Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

(GM Note: As promised, one quest proper post! Finally! Here's the beginning of your quest, where...
Character Creation

VileScurvy

Verified Pirate
(GM Note: As promised, one quest proper post! Finally! Here's the beginning of your quest, where hopefully adventures are found, friends to be made and enemies are to be defeated-it all starts, right here, right now. Also, for those of you who do want some backstory, please do check out the prologue quest here .
Well, without further ado, let's get this show on the road, eh?
)

It's the middle of the rainy season, and as you would expect, it's been raining quite hard.

When you got back home after your scheduled nap session yesterday, you'd expect it to rain during the night- problem was, you being tired more than usual, lost track of time and slept waaaay past the time you set for your nap. That, and the odd dream you had didn't help any. So by the time you went back home to your family, you made it just by the skin of your teeth-few moments later, the sky opened and it began raining cats and dogs. If you were out a moment longer, you would've been soaked to the skin, and Keller, your robo-friend, would eventually complain of being exposed to rain, which in turn makes his joints rust just a little bit more faster.

Meh, you sure Keller will deal with it somehow.

Still, when you returned home that day, you retired to your room and prepared for the entrance exams you were going to face soon. The dreaded day will be here soon, and you really don't want it to be a total and utter failure. You've been preparing your entire life for this. Anyway, turns out there wasn't any studying able to be done on that day- you simply gave up halfway, as your eyes drooped due to exhaustion. Pretty soon, you just simply called it a day and went back to bed sleeping. Again.

The following day, it still rained hard. If you'd look outside you'd see your neighbours scurrying off to work braving the slightly flooded streets- wearing raincoats, ponchos and whatever they have on hand to head to their main offices further in the Energy District. None of this matters to you though, as you're currently in bed, still fast asleep.

"......zzzzzzzzzzzz......."

Some people say you're dead to the world when you're fast asleep. On normal day, this would be true but on this particular day? You're feeling a distinct sensaction of being poked somewhere...

*poke*

There it is. You're brushing this off as a one-time occurence-maybe your addled mind is still drowzy from the all-nighter you pulled?

*poke*

Nope. Something's going on. You briefly open your eyes and note that it's only 7 am-still too early. "...five more minutes...." you say, then you went back to glorious sleep.

*poke**poke*

No. You are ignoring the poking done to your person. You will not react. You are steel. You WILL get your quality sleep, and you WILL sleep like a baby.

*poke**poke**poke*

Alright. That's it.

Furious, you open your eye (the natural one, not the bionic) and turn to the left side of your bed and prepare to give the interloper a beating for disrupting your beautiful, beautiful sleep-only to freeze when you spot the chuckling figure of your mother and Keller-with his finger still located close to your body.

"See, mistress? I told you he do so hates being poked. But sometimes, it's the only way to wake him up."

Your mother's chuckling only grows louder.

Seeing your distressed face, Keller chimes in. "Well, good morning! Finally- I thought you were going to sleep the day away, snoring like that."

You narrow your eyes. "You.....you traitor! I thought you're supposed to be on my side! You're supposed to let me sleep until 8, remember? I'll get you for this!"
you say, as you get out of bed and prepare to exact bloody vengeance on a certain bot for disrupting your sleep.

"Oh my! Mistress, save me!" Keller cries, as he quickly ducks and repositions himself behind your mom, Maria.

"Ah ah! No hurting the poor bot-he's only doing his duty. After all, I'm the one who asked for his help in waking you up." your mom says, crossing her arms in an attempt to look stern.

You sigh. The traitor is still behind your mom, mocking you! You're sure he's doing the equivalent of a human's "Nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh!" behind your mom.
Fine. You'll just wait for another opportunity then. He won't know what's coming....

"Okay, okay. Alright, I'm up before 8, you got me. So...what's the rush on waking me? It's still raining outside.." you say.

"Well, you know, your registration form for the entrance exam is here!" Your mom says, as she hands you your dataslate. "This is for the entrance exams later-you gotta fill it in early, so you can show it to the guy at the center!"

You take the dataslate, and move to the page where your form's on display. Basic form, asking questions about your identity and such. You nod to your mom. "Okay, so I'm supposed to fill this up before anything, eh?"

"Yup! And please wash up before you do so-fill it up, then come downstairs! I believe your sister's cooked us up a nice breakfast!" your mom says, as she exites your room."Toodles! And don't forget to brush your teeth too!" Your mom then goes out, followed by your filthy traitor of a bot, which gives you a mocking wave before following your mom right out.

Oh, you'll definitely be paying him back.

Still, you set your dataslate down, washed up, did your morning routine, cleaned up your bionic eye, got dressed and went back to your desk. Time to do this, then have your breakfast. You're already starving!

WARREN CITY BOARD OF EXAMINATIONS
(Please fill out the form according to the instructions given below. Please make sure all details are correct at the current time and to the exact instruction given,
otherwise your application for the upcoming entrance exam will be considered invalid.)

[ ] Name:

[ ] Gender: GENDER IDENTIFIED AS-MALE. PLEASE IGNORE THIS FIELD.

[ ] Age :
(GM Note: Must be from 14 - 21)

[ ] Ethnicity:
(GM Note: Please use the ethnicity guide here. For mixed ethinicity, this format would be sufficient, eg: [Japanese/North American])

[ ] Religious Denomination
- [ ] Islam
- [ ] Christian
- [ ] Buddhist
- [ ] Omnissiah
- [ ] Gaia
- [ ] Agnostic
- [ ] Write-in

[ ] Hobbies/Interests (Choose TWO)
- [ ] Fencing
- [ ] Skeet shooting
- [ ] Robot battling
- [ ] Reading
- [ ] Inventing/Forging
- [ ] Swimming
- [ ] Write-in

[ ] Appearance:
(GM Note: Any stock image will do. Handwaving will be used for bionic eye)

The rest of the form was simple. Weapons? Check. Implants/cybernetics? Check! Augs? Check! (They did tell you yours had to be disabled for the exams though). Afterwards, you stowed the dataslate away and moved toward the kitchen. Time's a wasting, and you're hungry!

(GM Note: Votes. They must be awaayyyy)

Last edited:
Character Status
- [Black Wakizashi]
- [.44 Special]

- [Mysterious Pendant]
- [Book-Luck of the Draw]

-[Mental Augmentation]
-[Bionic Eye]

- [Personal Production Slot]
- [Personal Production Slot]
- [Personal Research Slot]
-[Personal Research Slot]

- [Winter Schnee]
-[Argo]
-[K37-73-R]
-[Yui Imani]
-[300 Starting Funds]

Relationship Meter
(KILL ON SIGHT)---->Hostile--->Unfriendly---->Disliked---->Neutral----->Slightly Friendly--->Friendly--->Very Friendly---->(ROMANTIC)

[X] Name: Thomas Smith
[X] Age : 16
[X] Ethnicity: African/North American
[X] Religious Denomination
-[X] Gaia
[X] Hobbies/Interests
-[X] Inventing/Forging
-[X] Robot battling

-[X] Gaia
[X] Hobbies/Interests
-[X] Inventing/Forging
-[X] Robot battling

[X] Name: Thomas Adebowale
[X] Age : 19
- [X] Omnissiah
[X] Hobbies/Interests
-[X] Reading
-[X] Fencing

What are the teachings of gaia religion ?

Don't forget to put in an image for the Appearance vote guys! Unless you guys aren't sure about the image you want, then its okay.

[X] Ethnicity: Japanese/North American
-[X] Omnissiah
[X] Hobbies/Interests
-[X] Inventing/Forging
-[X] Robot battling

[X] Name: Thomas Adebowale
- [X] Omnissiah
[X] Hobbies/Interests
-[X] Reading
-[X] Fencing

[X] Name: Samuel Caldwell
[X] Ethnicity: Caucasian (North American & Others)/African (Bantu/Zulu/Native African Tribes)
- [X] Omnissiah
[X] Hobbies/Interests (Choose TWO)
- [X] Fencing
- [X] Skeet shooting
[X] Appearance:

Rather anime but best I could find off Bing, just pretend the eyepatch is his cybereye.
Even included the mysterious Pendant!

Took the Fencing and Skeet shooting hobbies to help explain why he uses Sword and Gun dual wield.

Last edited:
I change for

[X] Name: Samuel Caldwell
[X] Ethnicity: Caucasian (North American & Others)/African (Bantu/Zulu/Native African Tribes)
- [X] Omnissiah
- [X] Fencing
- [X] Skeet shooting

[X] Name: Mitchel Rabten
[X] Age : 20
[X] Ethnicity: North American/Turkic
- [X] Omnissiah
- [X] Skeet shooting
- [X] Inventing/Forging
[X] Appearance:

-[X] Omnissiah
[X] Hobbies/Interests
-[X] Inventing/Forging
-[X] Robot battling

-[X] Omnissiah
[X] Hobbies/Interests
-[X] Inventing/Forging
-[X] Robot battling

-[X] Omnissiah
[X] Hobbies/Interests
-[X] Inventing/Forging
-[X] Robot battling

vote tally
Adhoc vote count started by Kalrotix on May 1, 2018 at 7:11 PM, finished with 19 posts and 10 votes.

Adhoc vote count started by Kalrotix on May 1, 2018 at 7:12 PM, finished with 19 posts and 10 votes.

Adhoc vote count started by Kalrotix on May 1, 2018 at 7:13 PM, finished with 19 posts and 10 votes.

Actually, I kinda like @keenscythe 's appearance vote. I dig the eyepatch. Why does everyone not love eyepatches?

Oh yeah, Vote Closed.

Last edited:
So, our main protag so far:

- Thomas Smith
- Age 16
- Hobbies include Inventing/Forging and Robot Battling.
- Adherent to the Omnissiah religion.

For Ethnicity, I'm flipping a coin to break the tie. 1 is African/North American, 2 is Japanese/North American.

We have a winner!

- Thomas Smith
- Age 16
- Japanese/North American
- Hobbies include Inventing/Forging and Robot Battling.
- Adherent to the Omnissiah religion.

Character Submission & Appearance Vote
This post is just to inform about a few things and act as runoff vote.

I liked @keenscythe 's image submission. But since there are people who might not like the image for the character, I'm doing a one-time runoff vote for Appearance. Please vote from these following options, as appearance.

[ ] A

[ ] B

[ ] C

[ ] D

[ ] E

[ ] F

Also, character submissions are now open!

You see, this is for Tom's siblings, namely his elder brother, elder sister and younger brother (from another father) and your younger sister (from biological dad). Basically, create your own character for that sibling and I'll approve it! Of course, this is strictly optional-you don't have to participate if you don't want to. But the characters that are submitted will get screen time in the story!

How it goes? Well, you just submit the character according to this format. One person can only submit one character. If there are more than one submission for the same character, GM will choose the one he likes.

- Name: (minus last name, please)
- Sibling: (indicate which sibling this submission is for)
- Appearance: (if any)
- Background: (some backstory, also optional.)

That's all folks! Votes will be closed next week to give time for your character submissions if there are any. Have fun!

Last edited:
Back