Airquotes - Mass Effect SI

Hmmm, it's to bad no one thought of a reasoning some where along the lines of:

Even if one doesn't believe in Reapers being the destroyers of the Protheans, some one still played like they did and actually were good enough in doing so to actually convince the Geth it was true. The Geth core after all certainly indicates the Geth having been convinced of this matter.

Thus doesn't this combined with the Dreadnoughts absurd abilities argue that there is a not insubstantial chance that an unknown advanced race is playing the Geth and possibly Saren for their own purposes?

And just the Geth alone are troublesome enough already, but if there's an extra player who's controlling them, who seems to also be acting far more aggressively then the Geth did, well that could be major trouble.

Thus perhaps we should start stepping up our readiness just a little bit, just in case?

Hmmm, it's to bad no one thought of a reasoning some where along the lines of:

Even if one doesn't believe in Reapers being the destroyers of the Protheans, some one still played like they did and actually were good enough in doing so to actually convince the Geth it was true. The Geth core after all certainly indicates the Geth having been convinced of this matter.

Thus doesn't this combined with the Dreadnoughts absurd abilities argue that there is a not insubstantial chance that an unknown advanced race is playing the Geth and possibly Saren for their own purposes?

And just the Geth alone are troublesome enough already, but if there's an extra player who's controlling them, who seems to also be acting far more aggressively then the Geth did, well that could be major trouble.

Thus perhaps we should start stepping up our readiness just a little bit, just in case?

Honestly, I was thinking more along the lines is how in the world is Sovereign a Geth dreadnought when it look absolutely nothing alike? Like how did no one mention the completely different designs of Sovereign and the Geth ships.

Honestly, I was thinking more along the lines is how in the world is Sovereign a Geth dreadnought when it look absolutely nothing alike? Like how did no one mention the completely different designs of Sovereign and the Geth ships.
It's always possible to argue that some one totally changed design philosophy for some odd reason. It's easier to approach it thus from the side I did, which notes a potential outsider and then identifies a spacecraft beyond expectations for the Geth.

An excuse for why some alien group might be so advanced is easy to create as well. They might just have found a better cache of information from the Protheans then anyone else. (Which would be true, considering they were there to take it personally) Which would then also explain how they could fool the Geth.

Amusingly enough the entire argument basically does come to more or less similar conclusions as such, but based on basic reasoning of what was seen.

It's always possible to argue that some one totally changed design philosophy for some odd reason. It's easier to approach it thus from the side I did, which notes a potential outsider and then identifies a spacecraft beyond expectations for the Geth.
You know, while Reapers and geths designs have their differences, it's not in such drastic way as when comparing geth's and human's ships. At a cursory first glance their aesthetic is close enough: they both prefer smooth lines, organic look, unnecessary glowing lines on plating, for some reason use creepy insectoid legs as a landing gear, geths too mount energy weapons on their bigger crafts, if you squint your eyes Reapers may look like a disturbing alien bug. It's actually understandable why Council's first thought was 'a geth's dreadnought'

Fair enough then, though so much the better then, that my line of reasoning isn't based on the superficial looks then.
Keep in mind, at this point the Council have nothing but superficial looks and Shepard's stubbornness to go on. It's hardly like they got internal blueprints of the thing.

Keep in mind, at this point the Council have nothing but superficial looks and Shepard's stubbornness to go on. It's hardly like they got internal blueprints of the thing.
Except as I just reasoned, that's not the case. It showed performance far beyond expectations for a Dreadnought, even for the Geth. And the Geth core shows the Geth believed they were contacted by a previously unknown alien group.

Perfect evidence? Not really, but it's pretty darn suspicious.

It certainly wouldn't be inconceivable that an unknown 3rd party species is scouting out the Council species and stealing some useful Prothean stuff while they're at it.

The SI obviously never read "Harry Potter Geth" or he would know the line about the visions Shepard has being the same as Asari mind melds, evidence-wise.

"Ah yes, 'Not-A-Tool! Tevos'. We have dismissed this claim."

Great story. In the words of a certain lewd battleship, I shall be watching this intensely :grin:

I've read a lot of Mass Effect fics. This is one I keep coming back to even though there are only two chapters so far; there's something about the premise I find very intriguing. I like the fact that it depicts humans from an alien perspective but doesn't go overboard into the murky waters of "Humanity FUCK YEAH!" And I like that it definitely won't rehash the usual canon storylines (unless Sparatus were to resign as Turian Councillor and join Shepard's crew... um, please don't do that, by the way). What I really enjoy is the mix of the familiar (i.e. the Mass Effect universe) with the new and exciting. That's the main reason why I read fanfiction; I get temporary satisfaction out of it, in a Lacanian sort of way.

Anyway, Strunkriidiisk, I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread and I'm looking forward to seeing where you'll go from here. Good luck with it and please keep writing. ;)

Last edited:
Back