DigiMontage (A Digimon Quest)

[X] Awe. She is truly beyond you in a way that leaves you stunned. Her power, her presence. The way she carries herself is full of confidence, a top dog that cares not for what anyone else thinks. Is this not what the peak of this world looks like? Is this not what it means to be powerful, to be beautiful? Is this not… What you wish to become?

[X] Awe. She is truly beyond you in a way that leaves you stunned. Her power, her presence. The way she carries herself is full of confidence, a top dog that cares not for what anyone else thinks. Is this not what the peak of this world looks like? Is this not what it means to be powerful, to be beautiful? Is this not… What you wish to become?

[X] Hate. You despise that you got fooled. Completely frustrated at the gap between your strengths. You recognise it, you can't do a single thing here against this hunter that laughs at your face. Should you somehow survive this humiliation… Revenge will be at hand.

[x] Awe. She is truly beyond you in a way that leaves you stunned. Her power, her presence. The way she carries herself is full of confidence, a top dog that cares not for what anyone else thinks. Is this not what the peak of this world looks like? Is this not what it means to be powerful, to be beautiful? Is this not… What you wish to become?

Aneki!!!

Brains: 100 (Child II Tier 10) (Capped)

She dumb as a rock...
Let's convince her to let us be her underling, then we'll become her boss once we digivolve!

Little guy has to respect power, even if we end up the Daiyousei to this Cirno.

I really don't want to go down the awe path, especially since, you know, she just electrocuted us and is probably planning on eating us.

I really don't want to go down the awe path, especially since, you know, she just electrocuted us and is probably planning on eating us.

Part of me views the choice more leaning on how we look upon those stronger than us.

Are we so hateful that we plan to get revenge and prove ourselves the best? So afraid that we must avoid confrontation at all costs? Or do we view them at a milestone to reach rather than innate hostility?

Obviously I don't think we will realistically actually WORK with Tesla Jellymon atm. Our best chance of survival is not being deemed worth the effort to hunt, especially if they have access to a meat bush or something that feeds them better.

Last edited:

Part of me views the choice more leaning on how we look upon those stronger than us.

Are we so hateful that we plan to get revenge and prove ourselves the best? So afraid that we must avoid confrontation at all costs? Or do we view them at a milestone to reach rather than innate hostility?

Obviously I don't think we will realistically actually WORK with Tesla Jellymon atm. Our best chance of survival is not being deemed worth the effort to hunt, especially if they have access to a meat bush or something that feeds them better.
I don't think this is her hunting for anything but someone to torment judging from her attitude, and I'd rather not make a habit of expressing admiration toward a psychopath. Also, there are other motives for revenge and hatred can just as easily be directed toward injustice

Last edited:
I don't think this is her hunting for anything but someone to torment judging from her attitude, and I'd rather not make a habit of expressing admiration toward a psychopath. Also, there are other motives for revenge and hatred can just as easily be directed toward injustice
Feelings like that easily lead to darker evos like Skull Greymon though don't they?

Unless that's just Digidestined Digimon and I'm stupid but I remember digimon being very susceptible to emotions like that. Could just be a human-partner thing.

I just see it as how we view power in general. We're basically a baby, so I dunno if this choice can't be changed once we grow more if we survive this encounter.

Last edited:
Feelings like that easily lead to darker evos like Skull Greymon though don't they?

Unless that's just Digidestined Digimon and I'm stupid but I remember digimon being very susceptible to emotions like that. Could just be a human-partner thing.

I just see it as how we view power in general. We're basically a baby, so I dunno if this choice can't be changed once we grow more if we survive this encounter.
Survival may genuinely not be an option. She's two digivolution stages above us, I would count us lucky if we make it two feet before she runs us down.

[X] Fear. You need to run. There is nothing you can do to a creature like this! Sweat is felt for the first time despite being submerged, your heartbeat quickening, breath already gone. Why didn't you just go up! Come on body, move! Or else this horror be truly etched into your heart! Go to the ends of the Digital World so that you may never see her again!

[X] Fear. You need to run. There is nothing you can do to a creature like this! Sweat is felt for the first time despite being submerged, your heartbeat quickening, breath already gone. Why didn't you just go up! Come on body, move! Or else this horror be truly etched into your heart! Go to the ends of the Digital World so that you may never see her again!

We're too young to be getting excited by attempted murder. Table that until Champion at least.

Honestly, I half-suspect that this is Attribute selection: Hate is virus types because clearly we're building to counter it. Fear is Vaccines, because Data beats Vaccines, and therefore we evolve the type that naturally needs to avoid fighting Data types anyways, and Awe is Data because you want to be Data too.

That being said I'm choosing Fear because I feel like that is the appropriate response to this situation.

Last edited:

Don't like our cute little Digimon becoming fearful or hateful. I'd rather we have this ambition built from awe.

That said I wonder how we are surviving this? Since this was apparently reason the lake was empty this is a scripted encounter from the minute we picked the lake, so I think there's also a scripted resolution.

Unless there was possibly something for us to find if we had explored. Unlikely, but who knows?

To be fair, it's not like death is permanent in Digimon, so there's not actually anything stopping us from getting eaten and reborn. It's not like we'll lose anything major from it, considering we're still baby.

To be fair, it's not like death is permanent in Digimon, so there's not actually anything stopping us from getting eaten and reborn. It's not like we'll lose anything major from it, considering we're still baby.
I mean, not conventionally, but perma death is a thing.

Like, if they consume our data before it becomes a Digitama again we're kinda screwed right?

Back