[Exalted] The Last Daughter -- Dragon-Blooded Sorcery School Quest

Voting is open for the next 1 hour, 43 minutes
So ghosts can only be seen through their reflection in a mirror?

[X] Accept Maia's oath
Eh, sort of? More like, the most accessible charm for a dragonblood to get to perceive spirits has that limitation. Other exalt types have different methods of achieving this outcome.

Also:

[X] Accept Maia's oath

I'm a sucker for the romance and drama of this

Yeah, as with almost all votes regarding Maia, I'm abstaining. Just going to say, if I was a hormonal teenager in love, I'd certainly say yes, but that's like, well duh.

As a twenty five years years old, somewhat, maybe, mature person, I'd say this has a not insignificant chance to end in flames and explosions.

[X] Accept Maia's oath

The empire is going down in flames, the empresses opinion will only be relevant for another year or two, and I place little stock in Ambreas ability to found her own house in the coming chaos so fuck all that noise; let's go off the reservation.

This is of course entirely OOC of me. But IC let's be the most teenager we can be!

As a twenty five years years old, somewhat, maybe, mature person, I'd say this has a not insignificant chance to end in flames and explosions.
I'm 46.

To me, both options look like they can end in tears and blood.

Reject (if it does) seems likely to do so much faster.

[X] Accept Maia's oath.

Yeah, as with almost all votes regarding Maia, I'm abstaining. Just going to say, if I was a hormonal teenager in love, I'd certainly say yes, but that's like, well duh.

I agree it's a bad idea, and I'm a little annoyed with Maia for caving to her doubts and offering it out of desperation, but perhaps it's less bad than rejecting the offer and opening a festering wound between the two, particularly when Maia is one of the two things between Iselsi assassins and Ambraea, and the other thing is a little over a year from disappearing forever.

To be honest I sort of hope to add either Amiti or Sola to the hearth by graduation. Not sure we'll manage more than a single addition however. It's hard to pick, because while House Tepet is certain to suffer hard times with whats to come, Amiti by her necromantic nature is likely to see herself ostracized.

[X] Accept Maia's oath

I was hesitant to vote here, but then I realized that if I was playing this at a table, I would act rashly and agree instantly, so... yeah.

[X] Accept Maia's oath

There's no way this won't go wrong

To me, both options look like they can end in tears and blood.

Being real here, of the three "problem roommate" options (Amiti, Deizil, and Maia), Maia was kind of deliberately both the most seemingly innocuous to Ambraea, and in actuality the most problematic for her long term.

Amiti is in all ways kind of a mixed bag, but she does better with friends to look out for her and give her a good shake periodically. Deizil is incurably abrasive and a sketchy outsider to Dynastic life, but also highly talented and would have made for a really loyal friend/ally once Ambraea stopped finding him reflexively offensive.

Maia, meanwhile, was born and raised in a secret assassin death cult. Fucks you up, a bit.

You don't say.

I mean, honestly, I feel like Maia is a fairly standard Exalted protagonist.

But yeah, Maia is a standard Exalted protagonist with a shopping list of psychological, familial and political problems that usually entails.

I mean, honestly, I feel like Maia is a fairly standard Exalted protagonist.
If Maia had realised that her family is bad, actually, and were a renegade Iselsi on the run or wrestling with the evils of her family, she'd be a pretty standard Exalted protagonist, or at least pretty similar to NPCs like Sesus Rafara.

As is, she'd be a pretty decent antagonist in other circumstances. If you hadn't voted to befriend her, I'd have introduced Nalri a lot sooner and Maia would have been her deceptively harmless seeming lackey.

Amiti is in all ways kind of a mixed bag, but she does better with friends to look out for her and give her a good shake periodically. Deizil is incurably abrasive and a sketchy outsider to Dynastic life, but also highly talented and would have made for a really loyal friend/ally once Ambraea stopped finding him reflexively offensive.

Maia, meanwhile, was born and raised in a secret assassin death cult. Fucks you up, a bit.
Lol. Thats amusing, and it makes the addition of another dragon blood to the Hearth Oath even more complex. Does Ambraea collect the other problem child in her friend group so she can keep an eye on both of them? Or should she seek out Sola as a more stabilizing element. I'm looking forward to year 5 storyline, and leaning toward the known Sola option.
As is, she'd be a pretty decent antagonist in other circumstances. If you hadn't voted to befriend her, I'd have introduced Nalri a lot sooner and Maia would have been her deceptively harmless seeming lackey.
Drat. That actually sounds rather fun, and especially dramatic depending on who replaces Maia as our roommate.

[X] Accept Maia's oath

This is mostly just a question of which set of problems we want, so I'll take the one that includes having another friend/lover/political ally, whatever she ends up as. Hitching our wagons to making the Empress happy is shortly going to be a losing proposition, after all.

Anyway, Maia seems to be doing the best thing she can think of to do when she's distraught and not thinking clearly. It just seems like her intentions are worth acknowledgement.

I don't have any real doubt that we'll still swear Hearth with Maia soon enough.
I have absolutely no confidence that rejecting Maia's oath here wouldn't actually have real long-term consequences for our relationship with her. It would be pretty weird if a momentous choice like this only had one option that would actually make a difference IMO.

[X] Accept Maia's oath

Voting is open for the next 1 hour, 43 minutes
Back