[Endbringer Quest II] Birth of Beasts. (Thread 2)

veekie said:
With a clear head now:
Skript - MAIN FACTOR
Rogue Tinker
Apparently idealistic, unlikely to be a cultist
Not a very stable individual, prone to overwork and obsession(Sphere/Mannequin's recipe basically)
Knows how Bacchanals work
The basis of the research
May be able to:
-Turn endbringer physiology against the endbringer
-Counter, control, slow or negate the mutations(possibly with her own device reading and broadcasting a canceling signal)
-Create Bacchanal-like mutations on her own
Needs to go mad.
Suggested courses of action: Devour or spare
Yeah we need to drive her into insanity, best possible method I can think of is consuming her at one point. Probably after we've killed Kade, then we fight for a little bit and allow the hero's to strike our antenna chipping it a little bit. We then grab a nearby mover which we devour while spitting her out and begin to 'flee' towards the forest.

[X] Begin the advance.- - By Rending Motion tunneling to our prey. After all, we can have our fun afterwards.

Xicree said:
I'll spare you a bit of headache by saying that there is nothing confirmed about Chip, other than the fact that he confirmed at the end that he was outside and looking up into the cracked sky. Which is visible for many miles away.
So I take it the Mysterious Voices talking at the end aren't named characters at present?

The last wolf said:
I am reasonably certain that consuming is lethal.
I think we could spit them out alive?

Beatback was killed because we hunted his shard, and then in modifying our body to install the new shard's features, crushed him to a paste.
If we read them for data I think they'd survive.
Maybe.
If we spit them out before leaving they'd usually survive.

GM ALERT
Consume and survival of the victim, how does it work?

veekie said:
I think we could spit them out alive?

Beatback was killed because we hunted his shard, and then in modifying our body to install the new shard's features, crushed him to a paste.
If we read them for data I think they'd survive.
Maybe.
If we spit them out before leaving they'd usually survive.

GM ALERT
Consume and survival of the victim, how does it work?
Pretty much this. Beatback died cause you nolonger cared to keep him alive and thus made structural changes that didn't care about him being there.

They are basically provided, much the same way mass is provided to the mutants during RiTaC.

Alright, so tentatively we want to devour Skript to take home and study, then bring back, whole in body but not mind.

veekie said:
Alright, so tentatively we want to devour Skript to take home and study, then bring back, whole in body but not mind.
Well ideally I want to leave skript almost broken (emotionally at least) with everything in ruins, Kade devoured (he has the code already so we can use that) and the shard of antenna in front of her with whoever the cultist is as her only emotional anchor

Updated with all that.

Skript/Andy - MAIN FACTOR
Rogue Tinker
Tech called Rosetta, implied to be able to communicate with biological systems in a similar manner to Bakhos' antennae.
Apparently idealistic, unlikely to be a cultist
Not a very stable individual, prone to overwork and obsession(Sphere/Mannequin's recipe basically)
Knows how Bacchanals work
The basis of the research
May be able to:
-Turn endbringer physiology against the endbringer
-Counter, control, slow or negate the mutations(possibly with her own device reading and broadcasting a canceling signal)
-Create Bacchanal-like mutations on her own
Needs to go mad.
Suggested courses of action: Devour or spare

Fae
Rogue Trump(Tattoo Empowerment)
Caring for Skript.
Apparently deals with the group's communications, particularly with the PRT and other members.
Possible spy for endbringer cultists. Possibly nothing at all.
Fae was the last person supposed to be making contact with Chip.
Suggested course of action: Spare.

Kade/Bios - CRITICAL FACTOR
Rogue Thinker
Motivation unknown
Close relationship with Skript(possible lover?)
May be able to continue the research without Skript.
Necessary for full gains of research. Research crippled without Kade
Suggested course of action: Devour or kill

Chip/Clip
Rogue Breaker(subclassification Stranger)
DANGEROUS LIKE CLOCKBLOCKER
Able to skip intervening scenes between beginning and completing actions for self and others
Instrumental in any Tinker device deployment.
Suggested course of action: Spare

Marlene
PRT, likely non-parahuman
Fae's PRT Contact
Possible Endbringer cultist infiltrator.
Suggested course of action: Spare. Being a normal human, we should probably avoid moving RiTaC close to her position too quickly.

Mysterious Voice
Endbringer Cultist
Not a named character.
Was talking to a named character with the speech pattern
Secret Cultist said:
"Good... look this has to be short. But we cracked the Bakkhos mutations... and... there might be some merit to letting us keep on moving. Control might be possible."
Skript said:
"And if I'm right I'll know how the Endbringer builds itself… and from that I can figure out how to tell it to hurt itself as well."
Large number of pauses, somewhat excitable.
Fae said:
"Kade's coming soon, don't forget. I can't believe you've been number crunching the entire night without him."
Motherly
Kade said:
"Shit... ok you've got some interesting proposals here, but I don't know which of them will be feasible. I'm running it through the paces but you've got some good information and it's not running into any major bugs or errors... Fuck it blonde, You're a fucking jewel."
Lots of swearing when excited
Chip said:
"HOLY SHIT GUYS!!!" Another male voice broke the ensuing silence as the frozen fearful atmosphere broke. "The Sky, the fucking SKY'S CRACKED OPEN... Bakkhos is here!"
Insufficient normal conversation data.

Bakhos' crown
Suggested course of action: Do not provide a sample until we can be sure the right people will be working with it.

The Forest
Needed as a hive of Bacchannals to supply more combat power
Useful to inspire cultists
Suggested course of action: Mutate before strong heroes arrive and make us fight defensively.

Xicree said:
Hmm... kinda light on voters... well comparatively. Less active than usual.
Might also be uncertainty over Best Plan, with the confusion going on.

I'm doing my part to keep track and peel this onion though!
It's less confusing than it looks on the surface for this choice, we just need a huge distraction so we can work without having every single high power cape in the USA coming on our head instead of being forced to expend their efforts in Bacchanal containment.

veekie said:
Fair enough. I don't want to be giving you the same mission twice in a row, and i want to see people really try to tease apart the information as I give it.

As a freebie and because I meant for this part to be a bit longer... I'll drop a bit of extra information here for you.

Skript (Andy) - Tinker, has a device called 'Rosetta' and has been shown to be competent with 'code'. Infact she noted that the 'Code' for a typical Bacchanalia 'made no sense.
And I think I've managed to back track some of the major commonalities... though half of the Bacchanalia code makes no sense in context to itself, it's like there are a hundred different life processes all competing to be the one expressed, in ten thousand different languages. All within a singular platform that shouldn't be able to support the language variance... but then I looked at the bits I got from the analysis of that piece... and suddenly everything fits together.
Bios (Kade) - Thinker. Noted by Skript that she 'needed his brain'. And that he was running simulations and programs for her...

Fae - Meant to include it, but its safe to tell you that her power is basically tattoo empowerment, details will come as i post more.

Chip - His cape name is Clip. Has the ability to not exist for a period of time between deciding to make and action and carrying said action out, and can do the same to anyone else in his region of effect. He didn't hear Bakkhos roar because he was 'Skipping' to the house and it still takes the same amount of time for him to skip to an action as it does for him to perform an action normally... from an external point of view. He also appears to 'clip' between actions when normally observed, it seems a power he needs to turn off actively.

veekie said:
Fair enough. I don't want to be giving you the same mission twice in a row, and i want to see people really try to tease apart the information as I give it.

As a freebie and because I meant for this part to be a bit longer... I'll drop a bit of extra information here for you.

Skript (Andy) - Tinker, has a device called 'Rosetta' and has been shown to be competent with 'code'. Infact she noted that the 'Code' for a typical Bacchanalia 'made no sense.
And I think I've managed to back track some of the major commonalities... though half of the Bacchanalia code makes no sense in context to itself, it's like there are a hundred different life processes all competing to be the one expressed, in ten thousand different languages. All within a singular platform that shouldn't be able to support the language variance... but then I looked at the bits I got from the analysis of that piece... and suddenly everything fits together.
Bios (Kade) - Thinker. Noted by Skript that she 'needed his brain'. And that he was running simulations and programs for her...

Fae - Meant to include it, but its safe to tell you that her power is basically tattoo empowerment, details will come as i post more.

Chip - His cape name is Clip. Has the ability to not exist for a period of time between deciding to make and action and carrying said action out, and can do the same to anyone else in his region of effect. He didn't hear Bakkhos roar because he was 'Skipping' to the house and it still takes the same amount of time for him to skip to an action as it does for him to perform an action normally... from an external point of view. He also appears to 'clip' between actions when normally observed, it seems a power he needs to turn off actively.

Hmm... Looking at that arrangement I'd say kill Kade, eat Clip leave Fae and Skript alive. I'd say Skript has something along the lines of understanding languages or codes which he munchkined by applying to proteins, DNA, and similar in order to get near perfect understanding of biology. An interesting possible application of that interpratation of Skript's shard to me is to give us the ability to communicate with humans verbally. Also could probably be used to improve RITAC.
Clip's on the other hand should give us some very nice mover/stranger abilities especially if the lag time is purely shard imposed. My only concern is that it might interrupt the RITAC broadcast. Possible solution for that is to make an upgrade that lets us make broadcast towers for RITAC. If they act at say 0.1 Bakhoses of strength but can maintain signal past when we leave, have similar radii and can at least maintain the impossible creations that forces them to go after secondary targets during and after the rampage. Admittedly we'd probably need a Tinker or Shaker shard to make them work but it could be a nice thing to invest in. Back to Clip's ability if we can skip the movement between attacks it can make us bullshit hax even more so than before. Suddenly we are only there moments before our strike connects to our chosen target if we get serious fighting anyone. We may well be able to combine the brokenness of teleporters with the brokenness of most stranger powers in one great package.

Edited all that into the last info collection.
Xicree said:
And we get to see how they're going to take a sample. Clip Bakkhos out, set an attack to intersect with our horn's future location and when we pop back in we don't have time to react. If we're doing anything with RiTaC we'd best do it before the capes arrive on site. This is a Clockblocker/Grey Boy Lite effect there.
A Code of Life thing I suspect. Some kind of logic underlying biological programming, containing DNA and any alien variations they may work with.

noahgab1133 said:
cant we just make everyone go insane in the city?
Unfortunately, we are not Simurgh, and could only indirectly cause insanity.

These are the possible outcomes:
-Endbringer counter-formula devised [- Happens if the Cultist members are killed, Kade and Skript having access to a fragment of our crown.
-Dead End <- Happens if both Kade and Skript are dead. We lose out on the opportunity, but if it turns out we killed the wrong guys this is the best way to avoid the counter-formula and get a D result instead of an F result. Lesser version if only one of them is dead.
-Bacchanalia in control of maniacs <- Happens if Skript and/or Kade are insane. Skript is the easy one here, she's the one with the technology, and her speech/behavior are somewhat unstable. Wouldn't take a lot of stress to Sphere here. All the non-cultist influences should be dead or insane. The B outcome, the cultists would do our work for us.
-Bacchanalia in control of the sane <- Happens if Skript and Kade are sane, but are denied a sample of our antenna. Give them enough monster samples and they'd get there. Causes worldwide conflict as people fight over the control and spread of monsters, accusations of letting it happen, etc. The C outcome.
-Mad Cultists with the power to birth monsters <- The PERFECT outcome, it takes a sample of our antennae, Kade and Skript alive and insane, with all the technology in cultist hands.

Safest is probably to shoot for a B or C outcome. The A outcome is just as likely to end in an F outcome. So we need to deny them access to our horn entirely unless we're absolutely confidant.
</blockquote]

Fae reminds Skript of her lover right? Tearing Fae apart before her eyes might be a good way to drive her mad, that or twist her resolve into an obsessed hate like Bone-Wraith which might still work in our favor.

Yeah, snagging Skript is probably a good idea if she's anywhere within range, if for no other reason than that she can't survive long within our primary combat zone.

I'm bored, and seeing as how I originally posted it in this thread, I felt like making a sort-of Part 2 here as well.. Don't kill me?

"Doctor Anta?"

"Ah, yes, my patient. Mr. Protagonist, was it?"

"Yes."

"I see. Let us begin... it says here you've never had any sort of sicknesses before. Does this exclude colds and other illnesses?"

"No, sir."

"Really? Hmm.. interesting.." *jots something down on notepad*

SBer 1: "This is fucking boring. Can we kill something?"
SBer 2: "No. Now shut up, I'm trying to watch."
SBer 1: "Mnnngghhh..."

"-o I think it would be for the best if... Ah. Mr. Protagonist? Are you quite alright?"

"Uh.. Yes sir. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'm perfectly alright. I think."

"If you're sure. As I was saying before, I believe it might be best if-"

GM: [X] 1. "...if you take the white medicine."
[X] 2. "...if you take the red medicine."
[X] 3. "...if you go home and rest."
[X] Write-in.

SBer 1: Fucking finally. I pick [X] 3. Doctors can go die, IMO!
SBer 2: GM, does the medicine do anything special?
GM: Maybe, maybe not. You'll just have to find out~ : )
SBer 2: Okay. In that case, [X] 2. I like red.
SBer 3: Cryptic ass GM's. I vote [X] "...if I kill you and take your magical powers for my own."
SBer 4: [X] "...if I kill you and take your magical powers for my own."
SBer 1: Sweet. Something interesting! [X] "...if I kill you and take your magical powers for my own."
SBer 5: [X] Bandwagon.
SBer 6: That sounds hilarious. Put me down for that?
SBer 2: .. How the fuck did this get derailed already? Jesus Christ, guys.

GM: *sobbing hysterically in the corner.*

"Dr. Anta? I don't think you can help me after all."

"..? What do you mean?"

Protagonist: "Sir, I don't need a doctor. I need a fucking hospital."

Back