Bad Ads Reporting Thread

This thread is for reporting ads which behave in strange or intrusive ways, have unacceptable content or inappropriate subject matter, or use unexpected CPU/data (especially non-compliant with Google standards). This is not a thread to complain about the site running ads, nor how they integrate with the site.

For ads with a blue "X" in the corner: These ads are coming through Google and if you press the "X" you can report that ad directly to Google, which will help. If it still persists let us know.

When reporting ads, the following information will help achieve a quicker resolution;

Ad Link: The URL the ad links to (right click, copy link) (very important)
Device: PC/iPhone/Android/etc
Browser: Chrome/Edge/Firefox/Opera/etc

Screenshots and any additional information about the problem are very welcome as well.

You need to either shut down the ads on mobile or ditch the provider you've got. They're doing screen filling ads and requiring clicks to view the actual SV content.

I don't mind top/bottom banners, but the adds that keep appearing and cover content until exited need to go. I have had to close out 3 separate instances of content covering ads just while typing this message.

It seems reluctant to post the screenshot, but again, lower screen content being blocked by respawning ads in IOS Safari

If they can't prove that they will only use the banner space, get a different fucking ad provider.

Last edited:

View: https://i.imgur.com/MBidtPU.png

Ad Link: Here.
Device: PC
Browser: Vivaldi 5.1.2567.73

Ad itself is not explicit but the source material is definitely NSFW, and from a quick search it looks like it's a recent gacha. I've only seen it twice so far and I've been refreshing to see what I get. Most of it seems to Nike, Walmart, or Best Buy.

Chrome, Android tablet, no adblock; I get ads on numerous other websites including SB with this setup.

Sufficent Velocity ads do not appear to work. At all. I simply get a blank space the size of seven or eight inches of the screen at the top between the header/announcements and the forum nesting/thread title, and a significantly smaller (two or three inch) nothing at the bottom between similar threads and the second forum nesting. No ads load.

I've tried loading pages multiple times and this does not seem to change. Unless the ad behavior is so obnoxious it's being blocked in my plugin-less browser I am unsure what's going on.

Welp, guess I spoke too soon in the other thread.

I mentioned it there, but I consider these kinds of ads extremely disruptive to the user experience. Heck, if you aren't aware that they're a thing you might think a malicious ad is taking over your browser (which was exactly my experience the first time I saw one of 'em). I don't think this specific ad has anything wrong with it beyond how it's presented but I very strongly recommend that no ads of this type be used. Like, at all.

Same. I ran a couple of virus checks just as a matter of course when I got the first pop up.

I don't mind banner ads tbh but tabs and pop-ups fucking infuriate me.

Same. I ran a couple of virus checks just as a matter of course when I got the first pop up.

I don't mind banner ads tbh but tabs and pop-ups fucking infuriate me.
Quite frankly I'd rather have pop-ups than this kind of ad, because at least with pop-ups there's a separate window to close, and they don't interfere with the real site's loading.

I don't have the ad link because it's not letting me copy it for some reason, but here's an example of what Arawn_Emrys was talking about with regards to tabs on the lower part of the screen if it helps:

Nearly forgot to add, this is also on iOS Safari.

Last edited:
Are there supposed to be ads that follow you while scrolling? It won't let me post screenshots on phone and I haven't seen any on the pc but here is the ad info I can get.

GalaxyNote10
Google Chrome

Wont let me grab the link without going to the site and a new one appears the moment I get rid of the old one.

Edit, looks like @Karyis & @Arawn_Emrys have the same problem

Last edited:
I think you need to turn off the ads on the mobile site until this is fixed. Ads that are active in that fashion are much more likely to be malware. Please remove them. I enjoy the stories I read here and I'd rather not leave.

Also, I did a stupid and clicked on one of the ads by accident and it redirected me to some unrelated website. I already reported the ad via Google's report function but it seems the follow ads aren't the safest.

Oh yeah, before anyone starts saying anything about the ad rollout being worse than on SB because SB didn't have popup ads or ads that follow you around I'm pretty sure this is Google's (or whatever company who manages these ads) fault considering there's been a sudden influx of Popup ads on SB as well.

Last edited:
Pro tip: Brave browser on mobile is great. While it does have ads on YouTube… well. I also genuinely think that the 'turn ads off' subscription tier isn't a bad deal by any means, and would encourage signing up for that, but Brave is free and available on every? (I think) major app store.

Pro tip: Brave browser on mobile is great. While it does have ads on YouTube… well. I also genuinely think that the 'turn ads off' subscription tier isn't a bad deal by any means, and would encourage signing up for that, but Brave is free and available on every? (I think) major app store.

It's also been tied up in crypto shenanigans and is still running an Ethereum token to show ads and helping kill the world, so there's that.

It's also been tied up in crypto shenanigans and is still running an Ethereum token to show ads and helping kill the world, so there's that.
The more I hear about Brave, the less I want to use it. Just go with Firefox instead if you can have it on your mobile, from what I hear the android version comes can have extensions including uBlock Origin. Also, Firefox doesn't sell your data, and I think has a few built-in things to prevent tracking from other websites in the settings, alongside other security things. And this isn't even getting into all the other security extensions you can find besides uBlock.

Now that I'm done shilling ( :V ), for something more on-topic, has anyone else been getting the follow ads on android? I know ninjakirito6 mentioned it, but since most of the reports about it I've seen are for iOS I'm wondering if other androids have been having problems besides theirs.

The cookie-banner is not GDPR compliant, with reject being hidden behind the more options button (while accept is not).

Last edited:
Back