so often I have no idea what was lost unless I'm looking for something specific.

Also annoying are these other fics that are locked for release for a specific time period - usually for some special event. But sometimes those fics lock up again, so you can't even read it.

It's bad when they _dont_ delete their stories, just the account. What that does is dump all their stories in the placeholder Orphaned_account that is shared with all.

Meaning you can never find which stories are written by a author again even if they didn't delete them.

Agree to disagree. This could have been done in another way, namely by removing all the 'account' parts \ bio by transfering the stories to a unique but unconnected placeholder, even something like 'orphaned_account_####' would have been enough to find the other stories of a good author.

"Not being able to find the other stories by the person that wrote That One" is the entire point.

Then they can just delete 'that one', prior to deleting the account if they're so ashamed. Or the whole lot if they're in fact not ashamed but want total anomity.

Identity can be anonomized without deleting that the stories were written by the same author. It's done all the time in other contexts. AoO used the most annoying method of all where you either bookmark\place in history all the author stories or risk them suddenly being atomized. It's fucking awful, and more interestingly, it's avoidable (by bookmarking every story) too, so it's borderline useless and just busy work for the dedicated reader.

Next they'll suggest removing stories from deleted user accounts from histories and then people will really start to migrate.

Last edited:
Looking for a worm SI fic I read here long ago. It's an SI fic in worm where the guy was reincarnated there but has no rush whatsoever to do anything about what's coming. He ends up making the maneuver gear from Attack On Titans and goes around testing it in BB. He runs into Victoria and gives her the name 'Jaeger'. That's all I remember from it. DOes it ring anyone's bells?

Looking for a worm SI fic I read here long ago. It's an SI fic in worm where the guy was reincarnated there but has no rush whatsoever to do anything about what's coming. He ends up making the maneuver gear from Attack On Titans and goes around testing it in BB. He runs into Victoria and gives her the name 'Jaeger'. That's all I remember from it. DOes it ring anyone's bells?
I've read that one. I know who wrote it, so naturally his name completely slipped my mind. :facepalm:

I knew that I have followed a few of his threads before, so I checked over my watched threads list, and came up with Going Native by @Dartz. His power is that he can rewind time a few minutes. It's pretty true to the spirit of the original, which means that it is horribly depressing, but a pretty good yarn IMO.

I've been increasingly pissed off trying to find a story I read a while ago on ff. it's one of those Hermione is Voldy's daughter fics. Only thing I can think of that stands it out was that it ended up being Hermione/Pansy and McGonagall/Voldemort ship. McG was basically a honeypot spy during the first war and took that up again with the second started back up.

There's an old Knights Of The Old Republic fic I haven't been able to track down. Femme MC, into Carth. Took place after the reveal, with the MC processing her returning memories as a separate personality and having conversations. Her memory-self was baffled by her interest in Carth and had some filthy commentary about Canderous and Mandalorians in general which I remember as a recurring gag. Think it was only a few chapters?

There's an old Knights Of The Old Republic fic I haven't been able to track down. Femme MC, into Carth. Took place after the reveal, with the MC processing her returning memories as a separate personality and having conversations. Her memory-self was baffled by her interest in Carth and had some filthy commentary about Canderous and Mandalorians in general which I remember as a recurring gag. Think it was only a few chapters?
That does sound like something I've read quite some time ago. Let me check my favorites/follows.

It sounded a bit like a fic from Sarah1281, but that wasn't the case.

I think I've found it. I'm pretty sure it's "On being a Sith Lord" by DarthAmmonite, though it's just a one-shot. And if it isn't, then it's at least pretty close, so you'd might enjoy it anyway ;)

That does sound like something I've read quite some time ago. Let me check my favorites/follows.

It sounded a bit like a fic from Sarah1281, but that wasn't the case.

I think I've found it. I'm pretty sure it's "On being a Sith Lord" by DarthAmmonite, though it's just a one-shot. And if it isn't, then it's at least pretty close, so you'd might enjoy it anyway ;)
That is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a bunch!

I am looking for a code geass fanfic, it was a Peggy Sue fic where Lelouch went back in time, he recruits Mao and convinces Cornelia to defect for Euphemia's sake and they crown Euphemia empress. Anyone know anything about it?

I am looking for a code geass fanfic, it was a Peggy Sue fic where Lelouch went back in time, he recruits Mao and convinces Cornelia to defect for Euphemia's sake and they crown Euphemia empress. Anyone know anything about it?
Sounds familiar, but all of the Peggy Sue Lelouch Fics I have on my bookmarks doesn't have that last part. So if you find it please share it for it does sound interesting.

Hello everyone! I have recently been rereading some old favorite MCU fanfictions and now I cannot seem to find one of my favorites. Basically it was a Peggy Sue!Tony Fanfiction that has Tony being sent back in time by the Stones after his death to the start of the first Iron Man Movie. Yes I know plenty of similar stories out there have a similar premise, but this one actually has Pepper also going back dragging Morgan along for the ride as well. From there they easily manage to counter Stane and his men, before taking on the larger threats out there, which they know, are waiting for them. So I am asking if anyone knows which story this happens to be?

EDIT: Found it!! Had to wade through the various PeggySue!Tony Fanfictions on Ao3 but I found it! Yes! It's Glitter and Gold by InsaneSociopath. Toddles now I am off to reread it!

Last edited:
This is a bit of a longshot, but figured I might as well try here:

This would have been on FiMfiction probably around 2011 or 2012. It's one of the "human in Equestria" stories, premise was that Applejack finds a baby human in the orchard, adopts him as a little brother a few years before the events of the series, it's a major plot element about trying to hide him from Twilight when she arrives for the events that kick off the series.

This is a bit of a longshot, but figured I might as well try here:

This would have been on FiMfiction probably around 2011 or 2012. It's one of the "human in Equestria" stories, premise was that Applejack finds a baby human in the orchard, adopts him as a little brother a few years before the events of the series, it's a major plot element about trying to hide him from Twilight when she arrives for the events that kick off the series.
Was that the one that she was hiding him cause he was a alicorn?

Eenope.

Genuine omnivorous monkey, with the five-fingered hands and all.

Unless something really weird happened in the decade-plus since I last read it.
Yea id hide the kid too. It wouldn't be long until she walked into the tree house and found him being disected on Twilights kitchen table while Spike is taking notes

Is it this oneApple of Another Color

It's the closest one I could find from about 10 years ago

Last edited:
Back