A Shift In Logic. (TFP SI Sequel.)
Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

What would one do if they woke up with a singular eye, a head full of terrible, mad ideas and the desire to perform science? Oh, don't forget the fact that he's a giant robot. That's pretty important.

Now, just what would said robot do if he found himself lost in a multiverse he had only theorised to exist, desperate to return to a war that will decide the ultimate fate of his home?

The answer? Just about anything.

---

If you're new to my work, welcome! Please allow me to direct you to the story that this fanfic is a direct sequel of, How Very Logical. You'll need to read it if you want actual context for just what the Hell's going on in here.

And if you're migrating from this story's predecessor? Well, good to have you back in the fold again! Now buckle up for more logical shenanigans!

Canon omakes=Side Stories section.
Non-canon omakes=Apocrypha.
Fanart/memes/etc=Media.

Link to the discord server with over four hundred other weirdos.

As always, that's enough of my chatter. Let's begin the show.
Last edited:
LOG-2-001.
We partake in a considerate amount of tomfoolery.

LOG-2-001.

302 Stellar Cycles BRE (Before-Rift-Event.)

[USER IDENTIFIED: SUB-COMMANDER SHOCKWAVE.]

Hm.

[REMOTE CONNECTION TO SOL-CLASS FRAME ESTABLISHED.]

One moment, I was seated in a command throne, situated in the center of an interstellar cargo freighter, a modified cortical psychic patch cable plugged into the back of my helm. The next, I was looking at a blank grey bulkhead from the perspective of a drone, surrounded by countless others of its kind.

The fringe benefits of having experimented with deep-scan interrogation techniques near the middle of the war. Oh, and having a Progenitor Commander for a patron, that certainly helped as well.

[ACTIVATING PRIMARY SYSTEMS.]

I slowly craned my armoured helm downwards, taking in this new body's chassis. A robust frame with slabs of armour covered the core pseudo-protoform. My proxy body's singular optic, hidden behind a carefully designed display visor, let me zoom my vision towards a dull black and green servo, the limb clenching into a fist with but a thought as I drew it up for further inspection.

[ACTIVATING SECONDARY SYSTEMS.]

The distinctly familiar feeling of several weapons connecting to the drone's processor was both comforting, and yet also a firm reminder of just what was about to happen in a few moments. In a fit of what I almost dared to call whimsy, I'd opted to equip these particular bodies with more physical weaponry. Material armaments had long since been phased out by Cybertronians in favour of more energy based weapons, mostly due to concerns regarding materials and longevity. Actual bullets had been a pipedream just a short while ago, yet now I had a small pack behind my waist chock full of ammunition.

[ACTIVATING TERTIARY SYSTEMS.]

Mechanically reaching back and drawing the Sol's attached autocannon, I turned and strode past at least a dozen other drones, making my way into the ship's bridge. Silently, I noted the utter lack of sensation from this temporary body, even as I took in the sight of my actual frame, still sitting stock still in the command throne, my true helm tilted slightly downwards to accommodate the large cable latched into the rear of it and connecting to the rudimentary broadcasting station I'd cobbled together.

The body's mono optic remained lit, despite the utter lack of any sort of conciousness behind it.

Staring for a second, I shook myself and turned to face the forward sensor suite, going over the data presented to me.

The distant, jagged, distinctly Decepticon figure of the Peaceful Tyranny was slowly yet steadily getting closer and closer as the freighter I'd been provided with continued to burn towards it.

My target was a warship. One designed more to act as an armed chariot for the psychopathic members of the Decepticon Justice Division than anything else, but that didn't change the simple fact that compared to the barely modified cargo-hauler I'd been told to make use of, it was practically invincible.

If it hadn't had its entire thruster bank shorn off by concentrated anti-orbital fire, that is. Now it was practically invincible, but very much immobile. I could also assume that its shields were either recharging, or down entirely. The result was the same regardless.

Step one, learn the enemy's weaknesses. Done.

On to step two, exploiting said weaknesses.

The voice that came out of my temporary body's voice box was entirely monotone, lacking even a hint of life. Not that the drone truly ever had any in the first place.

"Pilot unit, reorient forward section to face the target vessel's rear segments, then deactivate all systems. Ensure they can't detect us." Some random proximity sensor indicating an approaching piece of what would appear to be space debris would most definitely be ignored in favour of the DJD desperately working to get their engines back online.

There was no affirmative, like any normal soldier would provide. Just silent compliance as the Sol unit at the ship's navigation console mindlessly input the new parameters it had been provided, angling us into what would be an inevitable collision course with the Tyranny. A second later, the lights of the bridge, alongside every console within said bridge, all shut down as one, bathing both myself and the handful of drones I'd assigned here in utter darkness.

A simple thought shifted my vision into something better suited for the pitch black dark, even as I left the bridge in favour of making my way back through several significantly darker hallways.

"All units not assigned to bridge control are to report to the forward half of the ship. Unit Beta will assume defensive positions. Unit Alpha are to accompany my proxy frame. All other units will await further orders within the primary loading bay."

More silence, save for several confirmation pings bouncing off the processor I was borrowing. Eventually, I began to hear the sound of clanking footsteps, and then I began to see several separate groups of drones ducking behind dust covered crates, with others waiting just behind opened doorways. Behind me, eight identical drones marched in lockstep, autocannons grasped firmly in cold, unfeeling servos. The trip ended when we finally reached our planned destination, the empty loading bay.

Primus had given me a ship older than most living Cybertronians, and a small army of, by his standards, fodder drones.

The hidden meaning behind the decisions made was clear. I would either prove that I could serve as a dependable operative that could improvise when needed and eliminate the loose end that was the DJD, or our creator would be rid of a particularly problematic mech that could potentially compromise the fragile peace the ancient being was attempting to hold together between what was left of our people. Then he'd probably send someone else to deal with the DJD as well.

Suffice to say, I had limited resources, and I was on a time limit. Thankfully, I knew who I was fighting, and I had (with a bit of work) the element of surprise.

Tarn would be the biggest problem. I couldn't be sure how effective his vocal-based abilities would be on non-sentient drones, so I'd need to prioritise disabling the mentally damaged (yet incredibly dangerous) mech first. The rest could be dealt with after I'd dispatched their leader.

My real body was held safely in the back of the freighter, and would, Primus willing, avoid the bulk of the fighting that was about to ensue.

Now all that was left to do was wait. And wait I did, locking the proxy drone's joints into place and silently counting the minutes away before my heavily improvised boarding pod prepared to slam into the side of the Peaceful Tyranny's damaged thrust section.

As minutes turned into seconds, I braced myself, surrounded by drones unflinchingly awaiting the impending collision. The air almost seemed to hum with anticipation, the tension palpable even without the ability to truly feel it in my temporary form.

And then?

Impact.

Several bulkheads crumpled as they collided with the Tyranny's armour, even as the front door of the loading bay silently fell forward from what were now most likely inoperable clamps, revealing the void beyond and the looming silhouette of the warship we'd just rammed ourselves into. The only reason we weren't actively being sucked out into the blackest depths of space was because I'd already ordered the ship emptied of atmosphere long before we'd even come into view of our target.

Metal groaned and strained against the impact, but the outcome was the same. We'd arrested our movement next to the far larger vessel, placing us right next to its damaged rear.

And more importantly, we were now too close for its ship to ship weapons to target and destroy us. A most satisfactory outcome.

I glanced at the several holes and tears dotting the warship's hull, jagged edges creating makeshift entry points and revealing what were likely the long since isolated insides of the Decepticon vessel. Then I raised a servo, waving it forward.

"Unit Alpha. Advance. Infiltrate. Assault."

The Sol units didn't need to be told twice, silently striding past me and leaping off of the deck plating (and thus the artificial gravity attached to it as well) keeping their pedes rooted to one place without a second thought.

They weren't truly Cybertronians, despite their similarities frame-wise, and as a direct result the drones lacked anything that even resembled a t-cog. There was no transformation, or even some kind of anti-grav system activating to propel them towards their target. They simply threw themselves forward after calculating appropriate entry trajectories, and allowed their own inertia to float them towards the warship.

As unit Alpha all collectively thumped against the hull of the Peaceful Tyranny, I waved my servo forward once more, watching with interest as the now somewhat distant figures pulled their way through various breaches without even a hint of self preservation.

"Unit Charlie. Amalgamate with unit Alpha. Delta, assume Charlie's previous positions."

Eight more Sol drones stomped past me and mindlessly threw themselves forward, just as the eight Sols of unit Delta took up their new positions behind me.

The plan would likely require adjustment as complications inevitably arose, but for now at least, things were going exactly as intended.

First, I'd establish a suitable beachhead aboard the ship. Once my first wave of Sols managed to cut their way through whatever lockdown the DJD had initiated, I'd swarm the rest of the vessel with sheer numbers. The Decepticon Justice Division were used to being on the offensive. It was time to see just how well they would react to a boarding attempt.

As for the bridge, I would take that personally. Preferably with Tarn being buried beneath at least a squad's worth of Sols with his voice box torn out.

Well, in a certain manner of speaking anyway. It simply wasn't logical to risk myself, not when I had a perfectly useable task force of emotionless combat drones to do the dirty work for me.

...Truly, would Primus' wonders ever cease?

Last edited:
Tarn would be the biggest problem. I couldn't be sure how effective his vocal-based abilities would be on non-sentient drones, so I'd need to prioritise disabling the mentally damaged (yet incredibly dangerous) mech first.
Tarn and his fellow Decepticon Justice Division comrades are like the evil X-Men with special abilities that stand them out from most Cybertronians.

They weren't truly Cybertronians, despite their similarities frame-wise, and as a direct result the drones lacked anything that even resembled a t-cog. There was no transformation, or even some kind of anti-grav system activating to propel them towards their target. They simply threw themselves forward after calculating appropriate entry trajectories, and allowed their own inertia to float them towards the warship.
At least they would serve a glorious purpose given to them by SI Shockwave and they are doing their part to neutralize the Decepticon Justice Division.

This is an awesome sequel and I look forward for more with great interest.

LOG-2-002.
Oh hoh, fight scenes!

LOG-2-002.

The feeling of freely floating through the void was lost on me while within the proxy frame, but the high fidelity camera and pressurisation systems inherent to the Sol's design mostly made up for it. It was a quiet few seconds before I clamped on to the hull, my servos held flat in front of me to prevent an unfortunate accident. A few silent thumps registered to my sensors as the next wave of boarders landed right behind me, even as I began to pull myself towards a nearby breach point.

One pull, another, and then I was all but throwing myself inside the ship, internally noting the fact that any semblance of artificial gravity had either been disabled by Primus' initial barrage, or had been purposefully deactivated by the crew.

Tilting my helm slightly, I noted the opened doorway in front of me, the armoured barrier's edges still glowing from exposure to a high intensity plasma cutter held by a nearby Sol drone.

The first team had made it inside, and judging by the incredibly faint sounds of kinetic rounds being fired in periodic bursts, they'd encountered the first of the Decepticon Justice Division. Truly a trial by fire for the design if there ever was one, I was certain the resulting data would most definitely prove useful for further research and development in my new line of killing machines.

Quickly unhosltering my autocannon, even as several more Sol's crawled their way through the hole behind me, carefully pushing themselves against walls and the ceiling in order to avoid impacting with one another, I began to pull myself forward, using a dented piece of bulkhead as a convenient handold.

Zero gravity combat wasn't something I had perfected to an exact art, but I'd partaken in a fair few raids against Functionist, and eventually Autobot stations near the beginning of the war, back when the Decepticons still largely held the element of surprise in Megatron's violent insurrection.

Planting a pede against one of the walls, I pushed myself towards the doorway and continued onwards, several drones silently following behind me.

---

"We have an issue."

Vos turned to regard Helex, idly firing a final blast into the smoking husk of one of the automatons that had infiltrated the Peaceful Tyranny. His counterpart turned, peeking his helm around a corner only for several more physical rounds to tear through a corner of his shoulderplate in response, prompting the larger mech to let out a brief yelp, shifting his large servos back into their blaster configurations.

"More of them. Have you gotten the door open yet?"

A singular response in the primal vernacular prompted an annoyed groan from Helex.

"Right, Tarn isn't here to talk for you. Whatever, just get ready to shoot the rest of these scrap-"

That's just about as far as the massive mech got before a singular sound prompted both of them to freeze.

Ping.

The clatter and roll of a small object passing through the doorway to settle at Helex's pedes prompted Vos to leap backwards, even as his coworker attempted the same, to little success.

His own rifle snapped up in an attempt to get a sight line, only for the thinner mech to retreat even further as some form of blade flashed just shy of his optics. Behind the drone threatening him, he could see a charred Helex slowly being overwhelmed by even more of the automated mechs, their bulky, armoured forms clambering over the Decepticon, steadily plunging their sizzling blades in between his own armour slots and neatly severing what were very much vital energon lines.

Resisting the urge to exhale air that wasn't present, Vos shifted a servo into a blade to match that of his attacker, taking on a ready stance.

---

One objective down, at the cost of over half a dozen Sols. Thankfully, I had more on the way. What was currently more important was the black and grey mech in front of me, his battlemask obscuring any features besides his blank looking crimson optics.

The mark-one heat gladius had been an, admittedly, last minute revision to the Sol loadout after I'd considered the success the Zakus had achieved with their own melee armaments. As a result, it was with a dark grey blade almost bordering on black, edged with the red hot glow of heated metal, that I leapt towards the second of my targets. Vos parried, of course, but it didn't stop me from pushing him further back into a corner, even as the pained gurgling from the mech behind me finally gave way to silence as the Sols finished with their butchering of him.

With a surprisingly graceful slash, Vos expertly deflected my second strike with his own melee weapon, the clash of metal echoing in the dimly lit corridor. I pressed forward, my movements carefullly calculated, aiming to exploit any opening I could observe in his defense. The mech was skilled, I'd give him that, but victory was my only option and I wasn't about to let myself be beaten by what wasn't even the main event of this little show.

I barely noticed his optics widen drastically as one of the Sols behind me braced themselves against a nearby wall and took aim, right before firing a burst at the DJD member that promptly shot forward several rounds into and through his left knee joint. He had just a second to falter before I slammed into him, using my larger bulk to pin him against the nearby bulkhead.

The following struggle was a desperate, futile endeavor as I used the proxy's enhanced hydraulic systems to pry away his arms, right before wedging my burning gladius beneath his chin and piercing it upwards, right through the center of his helm. His optics brightened ever so slightly with what I presumed was incredible pain as I leaned forward, one servo bracing against his shoulder as I wrenched the gladius back and forth, allowing the heated metal to effectively cook what was left of his processor into unusable slag.

"Rest now. You may just be salvageable later."

Vos slumped pretty much instantly, frame slowly floating back to settle against the wall, even as I pulled my blade out with a flourish, eyeing the small cloud of liquid energon steadily pouring out from just above his neck.

Maybe the spark could be recovered and repurposed if this was all finished quickly enough. Or maybe not. I'd return later and find out, I supposed.

Turning my back on the processor-dead mech, I gestured to the locked down door the pair of Decepticons had been trapped behind, even as a nearby Sol obligingly stepped forward with a plasma cutter.

---

Soft music idly echoed through his helm, even as he considered the almost panicked sounding calls for assistance from the rest of his team, all of them hauntingly ringing out through the comm network, right before each one was silenced.

Tarn clenched a fist, a subtle grinding sound reaching his audio receptors as the metal of his servo slowly began to bend, right before he eased the pressure just enough to prevent further damage.

"Nickel, I am extremely hopeful you have good news for me. Kaon has stopped responding entirely, and we still appear to be locked in the medbay."

The miniscule femme just muttered back a particularly foul curse as sparks continued to arc outwards from the panel she'd sliced open, her dainty digits delicately reworking wires into a new configuration.

"I'm trying. It's like the whole system is down. Either they've cut us off from the bridge or they've already gotten to the reactor and shut down the entire fragging ship!"

The minicon turned, presenting her leader with a rather obscene gesture.

"Plus I'm not built for this kind of stuff and your nagging certainly isn't helping! I'm a medic if your slagged processor hasn't forgotten! Now hush!"

Tarn resisted the urge to let an annoyed sigh escape his mask. Then his helm snapped up, the weapons on his arms thrumming to life as the door abruptly slid open.

The towering figure of Tesarus took a single step towards him, the mech's prominent X-shaped visor flickering before his teammate fell over with a tortured groan, several billowing smoke trails wafting up from his utterly ravaged back.

Tarn was already blasting at the small crowd of hostiles that had been clustered behind the dying Decepticon, even as Nickel threw herself behind a nearby berth for cover.

---

I paused in the midst of pinning down a snarling, heavily damaged turbofox with my pede as several losses pinged against my current body's processor. Unit Charlie and Delta were taking significant losses near the left most side of the ship. No small thing, considering even a single drone should be enough to contend with relatively well trained cybertronian. Just another indicator of the inherent danger in leaving the DJD unchecked to do as they pleased.

Stomping my pede back down on the turbofox a few more times forced the snarls to give way to pained whimpers, even as I ordered a nearby Sol to grab hold of the sparking, shivering thing and keep it still until I returned. I somehow doubted I could recover Dominus Ambus with any real sense of his sanity intact, but it wouldn't at all hurt to make the effort. Who knew, maybe I could get a certain Autobot commander to view me in a slightly different light if I brought his brother back relatively safe, if not very sound.

Contemplating the benefits of trying to sway Ultra Magnus into less of a hardliner mindset and the effects such a thing might have for future Autobot-Decepticon relations, I pushed off against the wall behind me and began to make my way towards the positions my Sols had reported themselves making a stand in before being offlined.

Three, or possibly even four out of seven. Time to finish off the rest.

LOG-2-003. New
Get in the discord server get in it NOOOOOW.

LOG-2-003.

The journey through the dimly lit corridors of the Peaceful Tyranny could be described as eerily silent if I were the more dramatic sort, broken only by the occasional clank of my pedes steadily impacting against the metal floor and walls in order to propel me further through zero gravity.

In turn, my temporary frame's camera scanned my current surroundings with a near inaudible whirr, searching for any sign of movement or threat as I advanced towards the area where my Sol units had reported encountering heavy resistance. Behind me, what was left of the initial assault force that I'd managed to retrieve parodied my movements in absolute silence, save for the subtle signals shared between themselves on the local network connecting us all.

The closer I got, the more evident the signs of battle became. Scorch marks, dented armour, and the occasional flicker of damaged machinery littered the passageways, showing off just what I'd missed while securing the other half of the ship. The battered, savaged corpse of what I recognised to be Helex lay faceplate down on the floor outside what seemed to be a medbay, surrounded by the burnt out frames of my drone troops. Just nearby, a doorway that had visibly been cut open lay waiting for further exploration.

The remaining survivors of the DJD hadn't gone down without a fight, that was for certain. And judging by the evidence...there were still some to hunt down and confront.

Lovely.

As I rounded a corner, I came upon the scene of a second skirmish. Sol units lay scattered across the floor, some still operational but damaged, while others were completely offline. Opposite them, lay another door, this one rather clearly welded shut.

"Hm."

It was with a start that my frame fell to its pedes seconds later, the artificial gravity in this part of the ship seemingly having been restored through the actions of someone other than myself.

Sweeping a servo forward and letting my internal commands filter throughout the rest of the network, I watched the door carefully as my surviving 'squad' advanced, some of them kneeling down and beginning preliminary repairs on their stricken comrades while others readied their weapons.

[UNIT DELTA REPORT: BRIDGE CAPTURE COMPLETE.]

The sudden ping of a notification drew my attention for less than a second, before I focused back on the door, my servo clenching around the handle of the gladius in its grip.

"Patch it into the network."

[CONFIRMED.]

The feeling of the ship around me being forcibly absorbed by the unseen cloud acting as my connection to the Sols was...strange. Not necessarily unpleasant, but strange nonetheless. New, in a word.

And just like that, I had access to everything. I could lock or unlock doors at will, rather than requiring drone units to individually hack them. I could see through each and every camera and surveillance device, the one just beyond my current obstacle showing the three remaining DJD members clearly trying to access a nearby terminal.

I could take control of the ship and use its manouvering thrusters to force a terminal entry into Cybertron's orbit, if I so wished. I could turn the remaining security systems of the ship on its former owners, reducing them to naught but slag in a matter of seconds.

However, I wanted these ones alive.

So instead, I did something a little simpler. I accessed the intercom and let my voice ring out into the isolated hallway the three Decepticons I was watching had effectively sealed themselves in.

---

"Decepticon Justice Division."

Three helms glanced upwards as one, all with different expressions.

Nickel glanced at Tarn just in time to see the large mech clench his servos with what was quite clearly homicidal intent, even as Kaon (who they had somehow had the fortune of running into during their retreat away from the medbay) muttered quietly upon recognising the voice.

"Shockwave...scrap."

Heedless of their reactions, the presumed scientist behind the intercom continued.

"Helex, Tesarus, and Vos have all been either disabled or offlined. What used to be Agent One One Three has been recovered for study. The rest of your vessel has been secured by my forces."

A slight pause, as if the mech was considering something. The next word that came out of the intercom was so matter of fact that Nickel almost felt as if she'd sprung a glitch in her processor.

"Surrender."

Tarn's grinding servos stilled, their leader tilting his helm and stepping forward with an almost relaxed gait-

"Any and all outgoing signals are currently being contained within the intersecting hallway you've all conveniently decided to lock yourselves inside of. Additionally, each doorway that you've welded shut has a minimum of eight drones behind it. All have been equipped with explosive weaponry."

The mech almost sounded amused, for someone who was well known for having undergone mnemosurgery.

"You have ten seconds to get down on the ground, with your servos interlocked behind your helms. Ten-"

As the number slowly began to tick down, Kaon's bottomless black optics turned to glance at Tarn.

"This is Shockwave. Getting captured wouldn't exactly be preferable in our situation."

The smaller mech's counterpart nodded.

"Fake a surrender. We'll just have to fight our way out."

---

As the trio of Cybertronians began to kneel down on the ground, I tilted my helm in bemusement.

Keeping the audio on and risking Tarn using his quite literally deadly voice had been a gamble. But it was one that had paid off, it seemed.

Stepping back, I allowed a Sol to pass me by, the drone taking a knee and shouldering a disposable missile launcher I had equipped one member of every squad with.

The rest of the faux-mechs around me were already moving as the rocket propelled grenade was, well, propelled into the blocked door, metal shearing apart with a screech as the entire damned thing was blown inwards. Shrapnel flew through the air, pinging against the carefully forged armour of my Sols as the assault team surged forward, rifles already up and firing a veritable rain of bullets towards the stunned trio of DJD members.

Tarn was, predictably, the first to recover, the large mech's optics blazing a burning crimson as he levelled an oversized blaster cannon towards my charging drones.

By the time the majority of them had made it through the chokepoint that was the blown open doorway, three had already had their frames torn apart with energon based ammunition.

The situation was rather evident. Tarn, Nickel and Kaon were outnumbered, and they were outgunned.

Thus, I called for two squads worth of reinforcements just in case, watching the battle rage on from the safety of my proxy frame and analyzing the combat data streaming in from my Sol units.

---

Three. Four. And five. Five of the enemy dispatched before they could reach him.

He would attempt to speak. To reduce them to writhing, spasming buckets of bolts on the floor before him.

If he could get the damned chance to get a word out without being shot at!

As the battle unfolded in the cramped confines of the corridor, Tarn found himself facing off against two more of what he could only presume were Shockwave's newest creations, both of them wielding short blades crackling with heated energy. With a quiet sigh, he unsheathed his own oversized armblade, its serrated edge gleaming in the dim light of their makeshift arena.

Presumably, they'd decided that melee would offer them better prospects compared to their previously ranged confrontation. He would have to educate them on their poor choices in life.

Regardless of his inner thoughts, the drones advanced with a silent precision that he could appreciate in an opponent, their blades slashing through the air with deadly intent. Tarn met their assault head on, his own weapon moving with fluid grace as he parried their first few probing strikes. The sound of metal meeting metal echoed through the corridor, punctuated by the occasional burst of gunfire as Nickel and Kaon engaged other boarders just behind him.

Despite his carefully refined skill in combat, Tarn found himself hard pressed to keep up with the relentless assault of the machines. Their synchronized movements and constant, relentless attacks forced the mech onto the defensive, each blow landing with strut jarring force against his heavy armour.

But he had not become the leader of the Decepticon Justice Division based off of loyalty to the cause alone. With a roar of carefully released anger, he countered their attacks with a special kind of ferocity, one born of desperation. Capture by Shockwave was something that most bots had nightmares about, in a similar vein to those who considered the thought of a visit from the DJD to be a unique kind of terror. Thus, his armblade became a blur of motion as he lashed out with lightning fast strikes, aiming for what few vulnerable joints and exposed armour points he could identify on the pair of drones.

Unfortunately, the two had seemingly decided to fight back with equal tenacity, their glowing blades leaving trails of searing heat in their wake. Tarn gritted his dentae behind his mask against the pain of yet another burning hit tearing yet more armour from his frame, his optics narrowing as he focused all his energy on breaking through their defenses.

Then, in a moment of opportunity, he saw his chance. With a swift movement, he feinted to the left, drawing one of the boarders off balance. With a powerful sweep of his armblade, he cleaved through its torso, sending sparks flying as it crumpled to the ground. A quick shot from his ranged weapon to its thick helm finished it off after that.

He had little time to savour his victory, however. The remaining drone pressed its newfound advantage, redoubling its attack with renewed effort as it moved to exploit his exposed form. Tarn fought on, his movements becoming more erratic as he struggled to keep up with its relentless assault.

Then, in a stroke of rather horrid luck, a stray jab from its short blade slammed into the exposed connecting cables of his blaster cannon, damaging the weapon's firing mechanism and causing it to shut down rapidly in order to prevent a potential overload. With a curse, Tarn discarded the damaged gun, relying solely on his armblade to see him through the rest of the duel.

Despite the setback, the proud Cybertronian refused to falter in the face of mere droids. With a loud snarl (an attempt to let his comrades know he was still kicking, more than anything else), he launched himself at the remaining machine, his armblade flashing in the air as he delivered a series of devastating blows. With each strike, he felt the subtle thrill of combat coursing through the depths of his twisted spark, alongside the deeply internalised knowledge that he was destroying enemies of true Decepticon orthodoxy, the fact driving him ever onward.

And finally, after what almost seemed like an eternity rather than a mere instant, the drone fell before him, its frame battered and broken. Tarn stood tall amidst the wreckage, his own armour scorched and dented, but his victory made clear nonetheless.

With a satisfied grunt, the mech turned his attention to the rest of the battlefield, ready to join Nickel and Kaon and help them finish their own fights.

That's when three more of the damned drones sprinted their way through the doorway and leapt at him.

---

[SECONDARY TARGETS: DISABLED.]

I nodded slowly, watching a battered Kaon and a violently swearing Nickel get effectively bullied into a corner.

"All available units, move to restrain primary target."

[CONFIRMED.]

Last edited:
Capture by Shockwave was something that most bots had nightmares about, in a similar vein to those who considered the thought of a visit from the DJD to be a unique kind of terror.

Note to Shockwave:
For missions where the opposition's surrender is an option, send someone with a better/less terrifying reputation?
Say Grimlock? Ultra Magnus? Omega Supreme?
Once "Capture by Shockwave" become a factor most bots will fight to the death or self-destroy to avoid saaid capture.

SpyderWave is honestly probably more terrifying than pre-SI Shockwave.

because Spyderwave is actually capable of acting vaguely normally and displaying some kind of emotion - just enough for you to start to forget, and then be reminded of, the fact that he can and will take you apart while you're still alive to see what makes you tick.

Still funny thinking back to the bit where he had the Prime kids as hostages (paraphrased)
"What are you gonna do, dissect us?"
"What? No, of course not. I already did that."

INTERCEPTED DATA-001. Sinanju. New
Science! Note that I'm operating under the parameter that a single stellar cycle is about four hundred days in human time and that a few chapters will now contain codices beneath them explaining just what's been going on in between all the timeskips.

This is mostly so I can make the universe Shockwave is in feel alive and eventful without having to constantly do interludes and write like a million words before getting to the actual multicross section of all this.

INTERCEPTED DATA-001. Sinanju.

Everything felt...strange.

[WARNING: LARGE SCALE MODIFICATIONS DETECTED. BEGINNING SELF-DIAGNOSTIC.]

He couldn't see anything. Could barely feel his way around with a servo. The sensations from his body were all so smooth.

[LISTING INITIAL DIAGNOSTIC RESULTS:]
[OPTICAL CAMERA: ACTIVATING.]
[BUILT-IN WEAPON SYSTEMS: ACTIVATING.]
[LOCOMOTIVE SYSTEMS: ACTIVATING.]

Where was he?

[ACCESSING PRIMARY PROCESSOR NODE.]
[ACCESS GRANTED: DISTRIBUTING RELEVANT FILES.]

Hm.

[BEGINNING CHASSIS-WIDE SELF-DIAGNOSTIC.]

Hm?

[ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL. SINANJU CLASS BATTLEFRAME: ONLINE.]

Vision came instantly. A dark, dim room. Sensation was next.

He was strapped to a berth, it seemed. His hydraulics felt more than strong enough to snap the tethers holding him to the flat surface, so they likely weren't there for containment. Stability, maybe?

And then...sound. The soft humming of computers and machines. The thumps of two heavy pedes making their way over to his position, alongside a pained, tortured groan that echoed from behind the source of the first noise.

A glowing circular light shined down upon him, bathing everything in red.

"Hello Sinanju. How are you feeling?"

Feeling?

"...All systems report nominal. I feel...confused."

The light (an optic, he unknowingly registered) bobbed up and down for a second. A nod.

"That is to be expected, I brought you online only moments ago."

Fascinating.

"Who...are you?"

The singular optic was attached to an angular helm, which in turn was connected to a robust purple chassis. He couldn't make out anything else from his position upon the berth.

"Your creator, in a technical sense. I would recommend you scan the briefing package I installed into your secondary processor as soon as possible."

Secondary processor? Ah. So that's why he could tell everything apart so quickly...

"But for now, you can just call me Shockwave."

The restrained mech nodded, before glancing around.

"I am analysing the data packet you installed. It is...extensive. I am a mech named...Tarn?"

Shockwave shook his helm.

"Close, but not quite. Tarn was an enemy combatant I was forced to dispose of as he refused to see reason post capture. You are a new personality engram I installed into his processor to make use of his abnormal spark, prior to my modification of his old frame. Take note of your voice, it is different from his after I forcibly removed his original voice box and installed an alternate one. Though his old abilities should still be there for you to access."

The lone crimson optic seemed to glow in the darkness the more he observed it.

"Your designation is Sinanju, and you will be a symbol of hope for our people in these trying times."

---

Stellar Quarter One: The moment that Primus returns, and a great threat awakens somewhere within the universe. Cybertron goes from a tombworld to a thriving factory planet, beginning to churn out legions of machines bearing minute similarities to Cybertronians. Decepticons, Autobots and Neutrals flock back to the homeworld, whether thanks to receiving and responding to allied signals beckoning them home, or merely detecting the energy surge of their creator God's awakening. Hundreds and eventually thousands begin to make their way to what used to be Cybertronian space, though others (namely the colonies) choose to remain distant. Reconstruction efforts begin in an attempt to bring the wartorn planet back to its former glory.

The Decepticon Justice Division are among the first 'combative' groups to arrive. Groups such as these, hailing from both factions, quietly disappear, dealt with by an unknown force while more cooperative elements are brought together within orbit of or on the surface of Cybertron itself. Autobots gather together beneath the direct leadership of Optimus Prime. In contrast, a Decepticon high council is rapidly formed after several disagreements regarding rank. Composed of war veterans Soundwave, Dreadwing, Megaempress, Overlord and an often occupied Shockwave in the absence of Lord Megatron, they proceed to organise their fellows using their sheer experience as justification, and personal power as their method.

A third faction, the Predacons, choose Indomina to act as their representative. Their allegiance and connection to Shockwave remains a well kept secret.

Autobots Bulkhead, Arcee and Bumblebee briefly make a return to Earth, reconnecting with their human charges and informing them of their coming absence due to extenuating circumstances.

Stellar Quarter Two: Tension remains high between Decepticon and Autobot forces within reclaimed Cybertronian space, barely held in check through the efforts of their own leaders and the rare direct intervention of Primus himself. More and more individuals and eventually groups are connected to 'The Network', becoming informed of the existential threat that is Invictus. Some flee, hoping to traverse the known universe and find refuge at the very edges of it. However most are convinced by their fellows to remain and join the fight to prevent Cybertronian extinction.

A fourth faction appears during this time, led by an unknown but charismatic mech operating under the moniker of Sinanju. This new group advocate for the merging of Autobots, Decepticons, Predacons and Neutrals. Little ground is gained in the existing command structures, though the group appear to have a steady trickle of new converts, as their numbers seem to increase every time they make another appearance.

These newcomers begin to refer to themselves as the Forged, and establish a reputation as sound diplomatic mediators between contending Autobot and Decepticon sub-groups. Sinanju eventually gains his place as a member of the Circle, a select group of Cybertronians chosen to interact directly with Primus and represent the general opinions and desires of their respective factions.

Stellar Quarter Three: Military production increases. The skies of Cybertron are filled with aircraft and low orbit starships. Foundries beneath the surface churn out armies of warframes that are loaded on to newly constructed transports based off of designs reverse engineered from existing Autobot and Decepticon vessels, even as Seekers from both factions are assigned to explore and salvage useful deposits of technology left from the Great War. Probes are forged en masse and deployed to scour as much space as possible in search of potential signs of Invictus.

Ancient spacebridge installations are repaired and reactivated, once more connecting Cybertron to her many colonies.

Stellar Quarter Four: The Forged are chosen to act as Primus' chosen representatives due to their mediatory nature, crossing the boundaries of the space bridges and beginning negotiations with the numerous inhabitants of Cybertron's lost and isolated colonies. Brief conflict begins within the disparate ranks of the Decepticons, as a group labelling themselves loyalists demand the location and fate of Megatron. The conflict is resolved when Soundwave and Shockwave explain their Lord's heroic sacrifice in the containment of the Destroyer, Unicron. Though alive, Lord Megatron remains within the depths of the now highly secured Nemesis, pending recovery from his deep exposure to Dark Energon.

This statement is corroborated by both Primus and multiple members of the Decepticon high council, placating the loyalists for a time.

Last edited:
Perhaps some slight Mnemosurgery on Megatron to make him content? Less "rewrite his entire being" and more "cybertron is restored, there is peace between the factions. There are more pressing matters to attend to than old grudges"

That way, him becoming worse and worse throughout the war can be written off as Unicrons influence.

Perhaps some slight Mnemosurgery on Megatron to make him content? Less "rewrite his entire being" and more "cybertron is restored, there is peace between the factions. There are more pressing matters to attend to than old grudges"

That way, him becoming worse and worse throughout the war can be written off as Unicrons influence.
Ya! Make I'm nicer without taking away his character traits

Back