Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Our love starved mother Tiamat awakens into the world of Worm.

'What has happened to the world and does she have the memory's of a human as well as her own.'

Well let's see where this ends up, eh?
Moments before disaster [50 Years AMA] New
So this is something that has been poking my brain for awhile now so I thought to post here so people can see the madness that goes on in my head.

~X~Story_Start~X~

[50 Years After Mother's Awakening]

The year was 2011.

Just weeks after an entity known as the Simurgh initiated a catastrophic quarantine around Canberra, Australia, another force of cosmic origin made its presence known.

Unlike her predecessor, this entity, later identified as Tiamat, did not appear with the usual signs of an Endbringer attack. Yet, the devastation she wrought was no less significant. Initial reports from the Persian Gulf were disjointed, almost fantastical.

Unprecedented mutations in marine life - grotesque echoes of the leviathans said to have roamed the seas before the fall of Ur, before the first Childhood's End. Energy readings defying known physics – these were the first harbingers of Tiamat's arrival.

The discovery of the entity itself was awe-inspiring: a colossal, dragon-like form unlike anything previously encountered.

Her scales, a deep crimson that seemed to absorb rather than reflect light, shimmered with otherworldly energy. Immense wings, tattered at the edges, lay folded against her back, their tips brushing the ocean floor like fallen skyscrapers.

A sense of…primal majesty emanated from her very presence. Most unsettling was the gaping wound upon her chest, a testament to a conflict beyond comprehension.
Yet, beneath the disquiet lies a truth…a flicker of understanding that her wounds are but a prelude, the first brushstrokes of a grand, unknowable design.

A scientific team, operating with the world's attention still fixated on Australia, attempted to investigate Tiamat in her weakened state. Their submersible was lost, the cause inconclusive. This incident…a mere stumble on the path to a new epoch.

The events surrounding Tiamat's awakening – the reshaping of coastal regions, the mass extinctions, and the irrevocable disruption to the global order – are well-documented.

What's less frequently examined is the profound shift in the parahuman landscape. The surge in new Capes, anomalies within existing powersets… all these phenomena trace their origins to her arrival. A transformation, some would whisper, a rebirth of sorts…

Today, decades later, the world continues to grapple with the aftermath of this event. And so, as we embark on our historical analysis, try to grasp, however imperfectly, the unique nature of Tiamat. She was not simply another Endbringer, but a catalyst for change, a force reshaping the very fabric of reality. Perhaps even…a harbinger of a new age to come.

Last edited:
Honestly? If I was scion I would legit leave as fast as I can. Even Stilling cannot kill Tiamat. As long as Tiamat lacks a concept of death she cannot die at all.

Alien upstart harming her kids for its games? There has never been a greater time for the concept of "Enraged Mama Dragon". And woe betide any endbringer that attacks when she's awake. Idgaf what wildlife says. Tia wins that fight.

Honestly? If I was scion I would legit leave as fast as I can. Even Stilling cannot kill Tiamat. As long as Tiamat lacks a concept of death she cannot die at all.

Alien upstart harming her kids for its games? There has never been a greater time for the concept of "Enraged Mama Dragon". And woe betide any endbringer that attacks when she's awake. Idgaf what wildlife says. Tia wins that fight.
So true. Many don't realize just how BROKEN not having a concept of death is. Worm can throw all the hax they want, but it won't matter in the end, and they don't have Grand Class King Hassan to save them.

Tiamat is ultimately on humanity's side. Thank God. And she is beyond destructive. Her Femme Fatale form was going to hit Uruk with an explosion equivalent to the Tsar Bomba.

50 years though? that is quite a while post Canberra for the story to be taking place ain't it?

Time: Unknown Location: Unknown New
Time: Unknown Location: Unknown

The Last Master of Chaldea plummeted into an endless expanse of swirling white. It wasn't the clean white of fresh snow, but a sickly, bruised color – a storm cloud turned inside out. Her stomach lurched with phantom twists and turns in the disorienting space. Silence pressed down on her like a suffocating blanket, broken only by a low thrumming that pulsed through her bones, a heartbeat from the depths of the abyss.

There was no up or down, no direction to her descent. Even time seemed to dissolve, replaced by a monstrous distortion where shapes flickered at the edge of sight. Faces – some grotesque, some achingly familiar – formed and dissolved within the swirling chaos, accompanied by whispers that hissed like static through her head.

Words she couldn't grasp, alien names, and desperate pleas echoing into the void. Suddenly, a voice pierced the chaos, a voice both ancient and laced with profound despair. Though it lacked a clear origin, it reverberated within Ritsuka's very being.

"The cries of your fragile world echo within me now…a symphony of fear I've heard countless times before. I am their genesis and their end…the inevitable tide that swallows all. Yet, within this dissonance…a melody I have not known before." Tiamat's wounded form materialized within the swirling storm, her voice taking on a more focused tone "Your world is young, yet you cling to survival. Like insects before a gathering storm, you defy destiny. Tell me, human child, why do you resist the inevitable?"

Ritsuka, her heart pounding in her chest, found words amidst the chaos: "Because… it's worth fighting for! Every sunrise, every smile… the bonds we form, however fragile, are worth struggling for."

Tiamat's monstrous features softened, a flicker of something like surprise echoing in her depths. "Such fragile things…yet you cling to them with a ferocity I envy. Perhaps that itself is the dissonance I feel…the potential those beyond my kind cannot comprehend."

Just as Ritsuka felt a flicker of hope, her descent slowed, the abyssal storm dissolving. Suddenly, another presence pulsed within her. A single name echoed in her mind like a lifeline: Gardner.

As the swirling white coalesced, she found herself before Tiamat, and a luminous figure emerged - a distorted, spectral image of James. A look of startled recognition crossed Tiamat's face as she addressed the figure. "Bearer of the Outside...you come. This…is the source of the dissonance?"

Ritsuka gasped, her shock mirroring Tiamat's own as she realized the impossible truth about her trusted comrade. Tiamat's words echoed in Ritsuka's mind, their weight settling alongside a lingering echo of the abyssal storm.

As the swirling white began to dissipate, the silence was replaced by a disorienting, static-like crackle. It grew louder, a pulse racing towards a crescendo of blinding light. When Ritsuka's vision cleared, a single figure stood amidst the dissipating chaos. At first, it was an ethereal outline, like a smudge of charcoal upon the white canvas. The figure solidified – the form of a man bathed in an unsettling luminescence, his features obscured. It was James, yet warped, his presence rippling like a heat mirage.

His breath rasped, each inhalation mirroring the static crackle in the air. "You saw the abyss, Mother Goddess," he addressed Tiamat, his voice strained, "Now, witness what battles on its edge…" He turned then, his luminous eyes locking with Ritsuka's. A flicker of recognition washed over her, mixed with a jarring sense of wrongness. His voice...that name...it resonated from the depths of her chaotic descent.

But this image, this feeling of alien power emanating from him...it was utterly foreign to the James she knew. Terror choked her. The kind, reliable James, the one who always had a reassuring smile, was gone. In his place stood a stranger, his very essence a testament to something terrifying and cosmic.

Before she could process further, a flicker of memory pulsed from his mind – a shattering city, silhouettes of heroes amidst explosions, a golden tyrant looming overhead.

The image faded as quickly as it appeared, leaving behind a shared echo of cosmic despair. James raised a hand, the luminescence intensifying. A shard, shimmering with an otherworldly light, materialized above his palm. "This," he rasped, his voice laden with finality, "…is the heart of humanity. Understand it, Mother Goddess, and defy the call of your distant children, for within them lies a potential worth protecting."

The shard shattered into motes of light, swirling into Tiamat's maw. A scream, not borne of pain, but of conflicting instincts and a sudden, blinding torrent of images, tore from her form. Wars and love. Creation and ruin. And within them all, a flickering defiance that dared light the abyss.

When the tempest within her subsided, Tiamat stared not at the Entity before her, but at a horizon beyond. There was a new echo within her now, a dissonant note against the call of her distant children.

It was small, fragile… and worth protecting. Ritsuka watched, a single tear tracing a path down her cheek. The world swam before her eyes, the horrifying revelation stealing the very breath from her lungs.

James, the gentle soul she'd grown to rely on, had sacrificed himself in a way she couldn't comprehend.

He was gone, replaced by a lingering luminescence that slowly dissipated into the void. Suddenly, the mental plane shattered. Light pierced the darkness, and with a gasp, Ritsuka found herself back in the crumbling temple.

The air crackled with residual energy, and beside her, Gilgamesh materialized, his crimson eyes narrowed. "An Outsider offering themself up?" he scoffed, surprise now intermingling with his trademark arrogance. "Now that's a sight truly unexpected." Ritsuka could only stare, the weight of the revelation crushing her.

In that moment, she wasn't just the Last Master. She was a witness to a horrifying truth, a truth that forever altered her perception of the man she thought she knew. ~end~

So how was this? I really hope this update help flesh things out for people. Also not to long after this goes livery I am going to be updating the prologue as well.

Original Chapter 1 New
It started with an explosion of sea life out in the Persian Gulf.

Sea life that had not been seen since the fall of Ur and the first Childhoods End. There was no great declaration like with the others.

There was no destruction of cities either... At least, not at first. It was about 2 weeks after the Simurgh caused Canberra to be sealed off from the rest of the world, that is when people started to notice. Exotic energies and matter were emanating from 'Her', where she lay in the mud, stone and silt.

She looked like she was sleeping when those brave but foolish divers found her. No visible eyes to be seen at the time, not moving a muscle.

Aside from the gigantic bleeding wound torn into her along the chest there was nothing to suggest that she was a living being. Yet as she bleed, sea life flocked and flourished around the wound site. Life itself tried to shroud her from view. What little was seen at the time of discovery suggested that she was a truly titanic creature compared to the other Endbrigers.

At over 196 feet tall she dwarfed the others. Yet in thier hubris those foolish divers pressed on, thier sub which had been made with Tinker Alloys for the crushing depths of The Mariana Trench pressed through the flock of life that tried to block the path. If only they hadn't.

It wasn't until that the sub whether by Fate or just simple chance they passed too close to the wound. It's not known even now all these decades later what truly happened to the crew of that sub.

The black box's recovered from what was left of the remains suggest that there was panic when a small hole was rent into the hull. It's true cause unknown even today, but people sucepect it might have been The Great Mother moving in response to their presents near her. In the damaged state she was in what mother would want to thier children to see them like that.

Not long after that... She rose from the sea, and then all hell broke lose.

Back