Fake It Till You Make It (The Magical Girl is Really a Witch?!)

With magical mascots you can never really tell whether they're cloud cuckoolander oddballs or cynical manipulators...at least until they inform you, quite possibly just a few moments after it's too late.
I know you meant the reveal of a manipulative side, but now I'm just imagining like, a magical girl and her mascot watching in horror as the town burns down or something, and the mascot confessing that "I'm sorry, I'm an idiot! I pretended to have all this arcane knowledge and like I was all mysterious, but I really just fell into having these magic items to hand out by accident! After you let me bum around your house for free, it felt too awkward to admit I don't actually know who you're fighting or how any of this stuff works!"

I know you meant the reveal of a manipulative side, but now I'm just imagining like, a magical girl and her mascot watching in horror as the town burns down or something, and the mascot confessing that "I'm sorry, I'm an idiot! I pretended to have all this arcane knowledge and like I was all mysterious, but I really just fell into having these magic items to hand out by accident! After you let me bum around your house for free, it felt too awkward to admit I don't actually know who you're fighting or how any of this stuff works!"
I mean, it's typical manipulator, just with more personal ambitions and less global conflict

Well thanks, now I desperately want to read this story. :lol:

Well, if Hecate ever summons 5 void beasts in one turn, it'll be your time to shine!

She specifically told Novus she's not a Gemstone Guardian. Not sure if Novus is covering for her, or if he thinks she's wrong.
Yeah, but Novus could just not have heard or just thinks she's lying or something. I doubt she isn't but it would be funny though.

She specifically told Novus she's not a Gemstone Guardian. Not sure if Novus is covering for her, or if he thinks she's wrong.
It all depends on how someone becomes a Gemstone Guardian, maybe they are all just discovered by the mascot, and she really is one, but didn't get given her magical change gem artifact, because Novus somehow thought she already had it? Or maybe you are one because Novus says so, and the magic is just a side thing?

It all depends on how someone becomes a Gemstone Guardian, maybe they are all just discovered by the mascot, and she really is one, but didn't get given her magical change gem artifact, because Novus somehow thought she already had it? Or maybe you are one because Novus says so, and the magic is just a side thing?
Maybe you need to make a pact with an eldritch entity beyond human comprehension?

I'm loving the pace and humor. It really reminds me of a Saturday morning cartoon show or something.

Love the premise of this, and already SO many complications are being introduced to this masquerade, excited to see where it goes.

Is this still being worked on? I'm sorry if I am being impatient, btw.
Edit: It sadly appears to be dropped, although I still could be wrong.
Edit 2: It's almost definitely dropped, yep. Sad cause I really liked the premise, too.

Last edited:
Is this still being worked on? I'm sorry if I am being impatient, btw.
Edit: It sadly appears to be dropped, although I still could be wrong.
Edit 2: It's almost definitely dropped, yep. Sad cause I really liked the premise, too.
it's only been nine months or so, I've dealt with much longer wait/update times so I'm watching for threadmarks.

Back