You forget, Joebob.
Busting out excessive bullshit just invites people to bust out counterbullshit.
He's really more an annoyance than a threat. Effectively has the magical hats thing going on constantly. And indeed, it will lead to glorious bullshitting once the nature of his Stand is revealed.

Isn't a Yugioh deck 40 cards?
What about the rest, since I don't think anyone's submitted 40 characters?

Isn't a Yugioh deck 40 cards?
What about the rest, since I don't think anyone's submitted 40 characters?

Duplicate Monsters. You can have up to three of one card in your deck.

Also, Trap/Spell cards based on things you did/were planning on doing/Mystic Codes and Noble Phantasms. You're gonna wanna have a few of those.

I regret that I haven't submitted more Arthurian Servants in the past because of how suited they'd be to the setting. Well, I actually did, but most of them were in the early days when my sense of balance was shit, except a few.

Edit: Speaking of Arthurian Servants, Bunny would probably be able to assemble the KoR here.

Last edited:
I regret that I haven't submitted more Arthurian Servants in the past because of how suited they'd be to the setting. Well, I actually did, but most of them were in the early days when my sense of balance was shit, except a few.

Edit: Speaking of Arthurian Servants, Bunny would probably be able to assemble the KoR here.

As I said in a Convo, if you have a Servant you aren't proud of, feel free to discard the details as long as you keep to the theme.

Like, let's say you previously made a Lilith sheet that made evil clones of people, and decided to change it to just corrupting people with their darkest desires. That'd be fine as far as I'm concerned.

Wait, are we making a Servant sheet and a deck?

Do you have an example of a character sheet?

I don't really care too much template-wise, as long as you have personality and backstory an-

Oh shit I forgot to mention Aspects and Destiny Draw in the OP

Uh

Stay tuned for a GM Post later today when all this moving stuff is done and I can access my laptop

I don't really care too much template-wise, as long as you have personality and backstory an-

Uh

Stay tuned for a GM Post later today when all this moving stuff is done and I can access my laptop
Crazy idea, maybe you should post an example of a character sheet featuring Hyuman Doo-List, a Korean martial artist turned magus turned professional player of children's card games.

I'm not writing your character for you from a phone

Or at all

Do it yourself
I'm just going to list a series of things related to this character that I'll need a Yes or No on, okay?

Bagpipes, assault rifles, duct tape, C4, amazing computer skills, secretly a demigod, basically Bruce Lee from North Korea, did a charity stint at Detroit, frequently hides nonsense with invisitext, twin sister is an Asian Seibaface with black hair, just got over a severe meth addiction and could relapse at any moment, throws cards like they're shuriken, speaks in an incredibly racist way, may or may not have Triad ties, plays high stakes Candy Land on weekends with mental ward patients in order to serve his parole, totally NOT a terrorist.

Please remember, this is incredibly important. :V

Hmm.

I do believe I have some PMs to sort through.

Edit: And can Trap cards also be meta references to tropes that developed over the long and storied history of Grail Wars on SV? :V

Last edited:
So how exactly are we supposed to make to supposed to make these cards? Do we just send you old sheets in a pm? Also, will the entire deck be made up of unique cards or will it be a mix of generic and unique cards?
You can send in sheets, but so long as we get the gist of what the submissions were / did in connection to the card, then we're golden

Hopefully unique for the most part, though we'll see about some custom "generic" cards that still pertain to the Grail War RPs; probably no regular Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards tho unless you played as one / submitted a Yu-Gi-Oh! Character
Important question: Seeing how I suck at YGO and know nothing about it, can I be Sir "I have nothing to do with this I just went out fishing and got lost" the confused narrator?
Duellist Kingdom rules. Relies on dramatics and making shit up.
I literally know none of the rules and have never played a game of it in my life. That level of unfamiliarity.
BASIC RULES said:
Turn cycles: Draw Phase => Standby Phase => Main Phase => Battle Phase => Main Phase 2 => End Phase; One Monster can be Normal Summoned or Set per turn during a Main Phase (if you don't / can't Attack then you skip the Battle Phase and Main Phase 2); Monsters have ATK and DEF points for battle (targeting the opponents Monsters first), and can be in ATK or DEF Position for combat; Hand Size starts at 5, Max is Seven; Most Spell Cards are played from your hand, while Trap Cards can't be activated the turn their Set but can activate on the opponent's turn. Goal is to reduce the enemy's Life Points to Zero, or not draw out your deck first depending.
That sounds about right for the most basic of basics; Feel free to PM Mort and I questions about stuff rule-wise, but admittedly the aspect of cheating involved might make it a bit tricky; still would love to have ya
Will those be the only DK rules carried over to this RP or are the rest (no direct attack, you take damage when monsters are destroyed by an effect) also going to be used ?
Direct attacks might not be in, but the extra damage definitely isn't.
Well I can assemble a hilarious deck from my four or so servants and two Masters. Can I use Quixote multiple times since he made it into two RPs? Meanwhile I just have Illya and Ulysses for Master type cards. They're probably going to end up as polar opposites in effects. Illya is fairly weak but has some effects geared towards making Servants even stronger. Ulysses is annoying to kill and a decent combatant by Master standards but his effect weakens Servants summoned by him. Assassin and Lancer are going to be interesting to convert, and Ulysses' Stand is going to be hilarious to use by Duelist Kingdom rules. Like makes Castle of Dark Illusion look simple levels of silliness.
Oh right, I also have Robert Cervantes from Arkanians dream world thing. Who will be even more of a weird Master/
You forget, Joebob.
Busting out excessive bullshit just invites people to bust out counterbullshit.
He's really more an annoyance than a threat. Effectively has the magical hats thing going on constantly. And indeed, it will lead to glorious bullshitting once the nature of his Stand is revealed.
Max is 3 copies per card; if you'll be that strapped for material then sure, though hopefully the sheet isn't literally the same.

Ultimately ya gotta send 'em and we'll see
Hmm.

I do believe I have some PMs to sort through.

Edit: And can Trap cards also be meta references to tropes that developed over the long and storied history of Grail Wars on SV? :V
Generally it's preferred that you're involved in 'em, but if they're legitimately widespread then we'll definitely come to a decision on 'em and see about spreading them to other people if they wish to utilize them as well

Uh

Ah right, we did totally forget that. Well, let's see who gets to it first I guess

Last edited:
Generally it's preferred that you're involved in 'em, but if they're legitimately widespread then we'll definitely come to a decision on 'em and see about spreading them to other people if they wish to utilize them as wel
Cool.

Now we just need Miraclegrow to join so I can steal their Servants. :V

Well, I've been unable to access a computer today, so I'll explain what I forgot from my phone.

Anyone remember back when we tried to mke Grail War RP's not be freeform, and used the Fate system?

Yes, shudder at the memory of when everyone had a bazillions skills because they would give themselves a token weapon skill and then stack on both Eyes of the Mind and Instinct if they were being conservative.

Now, remember the whole Aspects thing? Accept a Compel, get a Fate point? Something like that is being done here.

So, when you send your character, include some Aspects to Compel. These no longer cost a Fate Point to resist, but instead of using them for some form of benefit, you can use them to cheat harder in card games.

Have a card without a luck based effect? Burn a Fate Point, get the result you want, unless your opponent does the same to counter you.

More importantly, you can use a Fate Point to Destiny Draw, where you believe in the heart of the cards and it rewards you with a the exact card you needed, even if it was at the bottom of your deck before you drew.

The details are still being worked out, but there would be limit on how many Fate Points you can use in one Duel, and you might be able to earn some outside of Compels by other means. Hasn't been decided yet, but I'm considering entertaining characters, accepting your opponents 'Zombies are immortal' logic and maybe winning games to be ways of earning more.

tl;dr: Make things entertaining and you get rewarded.

Well, I've been unable to access a computer today, so I'll explain what I forgot from my phone.

Anyone remember back when we tried to mke Grail War RP's not be freeform, and used the Fate system?

Yes, shudder at the memory of when everyone had a bazillions skills because they would give themselves a token weapon skill and then stack on both Eyes of the Mind and Instinct if they were being conservative.
Right, that was before my time — during my final year-long slumber...

For shame that I missed the chance to have been at the beginning, but that I finished college is probably the better outcome CX

Hmmm. Characters I have played in Grail War RPs...

Billy Cash: "Mercenary of Justice"
Billy Cash: "Beloved By the Blood Witch"
Joline Cash: "Steel Magnolia"
Joline Cash: "Queen of the Pack"
Dan Cash: "Driven Wanderer"
Caster: "The Sundered Soul"
Lancer: "The Truest Gentleman"
Lancer: "The Hound of God"
Rider: "Hell's Horseman"
Assassin: "The Heroine's Student"
Archer: " The Beautiful Beast"
Saber: "The Queen's Knight"