Fate/Paradiso Ultima (Fate/Grand Order Alternate World)

Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

In 2002 A.D., on the eve of the Fuyuki Grail War, a single shot was fired and history changed. In 2022 A.D., it's time for that change to come home to roost. After all, only someone whose life is unique may find paradise. So wills the Revelation.

Live. Love. Grow. Come to me, child of Man. Let Chaldea be your vessel.

Fate/Grand Order alternate tree branch.
Prologue. So Speaks the Beast

BlackHadou

Bunny-Sensei
The wind is blowing. I can hear it's gentle breath. It tickles my ears and it ruffles my hair. It reminds me that I still live, in this little garden of sin.

The wind is blowing. It whistles and it howls. It speaks of carnage and chaos. It is a gentle calm before a storm. A catastrophe that will see the collapse of all who live in the world. A curious branch of the grand tree that may well be labeled Dead Ends.

The wind is blowing. So begins the last days of this world. There is only a few years left before catastrophe begins and cannot be averted. Humanity will be bleached white and removed as the sinful creatures that they are. There will be no future left and this world, like many others, will be cut away.

Such is the role of the Seven Beasts. Soon I would act and bleach the world clean, as was my duty and my will. One day, I will find a human strong enough to resist.

But it is not today. Today was a day of rest, as so declared by the Grand Angel. The world of men came to be still, and even the restless and the driven seemed to become sedate for a time.

Such is the wallowing of man. From the birth of Gilgamesh to the finale of Jesus, humans could be said to wallow in their own pity, their stresses and their lamentations. They slowly collapsed under the weight of their choices, and finally, gave up the will to live and die. Few passed on who were ready to do so.

My eyes flickered as I caught sight of a body. A boy, darting in between people. A human body that had been abused through lack of food and nutrition. Spry muscles and flesh stretched over bones that were entirely too small. It took a moment to realise the how and the why. He was being chased. Therefore, the bread in his arms was clearly not his.

A thief. A suffering mortal. A glance with my sight told me why he had stolen the bread. A human teenager, poisoned, unable to move and ultimately dying of hunger. There was no future for either of them. If I did nothing, the Grand Orders of man would start, fail and pass everyone by without any meaning. After all, this world would be culled within twenty years regardless. It would be bleached white and falter at the close, as the Pity would be defeated and then the world would simply… pop.

The end of a world was an instantaneous, yet sinister thing. It could only be called sad. Yet…

Technically speaking, I didn't have to do a thing. This world had no future. It would follow its path and end without any interference from me. I had no need to join in, to Advent and challenge man in this time and place. This world's only hope was to provide a valid alternative world to the Pan-Human History. It could not do so in its current state.

Yet to allow it that one chance, I would have to be very cruel. Indeed, one might call such cruelty worthy of a beast. I might love humanity. I do not love humans. Not at an individual level. Humans were like ants, a dime a dozen and with little genuinely separating one from another. They were inconsequential. If they proved otherwise, there would be no need for me, after all.

I watched the boy flee. I watched him struggle. I closed my eyes.

There was no need to remain.

After all, there were many other branches. Indeed, there were other trees, if I were so desperate. There was no need to do a single thing.

Yes. There was no need at all.

But humans are impulsive, and I inherited that trait from them.

But humans are prone to acting against their interests, and I inherited that trait from them.

But humans loved to force their will upon the world, and I inherited that trait from them.

If I acted, I would create a singularity of possibility. A single life by which was unique. If I acted, by stealing these two lives, the world would push back and create something new.

And with that in mind, I lifted my hand, formed a handgun into my palm, and smiled.

"Good night, sweet child."

He did not suffer. The trigger pulled, and he died instantly. In that moment, the world changed. After all, it would have to reshuffle ever so slightly, inventing something that otherwise would not be, to accommodate the new existence.

Alas, I had made more work for myself. I would have to see to Goetia's demise, now. There was no sense letting him get in my way.

This world was mine.

All mine. After all, I loved humans. This world would get to live just a little longer in my shadow, wrapped in the cold embrace of my judgement. Then it would either disappear, or it would prove itself an alternative.

I was okay with this.

Possibilities crackled, as I closed my eyes and returned to dormancy. There was no need to experience it all, after all. I could see the past, the future, the present in equal measure. I could see the Holy Grail War in Fuyuki that I would have to interfere with. I could see the formation of the security organisation, Chaldea.

I could see it's sad collapse. After all, there would be not grand Pity to fight. Its time would come and go without nary a peep. A project proven unnecessary and therefore scuttled. A tragic ending to a play it didn't even know it was in.

And then, finally, a small light blooming. In 2022. The beginning of the end.

Ah, what a light it was. My dear little possibility.

Live. Love. Grow.

I will see you at the close.

-​

Your name is…
[ ] Write in.

You are a…
[ ] Boy
[ ] Girl

You are a member of the…
[ ] The Department of Spiritual Evocation.
[ ] The Department of Mineralogy.
[ ] The Department of Astromancy.
[ ] The Department of Modern Magecraft Theory.

You are…
[ ] Late for class! Professor El-Melloi would be furious!
[ ] Making your way to lunch. The Chaldea club was waiting.
[ ] Researching a curious mix of fox and cat. A creature from another time and place.
[ ] Committing murder. After all, this little bastard stole your thesis.
[ ] Visiting the doctor. It was time to transplant the rest of your Crest.

Chaldea's Repository
      Birthdate: June 2

Element: Fire, Wind, Ether
      Attribute: Expand, Transpose
      Department: Astromancy
      Lineage: Bacon

A girl who studies at the Clocktower and the heroine of the story. She is a member of the Chaldea Club that studies the starlit skies of Albion in search of correlation between the old world and the new world. She is descended from Roger Bacon, and also claims descent through Edward Kelley, though that claim is a bit more dubious. Quick to anger and hot tempered, her resolution to problems often involve entirely too much fire.

One day, she will become a Demi-Servant to one of Avalon le Fey, Setanta, Sitonai, Fafnir or Perseus, but that day has not come yet. She possesses a mystic code and thesis object that connects to dying worlds, but its usefulness beyond theoretics is limited.
      Birthdate: September 21

Element: Water, Earth
      Attribute: Hunt, Declare, Feast
      Department: Zoology
      Lineage: Zemlupus

A young man who boards in the same dorm as Marche and Eulyne. He's described as a timid bastard who watches everything around him, but over time he seems to have become comfortable around both Marche and Eulyne. His mouth tends towards sharp when he doesn't want to do something, though he has a huge soft spot for Marche. His thesis relates to a method of hunting monstrous beasts, but since the act of hunting beasts is no longer as useful as it once was, it is likely he will have to repeat the year. Something he takes out on Eulyne, who is in much the same boat.

He is a member of the Chaldea Club, though this seems to be more at Marche's insistance then anything else.
        Birthdate: July 25

Element: Water, Ether
        Attribute: Seal, Entwine
        Lineage: ???

A perpetually ill girl who resides in the same dorm as Kadoc and Eulyne. Her adoptive father is Dr Romani, and she is the most fervant member of the Chaldea Club. Technically speaking, she would be considered a rising star in medical magecraft, except she is not expected to make it to her 20th birthday, a fact that saddens Romani most of all. Her strongest wish is to graduate from the Clock Tower with her friends.

Best known as the mediator between Eulyne and Kadoc, she is known to end their arguments with a few direct commands, in contrast to her otherwise relatively gentle nature. She loves reading classical literature, which is probably born from her own illness. Incidentally, there is a rumour that she doesn't age, since she has been at the Clock Tower since 2015.
      • True Name: ???
        Class: Caster
        Alignment: Lawful Good
        Hidden Attributes: Man, Female, Roman?
        Height: 5'1
        Weight: 47kg

Strength: E
        Agility: B
        Constitution: D
        Magical Power: A
        Luck: C
        Noble Phantasm: B

Note: I'll do my best.
      • Class Skills
        Item Construction B-
        The ability to create magical items and potions. Description unavailable due to lack of access to SHEBA.

Territory Creation D
        A skill that allows one to build special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as an atelier or a location to gather magical energy. Description unavailable due to lack of access to SHEBA.

Personal Skills
        ??? A

??? C+

??? B
      • Noble Phantasms unknown at this time.
      Birthdate: January 6

Element: ???
      Attribute: ???
      Department: Modern Magecraft

An associate of Doctor Romani and one of the professor advisors to the Chaldea Club. A man who bills himself as reliable and kind, but has an alarming tendency to be on business when you need him most. He is said to be one of the Brands who graduated from Lord El-Melloi's classroom back in the day, though his meteoric rise was met with a just as sudden disappearance. Some think he has a sealing designation on him.

He seems fascinated with the stars within Albion, and his current research work is based on it.
      Birthdate: Unknown

Element: Water
      Attribute: Breath
      Lineage: Solomon

A doctor who researches a project at the Astromancy department under the Animusphere family. What his work actually is, is top secret, though its obvious that in return he is getting assistance for Marche. A man with an unnatural amount of talents, it seems every theory of magecraft he touches advances leaps and bounds, but only when he is interested.

He acts as the head of the Chaldea Club, though this seems to be a leftover responsibility from his days as a member of the security organisation that is now defunct. Whether through sentimentality or otherwise, he doesn't seem willing to let it die.
      Birthdate: ???

Element: ???
      Attribute: ???
      Department: Modern Magecraft

A man known also as Professor Purple. One of Lord El-Melloi's initial graduates and part-time lecturer on occassion. A man who believes in the advancement of magecraft in the modern age and will do anything to ensure it happens. He has an insatiable desire for knowledge, as shown by the familiar he keeps, a bird that forever hunts additional snippets of knowledge no matter how useless they are. He is also known as Professor Loanshark, since he can make just about anything happen for a price. Usually that price is higher then most are willing to pay.

While he has a soft spot for upcoming talent, he also intensely scrutinises those he assists. More then one student who tried to cut him and run ended up as paste against a wall. What magecraft he employs is unknown, but it is certainly cut throat.

Incidentally, there is a rumour he might actually be a Nigerian Prince, in spite of being the wrong nationality entirely. Where else does he get all that cash?

Last edited:
[X] Eulyne Mac Pell
[X] Girl
[X] The Department of Astromancy.
[X] Committing murder. After all, this little bastard stole your thesis.

As much as I like the idea of spiritual evocation for the sake of potentially summoning a Heroic Spirit, I think Astromancy might be very interesting. Being able to predict possible futures and generally messing with the stars, while possibly lacking in combat utility (not sure) seems like interesting esoteric support magecraft.

Though a version of Rin might be in Mineralogy, and Modern Magecraft Theory is liable to get us El Melloi II and his lot, who are all pretty fun.

[X] Eulyne Mac Pell
[X] Girl

I won't lie, this plan had me at the 'committing murder' part. I am all hyped up for "Fate/#Girlboss Order". :p

... Also hey, BlackHadou quest ! Now that feels nostalgic and fuzzy.

Though a version of Rin might be in Mineralogy, and Modern Magecraft Theory is liable to get us El Melloi II and his lot, who are all pretty fun.
Rin has already left the Clocktower. She's not exactly young anymore.

... Also hey, BlackHadou quest ! Now that feels nostalgic and fuzzy.
I've been planning this for the better part of a month. Let's see if that keeps me active for once, as opposed to a depressed shit.

[X] Eulyne Mac Pell
[X] Girl

Astromancy feels right considering Chaldea's origins.

Also,
Yet to allow it that one chance, I would have to be very cruel. Indeed, one might call such cruelty worthy of a beast. I might love humanity. I do not love humans. Not at an individual level. Humans were like ants, a dime a dozen and with little genuinely separating one from another. They were inconsequential. If they proved otherwise, there would be no need for me, after all.
... Merlin?
The wind is blowing. So begins the last days of this world. There is only a few years left before catastrophe begins and cannot be averted. Humanity will be bleached white and removed as the sinful creatures that they are. There will be no future left and this world, like many others, will be cut away.
Hmmm.... Maybe not. Merlin has no ability to see into the future. Though, the narrator resides in a "Garden of Sin," which does call to mind his Noble Phantasm. Well, whoever this mysterious person is, they clearly qualify for Caster considering the level of clairvoyance they have. It's definitely not Solomon, considering this takes place before the Holy War he's summoned in. Curious.

The only thing that comes to mind when I think of "Garden of Sin" is Eden from Christian mythos and-

Huh.

Kara no Kyokai is officially translated as "Garden of Sinners" in English versions.

Void Shiki? Would explain how this narrator can see everything in the past, present and future. Everything is recorded in the Root after all.

Last edited:
[X] Eulyne Mac Pell
[X] Girl
[X] Researching a curious mix of fox and cat. A creature from another time and place.

Foxes are already mixes of fox and cat, so let's add a bit more cat in there and see what we get~

If I acted, I would create a singularity of possibility. A single life by which was unique. If I acted, by stealing these two lives, the world would push back and create something new.

Did this person just kill the two Gudas?

[X] Eulyne Mac Pell
[X] Girl
[X] The Department of Modern Magecraft Theory.

I'm curious to see what they tried to come up with in this Modern World.

Last edited:
[X] Eulyne Mac Pell
[X] Girl

THAT MONSTER! WE HAVE TO KILL THIS PERSON AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Ahhh. So the thief was Pino. Seeing as how he got caught, I imagine he ended up dying anyway. The only difference is that he crawls back home after his beating to die, only to see Wodime dead, instead of saving his life with the bread he stole.

Narrator is an asshole.

Not sure I can hold killing Wodime against them though, the world was doomed to end anyway if he continued to live. But they could've spared Pino by just killing Wodime a day earlier. So, yeah. Asshole.

Dunno if Narrator is SHIKI, but I'm still fairly certain they have some sort of connection to the Root.

[X] Eulyne Mac Pell
[X] Girl

I'm amused and concerned by the fact that several people are taking the same Name+Gender I put in but then changing the department or current act without warning.

I think Beasts have some connection to things like that innately, part of the whole process of becoming such a thing.
I don't think having the knowledge of the future, past and present is inherently a part of being a Beast. Otherwise, Goetia would've foreseen his failure.

I do think you're right that this Narrator is a Beast or at least a Beast Candidate though.
Indeed, one might call such cruelty worthy of a beast.
Things make way too much sense when you start viewing their actions through that particular lens.
Such is the role of the Seven Beasts. Soon I would act and bleach the world clean, as was my duty and my will. One day, I will find a human strong enough to resist.
Also, I somehow missed this. Stupid me. XD

Crackpot Theory: Narrator is what Fou/Cath Palug would've turned into had Merlin not kicked him out of his tower. He would've imitated Merlin due to his position as the Beast of Comparison, taken on a humanoid appearance and retained a love for Humanity, but not for individual humans. Also, this means that Fou would've become a better mage than Merlin, which would be the ultimate "fuck you" to him. XD

I'm amused and concerned by the fact that several people are taking the same Name+Gender I put in but then changing the department or current act without warning.
Names are hard, and the one you picked is a good one :D

[X] Eulyne Mac Pell
[X] Girl
[X] The Department of Spiritual Evocation.

Academics, am I right?

[X] Eulyne Mac Pell
[X] Girl

Hmm, I've got too many oddball theories on the nature of the Beast in question to really focus on any one in particular. My initial reaction was to hyper-focus on "Revelation" and think Beast VI but I think a better supported theory would be Daji because Collapse is explicitly called out and noted as the cause of the end in the current branch, being undefeated and the term repeats a few times throughout. OTOH, that could be an observation made by the narrating Beast in much the same way they note Goetia's future. The talk about love of humans definitely evokes feelings of Merlin as has been brought up though... Maybe split the difference here and say Proto Merlin?

Last edited:
i have no quarrel with the name, and the astromancy department's to satisfy my nosiness about what the marisburys are up to. is olga marie still on the outs? and then fou! cute & inexplicable.

[X] Eulyne Mac Pell
[X] Girl
[X] Researching a curious mix of fox and cat. A creature from another time and place.

is approval voting in place? because i also like the sound of these options:
[ ] Making your way to lunch. The Chaldea club was waiting.
[ ] Visiting the doctor. It was time to transplant the rest of your Crest.

squinting at the murder option since i like a girl making enemies, but i usually mean the rival type, not the blood feud type.

the update itself: damn, the narrator's stone cold. was there really a need to shoot pino as the method to take down wodime? i don't think so!! not sure who they are; my mind keeps flitting to kama, but i don't think that's right.

a+++ use of the hovertext(?), reminds me of those crpg style descriptions. the aside about the grand angel makes a lot of sense as worldbuilding. pity, meanwhile, i always get confused about how widespread the incineration was meant to propagate, but from what it says here, it seems like the plan only needed to succeed once to affect other branches? so-- the rest here's speculation-- he could make super convoluted schemes, trusting that at least one branch out there would yield success. but the specific way solomon countered goetia meant that the plan could never get beyond that point. that's where the plan's finickiness bites goetia hard, since he only got that far in that one branch & doesn't have any alternatives to fall back on.

[X] Sorrel Vasylon Lagrange
[X] Boy.

If only I hadn't slept in. Oh well.

[X] Eulyne Mac Pell
[X] Girl

How dare they think to steal our thesis?! That more important than a mages life! It's only right we kill the cretin and take it back.

… And perhaps some of their other things. They must certainly have some nice tools and it's not like they'll need them where they're going.

Fair is fair.

[X] Eulyne Mac Pell
[X] Girl

Today, I choose violence.

Back