A World of Luck: A Roll to Dodge RP (Always recruiting)

This game sounds very fun!

Details for my character, an OC, are as follows.
1) Currently wearing a (figuaratively) cheesy band Tank top and red jean pants.
2) Physicist in the vein of death rays and laser cannons.
3) Has a Raging Headache.

What are the rules on bonuses at character creation?

Any traits that don't provide mechanical bonuses are fine; for example, I just write is playing an alien robot and as such, has Doesn't Need to Breath as a character trait. You can get one +1 to start with if you have a -1 to balance it out, subject to my approval. For example, you might get a +1 to building offensive technology, balanced by a -1 to social rolls.

@Crimson Doom might I ask what anime/comic/movie/novel series you have knowledge in? I'm planning something big for my OC and his band of misfits.

I'm very knowledgeable in DC and Marvel, as well as Mistborn. I'm reasonably familiar with the likes of Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, and Percy Jackson, as well as Nanoha up until StrikerS and PMMM. I am not familiar with the likes of James Bond, Indiana Jones, or Jason Bourne, and have knowledge of Star Wars only if you acknowledge that I have only seen the first six movies. However, if it is a Disney or Pixar animated film, you can reasonably assume that I've seen it.

Does this help, or do you need something more specific?

Forgot there was a new mechanic in character creation.

This True Scotsman
+1 to all Close Combat Rolls

-1 to all Rolls involving Technology (after the Medieval Period*) and Magic

*Put him somewhere in the High or Late Middle Ages; he has a matchlock pistol on him.

How's this @Crimson Doom?

Forgot there was a new mechanic in character creation.

This True Scotsman
+1 to all Close Combat Rolls

-1 to all Rolls involving Technology (after the Medieval Period*) and Magic

*Put him somewhere in the High or Late Middle Ages; he has a matchlock pistol on him.

How's this @Crimson Doom?

Your +1 is fine, but that's technically two -1 rolls, which isn't necessary. Given that the only technology you're likely to encounter that's beyond your character's scope will come from other players, I'm more inclined to accept the -1 to magic rolls.

I'm very knowledgeable in DC and Marvel, as well as Mistborn. I'm reasonably familiar with the likes of Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, and Percy Jackson, as well as Nanoha up until StrikerS and PMMM. I am not familiar with the likes of James Bond, Indiana Jones, or Jason Bourne, and have knowledge of Star Wars only if you acknowledge that I have only seen the first six movies. However, if it is a Disney or Pixar animated film, you can reasonably assume that I've seen it.

Does this help, or do you need something more specific?
Yes. Yeessss this will be more than sufficient. Especially DC and Marvel. I myself have only watched the Star Wars movies and pretty much ignored all other Star Wars related stuff, so we're both in the same boat.

Any other anime than PMMM and Nanoha though? A quick list if you could.

Yes. Yeessss this will be more than sufficient. Especially DC and Marvel. I myself have only watched the Star Wars movies and pretty much ignored all other Star Wars related stuff, so we're both in the same boat.

Any other anime than PMMM and Nanoha though? A quick list if you could.

Some Sergeant Frog, about six episodes of Pretty Cure, and a lot of the Pokemon anime that I have spent years attempting to forget. Some Fullmetal Alchemist. I think that covers my anime exposure?

Oh, also, I'm pretty familiar with the Avatar: the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra franchise.

Some Sergeant Frog, about six episodes of Pretty Cure, and a lot of the Pokemon anime that I have spent years attempting to forget. Some Fullmetal Alchemist. I think that covers my anime exposure?

Oh, also, I'm pretty familiar with the Avatar: the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra franchise.
Alright, a respectable list. I can work with this no problem.

Korra especially. See how those platinum mecha deal with concentrated small arms fire and an angry fanboy(Mick).

Your +1 is fine, but that's technically two -1 rolls, which isn't necessary. Given that the only technology you're likely to encounter that's beyond your character's scope will come from other players, I'm more inclined to accept the -1 to magic rolls.
Alright, +1 to fighting and -1 to magic it is!

Back