Crossing Lines (Now With More Lines|Open)

Starting PC Time Origin

• One of Us (Same Time)

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Great Scott Marty! (Different TImes)

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
My intention if the guns can't take it down, two trained fighters might be able to hold it down/subdue it and allow someone to get a more exact or precise hit or something. As opposed to if shooting fails and it starts rampaging while people fire around running the risk of hitting other people

My intention if the guns can't take it down, two trained fighters might be able to hold it down/subdue it and allow someone to get a more exact or precise hit or something. As opposed to if shooting fails and it starts rampaging while people fire around running the risk of hitting other people
Still not sure how that will work. If anything, that make shooting harder. The more you get up into its face, the easier it is for the gunners to accidentally hit you.

Not to mention, given what it's doing to the door, you'll have more luck trying to hold down a gorrila with your hands.

Still not sure how that will work. If anything, that make shooting harder. The more you get up into its face, the easier it is for the gunners to accidentally hit you.

Not to mention, given what it's doing to the door, you'll have more luck trying to hold down a gorrila with your hands.
I mean, if you're holding something down then it would be easier for a gunner to come up an shoot something vulnerable. But like you're saying, anything strong enough to bust through doors is probably going to be fairly difficult to concretely pin without a lot of people, proper tools, or other factors (like superpowers).

I mean, if you're holding something down then it would be easier for a gunner to come up an shoot something vulnerable. But like you're saying, anything strong enough to bust through doors is probably going to be fairly difficult to concretely pin without a lot of people, proper tools, or other factors (like superpowers).
I feel like if you're struggling and wrestling with something, you're just likely to get shot as the thing you're holding down.

I feel like if you're struggling and wrestling with something, you're just likely to get shot as the thing you're holding down.

Looking to push the IC along tonight. Thanks for everyone's patience.

And to the discussion:
I'd suggest the PC party use the threshold as a funnel for whatever NPC threats push through. Even with the door thrown off its hinges, the hole made is only large enough to allow single file passage. Additionally, do not forget about that other door :o behind you.

I'd suggest the PC party use the threshold as a funnel for whatever NPC threats push through. Even with the door thrown off its hinges, the hole made is only large enough to allow single file passage. Additionally, do not forget about that other door :o behind you.
My plan is to fall back through that door once they bust down this door and keep shooting as we move. Suddenly that stop sounding viable anymore.

Just read IC, and goddamn does this look like a tight spot.

One thing I didn't understand though @SchwerPunk'd, the door flew into one of the closets? Do you mean the maintenance closet? Because the IC says there's two closets, and the other one is the bathroom...

Also, I just realized something; when I first woke up, did I have my backpack and messenger bag already worn, or were they lying on the ground?

Just read IC, and goddamn does this look like a tight spot.

One thing I didn't understand though @SchwerPunk'd, the door flew into one of the closets? Do you mean the maintenance closet? Because the IC says there's two closets, and the other one is the bathroom...

Also, I just realized something; when I first woke up, did I have my backpack and messenger bag already worn, or were they lying on the ground?

The maintenance closet. The locked doors of which have been junked by the flying door, allowing access to it.

And all equipment mentioned in the profile is being treated as if it was on the PC's person. I leave it up to the player to decide.

Once everything of seeming importance was in hand, Fritz then bolted for what seemed to be the only possible escape: a door on the opposite end of the cart leading away from their impending doom. Experimentally but quickly pushing the door - just in case it was unlocked by some miracle - he immediately takes out the key ring and finds the opener to unlock it if necessary. As soon as the door is open, he does a final look around the cabin to confirm what was going on to himself, as well as to make sure all his personal belongings were with him, and shouts a suggestion to his peers.
I don't think this action is possible, because the maintenance doors were just destroyed. Besides, why would your character think that a maintenance closet is going to lead anywhere, but a claustrophobic and closed space with dimensions similar to those of the bathroom, which has only one exit, the one through which you came?
The world exploded mid-sentence. Or at least, in did for whatever poor saps had been standing in front and around the door. With an ear-wrenching squeal, the object was knocked off its twisted hinges and became a DIY missile. The former entrance sailed across the length of the aisle, whatever stood before it was unceremoniously tossed to either side, leaving things broken and battered in a heap in the piles of luggage or cardboard boxes. Ending its abrupt life as a projectile in the Maintenance alcove, the former door burrowed itself deep into the closet door.

@SchwerPunk'd
I wanted to question a certain contradiction here, because my choice of cover depends on it.
Beside the many windows of the car, out of which an inky blackness is all that is seen, two closet-like spaces jut out from the walls. Above one, a labeled sign reading 'Maintenance Personnel Only' hangs down loosely. The other seems to be a one-man bathroom, the door to which stands slightly ajar.
Ending its abrupt life as a projectile in the Maintenance alcove, the former door burrowed itself deep into the closet door.
Is it an alcove, which would be weird on a metro car, or does it jut out of of the walls, which would make sense inside a narrow Metro Car and provide a good cover, much better than one provided by chairs?

Also, is this mental map of the car accurate?

[..C............................................ ___...................................................E,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,E - Entrance with mutants C - Chairs Eb - Blocked entrance
[..C.....C..........C.....C........C.....C..[.B.][..C.....C..........C.....C........C.....C?],,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,? - intercom,,,,,,,,,,,,[M] ------- The MaintenanceCloset ,,,,,,,,___
[..C.....C....Eb..C.....C..Eb..C.....C..[....]..C.....C....Eb..C.....C..Eb..C.....C..],,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,[....].........................................................[.B.] ----- The bathroom
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,[....]

Because if so, how did the door from the entrance hit the door to the closet, if they weren't facing each other? Shouldn't they have hit the wall of the closet instead? I am not nitpicking, just I have problem with imagining the situation we are in right now.

Last edited:
I don't think this action is possible, because the maintenance doors were just destroyed. Besides, why would your character think that a maintenance closet is going to lead anywhere, but a claustrophobic and closed space with dimensions similar to those of the bathroom, which has only one exit, the one through which you came?
I'm not trying to go into the maintenance closet. I don't know if I misunderstood something, but I was trying to go through the door the GM brought up behind us.
That door. I don't know if it has to be broken down or what, but I'm trying to get through that door.

That door. I don't know if it has to be broken down or what, but I'm trying to get through that door.
I am even more confused now, because the opening post stated:
Through all of these sights, a faint banging can be heard by all in the car. The cause is unknown, but the origin is clear -- its towards the only doors leading in and out of the car, and its growing curiously louder...

I think the confirmed map has just become a necessity...

@munchkinomatic was planning to go through the same door, I think. But yeah, I admit I don't entirely understand if there's supposed to be a way out besides the one with super mutants or not. Worst comes to worst, GM will say no and I'll go edit my IC.

Last edited:
Of Rabbits and Griffons
If we can make requests, might I ask for griffons?

There aren't enough griffons.
How would we fit a griffon in the train?
It could be a small griffon, or the train could have superlarge compartments.
I would like to fight baby rabbits please.

I agree, there aren't enough griffons.

That said, I hear you, my people. And griffons there shall be. Alongside maintenance ducks. And apparently baby rabbits... Now I just have to ruminate on how to make sense of this in IC posts :p

Door Wars

@SchwerPunk'd
I wanted to question a certain contradiction here, because my choice of cover depends on it.

Is it an alcove, which would be weird on a metro car, or does it jut out of of the walls, which would make sense inside a narrow Metro Car and provide a good cover, much better than one provided by chairs?

Also, is this mental map of the car accurate?

[..C............................................ ___...................................................E,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,E - Entrance with mutants C - Chairs Eb - Blocked entrance
[..C.....C..........C.....C........C.....C..[.B.][..C.....C..........C.....C........C.....C?],,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,? - intercom,,,,,,,,,,,,[M] ------- The MaintenanceCloset ,,,,,,,,___
[..C.....C....Eb..C.....C..Eb..C.....C..[....]..C.....C....Eb..C.....C..Eb..C.....C..],,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,[....].........................................................[.B.] ----- The bathroom
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,[....]

Because if so, how did the door from the entrance hit the door to the closet, if they weren't facing each other? Shouldn't they have hit the wall of the closet instead? I am not nitpicking, just I have problem with imagining the situation we are in right now.

Doors to the Maintenance Closet are broken. All but torn off. Keys not required to loot (unless you just like hearing that satisfying clink). You will have to pardon my word usage, with alcove. I was attempting to find a synonym for a closet, that is built into the wall. "Alcove" is what my brain pulled out. Didn't mean to confuse.

I also give you props for the valiant textual map attempt. Also, as for how the door thing went down, see the spoiler below.

So I painted and uploaded this in 5 minutes or so. This is my mental picture of the car as of the last OP post. Mind you its ugly, theres no real scale, but I think it'll do the job:

Here is a quick rundown
  • M stands for Maintenance Closet
  • B stands for Bathroom
  • The Red Lines are the blocked entrances.
  • The Gold Lines are for the Front and Back entrances that lead to the adjacent cars.
  • S stands for seats, and any black outlined shapes are full of them.
  • The Gold Arrow is the projectile arc of the flying door. It was wrenched off its hinges at a slight angle, which saw it fly and collide with a seat section half way down the car. The destroyed door rebounds off it, flying into the Maintenance Closet, where becomes embedded in the doors, now broken and unlocked.

With all of that said, as long as your PC steers clear of the path and stays low, they'll be alright.

I'm not trying to go into the maintenance closet. I don't know if I misunderstood something, but I was trying to go through the door the GM brought up behind us.

@munchkinomatic was planning to go through the same door, I think. But yeah, I admit I don't entirely understand if there's supposed to be a way out besides the one with super mutants or not. Worst comes to worst, GM will say no and I'll go edit my IC.

I may invest some time in making some campaign maps if I can work out the time to do them well.

Answers about the exits are going to be revealed soon enough in tonight's post. I was not revealing with answers, because I wanted there to be some surprise with what happens next. Which will be posted tomorrow morning, 5-6am CST.

That said, the post is fine as is. Whether you change it, or leave it alone , is up to you. More fun to read (and for me) if you don't :ogles:

Last edited:
I think this kind of simple maps of every new location should suffice. It is perfectly readable, and that is most important, after all. Thanks for clarification!

I agree, there aren't enough griffons.

That said, I hear you, my people. And griffons there shall be. Alongside maintenance ducks. And apparently baby rabbits... Now I just have to ruminate on how to make sense of this in IC posts :p
No!

I want lionbirdhorses!

Smart ones that we can ride and armor up and preen and sleep with and clean!

But not pick up their poo. I'd rather hope they're smart enough that they do the rest of the stuff with us willingly, communally, rather than because they actually need our intellectual help to keep in proper shape.

EDIT: Although thinking about it, there's always Alternate Griffons species.

Y'know, where you take the basic concept but the actual critters combined are different.

There's an interesting series of images I recall....

Here it is.

You could go even further and not even use the standard cat/bird combo, like a griffon from a raccoon and a bat for a nocturnal smart-as-fuck tiny little thief.

If size is an issue, then using griffon variants of smaller size is certainly an option, and could be pretty fun.

EDIT2: MORE VARIANTS! I MUST HAVE MORE VARIANTS!

EDIT3: Mayhaps more immediately relevant, you guys should see about using supermutant skin for leather. It'd be gross, sure, but mundane animals provide pretty decent protection once turned into leather so I'd imagine a supermutant, who are explicitly much tougher than humans, might provide even better protection.

Of course, that's assuming a significant amount of their durability is provided by thick and dense skin, rather than being entirely available through regenerative abilities, much thicker bone and musculature systems, and being able to wear much heavier armor than a human normally can.

Last edited:
OP Announcement
Apologies about the lack of posting on my part gang. I'm looking to correct that with the post just thrown up, as well as a show of more IC activity and progress on my part.

EDIT: @Dawiusz @PranksterOliwar , I didn't mean to cliff hang it and leave you in suspense :p I just ran out of time, and needed to get to my jobs shift. Expect more meat to that bone of a post as soon as I get out this afternoon.

Last edited:
Back