Drifter Adrift [X-Men/MCU][Psyren!SI]

Still it's probably just so he doesn't completely derail Canon. It couldn't be Emma because Emma wouldn't be asking about his powers and everything else if she could see his memories and block a big part of them (more people nowadays know about Marvel than not)
Emma would actually use the knowledge if she had seen it.

And yeah that part sounds like an artificial block was placed on his memories that he doesn't even know the word Marvel. A person knowing DC comics but not Marvel is an impossibility unless you come from a world where it doesn't exist.

That's...clearly some sort of mental block.

I will confirm that yes, Adam does have some kind of mental block, preventing his knowledge of the Marvel Universe. I will not confirm the extent of this mental block, nor who - or what - put it in place.
Still it's probably just so he doesn't completely derail Canon.

In part, though I believe it's a little late to hope for the preservation of canon, haha.

Mainly, it's because I was never a fan of stories that had the SI immediately reveal their meta-knowledge - in fact, I prefer ones where they don't have it, at least at first, because I think it makes for a more interesting story. The SI isn't so locked into the, 'if I change things, my knowledge will become useless.' It's part of why I like WTR.

EDIT: Sidenote, lemme know if you guys prefer the shorter or longer chapters. I don't mind, particularly, since it ultimately amounts to the same content coming out over the same period, but... I dunno. What do you think?

The question of shorter or longer updates ultimately depends on what you feel more comfortable writing.
It's not unheard of for authors to suffer burnout after trying to force themselves to write longer updates, but at the same time others have out themseleves off of writing after trying to force themselves to write short updates.

Mainly, it's because I was never a fan of stories that had the SI immediately reveal their meta-knowledge - in fact, I prefer ones where they don't have it, at least at first, because I think it makes for a more interesting story. The SI isn't so locked into the, 'if I change things, my knowledge will become useless.' It's part of why I like WTR.
Ah, but WTR is good in part because (even if he doesn't reveal the source) he does have and use his metaknowledge. The only metaknowledge he lacks is of the exact universe he's in, so things aren't too easy.

In this case, you could do the same, have him retain what marvel knowledge he has except for stuff from the MCU. So he'll have interesting bits of knowledge, but nothing specific to the verse.

Well...it's a little late now. Granted, if you have him get past the mental block, that could be where you set the limit.

I like getting an update a day... so shorter or longer, whichever one lets you do that XD

I read too fast :(

Back