How you want combat dice results shown during updates?

• First option, purely narrative

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Second option, show simple results

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Third option, show us all the numbahs!

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Fourth option, you choose it, youre the QM...

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
crystal
If it bites you and you die, then it's venomous. If you bite it and you die, then it's poisonous. Unless you mean that flower eats other beings, then okay, wouldn't surprise me :V
By making the choice not only appearance changed
I presume you missed 'your' in here.
connection
That's not what the word means. 'Titled' is probably what you meant.
Such a generic and simple title
Missed article
Oh hey, write-ins! My worst enemy.

[X] Send your pixel to greet it at the entrance!
-[X] make another pixie for a reserve.
So, I hope you are ready, for the dice has been really... Unexpected, for your first encounter x) Good luck, and may the pink-purple light be with you :D
The moment you've decided to use the Dice, was the moment you've lost a part of control over the quest :V

crystal

If it bites you and you die, then it's venomous. If you bite it and you die, then it's poisonous. Unless you mean that flower eats other beings, then okay, wouldn't surprise me :V

I presume you missed 'your' in here.

connection

That's not what the word means. 'Titled' is probably what you meant.

Missed article
Oh hey, write-ins! My worst enemy.

The moment you've decided to use the Dice, was the moment you've lost a part of control over the quest :V

Thank you, I really appreciate this. English is not my native language, and I'm not that good with portuguese either... I really need a beta o.õ

^Dis. Don't blame us once we start rolling 100/20s and winning and getting things we shouldn't.

About dice: I only roll for daily/weekly/monthly events and to solve battles. So nah, there's no way you'll and up super op because of the dice. Sure, you can do it with choices x) Besides, control is overestimated, haven't you seen the tags? :V

[x] Send your pixel to greet it at the entrance!
-[x] make another pixie for a reserve.

About dice: I only roll for daily/weekly/monthly events and to solve battles. So nah, there's no way you'll and up super op because of the dice. Sure, you can do it with choices x) Besides, control is overestimated, haven't you seen the tags? :V

You poor deluded fool...you have invoked the crit dice's wrath...I shall enjoy this.

We really need to make the entrance corridor of the Dungeon something more complicated than just a straight shot to our Core Room... But that can wait until we have time to actually plan it all out.

I see autocorrupt's been busy with this vote.

[X] Make 2 other pixies! (6 Mn)

Seems like there is nothing here about pixies having an upkeep cost or anything so we don't stand to lose much by maxing out on pixies. And right now concentrating as much force as we can should supply maximum safety.

Seems like there is nothing here about pixies having an upkeep cost or anything so we don't stand to lose much by maxing out on pixies. And right now concentrating as much force as we can should supply maximum safety.

That is correct, there is no upkeep, though there are limits to numbers, and other kinds of limits, but you shouldn't stumble upon any of that too soon x)

That is correct, there is no upkeep, though there are limits to numbers, and other kinds of limits, but you shouldn't stumble upon any of that too soon x)
well if thats the case then screw my previous vote I wants 3 pixies in my dungeon, they can be the golden trio :D

Yeah caps aren't really an immediate problem since I find it very unlikely that we'll never want to get three or more basic minions... Upkeep would be a problem since it would slow down our rate of growth permanently.

Though I guess that since growing the dungeon costs mana while also increasing mana income there is somewhat of a permanent cost to using mana on minions... But OTOH minions are also likely to be one of our main ways to earn mana by killing or delaying intruders. And presumably we need them to protect ourselves which is also rather critical.

By the way right now my line of thinking on how to make this dungeon produce maximum mana is based on this bit:

The third way is more of a bonus, but simply by having Sentients Active in your dungeon you siphon a little of the mana they keep emiting, something about their aura.

If we can capture or otherwise delay intruders we might be able to get a lot more mana from them than simply killing them (though IMO that should certainly be an acceptable alternative). A room with a trap that makes intruders fall asleep could be a big income boost and if it can keep them asleep until they starve to death it is even better. And IMO that sort of thing fits the fae theme perfectly.

@Metrux So, two questions/comments about your system here.

One tied to what I just said, how would something like what I just said be resolved? What kind of rolls determine the effectiveness of something like a sleep effect (or any disable or debuff for that matter)?

Secondly I'm considering the rules as you've written them for the combat system and I think there might be a complication you've failed to take into account... Suppose our dungeon gets invaded by Gravebringer, Angel of Bloodshed and Slaughter who has attack 10. And he runs into one of our pixies which has defenses 1 and life 3. So Gravebringer tries to kill our pixie... And he rolls only one die (with +9 on it granted) because our pixie only has one defense and so he can only inflict one damage each turn. So it takes him three (or more) turns to kill the pixie. This doesn't seem to be working as intended since this would mean that in a lot of case having very low defense is actively helpful since it caps how much damage an enemy can do each round. Nothing can kill a pixie in less than three rounds without special rules. Are you sure that is how you want things to work? It might be a better idea to simply always have dice rolled equal to the attack score and then give the defender a penalty for having less defense than the attack in question.

changing vote: power in numbers since some PEOPLE didn't want strong skeletons...

Yeah caps aren't really an immediate problem since I find it very unlikely that we'll never want to get three or more basic minions... Upkeep would be a problem since it would slow down our rate of growth permanently.

Though I guess that since growing the dungeon costs mana while also increasing mana income there is somewhat of a permanent cost to using mana on minions... But OTOH minions are also likely to be one of our main ways to earn mana by killing or delaying intruders. And presumably we need them to protect ourselves which is also rather critical.

By the way right now my line of thinking on how to make this dungeon produce maximum mana is based on this bit:

If we can capture or otherwise delay intruders we might be able to get a lot more mana from them than simply killing them (though IMO that should certainly be an acceptable alternative). A room with a trap that makes intruders fall asleep could be a big income boost and if it can keep them asleep until they starve to death it is even better. And IMO that sort of thing fits the fae theme perfectly.

@Metrux So, two questions/comments about your system here.

One tied to what I just said, how would something like what I just said be resolved? What kind of rolls determine the effectiveness of something like a sleep effect (or any disable or debuff for that matter)?

Secondly I'm considering the rules as you've written them for the combat system and I think there might be a complication you've failed to take into account... Suppose our dungeon gets invaded by Gravebringer, Angel of Bloodshed and Slaughter who has attack 10. And he runs into one of our pixies which has defenses 1 and life 3. So Gravebringer tries to kill our pixie... And he rolls only one die (with +9 on it granted) because our pixie only has one defense and so he can only inflict one damage each turn. So it takes him three (or more) turns to kill the pixie. This doesn't seem to be working as intended since this would mean that in a lot of case having very low defense is actively helpful since it caps how much damage an enemy can do each round. Nothing can kill a pixie in less than three rounds without special rules. Are you sure that is how you want things to work? It might be a better idea to simply always have dice rolled equal to the attack score and then give the defender a penalty for having less defense than the attack in question.

1. For the traps the mechanisms are different, with both values for concealment, effect and difficulty to escape.
2. The Active is with a big A because it's meant to be important, I would explain it when you get to have a sentient inside, but since you're already planning on this I shall explain: your dungeon is limited by having Sentients inside, which constitutes as being Active or during Activity. This means that while your plan is possible, you shall limit what you can do, change or upgrade while Active. Do note that animals and non-sentient monsters don't have these limitations, though they also don't give mana justby being there.
3. I actually thought this up, which is why equipment and some Specials increase damage PER HIT, so this supposedly Angel of Bloodshed could do anything from 1 to 100 damage with each attack. The difference in dices is one of the only ways to have an active bonus in hit, together with leadership and some rare Specials, so it counts more for your active damage dealing, because otherwise you depend purely on luck to hit/evade.

aw well, but I hope we turn the dungeon into a murder-zone of blood money and mental damage.
Fay will be more useful in the long run and are a harder dungeon run as they need less power and can rely more on traps and luring people into them for larger mana boosts.

1. For the traps the mechanisms are different, with both values for concealment, effect and difficulty to escape.
2. The Active is with a big A because it's meant to be important, I would explain it when you get to have a sentient inside, but since you're already planning on this I shall explain: your dungeon is limited by having Sentients inside, which constitutes as being Active or during Activity. This means that while your plan is possible, you shall limit what you can do, change or upgrade while Active. Do note that animals and non-sentient monsters don't have these limitations, though they also don't give mana justby being there.
3. I actually thought this up, which is why equipment and some Specials increase damage PER HIT, so this supposedly Angel of Bloodshed could do anything from 1 to 100 damage with each attack. The difference in dices is one of the only ways to have an active bonus in hit, together with leadership and some rare Specials, so it counts more for your active damage dealing, because otherwise you depend purely on luck to hit/evade.
Could we make a trap out of mirrors? Like a maze where every wall surface is a "self repairing"* mirror?

*uses the standard trap repair mechanic.

Back