Dark Greetings (Star Wars GSRP)

GRAND MOFF
Praises-the-Extinction-of-False-Doctrines Pafano
The Jedihunter General
(self-appointed)

Brothers! Sisters! Siblings of indeterminate gender, if such are among our fold! The news that reach us are dire indeed - and I speak not just of the disaster at Yavin. No, far be it for me to see our temporal defeats as a catastrophe, for ours is the righteousness of the New Order and the rejection of the crimes and blasphemies of those false prophets, of those priests of filth, those merchants of deceit: the Jedi. Nay, I say, if all our fleets were to be cast into hearts of ten thousand suns, if all our soldiers were to fall upon rebel guns, we would still be victorious, for we are the bearers of the Truth, and ours is the clarion call of freedom that the whole Galaxy wakes up to: the odious Jediism is no more, and out of the darkness of false doctrine we emerge into the gentle light of a new dawn of faith, brotherhood (sisterhood, siblinghood), and peace no longer spoiled by those witches, those warlocks, those evil souls!

No! I was called to the Mofference as the speaker of Truth, and so the Truth I shall speak unto you: I grieve not for Yavin, for the dire news we receive is not our loss, but the fact we allowed the viper of Jediism to grow in our very heart! The one we called the Emperor, the man we thought our leader: reports are undeniable now that he, too, was a follower of the Jedi faith! And this is why we have lost! This is why so many Imperial mothers now cry for their lost sons (daughters, gender non-specific children). We have followed Jediism unwittingly! Not even our hearts were a fortress strong enough to protect us from the lies and manipulations of Jediistic malfeasance!

But rejoice! In the blood of our sin, we are washed, and scales fall from our eyes at last. Now we know truly the cause of our defeat: and thus also the one way forward towards not just victory, but rather the New Order fulfilled. For too long we have allowed the Jedi among our midst. Now comes the time to lead their evil towards extinction. So raise a cheer with me, for it is our shared struggle. And remain vigilant! For I worry that there may even be Jedi among our midst, right here, right now.

Look, just give me any oversector, the galaxy really could use the Jedifinder General.

Kanne nodding sagely and going "Yes, (((Jedi))) lurk among us"

Excuse me MADAM but it is the JEDI WAY to see our many species as DIVIDED. Under the New Order, we are all equal, having finally overthrow the yoke of Jediism and its many foolish superstitions. And so I must ask you MADAM do you not believe in the New Order? Are you, perhaps, a JEDI?

"High Human Culture is the bedrock of our Galactic Empire, our NEW ORDER is built on the hierarchy of peoples. How DARE you accuse me of being a (((JEDI))). A (((Jedi))) is a creature of xenomixing with no culture and no fashion who is given to elevating even Anti-Human beings above true blooded HUMANS."

"In fact, that you deny the obvious superiority of the Human race makes you SUSPECT. Very SUSPECT indeed. We will have to get your measurements to see where your TRUE LOYALTIES lie..."

I think it is worth clarifying here, given several of the applications to date... this isn't a game for Steely-Eyed Officers who lead the way with Ruthless Pragmatism and promote Order And Safety on the world they rule.

Don't get me wrong there are probably people in the Empire who genuinely just believe in order and stability and are rationally pursuing those goals etc... but not at this kind of rank. Remember, if you're a Grand Moff, its because an evil space wizard decided you should get the job. As a general rule of thumb, if I can't look at your character pitch and identify what charges the New Republic will hit you with in the post-war tribunals, then you aren't getting into the game.

Consider, for example, the epitome of that kind of character - the late, unlamented Wilhuff Tarkin. A man of ambition and drive, but also discipline and focus, who believed in a world ruled more by fear of force than force itself. A straight-edged man who might, at best, sit back after a long day at the head of his armies and enjoy a nice glass of brandy while listening to classical music.

Wilhuff Tarkin's idea of a fun weekend break is taking a dozen elite mercenaries and hunting Darth Vader like he's on safari.

That's the standard you gotta aim for here.

Name: Carlo Vikal
Elevator Pitch: A Fascist Who Likes The Jedi (But Doesn't Understand Them)
Oversector: Doesn't Matter, but preferably Near The Core
Aesthetic: Obsession with individual excellence, Discipline and the ordered society, Is the whole swords thing some sort of sublimated desire or what

I genuinely don't remember the source for this, sorry, I've had it saved for years.

Carlo is a younger man, by the standards of Moffs. He dresses humbly. His personal vices are, surprisingly, few - some stimulants, his personally sponsored dueling society. He talks brightly and energetically about human potential and discipline and oh dear he's just caused another hundred thousand deaths in an urban renewal project.

Ah well. Such is the price of progress. Carlo is a great believer in progress, and rationalism- and somehow, for a Grand Moff, very interested in the Jedi. They were, of course, backwards, superstitious traitors, and he hates them for having hoarded their secret training techniques such that he, Carlo, had to put so much effort into reverse engineering them. He's never met a Jedi, of course, but his intellect and determined effort have yielded fruit - as have the continuous biological enhancements pushing him towards the form of a perfect man. He is a man of reason, discipline and science, unburdened by the attachments that so often lead even his fellow Grand Moffs astray from their great work of Empire. He's sure Emperor Palpatine agrees with him: after all, how else could a man rise to such unprecedented heights, and why else would Carlo himself have been plucked from the masses of functionaries and bureaucrats to such lofty office? His salvaging of the squandered Jedi teachings must be valued.

It couldn't be that Palpatine loves the sight of a man who might be mistaken for a younger Anakin Skywalker ordering the deaths of millions with a gentle smile. That would be absurd.

Assets:
Name: New Order Duelling Society (NODS)
Description: Part country club, part bloodsport, this formerly minor aristocratic pastime has blossomed into a notable, though hardly dominant, element of the upper-crust society of the oversector, as men flock to prove their masculinity and that they actually deserve the vast wealth and leisure their position affords them and women- well, there aren't many in the duels themselves.
Public Description: As above, though the particulars of what might be done or talked about in private duelling salles are understandably unknown.
Nature: Criminal Order

Name: The New Imperial Agricorps
Description: Nothing can devastate a world or elevate a scientist quite like agriculture. The pristine grids and circles and vast terraforming projects of the Imperial Agricorps - no relation to the woefully inefficient and conservative Jedi Agricorps - is where Carlo first found success and fortune, and remains the foundation of his personal influence. The mentality of people being subservient to farms might not have created Carlo's particular obsessions. But they sure didn't help.
Public Description: The steadfast providers of food! Who could doubt the loyalty or necessity of the humble farmers and brilliant scientists working to keep the masses (and Coruscant) fed? Statistics on crop production? Nevermind that.
Nature: Wealth Order

Last edited:
No! I was called to the Mofference as the speaker of Truth, and so the Truth I shall speak unto you: I grieve not for Yavin, for the dire news we receive is not our loss, but the fact we allowed the viper of Jediism to grow in our very heart! The one we called the Emperor, the man we thought our leader: reports are undeniable now that he, too, was a follower of the Jedi faith! And this is why we have lost! This is why so many Imperial mothers now cry for their lost sons (daughters, gender non-specific children). We have followed Jediism unwittingly! Not even our hearts were a fortress strong enough to protect us from the lies and manipulations of Jediistic malfeasance!
Wait did you just call the Emperor a Jedi? Publicly? On a broadcast?

Bold decision....

Grand Moff Vicious Malorux
Ever since he was but a child, Malorux always wished to be evil.

Born a slave in the torture-pits of Orvax IV, Malroux used a combination of hard work, boyish wit and can-do attitude to earn his freedom and become the right-hand man of the torture pit's painmaster-general, taking a great delight in personally overseeing the various tortures inflicted on his former enslaved compatriots. Though the prospect of one day becoming painmaster-general or perhaps even controlling every torture-pit on Orvax IV, Malorux always held higher ambitions, for he knew destiny held greater things in store. No mere sadist, Malorux was born in evil, moulded by it and utterly fascinated by its nature. He must come to know evil intimately and explicitly by becoming its one true embodiment, etch himself into the mind of every sentient being in the galaxy until the name Vicious Malorux and the word "evil" are the same.

Naturally, his next move was to enlist in the imperial military. His enthusiasm and experience with torture and repression quickly endeared him to the local garrison commander and would slowly work his way up the ranks of the imperial military, earning himself a nasty face-wide burn scar thanks to a close encounter with a rebel bomb leaving him with a generally "ghoul-like" complexion which he uses to further intimidate his enemies. Recognized by the Emperor after a particularly creative (and cruel) bout of mass-execution he was promoted to Grand Moff, given a snazzy and ominous black cape of his own design and quickly set out to make the lives of the people in his sector as much of a living hell as possible, all for the glory of the empire. He delights in knowing the people under his rule curse his name as the epitome of evil, but it is not enough: one day, the entire galaxy will know and fear the name Vicious Malorux.

(I'll claim Oversector 19 but really don't have any particular preference.)

Last edited:
I think it is worth clarifying here, given several of the applications to date... this isn't a game for Steely-Eyed Officers who lead the way with Ruthless Pragmatism and promote Order And Safety on the world they rule.

Don't get me wrong there are probably people in the Empire who genuinely just believe in order and stability and are rationally pursuing those goals etc... but not at this kind of rank. Remember, if you're a Grand Moff, its because an evil space wizard decided you should get the job. As a general rule of thumb, if I can't look at your character pitch and identify what charges the New Republic will hit you with in the post-war tribunals, then you aren't getting into the game.

Consider, for example, the epitome of that kind of character - the late, unlamented Wilhuff Tarkin. A man of ambition and drive, but also discipline and focus, who believed in a world ruled more by fear of force than force itself. A straight-edged man who might, at best, sit back after a long day at the head of his armies and enjoy a nice glass of brandy while listening to classical music.

Wilhuff Tarkin's idea of a fun weekend break is taking a dozen elite mercenaries and hunting Darth Vader like he's on safari.

actually, speaking of the New Republic, how long is the game looking to last and how long are the turns in universe?

actually, speaking of the New Republic, how long is the game looking to last and how long are the turns in universe?

Each turn will probably represent about half a year, maybe?

The end point is when Palpatine dies or is overthrown. At that point we start looking at epilogues, in grand "where are they now" fashion. Some of you will be dead, others will be warlords ruling over successor states, and still others will be enjoying a nice retirement on a tropical beach somewhere.

Guess I can change my app a bit

I was planning on going the sorta insane straight man whose orders bring about like a lot of fridge horror stuff. Like for example I had the idea that "he wouldn't like slavery" but since he's working for the evil space Nazis and is slightly insane he tries to buy up as many slaves as he can resettling them into mining colonies where while they may be somewhat emancipated can't afford to escape the planet accidentally creating a slave economy.

Guess I can change my app a bit

I was planning on going the sorta insane straight man whose orders bring about like a lot of fridge horror stuff. Like for example I had the idea that "he wouldn't like slavery" but since he's working for the evil space Nazis and is slightly insane he tries to buy up as many slaves as he can resettling them into mining colonies where while they may be somewhat emancipated can't afford to escape the planet accidentally creating a slave economy.

Your app as it exists is probably fine, in that there's a clear strain of monstrosity under all that conviction, what with the "walking through the ruins" vibe.

I don't need all the applicants to be frothing lunatics (though there ought to be some) but they all need, as I said, something I can point to and say "Yeah ok that right there is why the Rebellion wants you, personally, dead."

The Illustrious Urkham Pestage

A man of proud bearing, holder of a prestigious name, and equipped with a voice practically designed for screeching, Urkham Pestage considers himself a man of impeccable taste and unrivaled vision. Very little of that has translated into his political career, to his consternation. For years he has served as his uncle's personal voice in the politics of Crituic, ensuring that the homeworld of the grand and magnificent Pestage family cleaves to the views and opinions of its greatest son. For years this was his lot in life; sipping expensive drinks from his even more expensive pool while cracking the metaphorical—and at times literal—whip to ensure nobody on the planet got any funny ideas. Yes indeed, Crituic ran like clockwork. And the times it didn't, well, theres always a ditch to dump a corpse into, as they say in the Outer Rim. As a reward for his service over the decades Urkham was elevated to the position of Grand Moff of Oversector Nine five years before Yavin as the result of political maneuvering by his uncle, Sate Pestage, and all of which came as a great surprise to Urkham, who famously received the news in the middle of a lavish party while an epidemic burned its way through the slums.

Urkham, who never expected to be anything more than the tender to his uncles power, a task in which he barely had to do anything, took this news with a remarkable confidence despite his general lack of qualifications. And while he has perhaps been taking a bit more medication than his doctors would recommend since becoming Grand Moff, and may have lost what little hair he had, and may have collapsed that one time the Emperor toured through the area, Urkham has nevertheless taken to the position like a fish to water. Never before has he received such a grand, practically limitless power in his life, and it has awoken a deep hunger within him. He will say anything, do anything, and kill anyone not only to maintain his position, but rise even higher.

Thats all anyone really needs in the Empire. Ambition, and the willingness to pursue it to the cold dark corners of the universe.

Desired Oversector: Nine, otherwise known as Brazen Petard.

Last edited:
Grand Moff Lorn Vree Taa

There is rot at the heart of the Empire, and he is the living proof.

It amazes him, sometimes. That so many can't see something so obvious, or that they do see and just lie. They praise his accomplishments as a duelist and martial artist, speak admiringly of his work with law enforcement and the security forces. Like he's ever fought battles that mattered. Like he's ever overcome enemies worthy of the name. Like anything he's achieved was for any reason other than having a father who was a friend of the Emperor before he was the Emperor.

It's all the same, the same softness and luxury and weakness that ruled the Republic. Even the military, the Army and the Fleet, the warriors who won the Clone Wars are gone, dead or decrepit. And what has replaced them? Swaggering toy soldiers, weaklings who unleash the most overengineered technological terrors credits can purchase on backwater bandits and call themselves soldiers.

It's why he removed himself from the Core, willingly took a position in the Outer Rim, away from the luxuries and decadence, where there is still danger, still difficulties to be overcome, shabby and pathetic ones but it might be enough, he might be able to remake himself, to be more than a spoiled child pretending to be warrior.

Might.

Requested Oversectors: Red Tails, Hook Nebula or Cerulean Spear

Last edited:
Grand Moff Psuedonia Physiencant

elevator pitch: pseudoscience and Schliemann level archeology for the good of the empire

Psuedonia was always fascinated by the past, not the false past of course, propagandized by the vile republic and the traitor Jedi, but the True, Unquestionable past, where humanity was the first sentient species, as befits its status, and other species and indeed modern so called "humans" (a sad degeneration of the species that can only be rectified by the Order found in the Empire) created by the Vile, Traitorous Jedi who sought to destroy the natural inheritors of the universe by dividing what was once one species (true humanity) into countless weaker new species (modern humanity and aliens, who in fact share a common ancestor in true humans). Indeed to justify this they created such myths as "Rakata" and "Couroscant" (a planet brought to prominence by the Jedi in order to hide humanity's true point of origin, now redeemed by its status in the New Order) but all is not lost! Psuedonia is dedicated to finding the Truth of history! And to discover the birthplace of life no matter how many Vile Treasonous temples must be detonated (to find the true temples underneath that they were made to cover up of course), or how many life forms (so called "humans" and the Jedi creations) must be dissected and experimented on!

With this work, the birthplace of life shall be found! The Lies of history shall be removed! And the Truth of the Jedi and of all life shall be proven to the Vile, Treasonous doubters! And finally the New Order will become unassailable as humanity (and it's various subspecies) shall return to their heritage and the Treasonous and Vile ideas of rebellion shall be forgotten!

Preferred oversector, 5 is ideal since it's in the deep core but if that's not available I can take any that aren't too important

Grand Moff Sohpa Rawno

If there was an award for corrupt Imperial officials, Grand Moff Rawno would have stolen it and sold it for credits so he could bet it on the outcome of orphan knife fights. One would think someone as illustrious and powerful as a Grand Moff would have little need for the greater galactic criminal underworld save for as a diversion or greater subversive tactic, and they would largely be right. But Sohpa Rawno is not your average Grand Moff. Formerly a mere underling in the Hutt Cartel, Sohpa would find himself entering Imperial politics as a patsy in a larger scheme. He was intended to have been a mere scapegoat, but Sohpa found that rank criminality could still serve him well even as a member of the "legitimate" authority.

Ever one to hunger for yet higher status and more opulent luxuries, Sohpa would break free of Hutt control and throw himself higher and higher in the chain of command. All the while climbing a ladder of assassinations, smuggling, blackmail, and other floutings of Imperial regulation. A corrupting influence in the extreme, Sohpa managed to spin together a criminal network that stretched across the Oversector and linked up with old "friends" in the Hutt Cartel. Leveraging sector-wide crime sprees Sopha himself manufactured to paint his predecessor as incompetent, Sohpa publically dismantled some of the criminal operations he had himself set up. Turning his once allies in the Hutt Syndicate into the same scapegoats they once sought to make of him. Earning him the ire of the Hutts and the approval of the Emperor, who promoted Sohpa onto that final rung of Grand Moff.

Now Sohpa sits atop a crooked Oversector sharing space with the Hutt Cartels, trapped in the same hell every successful crime boss finds themselves in. Surrounded with luxury and power, yet forever unable to enjoy any of it. Grand Moff Rawno is stressed beyond belief about the imminent revenge of the Hutts, the remains of his criminal empire merging with his Oversector command, and the potential attentions of Darth Vader should his flagrant corruption ever catch up with him.

Preferred Oversectors: 13, 14, 4

Grand Moff Morz Gatlab

The same things play out from planet to planet, species to species. Animals in all their base instincts and primitive nature exercise unadulterated freedom. They scramble around in the wilderness, all out for themselves in all against all. But to survive, some choose to give up their freedom, to move in packs. This is the first step. Next comes rough social units, then tribes, then countries, then nations, then a planet. All increasingly unified, all increasingly controlled. The Empire and it's glorious Emperor are only a natural consequence of progress. An unavoidable fate for the rest of the Galaxy.

Free will is a privilege. Autonomy a luxury to be earned, rather than freely distributed. Or at least, that's how Grand Moff Gatlab sees things. To Morz, the march of progress is the march to centralization, the concentration of all power within the hands of a singular authority. Democracy is a sick joke, the 'rule of the masses' a nauseating concept. Morz' career has been defined by his desire to reduce as much autonomy and inefficency from those underneath his administration, his competence and sick ruthlessness in doing so seeing him climb higher and higher. Eventually, some of his more 'out there' proposals in behavior control and population manipulation would find it's way to the desk of the Emperor. Impressed with the ideas this mad Moff could cook up, Paplatine elevated Morz in a move that many might see as boring. On the outside, Morz Gatlab is the ideal bureaucrat, if a particularly heavy-handed one.

Unfortunately for everyone else, Morz has just been handed all the resources he could ever wish to implement his crazed designs for a galaxy devoid of free will, enslaved in mind and body to a singular authority. No matter what, this twisted mind will not rest until he can see his "Automatic Citizen", the ideal imperial drone devoid of nothing but obedience to the Empire, become a galaxy-wide reality.

Preferred Oversectors: Any

Grand Moff Davrel Kluud

Elevator Pitch:
Core nepo baby with a "patriotic" (they primarily target non-humans) secret society/organized crime syndicate

Biography: A proud scion of Corulag, Davrel was born into a family of wealthy business magnates, whose outsized influence and success owed much not only to their descent from some of the first Coruscanti colonists to settle the planet, but also their ties to organized crime. Davrel would easily follow in this tradition even as he joined the Corulag Academy in search of a lucrative commission and eventual political career, proving a capable businessman but a far better crime boss. In particular, the strict hierarchy and arcane ranks of the Corulag Brotherhoods proved as irresistible a fascination for the status hungry Davrel as their ancient, Pius Dea derived beliefs regarding other sentient beings catered to his own sense of superiority and self importance. A keen opportunist, Darvel would spy which way the wind was blowing early and swiftly move to align himself with the rising star of the militarists within the Republic, and Sheev Palpatine in particular. Whilst serving without much distinction in the Clone Wars as a Fleet Officer and later Admiral, Davrel would ruthlessly weaponize his underground contacts to "aid the war effort", primarily through intimidation of those with means into contributing to Palpatine aligned election campaigns and efforts, vicious attacks directed against peace activists and other dissidents, and sabotage of "separatist" (alien owned) businesses, which he naturally moved in to "secure".

Unsurprisingly, this thuggish ruthlessness made Davrel a natural fit for Palpatine's New Order and COMPNOR, and his constant work for the cause saw his star steadily rise higher until finally culminating in a promotion to Grand Moff. Now as far along the food chain as he can ever realistically rise (for now), Grand Moff Kluud finds himself with simultaneously less and more oversight than ever, a concerning conundrum, but one he is confident in navigating. All he has to do is simply produce better reports than his peers while greasing the wheels and keeping everything running smoothly below.

Oversector: Any

Last edited:
I have modified my app so that his ruthleness is more apparent. Is it better ?

Having checked it again, the character as presented is a viable Grand Moff, yes.

That said, I do want to double check - how deliberate is the hypocrisy? Because I can absolutely believe there are men who would think of themselves as good leaders ushering in peace and prosperity while countersigning laws to reintroduce slavery and send dissenters to the death camps, but it is worth checking that this is what you are aiming for.

My character thinks he's a good man, but if the price of making his supersector prosperous is sending criminals and rebels to work until they die for the good of his people and his territory, then he will pay it.

I don't really know how to explain it better, my first language is not English so it's a bit complicated to explain.

Recruitment is still open and will be until next week sometime, but for my own reference I went through and totalled up the various applicants and what Oversector they put down as their first choice:

Sector 4 = 1 applicant
Sector 5 = 2 applicants
Sector 8 = 1 applicant
Sector 9 = 2 applicants
Sector 11 = 1 applicant
Sector 13 = 1 applicant
Sector 14 = 2 applicants
Sector 15 = 1 applicant
Sector 17 = 1 applicant
Sector 18 = 1 applicant
Sector 19 = 3 applicants
Sector 20 = 2 applicants
Any/Unspecified = 4 applicants

Now to be clear I'm making no guarantees for those Oversectors with just one applicant, we're already hitting the stage of having more applicants than there are Grand Moffs, but it's definitely interesting to see where the distribution ends up.

For example, for some mysterious reason, nobody wants to be the guy in charge of Palpatine's own Oversector! Shocking, really.

It's because I already have another GSRP character that's obsessed with Coruscant and I want to branch out >: V

Back