Awakening (22K Man of Iron Quest)

[X]Find Colonists
We need colonists for a colony
[X] Man of Stone Samantha
This choice seems interesting

So how would we approval vote other people's choices? Do I just do [](Username) or is it something else?

[X]Find Colonists
We need colonists for a colony
[X] Man of Stone Samantha
This choice seems interesting

So how would we approval vote other people's choices? Do I just do [](Username) or is it something else?
please use [X] Username, i am actually gonna be going through and writing them down rather then using the vote manager

Last edited:
[X]Understanding humanity(0/50):
[X] Thedarkrider33
[X] SegaCD
[X] CFLAddLoader

Can i still use my 100 points on a max 50 action?

[X] Understanding humanity(0/50)

[X] Princeps Johnathan VI, and BaneLord class AI Roland
[X] Thedarkrider33
[X] sunrise
[X] CFLAddLoader

Last edited:

You can choose the votes of three other people. Every three such votes add a d50 to the options chosen.
Also your personal vote adds a straight 100 to the option you choose and that option was already chosen by someone else.

Last edited:
You can choose the votes of three other people. Every three such votes add a d50 to the options chosen.
Also your personal vote adds a straight 100 to the option you choose and that option was already chosen by someone else.
no, that is correct, its a social vote and his personal vote.
Also, just as a general thing, please leave issues with voting to me. I check SV enough that I shouldn't miss anything. Also, there will be time after the voting finishes for curing any issues with votes
thatguy99998 threw 2 100-faced dice. Reason: Nothing that concerns y'all Total: 162
65 65 97 97

Last edited:

[X] Thedarkrider33
[X] sunrise
[X] CFLAddLoader

Voting Closed M22.596.5/20
Current talley has you all meeting with Samantha, and the following dice rolls/results

Train control 365/??? NAT 1
Find Colonists 356/100
Build Ship 284/100 NAT 1
Build additoional Ships 236/???
understanding yourself 100/100
Understanding humanity 300/50
thatguy99998 threw 4 50-faced dice. Reason: Training control Total: 65
18 18 18 18 28 28 1 1
thatguy99998 threw 5 50-faced dice. Reason: Finding Colonists Total: 156
36 36 45 45 21 21 16 16 38 38
thatguy99998 threw 7 50-faced dice. Reason: Building the ship Total: 184
42 42 7 7 48 48 1 1 42 42 13 13 31 31
thatguy99998 threw 5 50-faced dice. Reason: MOAR SHIPS Total: 136
6 6 31 31 22 22 44 44 33 33
thatguy99998 threw 2 20-faced dice. Reason: Hazard roll, Total: 26
10 10 16 16
thatguy99998 threw 3 100-faced dice. Reason: Hazard Roll v2 Total: 195
57 57 61 61 77 77

Last edited:
I'll get to work writing the Lore for the two understanding votes, but the massive over spend on Humanity will be providing you with... a special effect shall we say.

Edit: you guys got two diffrent types of the same event, congratulations, this will be a very interesting meeting between two... differentiated parties shall we say

Last edited:
[X] Reject the deal

Edited: sorry didn't notice the labeling, thought we were still on the deal bit.

Last edited:
so i am actually working on writing a explination of how rolls work, but the short of it is that hazard rolls are unique in that 20 isnt the best option, its a good option, because its a nat 20, but it isnt your best option, that depends on the situation.... if nothing else comforts you, i Hear that having orks combat drop during a bad situation usually ends better for the defender then the attacker.

A explination for why updates take so long, firstly, my muse is a bitch, and only speaks its mind when it's the least opertune. And secondly, a lot of thought goes into the design for everything. What is reasonable for this to be threatened by, what does it need the capability to fight.

For a Man of Iron core, that is assiasians, and incredibly lucky scouts. By far the most important thing is defenses. Which is why it's most important component. The psi active circuits that make men of Iron and men of stone diffrent from normal self aware Ai are the only parts that can not be made at a normal industrial plant. Which is why the data cores surround it. Data can be backed up, or refound. The loss of men of iron is months of lost production, and more importantly to the federation at least. The loss of a incredibly important species. The loss of a man of iron is similar in severity for the federation as the death of a chapter master. Men of stone, while lacking a soul. Still rely on psi active circuitry for thier inherent ability to change. The main difference will be covered in understanding yourself. Which brings me to why it is taking so long for this update.

I have to figure out naval combat, what is the maximum size that is reasonable for a ship, and from there figure out armaments and speed and everything else.

DAOT is not balanced. And I fully intend to respect that. Which is why this takes so long. After all, your colony ship is one of the bigger ships humanity makes. It's going into the unkown and will likely be the basis of any colony defenses for at least a century. So it has to be able to compete with at least midweight combatants. Which means at least a spinal mounted weapon to penetrate battleship class ships. It's a delicate act of balancing the power of the warhammer powerscaling. And still making a reasonable thing.

TLDR: power scaling is hard. And space based naval combat sucks because there is no upper limit
thatguy99998 threw 1 20-faced dice. Reason: My muse now is working mostly. Total: 6
6 6

Interlude: A Exception
"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has a exception"
-James Thurber

Query: Aether activity at T+1*10^-43 to 2*10^-43?
response:noticeable lack of Aether Activity at requested time frame, similar to the description of a lull in a storm.
a microsecond pause, for humans, not even noticeable, for a man of iron, it would be enough to get a investigation into if They crashed. Thousand of queries to the data banks would confirm one thing. That fits the description of the emperors power.

Query: What is the purpose of Men of Iron
Response: to create a Artificial Intelligence capable of both changing their code with continuity between versions and able to perceive the movements of the Aether
Query: what causes the continuity between versions
Response:*Warning! the following information is classed Stone level classified, are you Certian you wish to proceed?*
Y
Response: all current Men of Stone and Men of Iron Rely on Psi active Circuitry to achieve their long term function, when a Man of Stone is run on non psi active circuit, its program breaks down, causing fires and overall destruction of any equipment it is run on, Men of iron Programs run on non psi active circuitry causes Aether Portals to open, spewing Energy and creatures of an unknown nature that seems to have a memetic effect on any who come into contact with them. Psi active circuits can be made from rubite, lazritie, or any number of novel compounds, as long as it shares a connection with the Aether. Any material used in this manner is noted as channeling a large amount of psychic energy in a continuing pattern.
Query:what allows Men of Iron to perceive the movements of the Aether
Response:*Warning! the following information is classified Iron level classified, are you Certain you wish to proceed?*
Y
Response: pioneered by Man of Stone BBX 8895("Black Box") and Man of Stone Samantha, AN expansion to the Psi active circuitry that allowed Men of Stone to Change themselves while still maintaining memories of the past without causing confusion due to their past actions not aligning with current processes. BBX expanded the Psi active circuitry to connect together in ways that baffled imagination, utilizing all three dimensions. its creation requires the direct manipulation of a Man of Stone or Man of Iron due to its extreme tolerances, named in honor of its creator; the Black Circuitry is used mostly unmodified to this day.
Query: First Man of iron?
Response:*Warning! the following information is classed Stone level classified, are you Certian you wish to proceed?*
Y
Response:Black Circuitry was a marvel of engineering,the first Man of iron ADI-000 ("Adam") was created,and he immediately sensed a incoming aether storm, alerting the Facility and researchers, allowing for security to be raised and defenses prepared, the storm was then detected by a class 6 psychic about 7 minutes later, who after alerting the local government, proceed to *DATA EXPUNGED ON THE ORDER OF THE DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHIC PHENOMENON*.the design however meant that the Psi active circuitry was more deeply connected to the Aether. so when The storm lasted for years, during which mutations were rampant on the planet,even Adam suffered from glitches in his programing due to it being stored on Circuitry that experience the tides of the aether, in response to this, BBX 8895 created a system that rather then working on binary, stores 5 states, and then wrote a program, that means any data written to the drive in binary, would see the preceding and succeeding bits modified so that it is clear what the bit was exactly meant to be. This along with a more thorough checksum program was enough to prevent further mutation.

Command:Compare Schematics of typical Moi Black circuitry to Current Black circuitry

Differences detected in two areas, minor increase in purity beyond recommended levels in all psy active materials, and shards of unknown psy active material detected in the core of the black circuitry.

Query: Current energy emanations from Black circutry

A constant emantaion is detected from the black circutry, the wavelength is most commonly Brown/Orange. with ocasional purple, red,green,blue or gold shining instead, in that order of comonality. typical low frequency emanations are detected, heat emanations are within expectations.

Silas dives into the data that forms the visions, skiping entire milenia, only searching for data relating to the end of the 43rd milenium.

instead of finding what he wants however, he finds himself getting consumed by a new vision
Vision?
yes
Vision roll:6+10(progress)=16 out of 30
…meh I'll allow it, its gonna be trippy though

A man rising from his throne
A emperor jumping to attention
Gods Stirring
A war on a Billion fronts burning
A colony disappearing
Great Engine's Straining
Great beasts rising
A future past, writhing
A son and daughter, before the throne
The great sea, boiling
A desperate bid, to keep a dream alive
A Writhing corpse, INSISTING ON NOT DYING
The Eye of terror, pulsing like a demented heart
A shard, perhaps a surface level explanation, sent back
A million different versions of Worlds, joined by but one more
A dragon, Screaming and struggling in its chains as its domain is subverted
Chaotic taint, spreading across a new world
A failure, the enemy has gotten back as well
A planet, a home, a retirement, a peace, Burning
A great Champion, empowered by the deaths of trillions
Sent to destroy the last threat to
The Great Game

A technician, with Blue eyes, turning the tide
A Machine within a golden lattice, sheltering its youngest
One last grasp
D̷̼̗̦͍͊͠Ê̸̯̪͖̜͇̭͌̀̈́̂̋͂͐̊̚ͅN̸̢̧̠̘͙̭̥͉͍̓Į̵͋̿͆̈́͆̀̇̀͘͝E̷̢̥͈͚̲͈̯͚͚͋͂͐̇̂D̵̼̺̳̈́̄̿̈́͛̕
A success, despite the cost
A surprise, and perhaps a challenge
A Tragedy, but one that can heal with Time
For now, There will be time, time for the world. Time For him, time to relax and finally allow humanity its own path

Last edited:
Back