Dark Greetings (Star Wars Moff game)

The Galaxy has been turned on its head.

From the spires of Imperial Centre to the dark corners of outer rims cantinas, people whisper of the Disaster At Yavin. Grand Moff Tarkin, a sizeable portion of Imperial High Command, the greatest war machine ever created - all of it gone, wiped out in a single moment by a pitiful band of rebels. Such a thing is not supposed to happen, was presumed impossible just days ago, and yet... well.

The Emperor has made no statement. Some, incautious enough to speak the words aloud where listening ears might hear, wonder if perhaps he is glad. The loss of so many lives is regrettable, of course, but Wilhuff Tarkin destroyed Alderaan. A Core World, one of the very brightest, turned to dust by the Empire's hand... and then, mere days later, avenged in the most spectacular style. How does one even begin to navigate such a situation?

For others, however, the reason for the Emperor's silence is not so important as what it represents - opportunity. The whole galaxy has been turned on its head, uncounted trillions crying out for salvation, for order, for answers. Those who move now will set the board for what is to come, and may yet shape the galaxy in their image.

The Battle of Yavin is over. The war has just begun.

OOC Thread is Here

-/-

Turn One Start
Provisional deadline - Saturday 16th March

Send your orders to me via PM on SV.

-/-

Rebel Operations

Oversector 3 "Steel Blade"
  • News of the Disaster at Yavin has flooded the data-waves. Initial analysis suggests that an active propaganda effort is being run by dissident factions, aimed at spreading the Rebel perspective on the events - that even the Empire's greatest weapons are not beyond defeat, nor its highest officials beyond justice.
Oversector 13 "Iron Lance"
  • Unidentified ships have been reported making hit-and-fade strikes on transport ships moving down the Corellian Run. Initially written off as mere pirates, the loss of a shipment of Tibanna gas lead a junior analyst to connect the dots and suggest that the rebels must be operating a weapons production facility somewhere in the sector.

Oversector 1 "Azure Hammer" - Grand Moff Palima Polevas @Mina
Oversector 2 "Green Mantle" - Grand Moff Kanne Yaxia @AKuz
Oversector 3 "Steel Blade" - Grand Moff Vitiion Korray @Carol
Oversector 4 "White Cuirass" - Grand Moff Alexandraghast Ludentii Arkwright Praji-Kuat @TenfoldShields
Oversector 5 - "Shadow Hand" - Grand Moff Trachta (NPC) (Vader's Shadow)

Oversector 6 - Black Sword - Grand Moff Bertroff Hissa (NPC)
Oversector 7 "Golden Nyss" - Grand Moff Inderion Hargrad @EarthScorpion
Oversector 8 "Bright Jewel" - Grand Moff Murswungle Splott the First @Havocfett
Oversector 9 - "Brazen Petard" - Grand Moff Rufaan Tigellinus (NPC)
Oversector 10 "Crimson Dagger" - Grand Moff Zsinj @Dekutulla

Oversector 11 "Blazing Claw" - EMPTY (Tried to kill Vader. Failed.)
Oversector 12 "Cerulean Spear" - Grand Moff Tradum Gavax @BigBacon
Oversector 13 "Iron Lance" - Grand Moff Clem Shacklemorr @dash931
Oversector 14 "Red Tails" - Grand Moff Lorn Vree Taa @Wade Garrett
Oversector 15 - Hook Nebula - Grand Moff Ravik (NPC)

Oversector 16 - Ivory Fang - Grand Moff Ardus Kaine (NPC)
Oversector 17 "Chrome Shield" - Grand Moff Bif Krietten @bookwyrm
Oversector 18 "Night Hammer" - Grand Moff Carlo Vikal @NonSequtur
Oversector 19 "Dark Saber" - Grand Moff Vicious Malorax @Squidfam
Oversector 20 "Emerald Banner" - Grand Moff Byg Fauma @Doctor Elsewhere

Last edited:
OVERSECTOR 18: NIGHT HAMMER
Grand Moff Carlo Vikal, of the New Imperial Agricorps

The Greater Seswenna Oversector, once the domain of no less a luminary than Wilhuff Tarkin - gone, but not forgotten - lies spread across Carlo Vikal's drafting table. Holographic representations of the major transport axes, known planets, as well as indicators of economic productivity and the flow of trade gleam before him like the viscera of a dissected beast. Night Hammer Command was not given to a military man. What need of it is there in a sector already so tightly bound to the hyperlanes, tamed by the iron will of Moff Tarkin, and still occupied by the Lord Vader?

Instead, Night Hammer Command, rich in ore and industry, but poor in food and culture, was given to a man who was agriculturalist and philosopher. Someone who closed their eyes and saw neat hedgerows and clean streets, with full authority to do whatever was necessary to secure Tarkin's legacy against the Rebels, against any decay in the Order and against hunger. Hunger as an enemy and an ally, Carlo thinks, as he lightly designates planets for development. His expression is one of gentle interest. Fear does not master him. Desire does not move him. Sentiment does not stop him. He has an Empire to impose, even more deeply than his predecessor. He will do it with hunger. Planets to feed, which he will make grow. Planets to be fed, which he will let eat. People to house. People to re-house. Eriadu sits on twin throats of the galaxy.

It only takes the weight of spoken words to wrap his hand around them.

Carlo's office is pristine. Uncanny. A few tablets - personal use, poetry by Praji-Kuat, also newly elevated and deserving so. The rest have all the many reports a Grand Moff is expected to read. Mirrors on the wall, possibly suggestive of vanity. A few maps of less programmable nature. Two plants. An exercise space, modestly tucked into the corner.

He considers his neighbours. Coreward, Fauma - a man of science and industry, but overly commercial. Manageable, but corruptive. Spinward, Krietten - a hero of the Empire, sharpened and ruled by his hungers. A sword in a time for ploughs. Anti-spinward, Malorux- Carlo pauses. A useful, but dangerous, object lesson. Spinward, rimward, Ravik - a man with refinement but without principle. Of course, the will of the Emperor is mysterious. Vader is here, at least, bringing order to the South-West. A man with but two faults: a paucity of time, and an excess of rage.

An alarm rings. Carlo prepares to begin his thrice-daily exercise.

His neighbours' neighbours. Coreward-coreward. Trachta. Disciplined, maimed, principled, but lacking in perspective. Coreward-spinward. Yaxia. Refined and with a broad, yet shallow, perspective. Spinward-coreward. Kaine. Lacking in vision. Rimward-spinward. Taa. Unwilling to sever. Spinward-spinward. Shacklemorr. An excess of hunger. Better. Unfortunate, that the New Order hasn't seen fit to place him near finer minds, such as the poet laureate. But the Order is with him, always - Carlo will not resent it.

In time, his fellow citizens will learn the same.

GRAND MOFF CARLO VIKAL ANNOUNCES!
Seswenna Total Agricultural Review Vanguard And Throughput Intensification Order Notice
Tarkin Renewal And Urban Memorial Agenda
Anti-Smuggling Project, Hyperlane X-Interdictor Agenda

and the New Order Junior Educational Development Initiative

Last edited:
GRAND MOFF SHACKLEMORR ANNOUNCES YAVIN REPRISAL, INVASION OF HUTT SPACE
WE BEGIN BOMBING IN FIVE MINUTES

Excerpt: "Could the late hero Tarkin truly be defeated by a gaggle of backwater yokels in rustbucket starfighters? No, I say, no! Not a man of such honor and chivalry, of such passion and prowess, no! There is evil among us, an alien evil that has gone unanswered and unbroken, the last interstellar power in the galaxy that does not bend knee and kiss the ring of his imperial supremacy Emperor Palpatine: The slimy curs of Hutt Space! And I will not rest, I say I will not rest, until I am standing on my bridge watching the reckoning fires of Nar Shadda burning with my own two eyes yonder up in high orbit!"

It is a week after Yavin, and Murswungle Splott the First was having a truly lovely day.

He had sprung up this morning with a song on his lips and joy in his heart. The morning light filtering through the windows of his Mantellan Estate. The servants had cooked up a truly divine little breakfast, and after informing his wife that the cheese pastries were especially delicious today, the pudgy Grand Moff of the Empire practically skipped through his morning routine.

Half an hour past dawn found him, as it did every morning, in his office. An adjutant provided a report on his children: Murswungle the Second had settled into the media censorship post he'd been handled fairly well. Perfaniva, his darling eldest daughter, was approaching graduation and would be looking for a minor administrative position to whet her teeth in a few weeks. And, of course, Rursmurler had put another of his classmates into the hospital yesterday. A trifling matter, but he really did have to teach that boy how to do these things with an appropriate number of intermediaries. Couldn't be helped, he supposed, too much Vader on the Holonet, giving children all sorts of wild and wonderful ideas about how to maintain discipline among their lessers.

Murswungle signed a quick order to imprison the hospitalized classmate and his family for sedition. On principle, mostly, and then turned to the rest of his work. There'd be a Mofference sooner rather than later, and he'd need an appropriate set of gifts. Alderaanian wine for Tigellinus, obviously. The man wouldn't touch alien-made stuff, and the expense would surely tickle him now that the planet was gone. A model super star destroyer for Hargrad, probably. He'd gotten him a model Venator at the last one and it'd seemed to go over acceptably. And Hissa...well, it'd be difficult to find something truly fitting for the man. He could always have a convict's skull made into a goblet, but he was fairly certain that he'd done that when Hissa was first promoted and it'd be gauche to repeat himself.

He thought on it for a moment, broad geniality settling into a stilted, constipated sort of focus. A vein bulged somewhere underneath his second chin.

Ah! The experiments, of course. He'd had a perfectly good Iridonian skin from that grafting experiment a bit ago. He'd have it turned into a cape. Maybe something to do with the wife on the weekend, it'd be nice to spend some time together and she did so enjoy leatherwork with sapient remains. And Hissa would surely be tickled, maybe show it to that experimental subject he was keeping around.

The important business of gift-selecting done, Murswungle turned to the reports scattered across his desk, a mess of datapads outlining the future of Bright Jewel Oversector. Demographics, budget impact studies, health surveys, and two letters of resignation from head surgeons over the proposal.

He signed execution orders for both quitters. A pity, one of them was quite good, but he was making the future here and such insolence simply could not be countenanced. It was almost enough to ruin his mood.

But it wasn't, for today, his grand design was to be made public.

Last edited:

VITIION KORRAAY - I

Order of the Day
35:3:13

Soldiers of Steel Blade!

The enemies of the Galactic Empire have regrouped and launched a deadly attack against us. The goal of this Rebellion is to destroy our proud civilization and drag us back into the dark ages of civil war. Many of you soldiers know from your deployments in the disorderly sectors what a return to chaos would mean for your families. Your elders and children would be slaughtered, your home would be devastated by poverty, and your loved ones would be taken as slaves to alien despots.

We have lost many good comrades in the tragedy at Yavin 4. But we have been prepared for what may come since then. Every expendable resource has been poured into building a strong foundation here. Should the enemy rise from the shadows, they will be met with the iron heels of our well-trained forces. Their fate is that of the Separatists—an ignominious defeat at the hands of a united people under our beloved Emperor.

Soldiers: your discipline will be an important component of our victory. Anyone who fails to do their duty at this moment is a traitor to their nation and family. If each soldier follows their orders and fulfills the expectation of their duty, the final assault of the Rebellion will crumble like its predecessors.

The New Order will remain strong. Never will we return to the moral corruption of the Old Republic.

Summon the might to defend, not empty promises, but your homeland, your family, and, with them, our future. Your resolution and fanaticism will shine bright before the eyes of the entire oversector and galaxy at large.

Last edited:
For the first time this night, there are stars above Dathomir. Cool reds, warm yellows, and blinding whites track their way across a canvas of inky darkness. They blink on, off, on, off, a methodical rhythm that would be soothing if they weren't locked in such a rigid, triangular formation.

At least for now, the witches think, there is no green among the stars. A small comfort in their freezing caves, perhaps, but comfort nonetheless.

"Dead, you say? Really?"

The portly man looks from the report on his desk to the officer standing before it. "High treason, sir." The square-jawed man replies, "All signs point to Vader being the one."

Zsinj harrumphs at that, the officer flinching involuntarily at the sign of displeasure. "Well," Zsinj says, "I suppose it would be too, ahem, tragic were he to have died along with Tarkin. No doubt he'll receive a fearsome upbraiding from the Emperor when he returns to Center, but, well." Zsinj shudders theatrically. "Calling our Lord a jedi of all things, the man must have been going senile! It would have been nice to send him to a home in the Colonies, but after spreading that over the holowaves, I can't say I didn't see it coming."

The officer blinks, waiting for the Warlord to get to the point.

Zsinj sighs dramatically. "I had planned to make way for Mandalore, give a good show of oppressing the dissidents, but now that Pafano's gone a rather more pressing matter is at hand." He jumps up suddenly from his seat, startling the officer. "Oversector Outer is decapitated. The Death Star, gone. The sector in which the heart of the Rebellion beats, leaderless! This is a time of radical changes! And so, we must take drastic actions! We cannot stand behind the curtains, waiting for our cue. We must seize the moment!" Zsinj grasps the air before him, fist shaking, before bringing it down into a point towards the beleaguered officer. "Inform the admiral to ready the fleet! We make for Yavin Four, at once!"

The officer opens his mouth for a moment, question gurgling up in his throat, before he thinks better of it and snaps off a quick salute. With a choked 'Yessir!' he runs off out of the Moff's office and into the darkness of the sleek corridors beyond. The turbodoors slide shut with a quiet kshthunk, leaving Zsinj alone. He takes a moment to compose himself, breathing slowly in and out, before moving to his quarters' opulent observation windows and looking up at the planet above.

Dathomir may be a dark place at the moment, but there remains scattered light upon the surface. Tribal bonfires, ritualistic sacrifices, or perhaps even a few lost Imperials making their camps for the night. It will be years more before the order is given to turn the planet to ice, but these moments where Zsinj can come and watch the portents of its death spasms are indulgences in the truest sense of the word. Much as renowned actors keep shelves of their awards on display, Dathomir is one of Zsinj's finest victories, made all the finer by its careful collection. As the fires recede into the distance, the Brawl's command tower slowly sinking down through the waves of darkness and into the sea of stars, Zsinj muses on his future triumphs.

Last edited:
The words cannot be real. They cannot. And yet the briefing by HIGHINTEL comm channel was clear. Grand Moff Inderion Hargrad's hands shake as he reads the print out again and again.

Destruction of the Death Star. Destruction of all assets. Death of all personnel, except for Lord Vader. Death of Old Man Praji, who has been his reliable benefactor from Kuat Drive Yards. Death of Wilhuff Tarkin.

All at the hands of those rebel scum. So much death. So many people he knows, gone.

Inderion Hargrad; Grand Moff, ludicrously wealthy from extensive graft (oh, so many kickbacks), incredibly influential (always second fiddle to Tarkin, but that man is dead), a leading mind in the military industrial complex (at least according to his flunkies), at the very peak of Imperial power -- and none of it means a thing right now. Worse, it means he's expected to have a solution. To have a plan.

He locks the door, has his secretary tell everyone he is not to be disturbed, ignores the call from his mistress, and stares blankly at the casualty figures. He will later claim he is thinking and planning. And that is true.

He is thinking that he needs a drink, and planning to get drunk. Just one drink, of course.

It is never just one drink with him.

An Almtharian whiskey, neat.

"To you, Tarkin, old friend!" Inderion salutes the thin air. "You died in the name of the Empire, sir! And what more can any man long for!"

There's a chance here, more than just a chance. Inderion Hargrad has always been second fiddle to Wilhuff Tarkin. Never as good a captain, never as influential, never as meaningful. That old rival, that old friend, that old bastard is the one who got the Tarkin Doctrine named after himself. What did he get? The Hargrad Rule? Nice, but it's not as meaningful as a Doctrine!

Maybe he can be the new Tarkin.

Talarthian wine, from those delightful violet grapes from that orchard in the shadow of Mt Asak.

Bloodshot eyes stare at the flickering projection. The first estimates of losses are extreme. They don't change, even with all these drinks in him.

"Couldn't even kill Vader," Inderion whispers to himself. Finding fault in the atrocity, relief where he can. "That man'll take it personally. He'll be coming for them. Tarkin liked the man, stars only knew why. Maybe he liked Tarkin too. Maybe he'll be more'n the Emperor's hunting hound. Killing rebels."

It's good to find hope where one can.

He needs another drink.

Another bottle of Almtharian whiskey down the hatch.

"Damn you, Wilhuff! You useless fuck!" Inderion slurs. "Threw away all that on your damned vanity project! Got blown up on the second attempt to use it! How could you!" Tears run freely down his cheeks. "How could you? You weren't meant to die like that! You weren't meant to die a hero! A useless fucking hero! I was gunna show you up! I was gonna take you down! I was... I was gonna show you that I'd been right all along!"

He stumbles and almost slips on one of the discarded bottles on the floor. The room swims around him, lurking this way and that. He manages to catch himself on his desk, but barely.

"Praji. Praji, my friend! You can't leave me! What if your successors aren't you? What about our arrangements? Our deals! How dare you, old man! How dare you! Don't die on me!"

An old bottle of Chiarsci brandy sits half-empty on his desk.

"What's gonna become of me?" Maudlin self-pity fills the room. "What if... if some rat'd managed to get me? What if the rebels are right now tryin' to kill me? Could be a buncha... the ecksy-wing thingies coming for me. With proton torps an' looking to bomb me? Or assassins? What if they're poisoning m'drinks?"

He considers this fuzzily, and goes for his pistol. Crack goes the blaster. He misses. Crack crack crack crack and then the bottle shatters. The expensive wood panelling behind is marred with blaster pockmarks.

Inderion realises he has made a terrible mistake.

"No no no I didn't mean it! That was a hunnred-year ol' bo'le! Damn you, rebel scum!"

And the tears flow, just as the spilled brandy does.

The next day, bleary-eyed, uniform rumpled, moustache limp, he begins drafting orders to his subordinate Moffs. Crackdown. No mercy. No exceptions. The Emperor will be watching to see who might have rebel sympathies, who might be afraid to bring down the hammer in the form of Star Destroyers, and he's not going to be caught out! No one calls his loyalty in question! If the rebels want war, he'll give them war!

Now, a wash and a fresh uniform and then to Coruscant! He has business with the Admiralty Board. Everyone will be in touch with them, but he's going to make damn sure his voice is the loudest in the room.

He has weight to throw around.

OVERSECTOR 12: CERULEAN SPEAR
Grand Moff Tradum Gavax
Turn 1

Lantillies, Lantillian Sector
35:3:11

When Tradum Gavax roused himself from slumber that fateful day, he had not been expecting to hear news of the greatest debacle in the Empire's history spreading across the galaxy like wildfire. What was supposed to be a simple mop-up operation to destroy a hidden base of rebels had turned into the greatest failure the New Order had ever experienced. But to the Grand Moff of the Maldrood Oversector, the worst part of the whole mess was just how easy it had been. It had not even taken a fleet of starships to strike down the massive battlestation.

Just a single pitiful band of rebellious backwater wretches.

More than a decade of work, billions of credits and untold numbers of resources, all for what? Nothing but a tomb for over one and a half million loyal sons and daughters of the Empire and a rapidly spreading cloud of dust in orbit of Yavin Prime. Just thinking about it made his blood boil with a desire to do something, anything to make up for this unmitigated disaster. In the face of such a defeat, a victory was sorely needed in order to restore morale and prevent the citizenry from turning against the New Order, and quickly.

Despite his best efforts over the years, his domain had become infested with rebellious activity. He had been forced to sit back and rage in the privacy of his personal quarters as seditious traitors and Separatists did everything from commiting sabotage and terrorism to entire fleet actions against the Imperial Navy. But nothing, not one thing came anywhere close to the humiliating loss of the Calamari Sector. A mere year ago the Mon Calamari and the Quarren, backed no doubt by secessionist scum, had succeeded in pushing him out of the sector in its entirety. Dozens of populated worlds, many possessing shipyards or significant industrial might, had broken free from the rightful rule of the Empire. And once they had their freedom and proclaimed their so-called "neutrality", they dug in and fortified their liberated territory in expectation of reprisal.

Reprisal that never truly came, no matter how many times he had tried in the past. Oh, he had requested assistance from the greater Empire time and time again, but it was all for naught. Because there were always something more important for the greater Empire to worry about. Because clearly, crushing an openly defiant sector full of traitors and aliens capable of producing warships by the score was not as important as that damn fool Tarkin's stupidly expensive and ultimately worthless pet project-

Gritting his teeth, he forced himself to turn away from the holo-table displaying a map of the oversector and slowly meandered his way over to the battered suit standing in the corner of his office. A set of battle-damaged plastoid armor had once been worn by a loyal clone during the conflict with the Confederacy. A reminder of his past, and of better days that helped soothe the rage and center his thoughts.

If the Empire refused to act until it was too late, he would simply have to do it himself.

Public Announcements:
Order for the total mobilization of Sector Twelve's military forces issued. Rebels and Separatists will soon be hunted down and defeated with the full might of the Maldrood Oversector! Already, the Grand Moff's personal forces are moving to patrol areas of suspected rebel activity.
A propaganda campaign has begun in response to the news from the Yavin system. The Grand Moff will not allow the destruction of the Death Star to cast doubt into the hearts and minds of our loyal peoples. The Empire remains strong, now and forevermore!​

LIVE TRANSMISSION FROM THE OFFICE OF THE GRAND MOFF

He speaks, and his words race across the galaxy, his image replacing sporting events, local news broadcasts, schlocky holodramas from before the Clone Wars and COMPNOR approved documentaries. Such are the privileges of being one of twenty souls whose choices govern the galaxy. He stands before a map of the galaxy, spine parade ground straight, arms folded behind it. Military combat plates unable to hide the cabled defintion of his chest and shoulders taut flatness of his stomach. Chiseled features locked into stoic professionalism. Eyes staring straight ahead, his elocution crisp and his accent perfect Core World refinement. Almost the Imperial ideal made flesh. Almost. Because he is Lorn Vree Taa, the one among twenty, forever marked out among his peers for oh so many reasons.

"Citizens of Oversector Fourteen, I bid you all Dark Greetings. And I interrupt your regularly scheduled transmission to tell you the truth."

On the map behind him, a red glow ignites in an otherwise unremarkable section of the Outer Rim, like an ember catching flame, or a slitted, fiery eye opening.

"In the Yavin system, the armed forces of His Imperial Majesty have suffered a mass casualty event the likes of which the galaxy has not seen since General Grievous assault on Imperial Center. Among the dead are Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin, Admiral Conan Motti, and over one and a half million enlisted personnel." He lowers his gaze then, eyes falling into shadow, his breathes deepening, a catch making its way in that theater stage perfect elocution.

"I do not have the words to describe the monstrosity, the heinous nature of this act. What I do have is an answer. An answer to the question each one of you is asking. How did this happen?" The last phrase is almost a shout, and suddenly he explodes into motion, arms shooting out from behind his back in great scything arms, blades strapped to wrist and forearms catching the light and then clashing with each each other hard enough to throw a spray of sparks into the holocam lens.

"We did this. Each and every one of us. Wilhuff Tarkin, Emperor Palpatine, they built the perfect army, they gave us peace, they gave us prosperity, and what did we do with it? WHAT DID WE DO?" Spittle flecked at the corner of his lips, veins standing out in his neck, arms thrown wide and eyes blazing with fury, with fervor, and then he masters himself, chin lowered to his chest, clawed gauntlets hooked against one another, edge grinding against edge as he almost whispers to the unseen audience.

"There is a lie we tell ourselves. And we all do it. We look at what we have, and we say this is it. This is enough. I won, I am done, all I need to do now is build a wall around this and enjoy it, eat, drink and be merry, the fight is over, I am safe, no need to strive, no need to push myself. And we told ourselves that, and we did, and one and a half million men and women paid the price. And that is our shame, and our failure. But we still have a choice. We still a chance, a chance those one and a half million will never have. The chance to change. The chance to start again. To atone. That is the truth."

Raising his face to the holocam again. Staring into with every ounce of intensity he can summon up as he speaks once more. "And to the perpetrators of the Yavin Atrocity. To those celebrating, those smiling over the deaths of our husband's and wives, our sons and daughters, I say this. Laugh and smile while you can, you will weep and scream soon enough. That is the truth."
TRANSMISSION END

He remains in that position, he will not call it a "pose", for several seconds, feeling the beads of sweat run down his chest and forehead, he can run for kilos in the baking Ryloth heat, he can batter a training dummy with combination of strikes for round after round, why is he sweating now? And all he can think, all he can do is measure his faltering efforts against those who came before him. Wilhuff Tarkin would have never raised his voice, never altered his expression, no hesitation, not a hint of uncertainty, as regal and as calm as a judge ordering the execution of a prisoner held in chains before the bench. His father Orn Free Taa (Senator from the GREAT planet of Ryloth) would have had an audience, most likely comprised of the most attractive female next of kin to the deceased service members but he would have played off them, to them, tossed his cloak of office aside and rolled up the sleeves of his senatorial robe, he would have had everyone in the Oversector shouting along with his oration. But he is neither one of those men, he's only himself, and so he simply nods along as his aides compliment his own mediocre efforts, holds his arms out straight so they can take the Eriadu hunting blades off his arms and examine the edge alignment after the abuse he subjected them to, and then he brushes past them, seeking out the opinion of someone who actually matters.

His sister is sprawled across a chair in the back corner of the studio, baggy pants and top hanging off her slender form as she takes a long drag on a death stick before letting it drop to join several others currently scorching the hardwood floor. (He's advised her about the health impacts of that habit several times, he's firmly suggested she give it up, very firmly). Still, she is here, that's good, he hoped she might, this is very much in the line of her interests before...and she's wearing her jewelry, silver earrings and studs in her nose and tongue that accentuate her lavender skin, yes otherwise she's dressed like she just climbed out of her bed but the jewelry is probably a good sign. Probably.

Not that anyone is likely to notice the jewelry considering, he has nothing against the teeth filed into a mouthful of fangs, that's tradition, that's the mark of a warrior of the old school (he's never done it himself, it's supposed to mark a warrior who killed a worthy enemy in close combat and he's never done that) but the transparisteel plating used to reconstruct the lower right side of her face, it's certainly a striking image, especially with the filing, half her face locked in a permanent flayed razor grin, it just seems a bit much to him, especially as she swirls the smoke from the death stick over her laid bare fangs and gums, but this is not the time or the place for that argument, so instead he simply smiles at her expectantly.

Norn Xhee Taa exhales smoke, savoring the burning over her lips as she considers her gormlessly grinning brother. Truth be told, it wasn't the worst effort she's ever seen but there was considerable room for improvement. There could have been images of some of the more hologenic casualties, some footage of Invisible Hand bombarding Coruscant wouldn't have been amiss, and considering the tone he's trying to strike the Grand Moff should have appeared considerably more disheveled, as if he's been awake for a lengthy stretch of time wrestling with the enormity of the catastrophe...but saying any of that would increase the amount of time she has to spend with the Grand Moff Trying To Interest Her In A Productive Enterprise and away from her villa, where she can be interested in her Selonian masseurs and rewarching her favorite classic holodramas, so she simply smiles and says with positively poisonous cheeriness "Excellent work, brother mine, it was all I could do to restrain my tears for dear Uncle Wilhuff."

There, she's given her approval to this little endeavor, they've Acted As Family To One Another in this trying time, now she can get to her shuttle and Lorn can leave her alone for another three to five weeks before he takes it upon himself to Interest Her In A Productive Enterprise again. That's how this particular aggravating little game is played. And then her brother the Grand Moff smiles at her in a way she would consider passive aggressive from anyone other than him and hands her a data pad.

"Good, that is very good, I have been communicating with Grand Moff Polevas, Grand Moff of Oversector One, you know, and-" she taps two fingers against her transparisteel cheek, interrupting him before he can get going, no, no whatever little scheme he's concocted is going to be strangled in the cradle, there are limits and this is hers.

"I am, in fact, quite familiar with Oversector One." and she skewers him with a glare that has reminded any number of would be therapists, well intentioned physical trainers, and aspiring spiritual guides that she is the indulged sister of a Grand Moff and she can have them thrown into a pit of starving Coruscant hive rats. Unfortunately it is much less effective against the Grand Moff himself, he simply nods at her, "Indeed, as am I, as I was saying Moff Polevas and I agree `Uncle Wilhuff` and the other victims of the Yavin Atrocity deserve a proper commemoration, but as I will be otherwise occupied I require someone in whom I have the absolute confidence to-"

"Oh, aren't you just so occupied." And she knows that is a jibe more fitting to a teenaged socialite but really, if she has to hear one more word of praise to Grand Moff Shacklemorr from her brother's lips she may be physically ill, it was bad enough to watch him pine for masculine approval from Wilhuff and Palpatine, but Klem Shacklemorr? At a certain point, yes, he is an older man with military accomplishments and, admittedly, a certain sartorial flare, yes, Shacklemorr does seem to have been assembled via "What you might bait a snare trap with to capture a Lorn Vree Taa" but goddesses above and below there must be at a certain point where enough is enough.

"Could you just look at my proposals." And there it is, finally a crack in that mask of forced geniality Lorn always wears around her, she snatches the data pad away and scrolls through the first set of images, barely glancing at Polima herself "a woman of mystery in a daring ensemble of krayt dragon pearls", of course Lorn would just cut and paste Coruscant holotabloid articles to illustrate whatever his latest half cocked assault on good taste is. And so she sees nothing odd in the fact that the section labeled GUEST LIST? includes "Ysanne Isard seen at popular night spot", or even "Rivoch Tarkin all grown up", but by the time she reaches "former Senator Shayla-Page Tarkin stuns in swimsuit body" she has lowered the data pad to her lap to glare once more at her brother, who has the GALL to look innocent. "Really? Really?"

"I really do need someone trustworthy to act as liasion with Moff Polevas, and you have, that is, you have not, for three months you haven't left the grounds of-" and she almost says something, then. Almost warns him about the dangers of becoming too deeply entangled with Shacklemorr, of just how likely it is that he's being used, duped even, but then she considers how likely it is that such a speech would yield any productive results whatsoever. And then she contemplates the likelihood of whoever replaces Lorn as Grand Moff allowing her to keep her villa and living allowance, and she sighs. Truly, the galaxy is a cruel place of late.

"I will contact the Grand Moff of Oversector One as soon as I have the opportunity to-" she vaguely gestures at her pulled on ensemble, and her idiot brother positively beams in victory. Very well then, he'll be far from the first to die in Hutt Space but perhaps he'll be the first to die happy, that must be worth something.

@Mina
Communications sent to Oversector One announcing the appointment of a liasion to coordinate with Oversector Fourteen in arranging a proper memorial for the late Wilhuff Tarkin, along with a list overhauls and modifications to every prior suggestion Grand Moff Taa made...except the guest list.

@dash931
GRAND MOFF TAA OFFICALLY DECLARES SUPPORT FOR GRAND MOFF SHACKLEMORR'S POLICE ACTION, VOWS NO LIMITS IN STRUGGLE TO BRING THE HUTTS TO THEIR KNEES

Last edited:
"We are healthcare providers. We treat sickness. We identify symptoms. We locate germs whether they arise from within or have come from the outside. The longer we wait to identify a disorder, the harder it is to treat the disease." - ISB Major Lio Partagaz
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/f1/TapaniOversector-EGTW.png/revision/latest?cb=20200801145035

Grand Moff Byg Fauma - Oversector 20 "Emerald Banner" - Tallaan

It is three days after Tarkin's disastrous defeat at Yavin; two days after the New Order Progressive was running headlines stating Tarkin died in a shuttle accident over Tallaan; and only one day after Byg Fauma had finished stuffing the subordinates responsible for approving that cover story in his personal bacta-soak torture tanks. Sitting in his office overlooking the capital city, he was stuck trying to figure out his official response to this morass of crises and opportunities.

It was a shame really, that the Death Star was destroyed so soon after it was brought online. Where Tarkin had seen a sword to hang over the heads of the galaxy, Byg had seen a scalpel to cut away the rot plaguing the Empire. The galaxy was like a living body, it required constant upkeep to stay healthy and placidly content. Sometimes that meant cutting away the dead weight, giving an ailing organ a shock to the system, or replacing the old with something new. The Death Star would have been perfect for that. Wipe a few key planets off the face of the galaxy, shake things up a little, create some new artificial monopolies to exploit… All that potential…wasted! Reveal that power to the galaxy just to lose against some upjumped rebels. Pathetic.

No use whining over spilt blue milk though, there was too much work to be done. He'd need to do something to brush up his credentials amongst the true imperial believers, maybe build a memorial to Tarkin on Ghorman? He could probably save some credits by repurposing the one built a couple decades ago too. While the plans with the corporations could probably be left alone, as nothing seemed to be disrupting their current timeline, the criminal elements in the sector would need to be cracked down on loudly and publicly in order to keep them quiet long enough for attention to turn elsewhere.

Ah, it seems that one of the other Grand Moffs --Shacklemorr-- is using the disaster to finally declare war on the Hutts. Now that's a lucrative opportunity if Byg's ever seen one. Legions of soldiers in need of healthcare, just as a new strain of bacta is coming out of development? Praise the Emperor, he's going to be rich at the end of this!

T1 - The Imperial Tradition
Turn One, Report One - The Imperial Tradition

The Galactic Empire was, all reputable historians agreed, the greatest polity in galactic history. Its military was peerless, its wealth beyond counting, its reach beyond compare. As the successor state of the Old Republic it had inherited all of the fine political and cultural traditions that blossomed in the soil of a million worlds, brought together in common purpose for the good of all.

Yet, despite such myriad roots, only a blind fool would deny a certain uniformity among the upper ranks. It was inevitable, of course. The Grand Moffs were men and women of the finest quality, chosen and elevated by the will of one man, bound together in shared adherence to Palpatine's New Order. Naturally they would display certain traits in common, hold certain virtues in high regard, and respond to recent events in familiar ways. The galaxy was reeling, the holonet alive with panic and speculation, the image of Imperial might challenged and wounded by an undeniably successful rebel attack. Such actions demanded response, and across the length and breadth of the galaxy, the Grand Moffs once more reached for their most favoured tools.

It was time for a purge.

In some regions, the crackdown was regarded as a technical exercise, a notable but expected expansion of Imperial activity in the wake of an unexpected calamity. Spacefarers around Bilbringi might grumble about the extra spot-checks and upgraded verification processes, raise eyebrows at the sudden proliferation of sensor outposts and deep-space tracking buoys, feel a shiver of fear as the shadows of Golden Nyss command fell across their homes and workplaces all across the Oversector, but the game remained the same. Those who kept their heads down and clung to the right patrons made it through well enough, while those caught in violation of the law were given ample opportunity to mitigate their punishment through patriotic donations or voluntary enlistment in certain new medical trials.

Similarly, though the merchants of Night Hammer command complained of lost profits and excessive delays due to new regulations limiting oversector traffic to specific hyperlane routes (with harsh punishments for those caught going off the beaten track), they too understood how the galaxy worked. One could hardly claim to be surprised at an increasing degree of centralisation and regulation after such a disaster, and if some marvelled at just how far the newly appointed Carlo Vikal seemed willing to go, their comments hardly served to move the needle of public opinion by more than a hair.

In contrast to such top-down impositions, the Grand Moffs of the galactic north-east seemed unified in their pursuit of a more organic, ground-up approach. In Oversectors 10 and 12 the holonet was soon swamped by a massed assault of unified propaganda, while in neighbouring Steel Blade there were soon so many different stories going around that discerning which was true and which a lie was all but impossible. In each region there were dissenting voices and those who would not get with the program, and in each region such malcontents swiftly vanished. Some were taken in by Imperial Intelligence, or those who used to belong to them, while others were visited in the night by commando teams with permissive rules of engagement, but the effect was more or less the same, and few could mistake how the implied message paired with the official line being broadcast on every station.

Others favoured a more artisanal approach, one that blended public appeal with a few object lessons. In White Cuirass, the newly appointed Grand Moff Praji-Kuat went on a grand tour of his outlying worlds, bringing with him a fleet of KDY's finest and the personal touch that had made him a celebrity long before his promotion. The first three Moffs to host him kept their jobs, their rights and privileges confirmed in grand banquets and heartfelt speeches, while the fourth took the opportunity to announce his retirement and acceptance of a private sector job shortly after the visit. As for the local commodore, well, history might never know what guilt saw her pushed to suicide shortly before the Grand Moff's arrival, nor why exactly she saw fit to do so by hanging her own flayed and decapitated carcass from the roof of her private quarters. Sincerely regretful, Praji-Kuat had her family moved to more private postings, where they could grieve her death away from the scorching lens of the public eye, and continued his tour. The very picture of the generous, charismatic autocrat the galaxy expected him to be.

Bif Krietten, Grand Moff of Chrome Shield Command, did not have Praji-Kuat's gift for public speaking or near limitless wealth. What he did have, however, was command of an army and the willingness to use it. If the Holonet broadcasters could not be trusted to say the right things, then their offices and relay hubs would play host to military garrisons to encourage them. If people did not know what to think, then the newly incorporated Vulptex Info-Cast Group (owned and majority controlled by Bif and his personal favourites) would tell them, at great length and frantic volume. And if there were yet pockets of discord, burning coals of dissent, then their carefully managed flare-ups and subsequent put-downs made for wonderful broadcast material, and excellent justification for the Grand Moff's benevolent protection being extended to their worlds and neighbourhoods.

And then there were the traditionalists. The people who had never really forgotten what the Galactic Empire was at its core, the people who had made it that way. They needed no excuse, no carefully crafted list of justifications, no restraints. They only needed targets.

In Red Tails Oversector, stormtrooper squads operated around the clock, kicking down office doors and crashing through household skylights, serving arrest warrants written and issued in utter secrecy and dragging the accused away at blasterpoint. The charges ranged from corruption to bribery to seditious intent, all connected in clear terms to the enforcement operation in neighbouring Hutt Space, and if the officials chosen to replace them all seemed to have some manner of blood connection to the Grand Moff… well, best not to look too closely at that, lest you too be visited by a squad of white-armoured soldiers in the night.

In distant Dark Saber, the dreaded Grand Moff Vicious Malorux took things a step further. Nobody was surprised when the purge of 'fifth column' agents in the local military and political structure led to the appointment of replacements loyal to the Grand Moff, nor when he went on tour with his personal Super Star Destroyer Fist of Oppression. The reappearance of those self-same fifth columnists as constituent parts of newly raised "Victory Monuments" on a hundred worlds, their sightless eyes forever open, their broken bones arrayed in service to the Empire they had so obviously betrayed… that, even the most jaded of Imperial observers thought might be going a little far.

Still, these were Outer Rim territories, their masters appointed to bring order to the Empire's darkest and most brutal frontiers. Atrocities out there would raise eyebrows, but could be largely waved off as the cost of imposing order on those who needed it most. When Grand Moff Polevas began employing their tactics on Coruscant itself, however, nobody was prepared. The wave of no-knock raids, show-trials and public executions set highborn society ablaze, a fire stoked still higher by the Grand Moff's personal involvement in so many of the operations. Not content to simply sign a waiver condemning a highborn scion to death for insufficient patriotism, Polevas strapped on armour and led the raid herself, bringing along a camera crew to make sure the galaxy saw when she put her blaster to the head of a weeping industrial magnate and pulled the trigger.

When the Emperor's chief enforcer arrived to demand a private audience, the heads of several of the slain carried in a crate by his side, the people dared to hope that a reprieve was in the offering. They would be bitterly disappointed, for while Polevas' next public broadcast revealed a livid ring of fresh bruises around her neck, the Grand Moff seemed undaunted, and the few who dared to indirectly question Lord Vader on the subject reported that he seemed cruelly amused by their distress.

Emperor Palpatine, by and large, made no statements of any kind concerning the security efforts that swept the galaxy, content to allow the Grand Moffs to serve as his Voice… and, perhaps, to absorb any consequences in his stead.

The following Oversectors gain +1 Control:
  • Golden Nyss (OS 7)
  • Night Hammer (OS 18)

The following Oversectors gain +2 Control and +1 Unrest
  • Crimson Dagger (OS 10)
  • Cerulean Spear (OS 12)
  • Chrome Shield (OS 17)

The following Oversectors gain +2 Control
  • White Cuirass (OS 4)
  • Red Tails (OS 14)

The following Oversectors gain +3 control and +2 Unrest
  • Dark Saber (OS 19)
  • Azure Hammer (OS 1)

Bulleting distributed in Bright Jewel two weeks after Yavin

Citizens of Bright Jewel, I bid you Dark Greetings!

Your loyal labors have not been forgotten! Where other oversectors are rife with traitors and rebellion, requiring the full might of the empire's first to root out, our beloved home has proven a bastion of stability. The churn of factories, the din of recruitment halls, the joyous cacophony of work camps all sing the empire's praises

And this loyalty has not gone unnoticed!

The emperor himself smiles upon you, citizens. And in doing so he entrusts you with a new, sacred task. Now, my fellow citizens, we wage war upon illness itself! Upon the very concept of imperfection!

The Empire now commits itself to providing cutting-edge healthcare to each and every one of it's citizens, free of charge. To partake in, and further, the very cutting edge of medical science is not merely your privilege as imperial citizens, but your patriotic duty!

As of the issuance of this proclamation, it is now incumbent upon every citizen to register with their local imperial authority in preparation for the opening of new medical facilities.

Do not let our more perfect future find you wanting, citizen.

- Grand Moff Murswungle Splott

Last edited:
T1 - Mission Accomplished
Turn One, Report Two - Mission Accomplished

On a strategic level, the Disaster at Yavin and its consequences were an immensely complex topic touching on virtually every aspect of Imperial policy across the galaxy. On an emotional, ideological level, however, it was much simpler - the Empire had been attacked, had been wounded, had been challenged.

Everything that it was demanded that the Empire strike back against those wretches that dared to so assail it, and in the months following the disaster, more than one luminary sought to do just that. While Grand Moff Zsinj led an assault on the rebel enclave in the Yavin system itself - a topic deserving of its own study at a later date - by far the most significant response was that mounted by Grand Moff Clef Shacklemorr of Oversector Thirteen.

In a fiery speech broadcast across the holonet, the Grand Moff denounced both the rebellious elements that had slain the late Wilhuff Tarkin, and those among his peers and contemporaries who imagined that mere rebels alone could have brought down such a pinnacle figure of the Imperial regime. No, it was their backers and suppliers that a true patriot would seek to root out, the shadowy figures puppeting the Rebel Alliance from behind the scenes - the Hutt Grand Council. And root them out he would, by leading the ships and soldiers of Iron Lance Command against the very heart of the Hutt shadow empire - Nal Hutta, and its festering moon of Nar Shaddaa.

Reactions to Shacklemorr's declaration amongst his compatriots were decidedly tepid. Grand Moff Taa of neighbouring Oversector Fourteen pledged his full and personal support, while Grand Moff Fauma of Oversector Twenty offered a substantial quantity of medical and logistical equipment to the initiative, but that was the full extent of the support on offer. A few polite noises of ambivalent support followed from those Moffs who held territory adjacent to the intended targets in Hutt Space, but that was all. This would be Shacklemorr's crusade, for good or ill.

There were myriad reasons for such reluctance, ranging from the personal to the material, but perhaps the most overwhelming was the perceived impossibility of truly securing Hutt Space in any meaningful fashion. The sheer quantity of forces, the length of the investment necessary to bring law and order to a place that had gone without for so very long, easily exceeded the military and financial resources available to a single Grand Moff. Indeed, some analysts judged that the Empire as a whole would have difficulty meeting such needs for any length of time - why else would Emperor Palpatine have consented to accepting tribute and offers of devolved authority from the Hutt Kajidics? Such opinions were widely held, and even among the Hutts themselves few truly thought that Shacklemorr's operation would come to much. They'd bribe a few subordinates, endure a few punitive raids, make another public show of obeisance to the Emperor on his distant throne, and that would be the end of it. Hutt Space would not, could not, be ruled.

Grand Moff Shacklemorr, as it happened, agreed entirely.

Iron Lance Command had no intention of capturing the worlds and stations of Hutt Space, much less occupying them. Under Shacklemorr's direction, their intentions were simpler by far - they came to burn, to kill, and to punish. In a hundred different systems the same pattern played out; Imperial forces would jump in-system, burn down anything that lay between them and high orbit of the most primary planet, indiscriminately bombard the major population centres and centres of governance, then leave again. When boots hit the ground it was solely to disarm shield generators and capture prominent Hutt officials for interrogation and public execution, with secondary objectives ranging from the demolition of famous landmarks to the plundering of certain reinforced vaults. Whatever the local captains could take they could have, their rights of plunder affirmed by the magnanimous Shacklemorr, who led many of the offensives personally from the bridge of his Super Star Destroyer.

Here and there, local powers recognised what was happening, and while some fled others seized what they saw as their only chance. They rose up against their Hutt-backed overlords (or some local disfavoured who could be convincingly named as such), and when the Imperial battle squadrons arrived in-system, presented the heads of the criminals and pledged their fealty. Such bold patriots were rewarded accordingly, starring in a variety of inspiring broadcasts and propaganda reels to be broadcast to the Empire at large, then left with gifts of weapons and garrisons of imperial special forces to train and support their new rule. Warlords of the frontier, in the finest tradition of the Outer Rim.

Most locals, however, either had nothing of the kind to offer or no expectation that they would survive long enough to make it. In their millions they fled, transports and bulk haulers of every stripe and kind pressed into service by nervous elites and terrified masses, fleeing from the imperial fleets however they could. Many died, burned out of space by grave-faced captains or falling victim to mechanical failure in their overstressed transports, but many more survived to wash up on foreign shores in a desperate and starving throng. Already it was among the largest humanitarian crises in a generation, and it was only going to get worse. Perhaps inevitably, a substantial portion of those who made it out were soldiers and blooded enforcers of various criminal and militant groups, and in every sector bordering Hutt space piracy and banditry spiked dramatically.

Only in Oversector Four was the pattern broken. Grand Moff Praji-Kuat, forewarned of the operation and disinclined to assist, had deployed White Cuirass command across the frontier and invested a staggering degree of resources in preparing for what he saw as the inevitable consequence of his neighbour's misadventure. When the tide of refugees reached his sector, then, they were swiftly escorted to a thousand rapidly established processing camps on chosen worlds, there to be registered and measured and provided with the basic necessities of food, shelter and medical attention by legions of hastily deployed logistical officers. This was not a charitable endeavour, for the Grand Moff had great plans for what he might be able to do with such a massive influx of easily relocated sapient resources, but it was still leagues better than what the refugees had expected or received elsewhere, and soon they were praising Praji-Kuat with zealous fervour on every world in the sector. The wave of change and chaos was rolling across the galaxy, and Alexandraghast would ride it to heights undreamt of.

Meanwhile, the Imperial armada had reached the very core of Hutt Space - the Y'toub system, where lay the infamous Nal Hutta and notorious Nar Shaddaa. Here too they met some of the staunchest resistance yet, whole fleets of mercenaries and indentured pirates rallying to the banner of their overlords to defend the very heart of Hutt power in the Outer Rim. It was a valiant effort, but even as the battle began most knew it could only end one way - indeed, more than a few of the defending flotillas appeared dedicated from the start to nothing more than buying time, either for their masters to evacuate or for another ragged slice of the system's teeming civilian populace to get clear. Hero or villain, all died beneath the furious broadsides of the Imperial Navy, and on Nal Hutta the terrified populace looked up to a sky alight with newborn stars.

Seizing the opportunity presented by the way the greater imperial force had gotten bogged down, a lance of ships from Red Tails Command broke off from the main fleet and made a direct run on Nar Shadaa. They suffered heavy casualties in the approach, as did the dropships and troop shuttles they deployed in swarming clouds as they entered orbit, but as far as Grand Moff Taa was concerned such was more than merely acceptable, it was validating. Riding in the first wave with his own hand-picked retinue of the Ryloth Native Guard, the Grand Moff personally broke down the doors to the meeting hall of the High Council and led the charge inside. Most of the Hutt luminaries had already escaped, retreating into fortified bunkers and hidden bases across a hundred star systems, but for reasons of pride and spiteful defiance some few had remained, fighting to the death alongside their guards for the heart of their rotten Empire. When Grand Moff Taa returned to orbit less than an hour later with the ragged remains of his force, it was their corpses that he carried with him, the rarest kind of tribute that he could present to the distant Emperor and the memory of the fallen.

Perhaps seeking to reclaim the perception of victory from his fellow Grand Moff, Shacklemorr ordered a brutal assault, forcing his ships through the ragged clouds of pirates and mercenaries that attempted to stop them, accepting higher casualties for a conclusive end to the fighting as they moved into orbit of Nar Shaddaa. This time there was no quick bombardment, no smash and grab - over the course of days and weeks, the Imperial Navy systematically scoured the Smuggler's Moon from orbit, demolishing urban spires that had stood for millennia and fracturing the planetary crust so thoroughly it lost coherence.

Shacklemorr's declaration of victory, broadcast from the bridge of his flagship with the disembowelled guts of Nar Shaddaa spread out behind him like a victory banner, would be one of the most famous images of the period in any history book for the next several centuries.

Unrest rises by +2 in Iron Lance, Red Tails and Cerulean Spear oversectors.

Unrest rises by +1 in White Cuirass oversector.

In turn two, a new 'Rebel' Operation will begin automatically in every Oversector - "Hutt cartels have placed bounties on every imperial officer and official, from local administrators and base commanders on up".

Grand Moff Tradum Gavax

Lantillies, Lantillian Sector

Tradum Gavax had underestimated his fellow Grand Moffs.

Of course, he was aware that the other Grand Moffs would react to the death of Tarkin and the destruction of the Death Star, each in their own ways. He was no fool. Anyone with a brain in their skull could notice that for all of his flaws, the Emperor's pet from Eriadu kept everyone else in line. And now that his influence was gone, he and the rest of his colleagues were free to chase their ambitions... within reason.

But he had been caught off guard by just how quickly things had escalated. He had been distracted, focused on preparations for the upcoming Calamari Campaign that he failed to take into account how the actions of his neighbours could affect his own oversector. Consumed by thoughts of righteous justice delivered to the enemies of the Empire, and of what would be appropriate punishment once the day was won.

The first reports from the Hutt Campaign were met with amusement ("So, 'beginning in five minutes' was not a joke then?"), but were ultimately dismissed. He had more important things to worry about, and he was certain that Grand Moff Shacklemorr was competent enough to handle all the problems within the Trans-Nebular Oversector on his lonesome. Surely, the Emperor would not promote some incompetent fool to act as the administrator of such a territory. If he had, the man would have been bribed into uselessness and turned into a puppet for the Kajidics by now.

Besides, Hutt Space consisted of hundreds, perhaps even thousands of inhabited worlds. As much power as a single Grand Moff may wield, even they would need to be cautious when digesting so many conquests.

But as the mustering of the Maldrood Oversector's forces continued onward, the reports kept coming in. Shacklemorr was soon joined by the governor of Sector Fourteen, Grand Moff Taa, and with their forces combined they stormed across Hutt Space as an unbreakable tide of merciless violence. Nothing the slugs threw at them could give them pause, no matter how many mercenaries they hired or slave armies they raised.

But still, Tradum remained unconcerned. Even when he eventually found the misplaced invitation to join the campaign that Shacklemorr had sent him. The Hutts were not his problem to worry about.

It was only when an unending tide of refugees from the conflict began to flood into the Tion Cluster, and by extension the rest of the oversector, did Gavax finally look at what was truly happening. Shacklemorr and Taa weren't trying to conquer Hutt space at all. They were destroying it. They had realized that there was no point in conquering all of those worlds because they would never be able to control them, so instead they would break the power of the Hutts and shatter it into a thousand little pieces so that they could never again threaten Imperial interests. In response, everyone and anyone who could flee was trying to get out while they still could before that region of the galaxy turned into even more of a hell than it already was.

Unrest skyrocketed across the bordering sectors as untold millions of displaced beings of all sorts sought refuge. Ramshackle camps and tent cities sprung up across innumerable worlds, and with them came the inevitable.

Starvation. Violence. Disease. And all manner of criminal activity.

Tradum had been caught completely flat-footed. And of course, he reacted in his usual way. Any who desired an audience with the most important man in the Twelfth Oversector for the next week was met with the sealed door of his personal office, no matter how important the news they carried. Even as the refugee crisis continued to grow unchecked, and the muster of the armed forces kept chugging along, the only response from Lantillies was silence.

Until at last an exhausted and dishevelled-looking Grand Moff summoned his subordinates, and with a sour look upon his face, gave them his orders.

"This issue has... grown beyond my control." He admitted reluctantly through grit teeth as if such a thing caused the prideful man pain.

"I have no choice. Contact Imperial Center."

Last edited:
T1 - Memento Mori
Report Three - Memento Mori

While the primary architect of the Galactic Empire's formation and ethos was and always would be Sheev Palpatine, no serious analysis could credibly disregard the role played by Wilhuff Tarkin. From the earliest days of the then-Chancellor's reign Takin was there, standing at the very forefront of the Republic's evolving military and political dogma. The proclamation of the New Order propelled his career to new and ascendant heights, the very concept of a Grand Moff created in part to formalise the power and authority he already possessed. Consequently, his death during the Disaster at Yavin was perhaps the single most profound victory that the so-called Rebel Alliance could have achieved, and the ripples of his fall would echo out across the galaxy for decades to come.

The most immediate consequence was, inevitably, the funeral. Without enough of the man himself left to provide a body there was nothing to raise any given ceremony or commemoration to greater legitimacy than another, and a wave of public mourning, carefully crafted addresses and hastily erected memorials spread out across the galaxy. Few were especially sincere, for Tarkin had never been a man to cultivate love in those who served below and alongside him, but the wealth of planets was poured into making sure his name entered the history books nonetheless.

(The rebel leader Mon Mothma infamously remarked that none of these public events captured the spirit of the dead officer quite like the memorial erected on Ghorman, incorporating as it did recycled elements of an earlier memorial for victims of a massacre the man himself had carried out. Grand Moff Fauma, who had commissioned the statue, was reported to be obscurely pleased by the caustic remark.)

In the Grand Moff's old homeland, the newly appointed Grand Moff Vikal decided to commemorate his predecessor in his own personal way; namely, a massive and precisely targeted campaign of financial investment and infrastructural development. operating across the realm of Night Hammer Command. Named the Tarkin Renewal and Urban Memorial Agenda, the program worked with a carefully chosen consortium of human and Sluissi corporations to commission new factories, spaceports and habitation facilities across the oversector's most industrially developed worlds, while rolling back any and all statutes and policies aimed at ecological preservation. Eriadi, Sullust and Bist were among the most notable beneficiaries of the development, but dozens of other worlds and satellites were targeted as part of the initiative, each shaped according to the Grand Moff's personal vision and grand design.

Public reactions to the program were generally fairly muted. A few voices scoffed at the shame of the visionary Tarkin being replaced by such a bean-counter, but few could truly muster much emotional vitriol for the development and its aims. It was, after all, just numbers on some accounting sheet.

Far more popular, in every sense of the word, were the festivities hosted within the imperial core, personally attended by Emperor Palaptine for the duration. Grand Moff Polevas, fresh from leading the latest in her series of brutal raids on those who had long imagined themselves immune to such things, orchestrated and lead a grand procession from the skies of Coruscant to the rolling hills of Chandrilla, a weeks-long bacchanal dedicated to celebrating the fallen legend's life and legacy in the style to which he would have most objected. Guests were served authentic Eriadu cuisine, garbed in the fur cloaks and whittled bone necklaces of authentic Eriadu fashion, and provided with high-powered blasters and automated droid escorts with which to track and hunt a variety of outer rim criminals across the hills of Chandrilla as the authentic historical records of the Tarkin family insisted they did regularly.

The near apoplectic fury which the handful of surviving Tarkins in attendance seemed to regard the whole affair was, as far as most of the guests were concerned, somewhere between baffling and part of the entertainment. More than one of them might well have elected to ruin the whole affair with a violent outburst, had Emperor Palpatine not taken the opportunity to publicly praise Grand Moff Polevas for the comprehensive research she had clearly done into Eriadu customs and history in preparation for such an authentic celebration. Instead of publicly contradicting their Emperor, most of the Eriadu elite in attendance elected to sink solace in drink.

Also in attendance, her ticket bought in part by the provision of suitable criminals to be hunted by the assembled worthies, was the sister of Oversector 19's Grand Moff, Norn Xhee Taa. Shamelessly adopting the mantle of Noble Savage so graciously assigned to her by Polevas' machinations, and cheerfully revelling in the minor celebrity status bestowed upon her by blood ties to one of the two Grand Moffs currently burning their way through Hutt Space, Norn took full advantage of the opportunity to shamelessly flatter the Emperor with praise and gratitude that left the attendant nobility of the core feeling increasingly out of sorts. Yes, both Palpatine and Tarkin hailed from the mid-rim, yes his most prominently successful subordinates of late hailed from further afield still, but did the Twi'lek savage really have to highlight such qualities in all her speeches and obviously drunken toasts? Anyone would think she was taking the opportunity to slander and insult the entire edifice of the core at great and eminently deniable length.

The Tarkins in attendance seemed to appreciate her words, however, and more than one took the opportunity presented by the alien's attendance to speak in private about their shared futures. Wilhuff was dead, after all, and with the elevation of the thoroughly administrative Vikal to his former position, the family was in dire need of a new patron. Perhaps Grand Moff Taa would be amiable to such an arrangement? If so, he would have to overlook the caustic words that the old man's niece Rivoche was rumoured to have exchange with his sister during one of many formal banquets held on the tour (which inevitably fuelled further hearsay of a passionate liaison behind closed doors, a rumour neither woman deigned to acknowledge), but few denied the outcome was a possibility. Lorn Vree Taa seemed capable of anything in those days, for better or for worse.

As for Grand Moff Polevas, if she noticed the implicit slander or scarcely hidden intrigue being conducted by her guests, she made no move to acknowledge or reply to it. Perhaps she did not care, or perhaps she was simply too busy looting forcibly appropriating every single bribe, slush fund and rainy day reserve that Wilhuff Tarkin had established throughout his long life, all routed through a series of charitable institutions and trust funds ostensibly dedicated to honouring his memory.

The opening of the Wilhuff Tarkin Memorial Museum, where every image of the man featured him being upstaged by the Emperor and crowds of children could be recorded posing before wildly inaccurate exhibits on authentic Eriadu traditions and customs, was perhaps the final jewel upon the crown of indignity.

Thus did Wilhuff Tarkin pass from life into legend.

T1 - Unworthy Adversaries
Report Four - Unworthy Adversaries

Since the very moment of its conception, the Galactic Empire has been plagued by rebels. The confederate secessionists were the earliest, driven by the same grievances that had ignited the Clone Wars, while the following years saw a seemingly endless succession of pirates, seditionists, terror groups and mutineers rise to gnaw at the Empire's flesh. For twenty years or more such foes had been regarded as little more than vermin - annoying, unwelcome, in dire need of extermination, yes certainly, but a threat? Hardly.

The Disaster at Yavin changed that. It showed the galaxy that the Rebel Alliance was no mere group of rabble-rousing bandits to be crushed beneath the heel of Imperial power, but a true and genuine threat to the Empire's sovereignty. For some this was cause for celebration, but for those in power, it was a bitter and unwelcome curse. Now the Empire's elite needed to do more than performatively crack down on seditious talk and unsanctioned fringe groups. Now it needed to win.

Naturally, each Grand Moff pursued such aims in their own unique way.

In Steel Blade Oversector, Grand Moff Vitiion Korray found herself confronted with a deluge of rebel-positive propaganda and public outreach, all trading on the Disaster at Yavin to call the Empire's supremacy and dominant position into question. Rather than crushing the dissenters directly, the clinically-minded woman turned to her favourite tools of analysis and dissection. Working closely with officers from Imperial Intelligence, Korray sought to produce sufficiently divergent copies of the various transmissions to inflame tensions between the rebellion's disparate groups and confuse their overall message, reducing the impact on the weak and easily swayed sentients in her Oversector.

Article:
Korray rolls 5 and 5, Rebels roll 8 and 4. Rebels succeed.

Unfortunately, such subtle tactics ended up backfiring, for where once the Rebellion was a fractious band of disparate ideologues, their recent triumphs had done more to smooth over doctrinal differences than a thousand motivational speeches ever could. Reports of seditious activity spiked on every world across the sector, and while each gathered mob and protesting crowd shouted different slogans, they were all unquestionably united in their opposition to the Empire as it presently existed.

In the recently mobilised Iron Lance Oversector, Grand Moff Shacklemorr was delighted to read reports of rebel-aligned pirates stealing the necessary components and materials to make a weapons factory somewhere in his Oversector. Not that he believed it, as such, but because he always appreciated the kind of ambition and initiative it took for a junior analyst to connect his current case to the winds of politics and interest in high command. With a laugh he signed a promotion order for the analyst in question, one that came with a transfer to a far more prestigious posting, and followed it up with a series of requisitions and mergers aimed at placing all the most critical (and profitable) shipping in the oversector under direct military authority.

Almost as an afterthought, the Grand Moff assigned his least favoured officer - Rear Admiral Sahn Ette, a stodgy and unimaginative man with just enough seniority to avoid being cashiered on a whim - to hunting down and dealing with these rebel pirates. That such a mission would keep the relatively even-handed and restrained commander out of the operation in Hutt Space was, to the Grand Moff, merely the first of many possible upsides.

Article:
Shacklemorr rolls 8 and 5, Rebels roll 7. Shacklemorr is victorious.

Despite such lackluster support from above, Sahn Ette was able to coordinate a thorough and effective sweep of the target systems, tracking the pirates back to their lair in a nameless system just one jump off the major trade routes. There, tucked away in a hollowed out asteroid, his task force located and seized an illicit factory of significant scope, one that analysis suggested had been used to produce anti-armour grade weapons in significant quantities. It seemed beyond doubt that the local rebels were planning on a major strike against a hardened target in the immediate future, though the destruction of their supply lines would doubtless prove a hindrance to their ambition.

Perhaps the most significant operation, however, was the one orchestrated by Grand Moff Zsinj of Oversector 10. Though his own territories were largely quiescent and well ordered, Zsinj had never been the kind of man to be satisfied with 'good enough'. He looked further than others, beyond the boundaries set out for him, and now that ambition carried his gaze to the neighbouring Oversector 11. Blazing Claw Command was currently leaderless, having been rather literally decapitated by an irate Darth Vader, and after the Disaster at Yavin there was nobody above the rank of Admiral in the entire Oversector who might take command in her absence.

Grand Moff Zsinj had no authority to act, no orders to hide behind, but he had a disaster brewing on his border and the necessary force to do something about it, and that was all the mandate he needed. On the bridge of the Super Star Destroyer Brawl he swept across the border at the head of a massed fleet of his own ships, commandeering resources and issuing new orders to the scattered members of Blazing Claw Command he encountered along the way. Order would be imposed, leadership provided, and the Empire would strike back.

Article:
Zsinj rolls a 9 and 1. The Rebels roll a 5 and 1. Zsinj is successful.

In the Yavin system, the Rebel Alliance was already in the process of evacuation. While they had won a great victory, none had any illusions about their ability to avoid destruction at Imperial hands through two miracles in a row. Such an operation takes time, however, and Alliance Intelligence had focused its efforts on the local forces and commanders in Blazing Claw command, not more distant threats. Consequently the arrival of the Brawl, and with it the surviving members of the 501st Stormtrooper legion, caught the Alliance forces midway through their evacuation.

The resulting slaughter was comprehensive and almost entirely one-sided. While Rebel High Command had already escaped the system with their most critical data archives and specialists in tow, virtually all of their ground forces and a significant proportion of their pilots and strike craft were slain or captured in the rout, leaving Grand Moff Zsinj with an uncontested victory and a veritable hoard of captured intelligence to pore through.

In a public broadcast, Emperor Palpatine praised the Grand Moff for his "clear vision and decisive action", urging all other loyal servants of the Empire to take heart and learn well from the operation. He also retroactively authorised all the actions that Zinj had taken and, as a final flourish, promoted him to the position of Grand Moff of Oversector 11 in addition to his current duties. Such a promotion was unprecedented, making Zinj at a stroke the closest thing the Empire's highest ranks had to a 'first among equals'.

Only time would tell if such triumphs would be enough to sate his legendary ambition.

T1 - The Cutting Edge
Report Five - The Cutting Edge

The Galactic Empire envisioned itself as a totalitarian state in the most literal sense, encompassing not mere physical territory but the very thoughts and souls of its teeming population. To that end, it was not enough to merely own the present - the future, too, must be brought into compliance with the New Order, and it was this driving goal that consumed several Grand Moffs even in the immediate aftermath of Yavin's calamitous news.

Some among the Grand Moffs considered themselves to be masters of biology, disciples of physicality in all its myriad forms. For Byg Fauma, nothing exemplified the rewards of such a path like Bacta - the miraculous jelly that could restore and regenerate even the most traumatic of wounds. Control of such a substance offered wealth and influence almost beyond measure, but the Grand Moff was not yet satisfied. His open coffers drew doctors and scientists from across the galaxy, and with such genius at his command the Grand Moff issued but a single directive - make the miraculous better. More potent, more tailored, easier to manufacture and distribute… and, if certain dark rumours were to be believed, easier to withhold from those the Empire deemed undeserving. The prisons and slave camps of Emerald Banner offered no shortage of test subjects, and those scientists who felt qualms at making use of them were easy enough to replace.

Murswungle Splott, by contrast, took a more holistic approach in his research. Perfection was a road walked one step at a time, and pearls of wisdom lay ever hidden in the most unexpected places. The expansion of Bright Jewel's healthcare sector was among the largest in galactic history, aiming to provide free basic healthcare to every citizen of the oversector by the end of the decade, and while there were many who were sceptical (especially given the monumental costs involved, expenditures that threatened to strain even a Grand Moff's budget), the sentient on the street soon came to regard Splott with a near-rabid adoration. Billions strode through the doors of the Oversector's various hospitals and outposts, and wherever a new branch office was opened, seditionist activity dropped to a record low.

The sheer wealth of data generated by the project necessitated the conscription of entire continents worth of archivists and data analysts, but within a matter of months the initiative was already showing unexpected gains. A new series of cardiovascular implants and combat drugs, inspired by Zabrak physiology, was soon being rolled out across the Oversector's military forces and offered at favourable rates to Splott's allies and business partners. While the exact development process of the new technology was of course proprietary, the Grand Moff was swift to assure all who asked that it was but the first of many such projects his staff were working on, a serene smile on his face.

Far to the galactic south, Carlo Vikal received word of his peers' successes, and found himself untroubled. Let the doctors poke and prod at slabs of meat in their sterile labs - his ambitions were far grander. To shape the course of a sentient's life, after all, one must begin with its basic material needs, of which the most fundamental was food. Others might dismiss such paltry concerns as beneath them, but Carlo had always been able to see further than most, and he dreamed of planetary fields of beautiful mono-crops, harmonious patterns of grain shipments precisely tailored to the needs of the populace, a universe bent to the will of his vision. The fungi of Xagobah, the bizarre creatures of Kal'Shebbol, and the coral of Tibrin were all possessed of unmatched potential, and with his 'Seswenna Total Agricultural Review Vanguard And Throughput Intensification Order Notice', Grand Moff Vikal would see it realised.

Of course, feeding the body was not enough for the truly visionary. What use was abundant food, if the life that grew in such fields was malformed and sickly? To forestall such a dire fate from coming to pass, Vikal sponsored the development and deployment of a grand series of residential schools and educational institutes across his Oversector, where students were encouraged to live lives of near-monastic discipline in pursuit of physical perfection and self-sublimation, all under the benevolent gaze of Emperor Palpatine's magnificent statues. Initial enrollment was less enthusiastic than might have been hoped, but the Emperor himself was recorded to have expressed an interest in potentially making a visit when the first class graduated later in the year.

One reason for the limited uptake, especially among the elites of the Empire, might have been the creation of a rival path in neighbouring Chrome Shield oversector. In close cooperation with the overseers of Compnor's sub-adult group, Grand Moff Krietten was proud to sponsor the creation of the Junior Moff Aide program, where the children of prominent and patriotic citizens could gain valuable hands-on experience and connections by working in the offices and private residences of imperial officials across the Oversector and beyond. Aiming to fill the hole left by the dissolution of the Senate (and the subsequent loss of the Junior Legislature program), Krietten's program promised to teach the leaders of tomorrow all the proper military vigour and Imperial Leadership, something that appealed to the worthies of even neighbouring oversectors far more than handing over their children for indoctrination into total self-surrender and patriotic abnegation.

Others among the Empire's leadership were less interested in breaking new ground, and more in picking up the banner that those before them had so tragically allowed to fall. Wilhuff Tarkin's voice had been the deciding factor in matters military for well over a decade, and with him dead, the competition to appoint a replacement was sudden and furious. Everyone had their opinions on the proper course for the Empire's military in this time of unprecedented crisis and opportunity, but ultimately the realities of power politics took their toll, and the myriad voices and options coalesced into two competing camps.

The first was a more conservative faction, first assigned and then adopting the label of the Old Guard, saw the destruction of the Death Star as a fundamental defeat of Tarkin's belief in wunderwaffen and 'silver bullets'. The New Order had held unchallenged for more than twenty years, and what it needed now was fundamentally more of the same - more Star Destroyers, more fleet groups, more officers raised and trained in the finest traditions of the Imperial Navy to lead them. With the entrenched interests of the existing officer corps and structural advantages of the major shipyards like Bilbringi and Kuat behind them, the Old Guard offered a wealth of material and political benefits to those who sided with them - priority status in their requisition orders and enough slush-fund wealth to keep even the most hedonistic of officers living the life they were accustomed to. Grand Moffs Hargrad and Praji-Kuat were widely acknowledged as the most prominent of the Old Guard's leadership, but a great many others were known to favour the notion in their own ways.

The Firebrands, by contrast, offered only the sweetest and most intangible of prizes - glory. Championed by Clem Shacklemorr, the Firebrands argued that the last thing the Empire needed now was to fall back into its slumber. The New Order demanded decisive action, fresh blood, expansion into realms and territories so long considered beyond reach. To not merely hold but to attack; to crush Hutt cartels not mere pirate bands; to face the enemy from the bridge of a Star Destroyer and see them burning before you - this was what the Firebrands offered, and it was a tempting notion indeed.

Article:
The Old Guard roll three dice, get 2, 1 and 1. The Firebrands roll two dice, get 9 and 8. The Firebrands are victorious.

Buoyed by the visible success of the Hutt Space campaign, coupled with a vigorous campaign to seize public opinion, the Firebrands carried the day. Officers promoting their agenda were promoted to flag rank by the hundreds, already champing at the bit for the next campaign, while those with more conservative inclinations retreated to lick their wounds over a glass of finest brandy in the officer's club.

In the shadow of such vicious political knife-fighting, few paid much attention to the potential for a dark horse candidate, especially one arising in the Outer Rim. Yet Grand Moff Vicious Malorux believed himself just the man to lead such a thing, and so bent his many resources and vast legions of slaves towards picking up Tarkin's flag in a more literal fashion than most dared to imagine.

And so in the long forgotten Hoth system, the skeletal frame of a new mobile battlestation was laid down…

Grand Moff Carlo Vikal, of the New Order Duelling Society

"What is an obstacle? A threat?" Carlo wonders.

"A sword is a threat because it might kill you. It is an obstacle because it might parry your blade. Ignore why you are dying or killing. Everyone is, really." Grunt. Thrust.

"Extend the question: is it the sword or the man who is the threat? Is it the sword or room where a man with a sword that is a threat? Is it the sword or the point of the sword which is a threat? In the absence of perfect division, we must conclude that the world is the threat. But we are part of the world, so too the threat is within us." Gasp. Squeak.

"It follows then, that all properties are rightly considered properties of the world, divided for convenience and laziness. But as the world is both threat and opportunity, so too must the sword be threat and opportunity." Panting.

"In limited contexts this is obvious. The new fencer either chases the blade or the hit. The experienced fencer controls the space. But the accomplished fencer creates space, seeing opportunity where the novice saw danger." A scream. A frown. "You should have dodged that one. What would your wife think?" A shrug. "Theory alone would tell us that all problems must contain the seeds of solution, but does it apply to all contexts? How can such understanding for an army, or a government, be obtained? That is the question."

A pained silence.

"I think that pierced your lung. Come on, let me hold the bleeding down while the Bacta gets here."

Terminus Recapitalization and Pollis Massa Enhancement Initiation Notice

The Memorial Gardens of Eriadu gleam brightly at the outermost edge of Grand Moff Vikal's orbital infrastructure. Hundreds of greenhouses containing the biological wealth and history of the Oversector, a blooming, beautiful counterpart to the dozens of seed vaults and genomic archives held, maintained and expanded upon by the New Imperial Agricorps. An uncharacteristic and (perhaps) unfitting tribute to the man it memorializes. The man it must memorialize.

What else could it be for?

Hydian Agricultural Renewal Memorandum

A sigh. "What a waste."

Nothing

Last edited:
T2 Start
Turn Two Start
Deadline - Saturday 6th April

Rumours from around the Galaxy:
  • Grand Moff Trachta hosted Lord Vader for an extended period last month, a visit widely believed to have been prompted by credible rumours of the Grand Moff's disloyalty, but Lord Vader judged the reports spurious.
  • Grand Moff Tigellinius has approached the leaders of the Old Guard faction in military politics, finding them far more aligned with his interests and politics than the alternative. Rumour has it he has floated invitations to certain highly exclusive social events as a means to present a unified front.
  • Grand Moff Ravik has ceased to personally responding to any communiques or requests. His staff blandly state that he is busy with a personal project and has delegated such functions to them.

Rebel Operations

ALL OVERSECTORS
  • Hutt cartels have placed bounties on every imperial officer and official, from local administrators and base commanders on up

Oversector 3 "Steel Blade"
  • Mass protests and demonstrations have broken out on worlds across the Oversector. The populace, believing the Empire nowhere near as invincible as it previously seemed, have begun resisting even standard police actions with riots and reprisal killings.
Oversector 13 "Iron Lance"
  • The Rebel Alliance has produced a significant number of heavy support and anti-tank weapons, which are now in the hands of seditious elements somewhere in the Oversector. They are clearly preparing for a major operation, but the destruction of their factory will have limited their options.
Oversector 18 "Night Hammer"
  • It was inevitable that some would attempt to evade Grand Moff Vikal's lockdown of the hyperlanes. Most are the usual collection of local smugglers and criminal groups, but at least one patrol ship has reported a long-range contact with a small group of X-Wings escorting a Corellian YT-pattern freighter.
Oversector 1 - Azure Hammer @Palima Polevas [OS1]
  • Control: 4
  • Unrest: 3
  • Favour: 7
Oversector 2 - Green Mantle
  • Control: N/A
  • Unrest: N/A
Oversector 3 - Steel Blade @Grand Moff Vitiion Korray
  • Control: 1
  • Unrest: 4
  • Favour: 3
Oversector 4 - White Cuirass @Praji-Kuat [OS4]
  • Control: 3
  • Unrest: 2
  • Favour: 2
Oversector 5 - Shadow Hand Grand Moff Trachta (NPC)
  • Favour: N/A
Oversector 6 - Black Sword Grand Moff Bertroff Hissa (NPC)
  • Favour: N/A
Oversector 7 - Golden Nyss @Inderion Hargrad
  • Control: 2
  • Unrest: 1
Oversector 8 - Bright Jewel @GRAND MOFF MURSWUNGLE SPLOTT
  • Favour: 4
Oversector 9 - Brazen Petard - Grand Moff Rufaan Tigellinus (NPC)
Oversector 10 - Crimson Dagger @Dekutula
  • Favour: 5
Oversector 11 - Blazing Claw @Dekutula
  • Unrest: 4
Oversector 12 - Cerulean Spear @Tradum Gavax [OS12]
  • Unrest: 6
Oversector 13 - Iron Lance @Conil - Shacklemorr [OS13]
  • Favour: 4
Oversector 14 - Red Tails @Lorn Vree Taa (OS 14)
Oversector 15 - Hook Nebula Grand Moff Ravik (NPC)
Oversector 16 - Ivory Fang Grand Moff Ardus Kaine (NPC)
Oversector 17 - Chrome Shield @Bif Krietten
  • Unrest: 2
Oversector 18: Night Hammer @Carlo Vikal [OS18]
  • Control: 2
  • Favour: 0
Oversector 19: Dark Saber @Vicious Malorux [OS19]
  • Control: 4
  • Unrest 3
Oversector 20: Emerald Banner @Byg Fauma [OS20]
  • Unrest 1

Grand Moff Carlo Vikal, of the Commission for the Preservation of the New Order
"If you want to grow a garden, first you check the soil. If you want to grow an Empire, you must do the same. The food they eat, the music they listen to, the stories they tell. The people they are raised by. How could we hope to achieve a disciplined citizenry when disloyalty is invited into their homes with every errant holoreel from a bygone age, when stories are told of an era consigned to history, when they dream of heroes whose fall to treason and villainy lies just beyond the last page of their epic?

"How can we expect a loyal citizen of the Empire to come from a house stained in disloyalty? It is hardly impossible, because a disciplined will is capable of all things. But it is exceptional. We punish criminals who could only have escaped criminality by heroic effort. Such effort is to be lauded. It cannot be expected. We must do better for the next generation. We must give them the greatest soil in which to grow.

"Even if roots have a habit of being stubborn."

- Minutes from the 47th Congress of the Commission for the Preservation of the New Order, Carlo Vikal

New Order Cinema, Holoreels, & Opera Investment & Coordinating Enterprise

COMPNOR ANNOUNCES!
A NEW ORDER FOR AT-RISK YOUTH

Last edited:
Grand Moff Tradum Gavax

Turn 2

Dellalt, Tion Hegemony

TRANSMISSION START
It has been more than twenty years since the beginning of the Separatist Crisis that led to this galaxy being cleaved in twain, and in all that time, the peoples of the world known as Dac have not changed despite the open hand the Empire has offered them.

The roots of this rebellion, of course, begin with the Quarren Isolation League. As corrupt and inept as the Old Republic might have been, who truly knows how many brave men and women died under the thundering guns of warships constructed by Quarren hands on worlds such as Pammant and Mintooine? How many worlds burned?

But no matter how many weapons of war and destruction they created, they lost. And when the Empire came in peace to bring them out of the dark pit they had dug themselves into, they accepted. For a time. But it was all a lie. For many years there was prosperity, but no more than a year ago, they showed the galaxy their true colors once more. With the assistance of the Calamari, they forced Imperial peacekeeping efforts from their world. But they did not stop there.

After all, how could such horrific warmongers be content with spilling so little blood?

So they kept pushing. Civilians touring the sector, soldiers keeping the peace... the difference meant little to them. One might be critical of how easy it was for them to do this, and to that I say after so many years of order and tranquillity, how could one possibly be prepared to be stabbed in the back by such brutal, bloodthirsty foes?

Respite was only found when the Quarren, the Calamari, and the terrorists who supported them found themselves stretched thin at the borders of the Calamari Sector, and so they halted their monstrous acts and fortified their little blood-soaked fiefdom in fear of reprisal. Perhaps, if this was the extent of their crimes, there could be some measure of forgiveness offered to them. Some way to make up for these crimes and once again join the Empire and benefit from its bounty, as all other worlds in this good galaxy do. But no, they were not content with just what they had taken themselves.

From the smallest arms factory to the largest shipyard orbiting Dac, weapons and warships constructed by Calamari and Quarren hands have been found in possession of rebels, pirates, traitors and separatist scum alike across the galaxy, from the Galactic Core to the Outer Rim. If they cannot spill more blood themselves, then they are more than happy to arm others to do dirty deeds for them, no matter the origin or cause. When will it end? When will they finally have their fill of savagery?

As Grand Moff of the Maldrood Oversector, this is my response to these creatures... these monsters.

No more.

No more will your warships ambush and seize Imperial starships after executing every last crewman aboard. No more will bandits and scoundrels armed with your weapons steal from Imperial supply and aid convoys. No more will you stain the dirt of a thousand worlds with the blood of brave men and women who chose to dedicate their lives to protecting this galaxy from anarchy and disorder!

It has been a year since the loyal sons and daughters of the Empire were forced from the Calamari Sector. But now, we shall return! We shall fly up the Giblin Route and into their midst like an unstoppable storm, and we shall bring long-deserved justice to every last piece of scum that resides there! We shall not stop until all is reclaimed and at long last, the Quarren, the Calamari and all who aid them are brought to justice, and given the punishments that they deserve for their despicable crimes! I will not make the same mistakes as my predecessor, on this you have my word.

To those who wish to assist us in this grand campaign: By all means, come! Come and show those who would dare tear down all that we have built what sort of prize they will receive for their dark acts and aimless cruelty. I will personally reward each and every man and woman who dares to go beyond the line of duty, no matter their status or profession. Bring your blaster and your starship, and together we shall restore order to this corner of our galaxy!

The Calamari Campaign... no, the Calamari Crusade, shall now commence!
TRANSMISSION END

Public Announcements:
The Calamari Crusade begins! Under the combined command of Grand Admiral Josef Grunger and Grand Moff Tradum Gavax, Imperial forces that have mustered at Dellalt prepare to strike up the Giblin Route and crush all opposition in their way. May they bring swift Imperial justice to despicable aliens and rebels alike!
Aid from afar! Convoys dispatched from the Core have begun arriving in the Maldrood Oversector, bringing much-needed food and medical supplies with them in response to the ever-growing refugee crisis spawned from the destruction of Hutt Space. A welcome respite, although some analysts say that this alone will not be enough to solve this predicament, especially if the number of sentients fleeing Hutt Space does not drop significantly in the coming months...​

Last edited:
oversector 5: shadow hand
grand moff zaviya-ten krif

location unknown

There is a little black notebook that Zaviya-ten-Krif never parts with. It is the last link remaining between her and the empty field of missing archival entries, scrubbed personal records, and memories erased to the raw bone. It is why she carries it on a solid chain: inside it, there is the truth of her, and there is no weapon in the Galaxy more dangerous than truth. And that is why Zaviya-ten-Krif, who fed her past to flames and bound her future to atrocity, will stop at nothing to seize it. Because with truth alone can the Galaxy be finally set free. Because, as the first words written in that little black notebook say: "The Empire is no accident. Light and Dark. The Empire is a part of a pattern. For as long as the pattern holds, there can be no freedom. We are slaves to history."

Whenever doubt creeps in, whenever the past tries to escape from its mental sarcophagi, whenever the late hours of the night speak in the voices of betrayed friends and destroyed hopes, Zaviya-ten-Krif repeats those words to herself. She has come too far to stop. And once they are all free, it will all have been worth it. She can't stop now, or ever.

But tonight, it is not like that. Tonight, there is a galvanic charge in the air, and the tri-ref spice tastes like liquid lightning on Zaviya's tongue. Tonight, she can almost see the pattern of history drawn between the words of the after-action report on her desk. Not the one distributed to officers or commanders, not the redacted version fit for the consumption of the many; no, it is the real, full thing. To hold it in her hands alone justifies everything she did to Trachta-

-fuck, can't be thinking about that now-

-because it is a confirmation of her every fear. The Death Star, destroyed, and no good explanation of how that could come to be. Sure, she could read for days about intelligence failures, structural weakspots, bad doctrine; she could compile a list a light-year long of all the systemic failures that compounded one another until one lucky photon torpedo turned a million and a half lives into space dust and debris. But between the lines, there is that unmistakable whiff of incredulity that even the most dutiful imperial officers could hardly suppress: this should not have been possible, the Rebels should not have hit a one in a million shot. Zaviya smiles manically at that, and reaches for another bright orange pill, to push back that useless exhaustion for a moment longer. Of course the Rebels hit that shot! They too, after all, are slaves to history.

The wheel turns again, and if she is to finally break it, she needs to act quick. There has never been as little time as there is now.

With a flick of her wrist, she dismisses the report and calls a holographic display of her oversector - her, the possessive pronoun burning with sheer potential - quilted with hastily-written notes, their messy patchwork overlaid over the base stellar cartography. Her eyes hurt, and she struggles to keep them open; the lines and words blur, and the clarity she had moments ago breaks into a kaleidoscopic mess that has her head ache. How to link it all together? How to find the truth of history, before history repeats, and she becomes yet another of its victims? There is no time.

"THERE IS NO TIME!"

She is surprised by the frailty of her own shout, and exhaustion sets in in an instant. Her stomach knots on itself, and the room spins. Barely, she holds the bile in; thankfully her stomach is too empty to return anything but a vaguely rancid chemical belch.

"There is no time," she cries again.

She slumps in her chair, ready to finally rest. Which is when a loud alarm goes off, and her automatic assistant reminds her that if she wants to make it to her official investiture ceremony, she has to grab a shuttle now. For a moment, she considers skipping, and then settles on just sobbing.

OVERSECTOR 16: IVORY FANG
Grand Moff Byurroq-Raht

Turn 2

There is a man, newly promoted, who even now ponders the implications of his ascension. For he has knelt at the foot of the Throne and been held by the will of the Emperor, baring his innermost self to his liege in defiance of a lifetime of practiced dishonesty.

I want to make them have less. Of everything. Hope. Dreams. Free time. Sorrow. Expression. Aspiration. Joy. Grief. Money. Freedom.

And his reward had been ascension to become his Emperor's steadholder over one-twentieth of the Galaxy. Probably the most underdeveloped and least important twentieth of the galaxy, but it has elevated him beyond the courts of law, beyond the court of public opinion, beyond the court of his peers - now he and thirty others, the Grand Moffs and Grand Admirals, they all stand in the only court in the galaxy that truly mattered.

The court of the Emperor's opinion.

So be it. His Emperor made him lay bare the shrivelled, joyless husk of his heart.

He shall follow its desires.

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN, SO LET IT BE DONE
The Ivory Fang OverSector Personal IDentification (OSPID) Act of 19 AFE

By the order of Grand Moff Byurroq-Raht of Oversector 16, Ivory Fang, so ordered:
It is hereby recognised that in the wake of the Yavin Atrocity a constant and consistent need for the positive identification of all Imperial Citizens within the Oversector has arisen.
It is hereby recognised that in order to provide the safety, security, justice and peace promised to the Imperial Citizenry by the New Order it is imperative to separate the Just from the Guilty, the Imperial from the Rebel, the Refugee from the Infiltrator.
It is hereby recognised that the issuance of personal identification to be carried by all permanent residents of Oversector 16 is to begin at once.
It is hereby recognised that nonpermanent residents and itinerants of Oversector 16 be issued a temporary Personal Identification card conferring upon them the rights and responsibilities to interact with citizens of Oversector 16.

The Ivory Fang Educational Reform Act of 19 AFE

By the order of Grand Moff Byurroq-Raht of Oversector 16, Ivory Fang, so ordered:
It is hereby recognised that a critical necessity exists to enhance and bring in line the political and historical education of current and future generations.
It is hereby recognised that for the sake of instilling Correct Thought in line with the strictures of COMPNOR, a new and enhanced curriculum for political and historical studies shall be instituted forthwith in all educational facilities of Oversector 16.
It is hereby recognised that for the sake of inculcating proper respect to the Galactic Emperor, a daily pledge of allegiance by all students aged 6 to 99 to His August Majesty the Emperor Sheev Palpatine shall henceforth be mandatory.

The Ivory Fang Legal Reform Acts of 19 AFE

It is hereby recognised that the need to efficiently streamline the legal codes of Oversector 16 exists
It is hereby recognised that frivolity and impropriety distract the Citizenry from Correct Thought and Correct Action whereby it is decreed that a new body of officers of the law shall be raised to encourage adherence to the social expectations of the New Order
It is hereby recognised that the Oversector must contribute more to the galactic economy in the wake of the Yavin Atrocity whereby it is decreed that a sweeping change of workplace regulations be put into place impacting but not limited to Oversectorial minimum wage, maternity leave and workplace safety standards.
It is hereby recognised that the Oversector's industries must continue to adhere to the standards of production quality expected of the Galactic Empire whereby a new office of inspectors shall be raised to oversee industrial entities.
It is hereby recognised that the tax and inheritance codes of Oversector Sixteen are outdated and in need of restructuring whereby it is decreed that any and all permanent citizens educate themselves upon these new laws.

Last edited:
Yesterday, the Hutts put a price on every imperial skull in the galaxy, and Murswungle Splott the First is having a tremendous day.

He had sprung up this morning practically dancing on tip-toes, energetic as a far-younger man. New, improved lungs drew fresh air through the grand windows of his Mantellan estate and the grand music of one of his wife's projects echoed through the halls. The servants had cooked up a fully acceptable breakfast with some rather nice wine, and he traipsed through the corridors to his wife's solarium with a glass.

They shared it as she tuned the vocal cords of today's instrument, which was very romantic.

Thirty five minutes past dawn found him in his office, slightly late due to listening to his wife's latest composition. An adjutant provided an abbreviated report on security threats due to the Hutt bounty, which he dismissed out of hand. No reason to start the day on a bad note, after all.

Some new promotions. A pity about the spate of dead grand moffs, but such was the price of greatness. He idly thumbed over the dossiers on the new Moffs, and while his smile never wavered he did give a disapproving harrumph when he saw Raht had made it up. He'd never admit to disliking the joyless little man, but the glorified pencil-pusher had never gotten it. Why they were all up here.

Still, he could overlook it.

His third adjutant brought the traditional family update. Murswungle the Second was angling for a promotion to propaganda in general, rather than merely censorship. He'd have to provide an opportunity at the Empire Day Celebrations, the boy was certainly getting old enough to move up in the world. Perfaniva was settling in well-oooh, and she was visiting next week. Lovely, though she should have mentioned it in the family call yesterday. Perhaps she was attempting a surprise? He'd have to have a counter-surprise ready when she arrived. A new car, maybe.

And then there was Rursmurler. Evidently most of the medical schools he'd applied to were fixing to send back rejection notices, the silly boy had obfuscated who he was during the application process. Splott admired the idea there, grumbling agreeably as he looked over the reports. Rursmurler's grades were fine, if a bit lower than he claimed, just not genius, as the top flight schools he applied to demanded. Still, best to encourage this little burst of individuality. Splott gave an order to have a stormtrooper terrorize the appropriate admissions offices into changing their verdicts to an acceptance.

He called for brunch: Whaladon meat finger sandwiches, priceless after Dac's little rebellion. He let the servants have his leftovers as a rare treat then turned his eye to the affairs of empire.

Lorn Free Taa had recognized his genius, which was pleasant, but was woefully unambitious with his plans. Glorified womp rats for a game preserve? With his talents? Preposterous. A waste of his time to even consider but, well, the lad was young and clearly not of scientific mindset. He reminded Splott of Rursmurler, really, and it was hard to hold it against the lad.

So instead of punishing the kid for his failure of imagination, Splott had opted to fulfill the spirit of his request. In an improved, more scientifically useful manner. After all, perfection of the human form would require several innovations, and there was no reason this…hunting park couldn't fund a step on that ladder.

Which brought him to the broken thing being dragged before him in chains. It had been a minor functionary at some point. Then the poor fool had submitted an anonymous complaint protesting the new surveillance policies and threatening to go to the press.

Now it was seven feet tall, corded with muscle, with skin that resembled a Wampa and far more aggression than its tortured mind knew how to handle. It snarled at home, the stump of its left arm straining at its chains.

"Oh this looks very promising," said Splott, thrumming his steepled fingers against each other, "I like the nose. Very bestial. Very Wompa. Will the lab-grown versions look like it? And have you had the meat tasted?"

"The production models should be identical to anything but a full vivisection, Grand Moff. We've cooked the arm, but haven't fed it to anyone yet. Would you like it with supper, Grand Moff?" asked the adjutant.

"Oh dear no," said Splott in abject disgust, "That thing's a person. Feed it to the prisoners, then get the first batch ready for Empire Day. And take the evening off, this is splendid work."

Perhaps he should get Lorn a gift, thought Splott as the chained thing was dragged away. Growing a species from spare parts wouldn't have been on his radar were it not for the impertinent request, and would be a fascinating avenue to explore on the route to perfection.

Designer drugs were an option, but he was giving the good stuff to Byg at the next Mofference. He'd had a stash of Alderaanian Heathroot that was now near priceless, and the horrifying death that came with withdrawal would surely interest the other Moff. It wouldn't do to just give Lorn a worse version of the same gift. Guns would be gauche, he was already giving Praji an art piece, Shacklemorr a full set of Arc Trooper armor, and he didn't take the Taas as fans of personal genetic modification…

Whaladon meat. It seemed precisely his style, and the next Mofference would be well before any potential siege of Dac had finished. If Gavax failed, it would be as irreplaceable a gift as the Alderaanian drugs. If he succeeded, it would be the last time Whaladon meat was so valuable a gift to enjoy.

The realization was so delightful that Splott found himself humming through the rest of the workday.

Last edited:
Archival recording of a Corporate Sector Authority Direx Board meeting, 0ABY. From 'The Ultimate Guide to Moffs of the Empire: Volume 2'

"GentlePrexes of the board," the hologram begins. Zsinj's immensity is difficult to capture properly in holoform, and this one is no exception. His mustache quivers as he speaks, a flurry of artifacting following its every sudden movement. "My apologies for being unable to meet you directly in this trying time. I hope you understand."

After a pause, the Grand Moff continues. "As you can imagine, after the recent events at Yavin - which have thankfully been put to a stop without much issue - the current mood surrounding independent enclaves is quite worried. You have seen, I imagine, how this has played out elsewhere in the Galaxy quite recently. Now, neither you nor I would like a repeat of the events in Huttspace - it would put quite a damper on your profits, would it not? So, I've come before you today with an offer. One in which we all win, I hope." Zsinj gives a toothy smile. "We appreciate, of course, the inclusion of the Imperial Advisor within your governance, but it may be, ahem, time to amend the terms of this agreement. To ameliorate concerns that the Authority may be hosting rebel forces and other such dissidents outside of our reach."

Zsinj pauses again, letting the statement stew before pressing onward.

"As a show of loyalty, the Corporate Sector Authority will allow the Empire to take the place of one of the Direx - and by extension the corporation itself - on the Board. You have-" He checks his wrist with an exaggerated motion "-a standard week to come to your decision. If you don't, well..." Zsinj shrugs, "I prefer the sickle to the mallet, unlike Shacklemorr, but I am well capable of using both. I look forward to your response."

Back