Do I Dream As I Sleep? (The Sandman/DC/Marvel AU Quest)

[x] You passed by a shop that smelled of roses and herbs.

Time to chase a stunning visual treat with some olfactory decadence.

Plants Dream Of Spring

[X] You passed by a flower shop that smelled of roses and herbs.

You found yourself drawn back to the flower shop that Peter smashed through when you met. A woman with red hair was cleaning up the smashed pots and plants.

Pamela Isley was not having a wonderful morning so far.

She woke to no hot water in her apartment, her fridge decided to stop working overnight, causing everything inside to be ruined, and then she found her shop in shambles.

"Do you need some help?" you asked her as you crouched down and began to pick up some of the cracked pieces of the pots.

"Thank you, but you don't really have to..." Pamela stopped herself as she felt warmth surround the area. She looked around, but had no idea of where the origin of it was.

Though you didn't notice at first glance, looking closely you saw her skin had a subtle green tint to it.

Pamela thought it over and decided to accept your help, it was a lot to take care of.

"Thank you again." she said as she led you into the shop, flowers and plants of all shapes and sizes could be seen through the shop. "If you could just water the plants while I finish cleaning up the inside, it would be a big help." she requested.

You touched many of the flowers, and watered as many that needed to be watered.

Pamela watched in fascination as many of the wilted flora bloomed to life, brighter than before.

She realized you were that warmth from before. Could you possibly be similar to her…? She's never met someone else with control over nature.

Pamela's curiosity peaked, she decided she could just gain some answers easily. She released pheromones in the air, you wouldn't be able to resist her.

But you paid no attention to her at all, you continued to tend to the plants.

Pamela was indignant, not even one look her way? She supposed you could be immune, if you were like her. It gave her some more answers at least, but how could she bring this up to you? Just asking someone about their powers wasn't just a conversation you brought up, you would probably run away the moment she asked.

The woman would have to become acquaintances with you in order to bring it up at the minimum, maybe she could work it out in her favor even more?

"Have you ever thought of becoming a florist?" Pamela asked as she strutted her way over to you.

"I've never had the opportunity to work with plants and flowers before." you told her.

That was odd to her, did your powers take root only recently?

She always had an affinity for nature even before the accident, and from the way you worked with the flowers she thought you had a love for them as well. You had a smile on as you tended to them, maybe you've only discovered the joys of nature recently? Pamela had to wonder.

"I run this small shop by myself," Pamela began to tell you. "my name is Pamela." she extended her hand towards you. You looked at her hand, as water still drained from the watering can in your hand.

"Hello, my name is Somnus." you simply told her. Pamela retreated her hand, at least she knew your name now.

"Well Somnus, I appreciate the help, you can come visit me occasionally, if you'd like." Pamela offered to you. "You seemed to like the flowers and they seem to like you. A helping hand around here couldn't hurt either." she chuckled.

"You want to be friends, Pamela?" you asked her intently, the watering can forgotten as you stepped in front of her. Pamela's eyebrows rose as she looked into your eyes, you seemed so determined about something.

"Uh, yes Somnus, I would like to be friends." she answered before she was held in a hug, swinging in the air. You placed her down gently, a smile on your face.

"Thank you, Pamela!" you told her. "I don't have many friends, and I've just made one on my own." you said happily as you picked up the watering can. You couldn't wait to tell Death about this.

Pamela smiled slightly, it seems you both were a bit more similar than she first thought.

"Come by later, Somnus. It's lunchtime and I have another friend I need to meet." she said as she lead you out of the store. "If I'm late she'll be mad, and when she's mad she likes to pull pranks."

"Okay." you agreed "I'll see you later Pamela." you walked out of the store, back out on to the street.

It was now noon, what did you decide to do?

[ ] A bald man in a wheelchair joined you for lunch.

[ ] Visit Gotham's Natural History Museum.

[ ] Sit in a local park.

[ ] Write-in

Last edited:
Back