In this chapter, Amanda Waller has a chat with Agent Smith about performing Exterminatus to contain the Reaver epidemic, after Psycho Mantis inadvertently drew an Elder Sign while sending a tip-off to John Woo about Japanese migrant-slaves driven to America by Godzilla.

Last edited:
Team Mockingbird? Project Crucible? Making up random, vaguely cool sounding names? Taylor definitely acts like a teenager there.

Also, I love the fact that Slaughterhouse is some sort memetic mind disease here. I wonder if it's an Entity contingency to increase conflict rather then something of 'normal' parahuman origin.

Team Mockingbird? Project Crucible? Making up random, vaguely cool sounding names? Taylor definitely acts like a teenager there.

Oh, there's a reason she picked them. Well, not a reason per se, but an explanation for why those names came to mind which might be somewhat more obvious when you think about her age and her family history.

It's hilariously prosaic.

Butcher and Baker, hmmm ... is the Candlestick Maker going to be their boss? What fools errand is their trip in a tub on the sea going to be, containment of the Slaughterhouse maybe?

Great update as usual.

So is slaughterhouse a natural/entity thing or did bonesaw make it and it got named after the 9?

I like the implicit assumption that Taylor didn't actually contract Slaughterhouse. Now consider that the last thing she did in 1.1, before the world got weird, was read from a suspiciously titled book that contained strange diagrams.

Slaughterhouse is not only a delusion that destroys but also an enlightenment that blinds. Perhaps the only thing different for Taylor is that she can turn it off.

Can someone spoil me please?

I stopped reading it ages ago when I couldn't work out what the fuck was going on- has the crossover been shown yet?

So is slaughterhouse a natural/entity thing or did bonesaw make it and it got named after the 9?

I doubt the cannon Slaughterhouse 9 exist in this fic, except maybe as subject zero for the infection. As usual with Earthscorpion fics, people with power are actually smart and competent, which means people who act like Jack Slash and company in canon get a railgun round to head when they least expect it.

No, the S IX in this fic smells like an abyssal intruder, or some nasty memetic plague.

Can someone spoil me please?

I stopped reading it ages ago when I couldn't work out what the fuck was going on- has the crossover been shown yet?

It's a World of Darkness crossover, speculated to be nMage.

Last edited:
I doubt the cannon Slaughterhouse 9 exist in this fic, except maybe as subject zero for the infection. As usual with Earthscorpion fics, people with power are actually smart and competent, which means people who act like Jack Slash and company in canon get a railgun round to head when they least expect it.

No, the S IX in this fic smells like an abyssal intruder, or some nasty memetic plague.

It's a World of Darkness crossover, speculated to be nMage.
It probably means Jack Slash has a very nice office running The Conspiracy

Or it simply started with Jack, who, if you disregard the super slashing powers, it's exactly what he causes when he interacts with parahumans and potential parahumans. Sharp increase in insanity and number of triggers from latent parahumans.

So maybe THIS Jack died, but not before making his influence self perpetuating.

Jack Slash's shard was called the broadcast shard. If you throw that idea into a mixer with some of the crazy that Taylor has dealt with so far, it fits in with some sort of memetic contagion. I wonder how it spreads? The DHS agents said that one subject may have crossed the border, how long do you think it would take to infect a second subject.

Ugh, I could imagine this as some sort of Firefly Reaver thing , except with an actual contagion. That's a scary thought.

Summary for people who haven't seen Firefly:
(shame on you!)
One episode had the crew find a derelict ship that had been attacked by Reavers. Reavers killed/tortured all of the crew except one, and they made him watch. The survivor ended up going crazy and started acting like the Reavers, what with self-mutilation and cannibalism.

It occurs to me, if Taylor ever discovers that they think she has Slaughterhouse than she might conclude she does have it, since it may explain why her power is so fucked up.

The only flaw is that Taylor has been triggered (possibly infected) for several weeks by now. It doesn't match up for her catching it off whoever was involved in the border incident; it's come in too late.

Unless of course she's unintentionally calling them, somehow, which is almost certainly worse...

"Taylor Hebert, why must you persist in being such a reality deviant?"

"I'm not a reality deviant! I'm a hero!"

Don't spam.
My current headcanon for Slaughterhouse:
YOU HAVE LOST THE GAME

My current headcanon for Slaughterhouse:
YOU HAVE LOST THE GAME

GOD DAMN YOU. GOD DAMN YOU TO HELL AND BACK YOU MONSTER.

But really, the Slaughterhouse being a memetic virus is an interesting take on them. Certainly makes more sense than "Mass murderers butcher ANOTHER town and get away scot free again"

Considering Ellisburg was covered up to hell and back, makes me wonder what happened there. Clearly Piggot came out of their worse what with the limbs she never asked for. I'm guessing he did more than just eat a small town.

Also, I wonder if Agent Butcher has anything in common with a certain other Butcher with a grudge against the Slaughterhouse?

Also, as no one else has yet, I feel the need to point out that both of the DHS agents have the initials J.B., which automatically makes them super spies.

Back