Aces in High School

"Hello!" Markus smiles and waves, and heads out to where his crewmates are talking with mechanics.

The B-17E bomber that's been a longstanding companion is still being readied, and after passing on information from the briefing, Markus joins in the preparations. M2 machine guns are undergoing last minute adjustments as 8 500 pound AN-M64A1 bombs are loaded up.

Akane Kazama
Is my sweetheart ready to go?

As we arrive at the airfield, I wave and smile at the other president before walking towards the hangars.

Along the way to my airplane, however, I pass by those of the others to see what they have. So far, they look worthy of admiration. Many varying types and shapes, too. Already, I look forward to flying with them.

And then there's mine, a P-38E Lightning, her red and cyan coat as well as her twin engines and booms standing out from the surroundings. Camouflage wasn't her intent, but rather, misdirection, or a dazzle effect. That, and looking artistic, too. Mechanics surround her, hopefully giving her the tender loving care she needs.

I check in with them, asking what checks they've done and the status of my warbird from them. From there, it's a matter of mentally checking which were missed out, as well as confirming their reports for myself.

Back