Final Fantasy Mega Gaiden

Which Character Creation Format Should We Follow?

• Named Character Template (Multiversal), Class Template (Final Fantasy Only)

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Only Final Fantasy classes and named characters.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Multiversal Template, Class Template (Multiversal, from any franchise)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Characters can learn anything and do anything. (Maybe you can start with a template, or not.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmm that's interesting. Or a dragon. Why not play Bahamut?
Dragons are cool, I've roleplayed a dragon before actually. I'm not really sure where dragons would come from or what abilities they would have in this roleplay - I guess the usual Bite/Claw/Tailsweep/Fire breath and flight? Or, I read a bit of FF lore somewhere, maybe in crisis core, that suggests monsters develop magical abilities by eating materia, or by eating smaller monsters which drank water contaminated with mako, so for character growth that would lend itself to gaining abilities be eating defeated enemies or eating 'jewels' (materia fragments) like Spike the dragon in MLP eats gemstones.

Sure, firecats are cool too. Red 13's weapon never made sense to me - how would a comb possibly increase his physical damage? - but he could also be built as a mage of any type.

Dragons are cool, I've roleplayed a dragon before actually. I'm not really sure where dragons would come from or what abilities they would have in this roleplay - I guess the usual Bite/Claw/Tailsweep/Fire breath and flight? Or, I read a bit of FF lore somewhere, maybe in crisis core, that suggests monsters develop magical abilities by eating materia, or by eating smaller monsters which drank water contaminated with mako, so for character growth that would lend itself to gaining abilities be eating defeated enemies or eating 'jewels' (materia fragments) like Spike the dragon in MLP eats gemstones.

Sure, firecats are cool too. Red 13's weapon never made sense to me - how would a comb possibly increase his physical damage? - but he could also be built as a mage of any type.

Bahamut is in Human form, but you'd start out as one of the most powerful party members, and have the ability to adopt jobs too.

Bahamut is pretty gamebreaking in some settings really. Its the King of Dragons, the King of Summons, ect.

What's the powerlevel for this anyway?

Bahamut is in Human form, but you'd start out as one of the most powerful party members, and have the ability to adopt jobs too.
There are more normal in-game dragons in FF7 too. Adult dragons start at level 30 or so, but a 'teenage' dragon could be lower level. Generally it's good to start out all the party members as lower-level characters who have only a few abilities and lots of room to grow. Well, unless you want a short campaign.

Last edited:
Bahamut is pretty gamebreaking in some settings really. Its the King of Dragons, the King of Summons, ect.

What's the powerlevel for this anyway?

Highest level for a Final Fantasy game. So generally, we'll be fighting entities like Shinryu, Cosmos and Chaos, the Dissidia versions at late game.

Just one more question, what do you mean by occupation?

Highest level for a Final Fantasy game. So generally, we'll be fighting entities like Shinryu, Cosmos and Chaos, the Dissidia versions at late game.
So are you aiming for a short "endgame" campaign that's all boss fights??

As far as profession, jeweler, as in a person who crafts necklaces and stuff, seems like it could go well with a dragon. :lol

So are you aiming for a short "endgame" campaign that's all boss fights??

As far as profession, jeweler, as in a person who crafts necklaces and stuff, seems like it could go well with a dragon. :lol

I'm thinking that the characters will have to maybe progress from whatever level they can use their iconic abilities upwards. So we will be more powerful than just level 1, but start out somewhere around the mid levels. As far as "will we face a shortage of challenges?"
Not necessarily. Chaos, Shinryu and Cosmos aren't the only heavy hitters in this RP. The Creator also exists, and besides, who says that our characters are all same as they are in the proper games?

Yes. Your real life occupation or something you could pass off as. If you don't want us to know anything about you, you could just say "Librarian" or "Student" or whatever you want.

Could I put tactician? I do study strategy quite a bit. If not I'll go with student.

Jewelrymaking is one of my rl hobbies instead of profession, but I think that's close enough, since I know a lot about it.

Back