Colin was slowly forming a haunch, and as he worked late into the night, that haunch only grew stronger.

I have a hunch that you meant hunch. Unless he's been eating too much for lunch.

Day after day Armsmaster's haunch grew stronger, and his armour grew tighter, until one day Armsmaster was no more - it was the launch of Assmaster! His prowess in tinkering and battle only matched by the length of his lunch break.

Last edited:
I have a hunch that you meant hunch. Unless he's been eating too much for lunch.

Day after day Armsmaster's haunch grew stronger, and his armour grew tighter, until one day Armsmaster was no more - it was the launch of Assmaster! His prowess in tinkering and battle only matched by the length of his lunch break.
Thank you! I'll go fix that right now.

Wow, this has the potential to be really good.I will be watching this fic. Vigilante protagonists like that aren't very common.

Does Adam's power increase with his number of followers? It seems like it doesn't, otherwise he would probably complain about it in the first chapter, but if that's the case, he isn't much of a god.

I hope you wouldn't have Armsmaster guess that Adam is extradimensional, that would be a huge leap. Adam having a secondary Thinker power, while very rare, is still more likely than that - unless that's an AU where dimensional travellers are much more common.

Everything pointed to them being a new organization that simply moved cities,
I'm thinking "well organized" and "effective" are high compliments for a leviathans cult.

For all Adams physical power he's probably a skilled leader as well.

Also let's see if he regrets not taking a harder look into shadow stalker...

Wow, this has the potential to be really good.I will be watching this fic. Vigilante protagonists like that aren't very common.

Does Adam's power increase with his number of followers? It seems like it doesn't, otherwise he would probably complain about it in the first chapter, but if that's the case, he isn't much of a god.

I hope you wouldn't have Armsmaster guess that Adam is extradimensional, that would be a huge leap. Adam having a secondary Thinker power, while very rare, is still more likely than that - unless that's an AU where dimensional travellers are much more common.
First of all, thanks!
Second of all, no, not really? His followers faith in the doctrine he sets up effects well...you'll see. It's not his personal power.

Third of all, well. Stay tuned.
I'm thinking "well organized" and "effective" are high compliments for a leviathans cult.

For all Adams physical power he's probably a skilled leader as well.

Also let's see if he regrets not taking a harder look into shadow stalker...
Heh, yeah! And yeah, a lot of that skill came from sheer desperation and the right mindset.
And well. The last comment holds. Stay tuned!

Ch-7
Adam was swimming into the depths, his human form mostly slipped away, the barest visages glinting in his eyes. The darkness surrounded him, a comfort. He focused on stilling his senses, one by one. This, this was a countermeasure. Tranquility was harder to find without here, a series of faces still so far away. He had to look inwards, deep into the conflict of his mind. Violence suited him well, but it fed parts of him, parts he needed, but parts that he had to keep in check. Rage was a useful tool, but he couldn't, wouldn't let it be his master.

So he dove. This was a way towards tranquility, one way out of many. Focus on himself, and let the moment build, a resting period. A small voice called it sloth, but he knew this was as necessary as power building. Adam knew what happened when he slipped. Slowly, he let his flesh move, crawl. This always came last. Let humanity, or at least the form of it, reassert its self. Just enough of his other to stay underwater reminded. A moment more, and he was swimming upwards, much, much slower now. He might have been fast on land, but when regressed like that in the water, he moved much more like a finely honed machine than anything biological.

He surfaced, quickly crawling unto land, and getting dressed with the same swiftness. He had a meeting to get to, after all. Three days had passed, and he had someone new to induct. He had high hopes for his latest ally, and he was most certainly going to be paying more...personal attention towards her.

Adam moved through the city with quickly growing familiarity. He wasn't quite running, he knew he wasn't going to be later, but there was a definite swiftness to his movements. His stride carried him well, and he arrived at his destination a few minutes early...where Shadow Stalker already stood. Adam quirked an eyebrow, mildly pleased to see her arriving early. It was her who spoke first, sarcasm lacing through her tone.

"What took you so long? Been here forever." She chuckled before adding something. "I see you ditched the fish look. Guess that isn't permanent?" Adam shook his head, his eye casting a glance over Shadow Stalker. He couldn't see her face, but her stance and her voice suggested excitement. Good. Figuring out moods wasn't exactly a skill that came naturally to Adam, but it was too useful in his life to not learn.

"No, it isn't. I'm a shape-shifter if a limited one. I am...glad to see you here early. Come, let me take you to your new fellows." Adam's voice had a pleased note in it if a rather hard to recognize one. Even without his transformations, his voice was gravely and harsh.

"Lead the way. But, hey, I gotta ask. What is your name, anyway? I couldn't find it online, despite that manifesto your group put out." Adam walked with a measured pace, slower than he normally would. His stride was much greater than his follower. He answered quickly, without looking back.

"Adam." Shadow Stalker sighed, rolling her eyes behind her mask. Not the answer she wanted.

"No, I mean your cape name." Adam took a longer pause before answering that one. He still didn't find it...right to use a title like that.

"I don't have one. But...you can refer to me Tanninim if you wish. I'd prefer Adam." Adam kept walking and waited on a response. It came quickly as it turned out.

"Huh. The hell's that mean? Tanninim, I mean." Shadow Stalker sounded confused but curious.
"It's derived from a Hebrew word for a great aquatic monster." It was rather the other way around, stories of Tiamat's brood creating legends that echoed in human history, but Adam wasn't going to explain that quite yet.

"Huh. Fitting, I guess. Do you know Hebrew?" Sophia sounded...almost intrigued. She hadn't expected that answer at all.

"A little," Adam admitted. Translating those tablets had been...tricky. Family history tended to be. Especially divine family history.

"Huh. Damn. Didn't expect that." Shadow Stalker seemed satisfied with her line of questioning, but Adam had a question his own.

"What is your name?" There was a long, long pause. Shadow Stalker mulled over. She had a secret identity for a reason, yet Tanninim...Adam, had given out his name, and she was joining his organization...well, she had to tell him at some point.

"Sophia. It's Sophia." Adam nodded, finally looking back at Sophia.

"Good to know. Thank you." Finally, silence. The trip passed by quickly after the exchanged. A refitted warehouse loomed, two armed guards letting in Adam and the newcomer with a nod. The inside of the building had covered with graffiti. Adam pointed towards a painted wall, letters spelling out commandants. All around his men surrounded, gazing directly at the new pledge.

"Be honest. Never doubt before you kill. Always know why you kill. Follower your leader, and know who speaks for Him. Prey upon the guilty, defend the innocent."

"Our rules are simple. Can you swear to abide by them?" Beneath her mask, Sophia was nervous. This was...a lot. The rules were simple, but the weapons, the people, they made it all seem so final. But. She heard of what this Brotherhood did. She looked them up, and she enjoyed each word she read. She could do this. Adam, Tanninim, whatever, he got the world. Following him wouldn't shouldn't be hard.

"Yeah...yes!" Adam smiled, showing off his teeth. He didn't doubt her, of course, but hearing someone pledge loyalty to his cause, to his laws, always felt right.

"Good. Now, your welcome to The Brotherhood. A spar is traditional. Take your pick of who you wish to duel." Sophia mulled it over. She decided she wanted to have an impact.

"You." Adam paused for a half moment, before chuckling deeply. Already, she was living up to his hopes. He stepped toward the center, shifting his stance as he raised his hands.

"Feel free to use your power. I will refrain from using mine." A challenge was set, and Adam had a chance to really get to know his newest pledge. There were few things like combat the revealed someone's heart.

Sophia took her stance, before exploding forward with raw aggression on her side. Adam jabbed his fist whilst ducking to the side, hitting nothing but a shadow. She reformed, aiming at his legs this time with a swipe. Adam shoved her, topping her briefly before she turned immaterial again. He began to speak.

"Your aggression is commendable, and you use your power well. But.." Adam darted away from a blow, landing a savage strike on her temple.

"You don't choose your blows well. Skilled opponents can avoid you." Sophia growled, jabbing Adam in his ribs, a blow he took, because...

"You don't keep your defense up as well as you should when you attack." He slammed a fist into her center as he said this, taking the breath right out of her chest.

"You are a good fighter. There's always room for improvement, however." Adam offered a hand up. Sophia glared at, before taking it as he hoisted her up.

"I'll be teaching you personally from now on. But, you did well. Better then I expected, and I expect much from you." Sophia looked him over, checking for lies. But there was nothing but an honest desire to cultivate whatever he saw in her.

"Damn. Are you sure you didn't use your powers? Feel like I got hit by a freight train." Adam chuckled softly. He was actually holding back...a bit. Just enough so he didn't actually break anything.

"I cultivate strength. Powers, no matter what powers you have, work best when you combined them with skill and a well-honed body. Always remember that." Sophia winced, before answering.

"Yeah, I heard that loud and fucking clear. Still." Sophia paused, the pain replaced with a certain amount of eagerness.

"When do I start with the preying upon the guilty?" The smile under her mask and the smile upon Adam's face matched up near perfectly.

AN-Don't think I've ever written so much dialogue before. Hope I'm betting Sophia's character right, she's gonna be...important.

Last edited:
Hey, I feel like writing another interlude, this time a flashback. So, a question. Which sounds better? A visit to a graveyard, or a date?

Ch-8
"Right now. Do you need more bolts?" Adam's voice had an edge to it, bloodlust mixing with something else, like a measure of pride, but not the sort that most people had. The pride that came from his nature, from his "family." The God in him was pleased as ever to acquire a new instrument to work It's will.

"Fuck, you guys really don't waste time, do you? Uh, no. I'm good on bolts, who are we hitting?" Adam gave a slight nod to acknowledge her words before moving as he walked, turning his head back to make sure Sophia was following him. He already knew the few Brotherhood members he had assigned on this task would fall in place.
"The Empire. Storage warehouse, arms, and money inside. Parahuman residence expected. Understood?" Adam's tone was clipped, almost formal if not for the dripping undercurrent of excitement. He was glad to have at least a semblance of info in his hands once more.

"Got it." The excitement was brazen, open in Shadow Stalker's tone. She was the predator, and she had found a "pack", she supposed, to hunt with. Her head was held high as they moved out. She was focused on where Adam was leading the little posse, his pace quick, effeinct.. Adam, meanwhile, was observing the turf he had staked his claim in. Already, differences were apparent. Pleasing ones. Even in the night, some of his men wondered, not to push poison, but to ensure safety. Things looked a little cleaner, orderly.

The gardens the brotherhood had started hadn't borne their crops yet, but it would only be a matter of time until there was more food to go around, as well. It was still a slum, but it was at least a tolerable one, at the moment. Yet, as they ducked around in the city, they slowly saw the streets get cleaner, brighter what with the increase in working street lamps.

There was a reason they were wondering into a more brightly lit part of town. The Empire considered themselves civilized, just. This set Adam's teeth on edge, their false mask of justice one of their worst affronts to his mind. Their justice was just weakness, hate for things that had no weight. Yet, they pretended to be respectable, so they set up shop in the "respectable" part of town. An annoyance, to be sure, but one that could be circumvented. There was only so much police in this town, and Adam had been working on learning this city, such lessons bearing fruit. They made it to the warehouse without notice. Now, time for the plan.

"Here. There are guards posted inside. Significant amounts, from what we could gather. There is a backdoor they keep unlocked, normally with the bulk of forces there. I will enter from the front, drawing attention, you enter through the back after I've done my part. Understand?" The two unpowered members nodded, Adam focusing on them for a moment, centering. The one on the left, he was the one who was a web developer long ago, the one on the right, a former trafficking victim, his men, not tools. Shadow Stalker spoke up, quietly, at least.

"Yeah, got it. Fucking Brute powers wish I could just get..yeah. Got it." Adam noted the complaint with a nod and then focused on his flesh. Slow, steady. He grew, taller, broader, his claws forming, sharpening as thick, scaled plates replaced skin. The changes finished, and his clothes held steady. His men split from him, moving ever so slightly closer to their target, and waiting.

The door was locked at the front. It always was. This did not matter, as Adam wasn't going through the door. Gathering his speed, his might, Adam slammed into the wall, turning it into mere dust in his path. He heard screams, shouts, and then the violence started. Bullets thudded into his hide, the sloppy shots like bee stings at worst. He lashed out, finely honed instinct guiding his hand, claws tightening around a throat. His muscles tightened, applying force. With a sickening tearing noise, the guard's head separated from their body with a sprout of blood. Adam was still moving, using his other arm to backhand another guard into a wall with a roar. They slumped over, alive, but not willing to face His wrath. The third guard, visibly young, looked at Adam, who stared back.

The sinner tossed his weapon to the ground, falling to his knees in the face of Adam's wake. There was a snarl, approving, but no words. Adam moved on. The actual storage area was...almost packed up. There were several people inside, but they did not have guns. A trap, he supposed. A savage smile graced Adam's inhuman face as he drank in their costumes.

He pushed his mind into overdrive, ignoring the words one of them was sprouting in favor of quick assessment, guided by the depictions his Brotherhood had gathered for him. He faced Hookwolf, who was most likely the largest direct threat, Stormtiger, who could prove to be an issue if left unhandled, Cricket, who was much like Stormtiger, if less of a threat to him, Crusader, who was more of an annoyance, and Krieg. Another large threat. A breath had passed, and Adam launched himself forward.

The words died, Krieg's power kicking in as Adam was knocked off course. He struggled to adjust, Hookwolf splitting into a lupine mass of blades, ready to face Adam directly as Cricket darted in with a quick slice that did more damage to her weapons then her foe.
She did not expect, however, for Adam's arm to split apart, part of the newly formed appendage grasping her, pulling her with Adam's movement as it tore into her flesh, the other half throwing an unprepared Hookwolf, even as it got shredded by the blades. Adam's blood fell to the ground as he steadied himself, drinking in the carnage, helping force his energy to fix his body. Another breath passed, Stormtiger rushing forward with a primal scream, the claws he built up slamming directly Adam who just barely managed to stay on his feet, even with his inhuman strength.

He lashed out with his whole arm, Stormtiger's eyes just barely widening as he took a punch that threw him off his feet, shattering his ribs..and his will. Adam's wake was in full force. He wasn't here to kill, oh no. He was here to send a message. In the same moment, he casually tossed aside Cricket like trash. She was broken before him. Adam bought a few seconds with Hookwolf, and so brought his full force to bear against Kreig. His breath caught, a shifting sense of gravity molding it's way around his massive form, but he pushed forward. A spear was stabbed in his side, but it was barely noted, barely even effective at all. Kreig prepared a blow, before toppling right into Adam's hands, a bolt skewed into his knee as a shadow flickered past of the ghostly clones.

Adam shattered Krieg's other leg, dropping the shattered body as it screamed with pain. A red-tinged vision. Hookwolf. They both bellowed, charging at each other. Adam grasped the shifting mass of blades, ripping, tearing. The wounds Adam inflicted bolstering His healing. Hookwolf simply couldn't damage Him fast enough as it was torn apart, again, and again, and again...

Sophia, meanwhile, fired another bolt, growling as one of the ghosts shoved her prey out of the projectile's path. Still...he could only dodge so many angles. She flickered froward as the copies quickly shifted focus to the two other Brotherhood members who made their position clear with covering fire. She aimed low, a vicious punch landed on the scum's crotch, then another, this one to the kidney. Finally, as he fell to his knees, she impaled his palm with a bolt. She had to make sure he stayed down, after all. She withdrew, a bloodthirsty smirk underneath her mask.

Hookwolf's metal production had begun to slow, then finally, cease. Adam lifted up this lump of flesh, this..a breath passed. This man, this sinner. He wheezed out a breath, and Adam threw the full force of his wake as squeezed, snapping a bone. Hookwolf slumped in his grasp, not dead, but no longer a threat. He dropped his foe to the ground as his voice range guttural, inhuman, and powerful.

"
Let this be a lesson to your so-called Empire. Let yourselves serve as an example for what will happen to all of the corrupted, the wicked, sinful in my city. Spread the word, for The Brotherhood of Judgement shall have no mercy for those who refuse to repent, and neither shall I. Spread my name. Let the unjust quake in fear when they hear Tanninim, because they will hear of what happened here, and they will know the cost of their Sins."

The God rises again!

It seems his Tanninim side really loves this conflict
And he really gets to go full Judgement

Earth bet is really the wet Dream of any Conflict loving Leviathan

Last edited:
The God rises again!

It seems his Tanninim side really loves this conflict
And he really gets to go full Judgement
Oh, of course. Ignore the dehumanization that had to snap out of in the later stage of the fight, that clearly can't be anything bad.

Earth bet is really the wet Dream of any Conflict loving Leviathan
It's a sad state for a world to be in when one could earnestly argue he's good for the world.

It's a sad state for a world to be in when one could earnestly argue he's good for the world.
You know, I wonder what kind of impact that will have on his tranquility? Cause it's somewhere he can belong, but if he's actually going to carry justice through... That means creating a world which will have no use for him.

It is, and it's truly pretty awful either way.

And the longer he sticks around the worse his ripples will get.

Though not all of "Earth's most wicked" must be such.

You know, I wonder what kind of impact that will have on his tranquility? Cause it's somewhere he can belong, but if he's actually going to carry justice through... That means creating a world which will have no use for him.

Evil writer laughter.

And the longer he sticks around the worse his ripples will get.
Evil writer laughter intensifies.
Though not all of "Earth's most wicked" must be such.
And that is his true struggle, I suppose. Bless his heart, he tries to be good.

It kept Taylor relatable through her conga line of sins, I am sure it can work for big fish :V
There's a big difference between the two, I'd say. Taylor is, in essence, a good person with does bad things. Doing the wrong things for the right reasons.

Adam is a bad person who struggles, every day of his life, to do the right things, even if he has to do them for the wrong reasons. Well. Relatively speaking. One could argue because of that struggle he's a good person.

So, from the PRT's perspective, what we have here is a Master/Brute with a Vigilante agenda, who not only usurped the Merchants but also (seemingly) styles himself after Leviathan.

The words "Fallen" and "Kill Order" are gonna be on Piggot's mind (and desk) as soon as they get a good look.

Heh, I know it's a staple in both World of Darkness and Worm for newbies to get demonized by the establishment, but your boi has the worst PR prospects of anyone short of an Endbringer.

At the very least, these "Leviathan" powers remind me of Exalted, (as they should, considering!) so Adam isn't totally outmatched.

So, from the PRT's perspective, what we have here is a Master/Brute with a Vigilante agenda, who not only usurped the Merchants but also (seemingly) styles himself after Leviathan.

The words "Fallen" and "Kill Order" are gonna be on Piggot's mind (and desk) as soon as they get a good look.

Heh, I know it's a staple in both World of Darkness and Worm for newbies to get demonized by the establishment, but your boi has the worst PR prospects of anyone short of an Endbringer.

At the very least, these "Leviathan" powers remind me of Exalted, (as they should, considering!) so Adam isn't totally outmatched.
Heh. Yeeeeeeah. They, at least, have been relatively decent to "civvies", and the manifesto that plastered all over internet also would at least help with the fallen bit. But yes, MC dismissed any sort of positive relationship with the heroes off-hand for a reason. He does actually have a good deal of respect for them, however.

Ch-9
The rest of the night was less eventful and passed by in a haze of the mundane. Sophia had left, off to return to her home, Adam supposed. He had thought for a moment and supposed he should scope out her living situation, at some point. The rest of his followers had gathered the things they could from the warehouse money mostly, as it turned out. The Empire had merely packed, rather than actually removing their supplies.

Adam had no idea if this was overconfidence on their part, or simply overconfidence, but he cared little. Finance was needed. Not for his men, they were established by now and had little need for more equipment. He had control over his new turf, so now came the improvements. The part of town he held considered law and order a joke, and they lived in conditions not fit for beasts, much less humans.

There was a need for a stick, of course. Bringing justice meant showing Judgement on sinners. But, all stick, all Judgement left nothing but fear in his Wake, and in the end, his morality demanded he do more, given how there was no one else who could do more. So, so he needed to provide more than bullets, body armor. He needed food, shelter, safety. His cult, as odd as it must have seemed, was growing gardens. Fixing up run-down buildings, ensuring those who slept in them were watched over.

They were brutal to those who broke the rules they made, yes, but besides some drug dealers, and some...more heinous scum, the people in his turf had mostly shrugged at it, apathy winning over fear, as much as that motive irritated Adam. The mistrust the Merchants had spread was easing, trickling down to faint, wary, acceptance of his Brotherhood. It was hard work, harder with his nature screaming him to force changes upon all, but to let his turf be a wreck out of something as weak as sloth was unforgivable.

That was where most of his resources were going, lately. Most. He had many things to consider, and he also had a unique asset to cultivate. A tinker, Sherel, a builder of tech that seemed impossible. Adam was a man of many talents, some natural to him, some cultivated from brutal training borne from sheer desperation, but he was not a scientist, or gadgeteer, or anything of that sort. Still, her skill seemed more like a natural talent, a muscle reflex, and Adam could work with that, channel it.

Under her previous...leader, she lacked focus, discipline, or even, most of the time, common sense. Adam did not tolerate such a lack in any of his Brotherhood's members, and so far, the new drive his wake had given her had borne seeds.

Seeds he was hoping bore fruit, and soon. Her power was not a tech fix-all. It had limits, but less then she had believed or settled with, in her haze of drug use, as it turned out. She was a vehicle specialist, and she never worked beyond the obvious with her talent. After a long, frustrating talk, he figured out how he wanted her to apply her abilities, for now. It was something she called a "power suit", which, to be frank, was not Adam's preferred name. He had left that comment to himself. He had to sometimes..let his men, his cult, be more individualistic. It helped reign in parts of his nature he needed to keep in check. The power suits, despite the rather informal name, however, were, should be, a useful bit of equipment.

Most of the finer details of how they functioned went beyond Adam's head, but what they did was fairly simple. They were like a..worn suit of armor, but their main purpose was not to provide protection, but to make their users stronger. Faster. More able to get from a to b. There was more tech that she could make than monster trucks, as it turned out, even if the limits of her tinker abilities were fairly sharp.

As a day past, and bled into another, Adam got to see the seeds he planted finally, bear fruit. That last bit of cash he gained from the raid let him acquire everything she needed to finish up her prototype. He stood in his cult's main base, still the warehouse they had first arrived at when they appeared in this world, watching with an intent gaze as Sherrel took her first steps out of her ramshackle lab, clad head to toe in whirling scrap metal, cut yet oddly clear glass forming mask lenses.

With a nod from Adams' s head, she began the tests. First, jogging, then a dead sprint. Adam's lips curled into a slight smile as he saw her sped far beyond her normal abilities, far beyond any human's normal abilities. Not quite like a car, but fairly close. Useful. With that basic run out the way, a battery of more came. Lifting, jumping, hardiness. The suit passed them all, performing near exactly as expected. It would not let his men stand up to a mob of armed gangsters alone, but it was a force multiplier, and more besides. This let them increase the pace of their construction, their improvements to both their own bases and the dens, the gardens, the projects they built for the people they watched over.

"Aright, it's working great, boss! Did..are you happy? Please say you're happy. This was-" Adam cut her off. She was still shaky around, understandably so, the brunt of his wake never left someone the same afterward but he didn't wish for her to start babbling..and he didn't want her to fear disapproval that wasn't coming.

"Yes. This is quite pleasing to me. Take a break, for now, write up what you will need to make more, and how long making new suits will take." Sherell slumped, a huge sigh of relief escaping her mouth. She was exhausted, and that break offered was going to end up as more of a nap.

"Got it bo-, I mean, Judge! I'll get that done right after my uh, break. Thank you." Adam nodded, smiling a bit wider, both for her sake and out of his own sense of satisfaction at her work. She had earned that break, and he still had quite a surplus of time to tap her other projects later. For now, he was content to wait.

On that front at least. There were still a great many of things he needed to work on.

AN-Bit of a breather chapter, actually, hoping to update with at least things like this regularly. Plus, cult gardens!

Interlude 2-Waves
As far as days Kaiser has had in his rather eventful life, this ranked as one of the worst. He had expected this.. this pretender to his throne to be an issue. Of course, changes like that always were. But, he took steps to correct it. He took nearly half of his goddamn capes, in fact, and they were sent back broken. Not just physically, oh no, it couldn't be that simple. No, his men, his leaders were whimpering in the dark and jumping at every shadow they saw. The fear they spread was tearing his empire open, and his throne, his power was growing unsteady. Unknown factors like this made his blood boil, and more importantly, caused his control to slip.,

The time for half measured responses was clearly over, and it was time to utterly crush this unknown factor, at any cost. If this delusional cult leader wanted to judge his Empire, then he should be prepared wages of his self-righteous crusade. With a few well-placed calls and a fine speech, he would bring war upon this stain blemishing his city. Soon, there would be little more than a sour memory of this so-called Brotherhood.

He took a deep breath. Rage did little. Control bred power, and he was ensuring his control remained in place. Calm. He would have his vengeance, he merely needed time and resources. The parts would fall in place, and that brute would rot in the ground, or maybe torn into the sea he so clearly crawled from. All he needed was time, and if there was one good thing the savage gave him, it was time. All he needed was to scale back his efforts, rile up the dragon, and let them tear each other apart, all to leave the victor too weak to fight back. Another deep breath, and then, a smile. Even such chaos could breed a chance for his Empire to stand triumphant.

Across the city, in an apartment, a teen sat alone. Brian was having troubles of his own. He had just started to settle into his new team, odd as the idea was to him. He was used, preferred, working solo, the money he was getting from some anonymous benefactor just barely swaying him over. The fact that he could cut ties with ease helped him the rest of the way. Things were just starting to get routine, and then a crazy cult shows up. He had no lost love for the Merchants, but it still caused problems, the sheer waves this cult made. It didn't help that that said anonymous benefactor had been pretty damn quiet lately. Still, if he didn't have jobs to do, laying low was made all the easier. Best to wait for the new player to burn themselves out or stop reaching so hard.

Yeah. He could wait. He would just bid his time. He had goals, and they didn't need cash right away, not with the regular paycheck. At least, not for now. Time. He had time. He had the power to just stay put, and he just needed to keep doing so. This would pass, this would have to, eventually.

Meanwhile, a dragon grew restless. Lung cared little for the new player, at first. He would fall in line, or he would be broken, as minor as the so-called Judge seemed. Breaking the Merchants was not exactly the height of power. Yet, Tanninim, as he so dubbed himself now, didn't just break the merchants. They remodeled them into an effective weapon in a matter of weeks. This was cause for further notice, but there was another galling factor. This newcomer threw around fear, even among the people Lung ruled over. This clash with the Empire they had only intensified this problem.

Lung knew this was unacceptable. He knew what exactly, the costs of letting some other monster spread fear in the Bay were. He could afford to rest on his power no longer. It was time to show why fearing the dragon was the proper course of action. Getting to immolate a pretentious upstart was merely a highly enjoyable bonus.

Across the bay, in the sea, Miss Milta rubbed her eyes. She wasn't physically tired. She was simply incapable of that and had been for some time. But what was happening right now? That was taxing on a mental level. Brockton Bay was troubled in the best of times, and right now was...she couldn't even tell. This was just incredibly strange, on so many levels.

A new gang overthrowing an old one in a night, and becoming a power player in weeks. This was cause for great concern, even more with the fact that it was run by an unknown parahuman, a probable Master. Piggot's initial reaction was not pretty, to say the least. Yet, this gang, this Brotherhood, they were playing softball with everyone except for other gangs. Even in their own turf, they acted more as violent police and civic workers then gang lords. Any clash with actual police, or even her fellow heroes, was met with a swift retreat or a quick fight with no lethal intent.

This restraint was not apparent when they clashed with the Empire or the ABB. There was blood, and there were bodies. Brutality was their by word, or so it seemed. Their cape leader, Tanninim he called himself, according to new reports, wasn't much better on that front. Yet, they held true to their professed ideals. They brought order, even as they brought the tensions in the Bay to a boiling point with what had so recently happened with the Empire. There wasn't an easy answer to the problems they were fixing, what chaos they could reap, or perhaps worst of all, what they would do if their efforts for order were opposed only by the legal authorities. Miss Milta rubbed her temples, now. A headache was coming on.

Juliet James, or Jojo, as some of her friendlier peers dubbed her, was feeling, for once, safe. She was never homeless, and her 'Pa made sure she didn't go to bed hungry most nights. She even managed to make it to school, as much as her status marked her outcast, even in a place like Winslow. Yet, she saw things. She lived in the bad part of a bad town. She'd been offered drugs more times than she could count, and she too many close calls of nearly being forced into the habit to take em up on the soft pitch.

Yet, like a miracle from up above, a man came bringing law, safety. The merchants were gone, and she didn't see dealers no more. In their place, grim-looking people, but grim looking people who didn't cause no trouble with her. Who helped her. Who even fixed that leaky sink, as standoffish as 'Pa had been. The city might not have been looking out for her, he 'Pa might have been lecturing and lecturing, but she was pretty damn sure this Brotherhood was a gift from the Man Upstairs, and she was glad He had finally listened to her prayers.

AN-AKA, welll holy shit, guess beating up half the empire capes does cause a reaction.

As far as days Kaiser has had in his rather eventful life, this ranked as one of the worst. He had expected this.. this pretender to his throne to be an issue. Of course, changes like that always were. But, he took steps to correct it. He took nearly half of his goddamn capes, in fact, and they were sent back broken. Not just physically, oh no, it couldn't be that simple. No, his men, his leaders were whimpering in the dark and jumping at every shadow they saw. The fear they spread was tearing his empire open, and his throne, his power was growing unsteady. Unknown factors like this made his blood boil, and more importantly, caused his control to slip.,

The time for half measured responses was clearly over, and it was time to utterly crush this unknown factor, at any cost. If this delusional cult leader wanted to judge his Empire, then he should be prepared wages of his self-righteous crusade. With a few well-placed calls and a fine speech, he would bring war upon this stain blemishing his city. Soon, there would be little more than a sour memory of this so-called Brotherhood.

He took a deep breath. Rage did little. Control bred power, and he was ensuring his control remained in place. Calm. He would have his vengeance, he merely needed time and resources. The parts would fall in place, and that brute would rot in the ground, or maybe torn into the sea he so clearly crawled from. All he needed was time, and if there was one good thing the savage gave him, it was time. All he needed was to scale back his efforts, rile up the dragon, and let them tear each other apart, all to leave the victor too weak to fight back. Another deep breath, and then, a smile. Even such chaos could breed a chance for his Empire to stand triumphant.

Across the city, in an apartment, a teen sat alone. Brian was having troubles of his own. He had just started to settle into his new team, odd as the idea was to him. He was used, preferred, working solo, the money he was getting from some anonymous benefactor just barely swaying him over. The fact that he could cut ties with ease helped him the rest of the way. Things were just starting to get routine, and then a crazy cult shows up. He had no lost love for the Merchants, but it still caused problems, the sheer waves this cult made. It didn't help that that said anonymous benefactor had been pretty damn quiet lately. Still, if he didn't have jobs to do, laying low was made all the easier. Best to wait for the new player to burn themselves out or stop reaching so hard.

Yeah. He could wait. He would just bid his time. He had goals, and they didn't need cash right away, not with the regular paycheck. At least, not for now. Time. He had time. He had the power to just stay put, and he just needed to keep doing so. This would pass, this would have to, eventually.

Meanwhile, a dragon grew restless. Lung cared little for the new player, at first. He would fall in line, or he would be broken, as minor as the so-called Judge seemed. Breaking the Merchants was not exactly the height of power. Yet, Tanninim, as he so dubbed himself now, didn't just break the merchants. They remodeled them into an effective weapon in a matter of weeks. This was cause for further notice, but there was another galling factor. This newcomer threw around fear, even among the people Lung ruled over. This clash with the Empire they had only intensified this problem.

Lung knew this was unacceptable. He knew what exactly, the costs of letting some other monster spread fear in the Bay were. He could afford to rest on his power no longer. It was time to show why fearing the dragon was the proper course of action. Getting to immolate a pretentious upstart was merely a highly enjoyable bonus.

Across the bay, in the sea, Miss Milta rubbed her eyes. She wasn't physically tired. She was simply incapable of that and had been for some time. But what was happening right now? That was taxing on a mental level. Brockton Bay was troubled in the best of times, and right now was...she couldn't even tell. This was just incredibly strange, on so many levels.

A new gang overthrowing an old one in a night, and becoming a power player in weeks. This was cause for great concern, even more with the fact that it was run by an unknown parahuman, a probable Master. Piggot's initial reaction was not pretty, to say the least. Yet, this gang, this Brotherhood, they were playing softball with everyone except for other gangs. Even in their own turf, they acted more as violent police and civic workers then gang lords. Any clash with actual police, or even her fellow heroes, was met with a swift retreat or a quick fight with no lethal intent.

This restraint was not apparent when they clashed with the Empire or the ABB. There was blood, and there were bodies. Brutality was their by word, or so it seemed. Their cape leader, Tanninim he called himself, according to new reports, wasn't much better on that front. Yet, they held true to their professed ideals. They brought order, even as they brought the tensions in the Bay to a boiling point with what had so recently happened with the Empire. There wasn't an easy answer to the problems they were fixing, what chaos they could reap, or perhaps worst of all, what they would do if their efforts for order were opposed only by the legal authorities. Miss Milta rubbed her temples, now. A headache was coming on.

Juliet James, or Jojo, as some of her friendlier peers dubbed her, was feeling, for once, safe. She was never homeless, and her 'Pa made sure she didn't go to bed hungry most nights. She even managed to make it to school, as much as her status marked her outcast, even in a place like Winslow. Yet, she saw things. She lived in the bad part of a bad town. She'd been offered drugs more times than she could count, and she too many close calls of nearly being forced into the habit to take em up on the soft pitch.

Yet, like a miracle from up above, a man came bringing law, safety. The merchants were gone, and she didn't see dealers no more. In their place, grim-looking people, but grim looking people who didn't cause no trouble with her. Who helped her. Who even fixed that leaky sink, as standoffish as 'Pa had been. The city might not have been looking out for her, he 'Pa might have been lecturing and lecturing, but she was pretty damn sure this Brotherhood was a gift from the Man Upstairs, and she was glad He had finally listened to her prayers.

AN-AKA, welll holy shit, guess beating up half the empire capes does cause a reaction.
For all that a Leviathan will attempt to establish order and routine, the wake will ensure the bubbling cauldron of humanity boils over into chaos.

The first seeds of that change are sown here. And if he doesn't do something quickly our Judge will be swept away with the tide. And so will his people...

For all that a Leviathan will attempt to establish order and routine, the wake will ensure the bubbling cauldron of humanity boils over into chaos.

The first seeds of that change are sown here. And if he doesn't do something quickly our Judge will be swept away with the tide. And so will his people...
Psh, what? A city erupting into war will in no way cause any sort of horrible chain reactions of inhuman impulses inflaming all too human savagery. That never happens. Ever.

Back