Chaos God Quest (A Warhammer 40k God Quest)

It would be optimal, If we can sneak around them and let the four and Big E deal with each other as long as possible, and search allies more in our weight class.

I understand about the 4 but we need worshipers because they are all very powerful plus we are a god of chaos we are powerful but warhammer
It has very powerful things that are not even gods.
And big e hates us anyway he doesn't see the difference between the 4 and us.

Not saying we should avoid getting worshipers, but we should only recruit them in smaller numbers so that neither Big E or the Inquisition notices, plus we should limit our pool to places like Underhives, filled with people who would align with us the most (yes, I know Underhivers in general are the easiest for Chaos to corrupt, but give them a choice between joining either the Four or us, then it shouldn't be much of a contest who they'll join).

And yeah, I agree that it'll be a calm day in the Warp before Emps decides to spare us, but again, Cegorach would probably be more open to a legitimate alliance or any deals.

So what primarch people want
I think perturabo the guy wated become a architect and builder
If we are in 30k and can chose to yoink a Primarch, I feel like we should recruit from the Traitor pool and not rob Big E of his remaining loyalists.

So out of those options I'd say Konrad, as he could be our champion of Vengeance. Next Alpharius and Omegon for delusion (they can delude our enemies)

So what primarch people want
I think perturabo the guy wated become a architect and builder

Well out of the ones that went for the normal not choosing a specific God route, Perterabo and Konrad would probably be the best bets, Konrad more then anything as with our Delusion/Wonder Domains we could probably fool him into thinking our way is best and the only way to avert the course of fate.

Plus as a god of Slumber, getting the Night Lords just fits thematically

I have a question for 40k how horrible we are what are the negative consequences of mortals.
Of following us we are a god of chaos comes with the trade in a way.
What is our grimdark aspect
And how do you think 40k fans if it was in the lore otl
I want to hear your opinions

If we are in 30k and can chose to yoink a Primarch, I feel like we should recruit from the Traitor pool and not rob Big E of his remaining loyalists.

I concur.
Looking at all of them Angron, Magnus, Fulgrim and Mortarion would be a very big reward, since they are important to the plans of the Four, but for the same reason it might be hard to reach them. But they are tempting, Angron was apparently a really strong empath before the Nails ruined his mind, while Fulgrim and Magnus value artistry and knowledge, respectively, so they would be great pickings for development and propagation. From the unmarked traitors we have Horus, Curze, Perturabo, Lorgar and Alpharius/Omegon. Lorgar would be a good target for us and galaxy, since he was a great orator and philosopher and removing him from the board means there is no one in position to screw over Horus. Nabbing Curze is not a bad idea for reasons explained above and heavens know the guy needs some R&R without apocalyptic prophecy above his head. Perturabo would be good pickings for his artistic and engineering side, he apparently wanted nothing more than designing and buiding beautiful cities, but he was also deeply sceptical of supernatural and had contempt for gods and daemons even before Heresy. Alpharius/Omegon are impossible to control, even if their deception shtick fould fit us like a glove. Horus... I don't know, to be frank. He doesn't have anything very resonant or very dissonant, he would be for us average, even if having a superhumanly skilled commander would be an asset.

I have a question for 40k how horrible we are what are the negative consequences of mortals.

I assume you're asking what is the negative aspect of our god.
My answer is that we are, in a sense, god of escapism. We encourage mortals to run away from their problems, to just give in and live in the dreamed paradise. And, just like any Warp entity, we take it to extreme, turn up to 22. A Lotus-Eater Machine, if you're familiar with the term. Or the Harry Potter's Mirror of Erised.

It's not a wrong comparison, but not exactly. The point of the Matrix is to keep you imprisoned without you realizing, you are born as a part of it and, ideally, remain in it until you die. Our goal is, at least in my interpretation, to offer people of Materium escape from all bad stuff in their lives until they choose to remain with us.
Or, to paraphrase Rouge One: "Congratulations, you are being relaxed. Please do not resist"

You know, I think our eldar followers will be hated by the other eldar factions, they are the equivalent of heretics and blasphemers.
I always wanted to see chaos eldars
Here is your quote from this faction
There is no peace in the stars only damnation we can only choose our hell the old gods are dead and they are not going to save us.
And if they are not going to save us then the devil will.

My guess would be that with our vengeance domain our followers would be especially vindictive to the point that our grudges would outnumber even the Dwarves, forget the book, our followers would have libraries full of transgressions done against us and our followers.

A Bloodthirster destroys Sally's sandcastle?

They'll pay a thousand times over, and have about a thousand grudges against them

An Inquisitor tries saying Santa isn't real?

His entire network, allies, informants, spies, it's all getting taken while he gets tarred and feathered.

Long story short, we are Poland and our followers are constantly one step away from starting a Supernatural nuclear war with the other gods.

Chapter 4: Bring me a Dream

Chapter 4: Bring me a Dream​

In the unformed chaos of The Unwaking, you stood, looking over the chaotic void. Looking out upon the endless horizon, you saw many souls flicker in and out, barely there long enough to remember the world they saw. Some however seemed to linger longer, and the world warped around them, creating some lasting [Delusion] that they lived in, before again. Others seemed less awake in this, whispered to prophecies by the shadows around them. It felt disjointed, uncontrolled and weakened, and the roots of the other gods leaked in, threatening to break through and corrupt this bastion as well. This would not do, this was your world, yours to corrupt or protect as you saw fit. In its current state, this place would not be able to fight off such incursion.

Looking to the endless starry sky, you reach up, and grab hold of it, crushing it in your hands, reducing it into a fine sand, beautiful and black in form, only disrupted by the sparkle of stars lost deep in its depths. With a guiding hand, the sand spread throughout the world of The Unwaking, making a desert of your own creation, a Desert of Black Sand in which your realm would lie. Exerting your power over this place, you hardened some of the sand into towering pillars of sand and stone, and spoke into them whispers of deep slumber and endless contentment. These pillars would lure those who forced themselves into this realm into sleep, to be consumed by the sands as it rolled past like waves in the ocean. Satisfied with the setting, you began to work on something new that caught your interest.

Grabbing the delusions of those who lasted far longer, and the memories of those who slept even here, you built palaces around, brilliant fortresses that would both protect the dreamers who would not wake in this world, and to give those you invite a taste of the dreams you offer. No effort was put in keeping with geometry, the buildings themselves were roughly shaped into forms that the memories deemed to be palaces, half formed buttresses argued with rising pyramids, creating impossible structures that surged across the landscape. Looking upon them, you felt they were in too much danger floating out in the open. With a forceful strike, you bury them, to only resurface when ones you chose came upon them. These Palaces of Memories would be a reward for those of your followers who took to their curiosity

Thinking, you enter the palace, ignoring how much bigger than it you were, and walk deep into its depths. Coming to the bottom of the palace, you punched your hand through, breaking into the very edges of your realm, where your sands could not reach. Landing below, you begin your creative process. Looking to the dreams of those who you built the palaces of, you start crafting your cityscape, intricate and beautiful structures in forms that are mismatches of the many cultures that bring their dreams to this world. This resulted in buildings unrecognizable in form or function, like building through a funhouse mirror. These buildings were meant for one sole purpose, the production of pure [Delusion]. This [Delusion] is formed into a thick purple fog that begins to cover the bottom of this world. This fog was to be your greatest test, a taste of pure [Delusion] was addicting, and those who could not let go of the taste would soon find themselves warped by it into forms fit and ready to serve the ones who could survive. The Visions of The Impossible were dangerous, but would show those whose will could fit into the world of the Unwaking.

You had one more idea planned, but found your train of thought derailed as a prayer for escape reached your … "ears". An eldar who wanted freedom from the realm she was trapped in, for her and her men. In secret, you allowed the whispers of the stones to play through to the ears of her and her soldiers, sending them into a special sleep that would allow them to consciously travel the sand without being consumed under them. As you see them appear in the sands, you disappear into the new evening sky, to allow them to explore without your eyes keeping watch. It takes the mortals days to make their way across the desert and deep into the palaces, and then into the depths themselves. For a second, worry consumes you, and then you feel something prod your consciousness, a power beyond your current self, with an illusion of curiosity hiding its malicious desires. Whatever this was, it didn't like you at all, and you weren't sure if you liked it either. This fear was almost enough to prevent you from noticing as your first subject had made her way out of the palace. Leaning down, you speak a promise to her, that her prayers would be answered by you. Almost immediately after she leaves, her prayers reach you, asking you to help free her and her's from the chaotic realm that they had been trapped in. How fitting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a God turn, these will give you a god eyes view of what you create, allowing a view into its creation. Human turns are the mortal reactions to what you do, giving you a perspective on how those you are targeting view you and your actions. The human turns will always happen first, to give time to discuss plans and ideas on how to deal with those events.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have 5 dice to spend

[ ] Answer Prayer: Your first subject has asked you to free her and her men from the Realm of Slaanesh, now how do you plan to do this

[ ] Write in: Any other action you wish to do, as long as they fall under your current domains.

[X] Plan Walking into Dream
-[X] Answer Prayer: Your first subject has asked you to free her and her men from the Realm of Slaanesh, now how do you plan to do this
--[X] With your first true Prayer, you wish to show these mortals your power, so with the very sand of your realm you fashion a swirling vortex. It's purpose to drag your subject and her soldiers out of the Realm of Slaanesh and through yours into the waking material world. The travel will be focused through a particularly stable or lasting dream placing them near a world relatively untouched by the upheaval occurring and for them to choose where to go next. (Three Dice)
-[X] In the meantime you have watched many a dream, seeing the lives of mortals and how...they seem to be content in their mundanity, allowing their desires and dreams to wither away while letting their own dissatisfaction go unanswered. This won't do, so inspiration from your whispering stones, you collect sand of your realm and whisper forth Glass of Wonder and Shards of Vengeance. Both used to seed the dreams of mortals and show them visions of both the kind of lives that embracing dreams can lead to, as well as taking their vengeance on those who have wronged them. (Two Dice)

As much as i'd like to make some Deamon Servants, i figure getting our people out and another means of gaining followers with our other domains is good.

-[X] In the meantime you have watched many a dream, seeing the lives of mortals and how...they seem to be content in their mundanity, allowing their desires and dreams to wither away while letting their own dissatisfaction go unanswered. This won't do, so inspiration from your whispering stones, you collect sand of your realm and whisper forth Glass of Wonder and Shards of Vengeance. Both used to seed the dreams of mortals and show them visions of both the kind of lives that embracing dreams can lead to, as well as taking their vengeance on those who have wronged them. (Two Dice)
What does this means? Is it the same as the Storm from the previous vote? An environment? Or is this something like Nurgle's disease? A sign of our presence in reality, and a way for us to gain more followers?

What does this means? Is it the same as the Storm from the previous vote? An environment? Or is this something like Nurgle's disease? A sign of our presence in reality, and a way for us to gain more followers?

The way i mean it is like how the Whispering Stone draws people in when they sleep, bringing them into our realm, these two other ways are to try and bring people to our worship and realm through their own dreams using our other domains. The Glass of Wonder is basicly showing them their lives as better if they follow their dreams to their fullest, while the Shard of Vengeance urge folks on to taking revenge on those who have wronged them, giving some interesting suggestions.

Both are things I want to chuck into the dreams of people where they sort of (For lack of a better term) infest their dreams and bring them to our worship.

The way i mean it is like how the Whispering Stone draws people in when they sleep, bringing them into our realm, these two other ways are to try and bring people to our worship and realm through their own dreams using our other domains. The Glass of Wonder is basicly showing them their lives as better if they follow their dreams to their fullest, while the Shard of Vengeance urge folks on to taking revenge on those who have wronged them, giving some interesting suggestions.

Both are things I want to chuck into the dreams of people where they sort of (For lack of a better term) infest their dreams and bring them to our worship.
Our version of Nurgle's disease got it.

[X] Plan Walking into Dream

Back