Administrative Tribunal Announcements - 2023/2024 Council Term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datcord

I will sing you the giggle of my people.
Welcome to the new 2023-2024 Council year!

This thread will be for the informational posting of all resolved Tribunals. As we did last year, there will be no discussion in this thread, but users will be welcome to make their own discussion threads in this forum.

2024-AT-02: Staff and AssaultRaven
forums.sufficientvelocity.com

2024-AT-02: Staff and AssaultRaven Increased

I was infracted 25 points for the following post, on being asked why I oppose college affirmative action. Text of the infraction: I respectfully appeal this infraction in its entirety, on the grounds that it incorrectly applies Rule 2. The infraction cites me for advocating for stricter...

To forestall questions: 2024-AT-01 was delayed in starting, resulting in this Tribunal being concluded and posted first.

Last edited:
2024-AT-03: Staff and Parzival

2024-AT-03: Staff and Parzival Reduced

Today, I was infracted 25 points for this post https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/cyberpunk-is-wrong.121648/post-29000302 on the grounds that it allegedly violated Rule 3. For context, Variable and I were having an argument about his usage of the word "corporatism", which I thought...

In addition, 2024-AT-01 was withdrawn at Appellant's request, so it will not be posted.

2024-AT-04: Staff and Evilchumlee; 2024-AT-05: Staff and Evilchumlee

2024-AT-04: Staff and Evilchumlee Upheld

Hello, I have started this appeal after discussing with Advocate @Fey'lya We have agreed on a course of action and will post ASAP. Thank you.

2024-AT-05: Staff and Evilchumlee Upheld

@Kei I'm appealing this because... I don't even know what I said that triggered the infraction, no details were given, no link to a thread, no explanation at all. I can't even find the thread I would assume it comes from to mount any sort of defense. Honestly this is outrageous.

Also, to answer the question in advance... the Community Council requested we try a new Tribunal schedule to assist in their ability to sufficiently review and discuss Tribunals. As such, we are trialing a ten (10) day schedule, with all Tribunals starting on a Friday and ending on the next Sunday.

Last edited:
2024-AT-06: Staff and Mandemon

2024-AT-06: Staff and Mandemon Upheld

On 1.11.2023 I was given following infraction: On 1.11.2023, I was infracted by @veteranMortal for following: However, I contest this infraction. I was not minimising IDF actions, I was trying to point out how severe they actually are. @Fey'lya has, thankfully, agreed to help as an...

2024-AT-07: Staff and Evilchumlee

2024-AT-07: Staff and Evilchumlee Upheld

@Council, The Staff of Sufficient Velocity have been requested to review the behaviour and continued presence of @Evilchumlee upon Sufficient Velocity. While this review was underway, their account also received a total of 200 active infraction points, sparking a second automatic User Review...

2024-AT-08: Staff and Delirium

2024-AT-08: Staff and Delirium Upheld

I'm appealing the infraction I was given for the following post: In the thread Unpopular opinions we have on fiction. (Direct link to post) The infraction was levied on the basis of a somewhat non-specific rule 2 violation: The text of the infraction was just what was noted in the thread...

2024-AT-09: Staff and Mandemon; 2024-AT-10: Staff and Dalmity

2024-AT-09: Staff and Mandemon Upheld

I received Rule 2 infraction from @Ori due to following two posts: Explanation provided is: I would disagree here. As I explained in my second post, I was trying to be mindful by acknowledging that gender is not tied to physical properties, but matter of identification. And since...

2024-AT-10: Staff and Dalmity Upheld

Hello, I would like to appeal this 25-point infraction I incurred here. https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/posts/30119233/ I'm not exactly sure if this exact post was the cause or the moderator has decided it was multiple posts together pushing them towards giving out this infraction. But I...

2024-AT-11: Staff and StarMaker764

2024-AT-11: Staff and StarMaker764 Overturned

I wish to make an appeal aganist the infraction in the stanford professor thread, however I am having issues finding advocates due to the current period being the holiday season and real life constraints, so I am requesting a week extension if possible.

2024-AT-12: Staff and BirdBodhisattva

2024-AT-12: Staff and BirdBodhisattva Upheld

Dear Arbitrator, I am appealing an Infraction and Threadban on the following thread (link to the Staff infraction post as follows): https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/esquestria-the-house-of-the-sun-a-pony-cultist-experience.71721/page-2050?post=30551125#post-30551125 Before I...

2024-AT-13: Staff and manav1995; 2024-AT-14: Staff and The Zombie; 2024-AT-15: Staff and Kingcrusader New

2024-AT-13: Staff and manav1995 Upheld

The thread has been quite active and dramatic, as most people on the thread are against Israel's ongoing brutal war against Hamas in Gaza. It was generally negative and intense, and we can all agree that it is a terrible situation over there, perhaps bordering on genocide. The post I made was...

2024-AT-14: Staff and The Zombie Upheld

I'm still feeling my feet around here, but I've been infracted ostensibly under "Rule 5 - don't make [Staff's] jobs harder" for For context, the conversation that led to my ban (formatting may be shagged as I cant edit / quote from that thread at the moment, cheers for that shinaobi) The...

2024-AT-15: Staff and Kingcrusader Upheld

I am appealing the 25 point Infraction in the following post: https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/islamophobia-and-the-new-mccarthyism.123752/post-30978560 I also request extended time so I can seek an advocate, given to the advice that was offered by the previous councilors from my...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back