Disney Descendants, the upcoming Disney's adaptation of a fanfiction plot

Well it sells. I saw High School Musical one and two and while they were not my taste, I know people who liked it sort of. And the music was cool.

The fact that they made sequels likely means that we don't know what teenagers want.

But then, considering Twilight and 50 Shades there seems to be horrible taste rampant among young people.

The thing is, Disney used to be legitimately good. I'd put the original 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarves' pretty far up there as far as quality goes, and it's probably 70 years old now. And heck, even now they're producing some pretty good stuff- Frozen, for example.

It just seems like their QC is shit when it comes to live action and serials, when compared to feature animations- And for some reason they don't recognise this, so they just keep on going.
it's a TV movie.

The thing is, Disney used to be legitimately good. I'd put the original 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarves' pretty far up there as far as quality goes, and it's probably 70 years old now. And heck, even now they're producing some pretty good stuff- Frozen, for example.

It just seems like their QC is shit when it comes to live action and serials, when compared to feature animations- And for some reason they don't recognise this, so they just keep on going.
Thing is that DCOM's been a thing since 1997 and it's sorta...always been like this. Like it's basically a separate entity from Disney itself, Disney Channel has never been the peak of quality or a mark of Disney's quality. I find it odd they're finally using the Disney brand itself for a movie instead of generic teenagers doing generic teenager things because teenagers, but at essence it's the same kind of tween popcorn crap like High chool Musical, Wendy Wu Homecoming Warrior, Zenon, Cadet Kelly, Motocrossed, Life is Ruff, Cheetah Girls, Twitches, Camp Rock, or of course the ever creative Teen Beach Movie. This is just Disney Channel being Disney Channel but trying to get a little more attention by emphasizing the Disney part. It's like a kid asking its dad if they can finally drive his nice car and the dad saying "Okay son just this once". It's weird but again, Disney Channel isn't really in the same spectrum as Disney itself. It's just this strange thing that sorta tries desperately to remain relevant and still makes these kind of movies since 1997. Same old same old with a new coat of paint.

Halloweentown's legit though.

For reference, my entire experience with the Disney channel is based off of having to watch 'the suite life' with my younger cousins on occasion.

Bad, but not quite at this level of worst thing.

... Oh god and I thought Forever After High was enough for this market.
Well Im off to go forget this is a thing till they start advertising it 24/7, then Ill just cry.

Is it not set in an Islamic society?

There are mutiple theroies about that, I myself never read the original material Aldin is based off of, but I saw some convincing arguments.

One is that yes, it takes place after the time of mohammad. But there is no mention of allah, and no real hint of the religion. No dayily prayers that you see, no place of worship, ect. And disney had no reason to keep that out, as we see they are not afraid of religion.

This lead to theries about it being the time before chirst.

However, if you look at the genie, he knows things and references things that would not have happened yet.

So, he can either see the future which is not the case otherwise Jafar would have abused the fuck out of that in the second movie, or it's set in a post apocolptic future in the middle east and the Genie just lived though that shit.

But there is no mention of allah,
When Aladdin as Prince Ali first meets the Sultan. The Sultan mentions Allah when examining the carpet.

Let me find a clip.

EDIT: He also says "Praise Allah" at one point.

EDIT2:Here's a short clip actually. I found it using Google.

EDIT3: It's glitching, let me find another one.

Last edited:
So it is like Once Upon Time but worse. So it should come as no surprise that they are doing this.

They have been making bad movies for years. I remember classics like Zenon: Girl of the 21 Century and The luck of the Irish
Disney Channel movies have never been good and really the only exception here is the use of familiar characters. It looks completely standard for the channel's quality, really, and all if Disney's good programming (ie cartoons) has moved to Disney XD for the most part. Really the saddest thing about this for me is that a cartoon or graphic novel or even webcomic could do this idea brilliantly but a DCOM is just the worst place to use it. I expect standard DCOM stuff but with references to the movies and that's about it. Funny that those references are the only thing making this particular movie stand out, though.
Screw you guys!

Smart House, Johnny Tsunami, Halloweentown, Zenon, Luck of the Irish, Brink, Color of Friendship, etc...

You can't tear down my memories! I refuse to accept your sneers!

What I'm getting a kick out of is turning Jafar Jr. into freaking Alladin.
What I think happened here is they realized they already had a magic using kid and Maleficent has higher priority, so her kid stayed a magic user while Jafar's kid got turned into Aladdin. Really, what they should have done is change him to be the son of some other villain who is a thief. Or maybe Gaston's kid or something.

When Aladdin as Prince Ali first meets the Sultan. The Sultan mentions Allah when examining the carpet.
He also mentions Allah when talking to Jasmine after she rejects one of her suitors. Something about blessing men who have daughters while he's trying to put the birds back in their cage after Jasmine leaves it open.

I don't know why people are saying this is so terrible, it looks like it has potential as a snarky self-aware comedy ala Sky High.

What I think happened here is they realized they already had a magic using kid and Maleficent has higher priority, so her kid stayed a magic user while Jafar's kid got turned into Aladdin. Really, what they should have done is change him to be the son of some other villain who is a thief. Or maybe Gaston's kid or something.
Alternatively, play up the devil advisor route- Highly winning personality, lots of charisma, will sentence you to death with a smile and a nod.

Does anyone know where the fanfic where this came from actually is. Because I have to see how bad it is.

Back