Chapter 23
Jeanne de Arc the Maid of Orleans, the Ruler Class Servant summoned in the Grand Grail War better known as an Apocrypha was nervous. Why was such a Servant and Heroic Spirit like herself nervous? It may have had to to with the device attached to her arm and the deck inside said device. Thanks to her existence as a Heroic Spirit in the Throne of heroes she had some of the basics in every language down, even being able to read a little, what made this actually impressive was the fact that the Maid of Orleans never learned how to read in life.

What a was a little strange for the Heroic Spirit was that her opponent, a short blue haired boy named Syrus seemed pretty unsure of himself despite the obvious advantage he had in the field of Duel Monsters, being a second year at this institution where the game was taught.

It was then that a thought struck the Amid of Orleans, perhaps Syrus was not afraid of Duelling her, but perhaps he was afraid of her because she was a Heroic Spirit in general. For a Maiden as pure hearted as Jeanne this simply would not do. In something that was meant to be rather friendly and harmless for him to be affected by her status as a figure of legend was a tad too sad for the 'Holy Virgin' giving the boy a winning smile Jeanne de Arc said "don't worry Syrus" she said to him. "I mean you know ill will, so there is no need to be afraid." It seemed that the Maid of Orleans's attempt to soothe Syrus as the younger boy seemed to settle down a little, he was still a little on edge but that might have been how he usually was. "I may be a beginner, but please don't go easy on me" Jeanne instructed. "I would much rather prefer it if you too enjoyed yourself in this exercise than it being just myself." Since she was a Saint and not just anyone but Jeanne de Arc to boot, her words were one hundred percent genuine and it seemed that Syrus Truesdale was able to understand that much of it.

"Thanks" the younger brother of Zane replied unsure of why he was replying, sure it was every guys dream to even have a girl this pretty so much as give him a glance, but Syrus's nerves were consistently reminding him that the beautiful young woman in front of him was a Heroic Spirit like the other's the one who had called himself Archer informed them of earlier. To be quite Frank Syrus was petrified, but it was rather relaxing for him strangely enough when the Saint spoke to him to calm him down, perhaps it was a skill of hers the Slifer Red reasoned. He did not know much if anything about this whole Servant process but Syrus was pretty sure that being able to calm people down just by talking to them was something that a Heroic Spirit could do if they had some sort of weird ability to perform such and action.

Raising his duel Disk Syrus activated it, the blue part glowing with a red light as his and Jeanne's life points popped up on the screen. "Alright" Syrus said trying to squash his nervousness but fully succeeding, "as Jaden likes to say, time to get your game on!" Syrus declared.

Jeanne De Arc's Life Points: 8000

Syrus's Life Points: 8000

Hakuno watched from the stands with the other's "I wonder what exactly are the privates chances of winning?" Hassleberry asked. While the dino soldier believed that Syrus could pull off a win due to the fact that his opponent could barely read much less write, he still asked.

Knowing that Hasleberry could not hear him Hans Christian Anderson decided to answer in any case even if it were only for only four of the groups benefit as they were the only ones who could see him. "I would have paired her up against someone like Jaden or possibly Aster due to his skill in reading the situation for it to be a more even Match, Kaiba could pull off a victory but he has a history of bad luck and that is something you will need when you face a Servant with her ranking in that certain Parameter" the Heroic Spirit explained.

Hakuno had seen Ruler's Parameters and was rather impressed. Even the King of Heroes noted that it was impressive, though he stated that all of them would have been lower if the Maid of Orleans had been summoned as any other class. That or he was jealous of her high ranking the Noble Phantasm Parameter. Jealous or enraged that someone who he did not recognise as his equal shared the same rank in a place that defined him as above most if not all others. It was a good thing the Gil was not behaving like a child and attacking her on site.

"Luck isn't everything" the former NPC stated earning a nod from the Servant. "The first Servant that I faced in Moon Cell had an EX rank in their Luck and also had the Personal Skill called Pioneer of the Stars, making her capable of almost if not anything." he explained.

"Whoa" Jaden said as he heard this part of the conversation "that sounds like you had it right off the bat, must have been pretty hard to deal with facing some like that first up." The brunette scratched the back of his head for a bit "man sorry about bringing that up Hakuno."

The Victor of Moon Cell Grail War nodded in meaning that he accepted the apology but made no further move as he turned back his attention to fully see the Duel that was about to take place between Jeanne de Arc and Syrus. "This will definitely be different" the Former NPC mused his words having more than a single meaning. "Most Magi wouldn't mind a battle with a Heroic Spirit like this even if it is a bit childish for them" he thought. "They would be happy just to live through any sort of battle between the two" Hakuno noted grimly.

Unaware of Hakuno's thoughts on the matter Chazz said "IS it me, or is the fact that Syrus needs to be encouraged by his opponent, one who has never played a game of Duel Monsters before rather sad?" it seemed that Chazz was not understanding as to the situation at hand.

"Pegasus and Kaiba are probably just tying to buy time" Bastion noted before he looked at Hakuno who had Jack sitting right behind him. Sitting was not the correct word, crouching was more like it as the white haired girl was in fact crouching on the top of Hakuno's seat. "Say Hakuno why is that girl in particular not in" at this part the former NPC's fellow Ra Yellow paused searching for the right word. "Why isn't she in her astral form and more importantly why is this girl following you like a lost puppy?" Bastion asked a little concerned.

Assassin shot the black haired boy a look that made him flinch "you will not take us away from brother" she replied icily, no doubt Bastion realised that he had touched a rather delicate subject. So the Ra Yellow didn't press the issue any further, he knew that look well.

"Jack" Hakuno's voice called out. "It's alright" the former NPC stated "Bastion was merely curious as to your actions" he explained "he was by no means trying to separate you from me, so there is no need to worry" Hakuno stated, this did seem to calm Jack down a bit.

Bastion let out a sigh of relief, being on a Heroic Spirit's bad side was something that, the Ra Yellow desired to avoid. "Thanks for clearing that up for me" he said to his dorm mate. The former NPC knew the meaning of this and nodded as he turned back to look at Ruler.

Jeanne de Arc's Life Points: 8000

"Uh" Syrus stammered a little as he and the Maid of Orleans drew their first four cards. "How about you go first since this is your first duel" the Slifer Red suggested helpfully, it was also the only thing that the light blue haired boy could even think of saying at this moment.

"Thank you, you are very kind" Jeanne replied with a sweet and pure smile making Syrus's face flush red, but who would blame the poor boy, she certainly didn't. Drawing a card Jeanne de Arc looked at it for a moment reading it's name, its attack and defence points as well as it's effect. Pegasus had given the Ruler Class Servant a crash course in the nature of Duels and this deck in particular that he felt she would like to use. Given the nature of the 'monsters' in this deck Ruler was rather glad that he had done so much for a person like herself.

"I play Nova Summoner in ATK mode" the Saint declared on her side of the field a bronze wreathe with two white wings that had a single blue ribbon wrapped around it appeared in a show of light. "I am allowed to summon a Monster on the first round?" Ruler asked shyly.

Nova Summoner 4 Stars ATK:1400 DEF:800

Syrus was a bit confused with the Maid of Orlean's behaviour. "Uh yeah" the Slifer red managed "It is alright to summon a monster on the first turn of the first round" he explained "You just can't attack me on the very first turn" Syrus informed Jeanne de Arc helpfully.

The Maid of Orleans blinked in surprise looking rather confused as she was able to come to terms with this. "Oh I guess that makes sense" Ruler said as she looked at the cards in her hand for a few moments before playing on "in that case I will place the Sanctuary in the Sky on the field" she informed Syrus. After that Jeanne flush a little red before she asked "I couldn't fully recall what this card does" there that was the reason why she was a little embarrassed "is it possible for you to remind me?" This was certainly not any ordinary type of Duel.

Syrus nodded a little hesitantly but that was because he was afraid of offend Ruler, perhaps he did not realise that she was a rather all loving Saint and not like any of the other's he had seen Hakuno use. "Yeah" Syrus answered "I can do that." Taking in a deep breath of air the Slifer Red began. "sanctuary in the sky is a ritual type spell card" he explained to the Heroic Spirit "it has a simple but rather powerful effect as in when it is in play battle damage to the controller of a fairy type monster from a battle involving that monster is negated to zero."

"Oh" Jeanne de Arc replied "That is a very useful card to have on the field, is Nova Summoner a Fairy then?" she asked getting a nod from Syrus. Taking this as an opportunity Ruler reviewed the cards in her hand and on the field and her eyes widened at what she just saw.

In the Stands Bastion noticed this and commented "from the looks of things her luck might put Jaden's to shame" If she has the hand I am thinking of then Syrus might be in a bit of a pinch" the Ra Yellow commented. "Perhaps she is luckier than Jaden" Bastion mused sadly.

"Not really" Hakuno said to him. "Her Parameter in Luck is lower than Jaden's would be if he were a Heroic Spirit. Please recall unlike her who is a Heroic Spirit Jaden can place a card on the top of his deck and then get it shuffled and draw that exact same card" he stated.

"That" Bastion began as he recalled that particular incident Hakuno had referred to "that is true and it is very disturbing, though I get a feeling from what you said before that just being lucky isn't always going to be enough." This comment earned a nod from the former NPC.

Back with Jeanne she glanced at her hand again before asking Syrus "was there some form of a mistake with the way I executed playing that spell card?" as she had seen those present partially raise their eyebrows when she had informed them of what she was doing with it.

"Well" Syrus began a little unsure of how he should say this. "The way you spoke it was as if you were placing it face down so I was kind of surprised when you played it face up for all of us to see" the Slifer red informed her. "It was kind of a bit confusing for me that's all."

Jeanne nodded in understanding "Alright I'll play a card face down" she informed Syrus and her audience as a card that had its face to the ground appeared on the field "and with that I'll end my turn" she stated smiling in a friendly manner at Syrus "let's both do our best."

Jeanne de Arc's Life Points: 8000

"Yeah" the Slifer Red managed to stammer "alright" Syrus began as he regained his composure "my turn" he stated drawing a card from his Syrus looked at it and then to one of the cards in his hand. Taking the second last card in his hand Syrus said putting on his determined face. "And I'll play my Steamroid in ATK mode" he declared as a cartoon like steam engine appeared on the field.

Steamroid 4 Stars ATK:1800 DEF:1800

"Now I know what you're thinking 'why does he play a monster when his attacks won't do any damage" Syrus then revealed a card in his hand that vaguely resembled a shield breaking. "Well here is why, my Shield Crush Spell Card, with this I can destroy you Sanctuary in the Sky" Syrus explained as he played his card.

"Now Steamroid" Syrus commanded "Destroy her Nova Summoner" with that the steam engine leaped forward Jeanne's eyes widened as Steamroids ATK rose by five hundred.

Steamroid 4 Stars ATK:2300 DEF:1800

Jeanne de Arc's Life Points: 7100

The machine like monster tackled the bronze wreathe shattering it into many pieces. "Nice effect huh" Syrus commented "You see When Steamroid attacks it gains five hundred ATK points for the damage step" the Slifer explained. It was clear he was trying to be confident.

Steamroid 4 Stars ATK:1800 DEF:1800

"Thanks" the Maid of Orleans stated, now Nova Summoner's effect will take place and I can summon one Light and Fairy type monster to the field that has less than fifteen hundred ATK points. At this a glow appeared on the field with yellow motes of light condensing together "an I choose the Shining Angelin ATK mode" Jeanne de Arc informed Syrus as a man wearing a toga with two sets of golden wings appeared on the field.

Shining Angel 4 Stars ATK: 1400 DEF:800

"That is a rather nice move" Syrus complimented her "I'll guess I should call it a turn" the Slifer Red stated as he let out a sigh of relief, it seemed that the boy was rather nervous and about this whole affair not that Jeanne cold blame him, she too was a bit nervous about it.

Ruler drew a card and looked at it and a smile graced her lips, in her words God was with her. "I'll now reveal my face down" the Maid of Orleans declared. The card flipped up Showing Oracle of the Herald and Syrus gulped at the sight knowing what this meant for him.

"You are going to summon Herald of Ultimateness so soon on your second turn in the very first game you have ever played!" the disbelief at what was occurring in front of him, Only Jaden could pull off something like this and Jaden had been in Duel Monster's for years.

"The Lord is with me" Ruler replied "Heaven answer's those who pray" she smiled warmly at him, this did not cal poor Syrus down much. "Now" Jeanne de Arc began "I believe that I am needed to discard monsters that equal the exact level as the monster I am attempting to summon" this earned a nod from Syrus "So I will thank Shining Angel for his sacrifice along with Zeradias, Herald of Heaven, may the Lord continue to favour him with such an honour and finally Hecatrice, I will ensure your deaths even if by necessity are not in vain." The Field then glowed as a white Figure with shining wings appeared on it and stood menacingly at Syrus who was rather terrified of the new Duel Monster's appearance, mainly due to how it loomed menacingly over Ruler and how it almost looked as if it were glaring at him.

Herald of Ultimateness 12 stars ATK: 2000 DEF:3000

"Next I'll play pot of Greed so that I may draw two cards" the Made of Orleans stated drawing two cards thanks to Pot of Greed's effect. Other than that Ruler did not make any more moves with those two new cards much to the Slifer Red's relief, though he felt that her not playing or doing anything with those cards was much worse. "Now Herald destroy his Steamroid and avenge Nova Summoner's defeat" Jeanne de Arc requested of the Duel Monster that complied. As it attacked Stearmroid, Syrus's Monster's Effect took hold and it lost five hundred of its ATK points.

Steamroid 4 Stars ATK:1300 DEF:1800

The Steam Engine shattered into hundred of tiny fragments and Syrus felt his life points drop like a rock. Well he did at any rate the loss he just suffereed was not that bad and the loss was rather small compared to whath ad happened to Ruler Earlier.

Syrus's Life Points: 7300

"Well I am unsure of how I did but I guess I'll end my turn" the Maid of Orleans stated ending her turn. Leaving Syrus panting and talking to himself that he could do this. It seemed that Ruler was of the same opinion and also encouraged him much to the Slifer's surprise. "Come on" the Saint informed him "there is no need to feel so down" she informed the rather timid Syrus. "I mean the Duel has only just begun and I am sure there is a chance for you to win after all you life points are still higher than mine" she explained.

"I'll try" Syrus stated as he drew a card and wondered why two of the same card were so close to each other in his deck "Perhaps Ruler is not that great at shuffling" he wondered but quickly shook his head of those thoughts lest she could somehow read minds. "Alright I'll play my Polymerization spell card "Syrus declared, but before it could go any further Jeanne discarded on card in her hand. And thanks to Herald of Ultimateness's effect his combo was shut down. "Man I forgot about that." Syrus sighed as knowing he could do nothing he just played his Gyrroid on the field mode hoping it's indestructible nature would by him some time. He was a little distracted but Syrus forgot to put it in DEF mode and only realised this after he had summoned the helicopter like monster.

Gyroid 3 Stars ATK: 1000 DEF: 1000

"I guess I will end my turn there by setting down this card" Syrus said a little disappointed and gloomy "I hope I get graceful charity next turn, otherwise I might not even get her to lose even a thousand of her life points", but seeing Ruler give him a rather nice smile to comfort him he cheered up, it seemed even having C rank in the Skill of Charisma was useful, though Hakuno wondered why she was using it like that. Though there was the possibility that Ruler was unaware of it, or that she was not trying to use it at all.

Jeanne de Arc drew a card out and looked at it for a moment "Okay" the Maid of Orleans began "First I'll summon the one known as Victoria to the field. With this a woman dressed in gold armour riding a four headed Dragon that was also gold appeared on the field

Victoria 4 Stars ATK:1800 DEF:1500

"Next I'll remove Nova Summoner and Shining Angel from the grave to special summon Soul of Purity and Light." She explained. As a Ghostly looking Angelic figure appeared before her facing Syrus adding another opposing mentor to the field.

Soul of Purity and Light 3 Stars ATK: 2000 DEF:1800

"God" Syrus mumbled "call it beginners luck or something it doesn't change the fat that I am so dead" the Slifer Red said to himself as he now hat three monsters facing off against his one. "I could play limiter removal but I need to wait for the second attack as not to waste it" he noted looking at said card in his hand.

"Now Victoria I beseech you to attack and destroy his Gyroid" Ruler requested as the woman on the dragon rammed said dragon into Syrus's Gyroid. Thanks to Soul of Purity's effect Syrus's Gyroid lost three hundred of its ATK points. Leaving it at a measly seven hundred.

Gyroid 3 Stars ATK: 700 DEF: 1000

Syrus gritted his teeth as he felt his life points drop noting that Limiter Removal would not be enough to destroy any of her monsters now, but it might spare him the pain of losing so quickly. Still Gyroid was on the field and it's ATK returned to normal again.

Gyroid 3 Stars ATK: 100 DEF: 1000

Syrus's Life Points: 6200

Seeing that Gyroid had not been destroyed Jeanne de Arc said "I take that is an effect of your monsters" without waiting for a reply she looked at Sould of Purity and Light and spoke "Soul that shines so brightly and purely will you defeat this Gyroid before us?" she asked. On command the Ghostly Angelic figure launched itself at Syrus's lone monster with murderous intent in it's mind.

"Not so Fast" Syrus stated "I'm playing my spell card Limiter removal" the Slifer Red stated as his monster's ATK points doubled.

Gyroid 3 Stars ATK: 2000 DEF: 1000

"That is indeed a brave move" the Maid of Orleans noted "However Sould of Purity and Light's effect is still there" she explained as once again Syrus's monsters ATK dropped by three hundred though this time the gap between the monsters was not too large. So the loss of his Life points was not too large either when the transparent angelic figure shattered his helicopter.

Gyroid 3 Stars ATK: 1700 DEF: 1000

Syrus's Life Points: 5900

Seeing that he was open Syrus braced himself as Ruler's final monster loomed over him and struck him making his life points plummet this time compared to all the other times he had taken damage previously though Syrus had suffered worse in Duel's and real life.

Syrus's Life Points: 3900

"I'm not going to win this" Syrus said to himself "I wonder what Zane would say?" he wondered shaking his head of the lecture that Zane would have given him."It's not over yet" Syrus said to himself with a determined look on his small face a fierce fire ignited in the blue haired Slifer's eyes "Jaden would not giver up hire and neither should I."

From the stands Hassleberry saw the change "That's the spirit, private" the dino soldier stated "You can't just up and dessert because you're not winning" he stated "You have to keep on pushing through no matter what, in a duel like this that is the only way to victory in this."

"Very touching, honestly" Chazz informed the dino themes student sarcasm dripping heavily and in plenty from his voice "but, you should know that things like this are far easier said than done" the black spiky haired Slifer stated. "You're right on the fact that it is what Syrus has to do to win this, however that is the only option that our little slacker has left open to him at this point in time." Chazz's eyes shifted in slight annoyance looking on one of his fellow Slifer Red, mainly Syrus and not Jaden or Hassleberry who were sitting next to him. "Syrus could have won this much easier from the start if he had been a little more into his game, however something about that Heroic Spirit through him off and I am not talking about the obvious fact that she is a Heroic Spirit here" Chazz explained. "There is more to it."

"Yes indeed" Bastion said to himself more than to any of them. "I suspect since the way he reacts to all of her words must mean that she has some influence over those she is around, though I am unsure of why it is not working on us if this is that case" the Ra Yellow said.

"She does but it is not what you are thinking" Hakuno informed them almost making all present jump out of their skins. "She has a rank C in charisma and a rank B in luck" the former NPC explained. "As such there are things that are affected by her parameters, like which card she will draw." Hakuno explained "or which cards Syrus will draw" he added at the end. "While her existence is causing something like that, please note that Ruler herself is not directly invoked in the least bit, and will most likely only just became aware of it this turn."

The other's were rendered speechless at this, they were unsure on how they should react finally Jaden decided to speak "what does the short one of those Heroic Spirits, the one who clothes match his light blue hair and looks like a kid? What does he have to say about this?"

On the Edge of the Duel Academy Island Shirou Kotomine stood with Assassin and Rider looking at the young man in white whom, the Youth saint had just performed the Baptismal Rite on. It seemed the fact that said light could be performed as an exorcism had for better term had driven out whatever was possessing the young man. Now young man was unconscious but was stirring a little as if he were waking from a deep sleep, in truth the young man dressed in white might have been if what had happened to him with that being was any form of indication.

"Should have let me at least attempt to fight him" Heroism's immortal Man stated a little put off that when the person who lay in front of him had been awake, Shirou had forbidden Rider from killing despite the Servant of the Saddle desiring to 'stretch his legs' so to speak.

"What can't even stand a just a few hours without some form of violence?" Assassin teased him a bit in a playful manner, an enchanting but rather deadly smile gracing the Servant of Murder's lips. "I thought there was more to you than what Archer made there out to be."

"The opinion of the Chaste Huntress is biased due to the fact that she was a hunter of Artemis in life" Rider replied. "Those flowers are the most beautiful because they prick you when they are plucked" he informed Assassin. "Needless to say your are not like them at all."

Shirou saw that the two were enjoying themselves and decided to focus his attention on the person dressed in white in front of him. This young man had a bland face that if Shirou was not who he was, then he would have simply forgotten it as just another face in the crowd. Hushing the two much to Rider's annoyance "he is waking" Shirou stated. Seeing that this was their cue to leave as the person lying down in front of them would be rather confused if he saw two Servants plus a Master to two did so, at least Shirou looked relatively normal.

Soon the young man in the white uniform's eyes opened lazily before they took in where he was and then took on a more panicked look. Trying to back up, the man managed to bumped his arm. "Where" he began staring at the former Ruler Class Servant "where the hell am I? He somehow managed to ask. "Where is the 'D'" the young man was looking around searching for this person to whom he had simply referred to as the 'D'. The Man now looked down at his clothes "Why am I dressed in what looks to be a white Obelisk Blue uniform?"

"Calm down, deep breathes" the Youth Saint ordered and strangely enough the young man did. "Now why don't you start from what was the last thing you remember" the he suggested in a supportive tone. "I am sure we will be able to work out what occurred after that later."

The young man then began to speak "I was coming back to my apartment after y latest match" he recalled. "I had just reached when I saw the 'D' blocking my path, I was tired but I was weary" the Duellist explained. "He then spoke saying something about my growth and how he was interested to see it. Then he challenged me to a Duel" it seemed that due to his tone the man was a little hesitant to accept that invite. "At first I refused but he insisted, not wanting to risk my career I agreed if only to appease the 'D' and get him to leave me be."

The Duellist's eyes widened in horror at what he recalled "D Force" the man muttered "Destiny HERO Plasma" now he was cradling his head in his hands "that fiend" he said recalling what he had felt when he had seen the 'D's' trump card and something more. "How can a person call themselves and do something like that. "His previous opponents in the field they were in its wings, he had it eat them" the man whimpered. This earned Shirou's attention but the Youth Saint sensed that this all of it nor was it over, not yet at any rate for now.

"Then there was that" the Duellist began "that creature that appeared when he used D Force. I have no idea what it was" the man confessed. "It was like a bunch of smoke that shone brightly, with this the 'D" changed, his voice grew deeper and he appeared all the more evil." Still cradling his head in his hand it was clear that soon the young man would go into hysterics even with Shirou's use of Magecraft. "The man worshipped it as if it were something even greater than a God, he said that I would soon too worship it, he called it Dark light"

With this the young man in front of the Executioner slipped from conciousness, though the Servant in front of him had a hand in that. "So there is a being of evil that is trying to brainwash this whole world and take control for reason yet to be determined" Shirou summarised.

"Bravo" a voice that he knew called out "that was most excellently done" Caster stated as he walked up to his Master. "Though there is room for more creativity in your work I do say your acting it top notch and that you make quite the dashing villain I must say" the Famous Playwright informed him. "Though I guess you are not the main villain" Caster noted "at least not yet." walking as if whatever he had said was not in the least bit insulting the Servant of Spells spoke "Still this would make quite the story, now to find our main character."

"This is not one of your stories Caster" Shirou informed him "as Such it would be a shame if your part in this whole affair were to end due to your habits" the former Ruler Servant informed Caster. The threat was not hidden and was not meant to be, for a variety of reasons. While Caster continued as if he had not received the warning there was no doubt in the one who held his command seals mind that the Servant of Spells had heard and understood them, Shakespeare was only useful as long as you kept the his peculiar desires firmly in check.

"So" Caster began "We as a group stand at a crossroads" he informed Shirou "As our Master you and you alone are to decide where we will go and what we do with this new piece of information that has been provided with us by this poor unfortunate individual here." It was clear that the Servant of Spells was waiting on Shirou's answer and wouldn't leave until he had one. It was equally as clear that the other Servants were also gathering to here what he had to say, the work of Caster, there was no doubt, still it gave the man some time to decide.

Out of sight of Ruler but close enough to Hakuno to react to a threat Gilgamesh the King of Heroes stood before three other servants, namely Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus the fifth Emperor of Rome whom every other being just called Nero for short, then there was the nameless Servant who was known as the Wrought Iron Hero, and Tamamo no Mae the facet of the Goddess Amaterasu. "So, mongrels" Gil began though this was a him being rather polite in the presence of three Heroic Spirits whom he heavily despised. First was Saber, the one who had the nerve to look like his Saber the King King of Knights yet was slightly shorter than her and if her personality was any indication was certainly not the wielder of Excalibur. Second was Archer, Gil knew who the Servant had been in life and was not please with having forgeries of his treasures created, though this transgression of his paled before the other two. Finally the one he loathed the most was the facet of an accursed Goddess. While it seemed that Caster had no intention of being a God and rather focused on being a good wife, this did little to quell the ire of the King of Heroes. She was related to divinity and was not a Heroic Spirit and Divine Spirit instead, this was enough to earn his wrath. "It appears that this problem with these other Servant is more complex than we first thought."

"It does indeed" Archer agreed with a cautious nod, with the King of Heroes even Hakuno would have to watch his step lest he offended the eldest of Heroic Spirits, though Gil would give the former NPC some leeway, but none to much. "There is the matter she brought up."

"I am well aware of her believing that Hakuno is a Servant" Gilgamesh informed the nameless hero making his scorn for the anti hero rather clear "the real question is how?" the King of Heroes closed his eyes at this "I prevented his deletion from Moon Cell so there is no chance of him going to the Throne of Heroes though I will say that he definitely deserves to be sent there." Opening his crimson slitted eyes Gil gave a sideways glance at Archer not gracing the Servant by turning his head "it seems he takes after you in that sense of things."

Archer looked at him raising a white eyebrow "I only was recognised as a hero long after my death, might I remind you that it was not only the Grail War that had me enter the Throne of Heroes" the nameless Servant stated. "Though now said that does raise a good point."

"You are referring to the Sakura Labyrinth that Goshujin sama had to go through" Caster said "Well he did help save the world with the King of Heroes here though I am unsure of whether that is truly relevant at this point in time." she stated "I mean it could be that these two Ruler Class Servants as they called themselves are really looking for Goshujin sama but have found him before he has become a Heroic Spirit?" she suggested. The more they all thought about it the more it made sense, though that was not really a good thing for any of them.

"I have do believe that is possible as the Throne of Heroes does exist outside of time and space" Archer reasoned "or at least it that is was Magi believe" he added, experience had taught the Servant that a Magus could be at time. Recalling a certain individual from his past.

"While I am overjoyed beyond measure that Master has become or will become a Heroic Spirit do you think that this Shirou Kotomine would kill him just so he could use his body as a reagent to summon him?" Saber asked them. It was grim but one they had to consider.

"He may try, mongrel" Gil informed Saber his tone becoming dangerous "but he will fail as I myself with make his death legendary" the King o Heroes stated his eyes gaining a rather mad glint to them. The prospect of losing the second person he called friend not a nice one.

"I guess we can tell the other's who were not present" Saber said with a sigh "I myself and finding this task to tiresome, if there is an enemy e can simply defeat them and kill them, it is that simple" she stated in a rather carefree manner, the Roman emperor did have a point.

"Fine, mongrel" the King of Heroes "your suggestion has import however they are playing it low, as such we all know that they are up to something." it seemed that Gil knew something about this "I know of the one whom the mongrel known as the Legendary Green Man referred to as Assassin, I smell the worship of Ishtar anywhere, did you think I the king would not recognise the upstart daughter of Atargatis?" he asked though the question was rhetorical in it's nature. "Her city had a whole wall dedicated to that foul, murderous Goddess."

"Are we referring to the Syrain mermaid Goddess Derketo or the one named Ishtar?" Saber asked using one of Atargatis's other names. "Wait aren't you were the king of Babylon, so is she you successor of sorts?" This was a valid question if Gil had been the king of that city.

Before she Saber say more golden portals opened with weapons pointing out of them ready to strike at her "I was never ruler of a city that worshipped Ishtar, I banned such practices after Enkidu" the King of Heroes informed her. "I was the King of Uruk, I predate Babylon."

While the King of Heroes was a being a bit too forceful it was not uncalled for, then again his his most used Noble Phantasm was called 'the Gate of Babylon'' so it was an easy misconception that even the Iskander the King of Conquerors had made in regards to Gil's identity.

"Is she is Semiramis the Wise Queen of Assyria?" Archer asked receiving a slight nod from Gil. "That means that we are facing an enemy Servant who is no doubt ancient with as a result being powerful and we have no idea as to the nature or power of her Noble Phantasm."

This seemed to be the time when the That Iskander arrived he had heard what Archer had just said and decided to add in his input "if it is truly Semiramis you are speaking of it was said that she was the one who built the hanging gardens of Babylon." he informed all of them. "Though I am quite sure that it was Nebuchadnezzar the second who actually built it since it was actually built at least two hundred years after her life time, rumours had it that the King of Babylon built it to Amytis of her homeland Media in Persia" the King of Conquerors reasoned, well Rider had conquered and entered the city, so no doubt he had seen the hanging gardens, at least that is what most historians believed to be true at any rate. Though their credibility was rather low considering the gender and true nature of a few Heroic Spirits.

"Whether she built them or not is irrelevant" Archer informed Iskander "Servants are effected by the way they are seen by humans, I myself am an example of that fact, so we must factor in the hanging gardens into her nature as a Heroic Spirit even if she didn't build them."

"It seems your do have your uses faker" informed the Servant, his tone still scornful of Archer but rather amused as well "Do as you wish I am going to check up on Hakuno and torment that unsightly little yellow creature for my own amusement" Gl informed all four of them. With that the King of Heroes took his leave vanishing into golden motes of light that was akin to gold dust, just another attribute to show how much greater he was than the other Servants, though none cared in particular, much less enough to tell him they didn't care.

"Well the Saying does go that leopard does not change it's spots" Iskander said as he scratched his head at what was so fun about throwing weapons at Ojama Yellow. Then again Gil was not someone who you should try to get to know, as it would leave you rather confused.

It was a mystery how Hakuno had achieved it, then again he was a rather unique existence even when he was just an NPC in Moon Cell that was given self awareness to participate in the Grail War, given the fact that he had won it, only made him more all the more unique.

"Assassin" Meltlilith hissed referring to the white haired Heroic Spirit that was with the target of her and her sister's affection "how dare she even touch Sempai" the Alter Ego hissed her anger at Assassin clear "she thinks she can get away with saying that he is her brother in front of us, the nerve" it was a definite truth that the Alter Ego. "I will kill her for touching my Sempai" it seemed that Meltlilith was the one out of all of them who was ranting "but first we must deal with this Ruler Servant" she informed her sisters who nodded in reply.

"She is looking for Sempai" Passionlip said in a rather tired tone "she wants to take him away from us like that other Servant who had obtained a body like she has done" it seemed that While Meltlilith expressed her feelings more they were all displeased with the two Rulers. "Perhaps I should take hold of Sempai in my arms and never let him go, that way they won't be able to take him away?" Passionlip asked referring to her massive claws for hands. "They could not take him away from any of us then, they would not be able to even touch him."

"I could crush them all" a rather hysterical and crying King Protea stated. "They are trying to take Sempai away from us, they want to make him into a Servant, that is horrible." she said between tears of sorrow and rage "Sempai has already done enough for their world."

"I think that you are looking at this the wrong way around" Violet the most serious out of all of the Alter Ego's informed them while she desired a pure relationship with Hakuno she had to restrain herself from trying him down physically. As such she was just as obsessed over the former NPC as the other members of the 'Five' were though she just had better control of her feelings. This was boon for both her and Hakuno "Do you think that Hakuno, sempai as you refer to him as would be happy if we just went on a killing spree?" she asked.

"That type of thing is not relevant and I love Sempai so much that it cannot satisfy me" Meltlilith informed her sister Violet, then again if Meltlilith were to love she would not take the target of her affections feelings into consideration, as for her she was right in her actions.

"Stop being selfish Melt" Voilet ordered her voice stern broking no argument. For her part Meltlilith stared angrily into Violets eyes in a battle of wills that only one could win. Finally after what seemed an eternity Meltlilith was the one who averted her gaze though she did so reluctantly. "I thank you for your willingness to cooperate" Violet informed her sister "as you can see while he may put up a strong front, Hakuno Kishinami is in a very fragile situation right now, if we do things that we desire and wipe them all out, he might break or worse die and go to the Throne of Heroes." she explained "if that happens how long do you think we will have to wait to see him again?" Violet asked her fellow Alter Egos. "More importantly what do you think BB will have to say about all of this if Hakuno breaks or dies?"

The other Alter Ego's didn't need to answer they knew there would be all hell to pay if their creator who was like their mother and older sister all rolled into one arrived and saw or even heard what had happened to their Sempai, it was not a comforting thought in the least.

"Then" Kingprotea stammered she had been in her 'inner form' or 'true form' this entire time so she was not the intimidating giant but the vulnerable little girl. "Then what can we do to help Sempai?" she asked her eyes watering again at the prospect of not being able to help.

"What we originally planned to do when that fool lammed Sartorius unknowingly threatened Sempai" Violet replied. "If we reveal our existence so soon, that Servant who was the Ruler Class who is Amakusa Shirou Tokisada will no doubt find a way to counter us through some means or another, he is very sly, craft and cunning man after all" Violet explained. Thanks to the data that the Alter Ego's had from Moon Cell it was easy to find information about that Servant and who he was. It was clear they weren't to happy with what they found. "Though I am sure Kazuradrop is more than welcome to visit him more often due to her being oriented to a supporting role in combat rather than being made for combat itself" Violet said the others. "Kingprotea could also go but only in this current form of hers" she added.

While the other two were happy for Kazuradrop and Kingprotea that they would be able to spend time with their Sempai Passionlip and Meltlilith were also jealous of the other two. Violet kept her own counsel but also shared the same sort of sentiment on this matter herself.

Maximillion Pegasus and Seto Kaiba where watching the Duel from the Chancellors office "I must say that this isn't buying the time we thought it would, though it seems that we have managed to get the Maid of Orleans interested enough that she doesn't got to confront this other Ruler just yet." Pagaus stated stroking his chin, he had placed Syrus up against her because he had reasoned that it would but them the time they needed with it not being a short duel, he was right, it was not a short duel, but only because Jeanne had to ask Syrus every now and again what certain cards did, since she had forgotten some of them and couldn't read Japanese very well. She also had to encourage the timid brother of Zane Truesdale due to his lack of self esteem, especially when he was losing, much less losing to a beginner

"It seems that she is indeed luck" Kaiba replied. "Though from the little I learned on the hundred year war between England and France that she was dealt a rather poor hand" the Blue Eyes White Dragon user remarked. "Being abandoned by the country she fought for and being burned at the stake as a witch is not to be considered lucky." Maiba informed Pegasus who nodded in agreement. "Still I can't help but feel that Syrus may start fighting back now." Kaiba had a good intuition with these sort of things, then again he had lost to Yugi Moto due to the luck of the draw far too often not to devellope some sort of sixth sense for this sort of thing.

"Is that so Kaiba boy?" Pegasus asked though he could tell it was also coming up "I must ask if will it be enough for Syrus boy to win?" It seemed that neither were sure if Syrus could pull it off that well, though both did believe it was a possibility having seen it been done before on numerous occasions. Being on the receiving end of quite a few. Well a the last part was in Kaiba's case Pegasus had only suffered from it a handful of times.

Omake -How the Duel Ended

"Now with my Super Vehicroid Stealth Union" Syrus began" I will attack your life points directly" he informed Jeanne de Arc as the huge transformer like robot launched itself at the Amid of Orleans with a massive fist aiming at her.

"Not so fast" ruler replied as she grabbed her flag "Luminosité Eternelle: God is Here With Me" she declared invoking the name of her Noble Phantasm. Syrus's Monster clashed against her Flag causing a massive shock wave that shook everyone off of their feet. Seto Kaiba who had just come in to have a word with Hakuno was sent flying up towards the roof, where he was hit hard against it before he fell like a brick crashing into the stairs.

"What in tarnation!" Hassleberry yelled in horror "Kaiba died!" he shouted in disbelief.

Syrus turned from the corpse of Seto Kaiba to look at Ruler whose life points had not dropped. Coming to the wrong conclusion that she had somehow managed to transfer all of the damage that would have dropped her life points to zero he shouted "you're not human!"

Jeanne de Arc's eyes widened at this "what how could you say that she asked in horror at what the boy in front of her was accusing her of. "I didn't mean for that to happen."

Lancer was with Hakuno crouching on the seat next t the former NPC "Is it me or is this really familiar?" he asked the NPC just shrugged "also did hse just use her noble Phantasm to block an attack in a Duel?" the Hound f Ulster asked rather confused.

"I made you use Gáe Bolg in several of my duels" Hakuno replied "Though I do suspect that this is little bit different." the Former NPC now looked at Jeanne's tattered flag "I guess the word for it is called cheating."

Lancer gave a short laugh "Well kid that's nice and all how about we get ourselves a drink?" he asked the victor of Moon Cell as the Hound of Ulsteer got up from his crouching position.

"This is an academy dedicated to student learning I don't think that they have Alcohol here" Hakuno replied to Lancer's horror "that and I'm under age." Lancer just let out a cry of horror and diselief at this, his cries echoing to the heavens though more like echoing around the room.

Seto Kaiba's eyes snapped open as he was greeted with a familiar landscape "seriously back here again?" a white haired man with tanned skin asked clearly not impressed "Seriously last time you came here the King of Heroes heard a word he didn't like and began to destroy everything" the mysterious man explained.

"If I recall correctly you were the one who said the name of the Goddess he despised the mot" Kiaba retorted and then froze "I've been here before" he realised. "That blonde haired french woman has killed me twice now."

"Yes" the mysterious man agreed "It seems that you have a habit of being killed by people who are from Europe, though there was the Alter Ego but she is akin to an Earth Mother Goddess so I guess she doesn't really count as she is fro everywhere."

Kaiba didn't reply as he walked to where he had been the last few times "hopefully Yugi or Marik are not here" he said to himself.

His prayers were answered though not in the way he wanted them to be "Hey Kaiba" the familiar voice of Joey Wheeler called out "what are you doing here?"

Seto Kaiba groaned this was going to be much longer than the others it seemed. Taking out his most used card outside of Duelling Kaiba contemplated on using it on Joey if only for a moment, before the worlds second best duellist realised that this could hhave dire consquences if he simply through it here. That and the fact that he could accidentally summon it, that was into a bad thing though it was not really a good thing for him either so Kaiba refrained from doing so deciding to return the pain to Joey seven fold upon escaping from this place.

Last edited:
Chapter 24
Jeanne de Arc's Life points: 7100

Syrus Truesdale's Life points: 3900

"Alright" Syrus Truesdale said to himself as he looked at his face down card "this duel is decided on the card I draw here and now" As the Slifer's hand drew towards his deck Syrus froze up. It may have been only for a moment but to him it felt like an eternity. "Why do I even bother?" the light blue haired boy asked himself. "I mean it's not like I am going to win." It was then right after he said this that Syrus felt the gaze of his peers and friends upon him. "That's right" Syrus thought to himself "My friends would be disappointed if I just simply gave up" the Slifer noted giving a sideways glance to Jaden "I mean that is the one thing Jaden told me never to do." Once again finding his courage and conviction Syrus took that last painful step and put his fingers onto the top of his deck. "Here it comes" Syrus said not realising that he had just spoken aloud "the moment of truth" exhaling a breath the Slifer hadn't realised he had been holding Syrus drew the card. Looking at the card Syrus found a little disappointed, it was not the game changer he hoped for, but then again the Slifer was no Jaden that he could pull a victory from certain defeat. Still the card was way better than nothing and he could use it in conjunction with his face down so Syrus decided to roll with. Actually winning was a far off hope for him but he didn't want to go down without a fight.

"I play my Graceful Charity spell card" the small Slifer declared as said card appeared on the field. "So I get to draw three cards as long as as long as I ditch two of them" he explained. Drawing two cards and then discarding two of them. "Now Syrus said as he held his open palm out in front of his face down "I'll activate my spell card Disgraceful Charity, this allows me to return all the cards that were discarded by effects and spells on this turn to my hand" he informed the Maid of Orleans retrieving the two cards he had been forced to discard.

"Now I'll play my Vehicroid Connection Zone" Syrus stated revealing one of the cards he held in his hand. "With this I can send my UFOroid and the Repairsawrus that Hassleberry made for me to summon my UFOroid Fighter" Syrus declared. Then a figure that looked as if it belonged in an Elemental HERO deck that was sitting on what could be seen as a mini UFO appeared on the field in motes of light hovering above Syrus.

UFOroid Fighter Stars: 10 ATK: ? DEF: ?

"Why doesn't your fighter have any attack or defence points?" Ruler asked wondering why such a high level monster would not have anything given what Syrus had done to get it to bring it to the field. Then this was the Servant's first duel so she could be forging for that.

"That's because UFOroid Fighter's ATK and DEF is the combination of the monsters that were used to summon it" Syrus replied, with these words proving true when his monster's ATK and DEF rose to a respectable and slightly intimidating level as all of Rulers monsters were in ATK position.

UFOroid Fighter Stars: 10 ATK: 3500 DEF: 3100

"I should have used Herald of Ultimateness's effect so that I could have prevented such a summoning" Jeanne noted learning quickly about duelling, while quietly lamenting that she did not have a fairy type monster to spare that she could perform such a feat with it.

"That would have worked if I had not used my Veichrode Connection Zone spell card" Syrus replied "you see that card of mine is immune to all effects including those of monsters" the light blue haired Slifer informed he Maid of Orleans, much to Ruler's surprise.

"That" she began "that is quite well done Syrus" Jeanne de Arc finally found the words she was looking for "you're rather good if you try" she informed him with a winning smile that made Syrus's face flush red like a ripe tomato, that or like he had been in the sun too long.

The light blue haired Slifer Red only did so because he knew that she was being genuine, and that she wasn't trying to manipulate him, he hope. After all most guys could only dream about a girl like Jeanne to compliment them, however said girl was a Heroic Spirit did have something to do with sobering the boy if only a tiny bit."Thanks" Syrus stuttered but the Slifer managed to maintain his focus as to not get distracted by the sheer goodness Jeanne had. It was not easy but Syrus Truesdale the younger brother of Zane managed to achieve it. "Right then" Syrus began I'll have my UFOroid destroy your Herald" Syrus declared as his monster launched forth before shooting Jeanne's one causing the Angelic like figure to shatter into pieces like glass. Making the Maid of Orlean's life points drop by over a thousand.

Jeanne de Arc's Life points: 5600

Syrus felt a wave of satisfaction that he had actually been able to accomplish something now he just had to survive Ruler's next turn so that he could use the card Hassleberry had made effect. Then he might actually stand a chance of winning, that was if Jeanne was not like Jaden that she had ridiculous luck when it came to such things like luck of the draw. Then again non but the King of Games himself could actually beat Jaden's luck when it came to drawing the right card, or so Syrus had come to believe after his time spent with Jaden. Noticing he had a useful card he could could place down as a countermeasure to whatever Ruler was most likely going to throw at him Syrus said "I'll throw on card face down and call it a turn" he informed Ruler "and then I'll call it a turn" the small Slifer declared.

Jeanne de Arc nodded smiling kindly at Syrus "than you" the Servant said to Syrus as she drew a card "I can see how many find these games enjoyable" she informed him. Looking at the card in her hand Ruler frowned as she had not memorised what this card was or what it was capable of or more importantly is she could make use of it in general. "Sryus" she began a little embarrassed at what she was about to ask "could you please explain to me the effect of this card?" she asked. "I think in the excitement of duelling I forgot how to use it."

"Man" Chazz Princeton stated clearly worried for Syrus "can her luck get any better?" the black Jacketed Slifer asked no doubt because of the car she was showing. ""come one Syrus please lie, some on you're only going to win this if you don't tell her what that card does."

Syrus had not heard him or chose not to hear Chazz, even though he was in fact unnerved by the card she was showing him. Finally the boy's shoulders slumped in defeat. "That" he began "is Archlord Kristya, an eight star monster with two thousand eight hundred ATK and two thousand three hundred DEF" the sad looking Slifer red stated. "That is not all but if you have four fairy type monsters, which I might add you do, he can be special summoned to the field" Syrus informed her with a sad sigh as if he were a puppy being kicked by her.

"That" Chazz hissed "That idiot" the mascot of the Slifer Red Dorm snarled. "Why the hell did he just throw away his only chance of winning just because a girl as good looking as her asked him to read out a card's effect because she was not able to remember what it did?"

"Perhaps it's because while winning feels good, Syrus Sempai values other things more highly Chazz Sempai" was Hakuno's reply as he studied Ruler "that and Ruler, the Maid of Orleans is feeling like she is kicking a puppy right now so I do believe that she will not end the duel here, out of the kindness of her heart that is my Sempais." The Former NPC explained though he did not expect them to fully understand not yet, as they didn't have a Heroic Spirit like Anderson explaining things to them, nor had they met people strange like she was.

"Jeez" Jaden began looking at the former NPC "I mean not even I am that lucky with drawing cards but I guess it all evens out as I know what all of my cards do" the Slifer stated. "But are you saying that Jeanne de Arc, man that is a mouthful, is going to throw the match?"

Hakuno turned to regard Jaden his eyes serious "I'm not sure if you know this Sempai, but I never did say that the Maid of Orleans wasging to throw the match, sure that has crossed her mind probably several times by now, but she would most likely feel that it would be an insult to Syrus' if she were to do so" the former NPC informed them with a sigh "I just informed you that Ruler is not going to win this turn as she hasn't gotten carried away and does not want to hurt Syrus emotionally by beating him so easily when she is the beginner here."

Chaz snorted knowing full well that he would not have done so, then again he would not need someone to read out what his own cards effects were or for them to explain it to him. "We'll see" the black jacketed Slifer red "the slacker better not lose on this round" he stated.

"Well with the card he sent to the graveyard for his fusion I say that if he makes it past this turn things might get a little interesting for him." Hassleberry commented knowing the effects of the card that he had made, despite disliking the Slifer he had put effort into making it. If you have to do something you should do it well, that was what the boy's father had always told him. So while it might not save Syrus from his predicament, the short little Slifer was not going to be going down with nothing less than a fight. He was Zane's brother after all.

"Okay" the Miad of Orleans replied looking at the card "thank you for helping me even though you didn't have to" Jeanne said smiling in gratitude at Syrus making the poor boy blush red like a ripe tomato. After he had said some words that she couldn't understand that must have been his attempt at a 'your welcome' she decided to resume her turn "Alright I must humbly request that Archlord lend me his strength for this duel" the Saint stated as an Angelic figure that was clothed in light sliver armour with bright red wings came onto the field.

Archlord Kristya Stars: 8 ATK: 2800 DEF: 2300

"Now I'll equip my Cestus of Dagla to him" Ruler declared in the full spirit of things, mainly the duel. Than suddenlt the Heroic Spirit stopped before looking as Syrus a bit sheepishly "I can do that right?" she asked. It seemed that although Jeanne de arc had very good luck compared to the Slifer, despite how well she did in this duel some of her actions were a constant reminded to the audience that this was her first time ever playing the game or even seeing the game played. Some might have found it funny while most would have found it sad.

Syrus hesitated, though this time it was more because he couldn't believe that she had forgotten the phases of the game rather than the fact that he had thought on deceiving her, that voice was there but that voice could never be Syrus, nor could it ever influence the boy either.

Archlord Kristya Stars: 8 ATK: 3300 DEF: 2300

Seeing the boy nod Jeanne looked to the cards in her hand after she had equipped Cestus of Dagla her monster. "I have decided that I will play a face down and end my turn" the Maid of Orleans stated as a face down card appeared on the field, proving Hakuno words right.

"What?" Bastion managed "why one earth would she do a thing like that?" the Ra Yellow asked. Looking to Hakuno his friend Bastion asked "You said that she would not beat this turn Syrus this turn purely out of kindness of her heart, care to please explain that to me?"

Hakuno looked at Bastion, he couldn't see why the youth was not aware of it "kindness, humility, honesty, purity, faith Misawa Sempai" Hakuno began "her heart carries only these things and nothing else" he told all of them "that is why she chose not to win on this turn."

"Well" Alexis began "I guess she isn't a saint for no reason" unlike most of the others she had a far better education thanks to her parents so she knew a little of the Maid of Orleans's history. "I guess she truly is the Saint people make her out to be in that case" Alexis stated.

It appeared that Syrus too was a bit surprised by this "What?" he asked not believing what Ruler had just done. "Why one earth didn't you attack?" The Slifer red asked her "it would have been over for me if you did" he explained. "Not that I stand much of a chance of winning either way" Syrus added mentally while trying to place up a strong front. Still for someone like Syrus who had a brother like Zane to live up to things like this made him feel full of self pity as the Slifer had always known that he was nowhere near as good as Zane.

It appeared that Ruler had seen thoughts like these across his face despite Syrus strong front he put on or at least tried to "I" the Maid of Orleans began "I feel as though it would be wrong to beat you like this" she admitted knowing that deceiving Syrus would do neither of them any good. "It would be doing a great wrong by you if I were to win so easily when I am just a beginner who can barely read the cards she has much less know what they do and have to ask my you opponent for aid with you giving to me so readily even though it would benefit yourself much more to lie or deceive me" Jeanne de Arc explained. "If I were to take the help you gave me willingly and freely, then to use it to defeat you. I would forever taint my very soul with that black a sin" she informed Syrus "that is why I now stay my hand."

If the Maid of Orleans expected wrath from Syrus she was to be surprised. Instead of shouting angrily at her the boys shoulder's slumped and the boy hanged his head in defeat even though he had yet to lose. "I guess I am so pathetic that I invoke sympathy from the person who is my opponent" the Slifer Red said in resignation. "I really don't know why Kaiba and Pegasus requested that I be the one to Duel you, There is no way I could win" he stated. "I guess I am not much use after all and should just sit back and let everyone else handle it."

"What are you saying" Ruler rebuked Syrus earning a flinch from the short boy. "You just can't give up" she informed him "Even though this is something of no consequence if you give up here you will start to give up when it actually matters" the Maid of Orleans stated.

"Is it me or am I starting to see some sort of chemistry between the two of them?" Chazz asked, more to himself that anyone else "I mean she has lots of confidence when it counts and he has none at all, it appears that Ruler as she calls herself completes Syrus" he muttered

The Slifer would have made to say more but a stern look from Alexis shut him up. "Chazz" she began "are you even able to take anything seriously?" Alexis asked him. "You shouldn't joke about stuff like that, especially when one of them in this case is a Saint no less."

Back with Syrus it seemed he had at least temporarily been shocked back into action. "Okay" Syrus stammered "I draw" he stated drawing a card from the top of his deck. "Thanks to Archlod Krysta neither of us can special summon monsters this turn." The Slifer Red noted. "It's a good thing that the card dino brain made for me then is immune to such effects" Syrus noted that he did have something to thank Hassleberyy for later, though the Slifer knew it would be better to do it in private. Still the thought irked Syrus after what had happened before with the two of them. Pushing these stray thoughts to the side Syrus looked at the card in his hand and resisting sighing in defeat as he couldn't make use of it. "Alright then" Syrus began "thanks to my Repairsawrus's effect he returns to the field now" Syrus explained as a light shone and then faded revealing a humanoid reptile like monster with spanners instead of hands and a mechanical eye along with gears for a crest along its back. Letting out a human like roar Repairswarus jumped onto the field landing in front of the timid Slifer red.

Repairsawrus Stars: 6 ATK: 2300 DEF: 1900

"Now his special effect kicks in" Syrus stated "You see for every one of my monsters in the graveyard he gains 200 ATK and DEF points" Syrus explained. "That and I so happen to have three" the light blue haired boy explained so in tatal he gains 600 ATK and DEF points."

Repairsawrus Stars: 6 ATK: 2900 DEF: 2500

"Now then I'll play my face down limiter removal, as you already now now all my Machine type monsters ATK are doubled" Syrus informed her "Also my Repairsawrus has a nifty effect that allows him to be treated as a Machine type monster if I discard one card from my hand" Syrus explained as he discarded a card and both of his monster were surrounded by a golden light as their ATK points doubled suddenly making them look intimidating with that high ATK points.
Repairsawrus Stars: 6 ATK: 5800 DEF: 2500

UFOroid Fighter Stars: 10 ATK: 7000 DEF: 3100

"I" Ruler began "can I use Soul of Purity and Light's effect to negate 300 ATK from your monsters?" she asked earning a nod from Syrus. "Very well then though it does not make too much of a difference I beseech the Soul of Purity and light to negate 300 of your monsters ATK points" Jeanne declared as Syrus's monster ATK points went down by that amount.

Repairsawrus Stars: 6 ATK: 5500 DEF: 2500

UFOroid Fighter Stars: 10 ATK: 67000 DEF: 3100

"Alright then" Syrus stated "now that has been settled Repairsawrus attack Soul of Purity and Light" he instructed as the dino like machine warrior, thing let out a roar and delivered a kick to Ruler's monster shattering it into hundred of pieces. Jeanne felt her life points go down a considerable bit, meaning that she would have to play her trap card when his next monster attack so she didn't lose. Due to Soul of Purity and Light no longer being on the field it's effect no longer negated 300 of Syrus's monster ATK so their ATK returned to normal.

Repairsawrus Stars: 6 ATK: 5500 DEF: 2500

UFOroid Fighter Stars: 10 ATK: 67000 DEF: 3100

Jeanne de Arc's Life points: 2100

"Wow Jaden commented "what a way to bounce back. I mean Syrus now has a chance of winning this match on this very turn" the Slifer said excitedly. "What?" he asked in surprise looking at the others else who did not share in his enthusiasm which was usually infectious.

"Jaden" Bastion said with a sigh "you are forgetting the face down she played" the Ra Yellow informed him. "Given the way she draws that it rivals you that face down has to be some ace in the whole that she can turn her defeat into victory. Syrus too probably knows this."

"Misawa sempai is right sempai" Hakuno agreed using the proper honorific, all of those present even Chazz knew that they would never get used to the amount of respect that the former NPC showed his seniors or as his upper class men also known to them as Sempai's.

True to Bastion prediction when Jeanne de Arc revealed her face up "I activate my facedown Aid to the doomed" she explained. "It seemed that she had at least memorised this card's effect, and it had saved her the game. "I now discard two cards from my hand to end the turn" Jeanne stated informing Syrus of it's effect before looking a little sheepish and flushing a little in embarrassment, this meant that she was going to ask Syrus if this was a move she was able to perform. Then again despite how well she did the Ruler was new to all of this.

Seeing her about to ask Syrus simply hung his head and sighed "Yes" the Slifer red answered the question before Jeanne de Arc even had the chance to ask it. "Yes you can do that" Ryrus informed her with resignation, he was almost going to win but then this just happened. Syrus saw both of his monster destroyed and sent to the graveyard due to Limiter Removal's effect. He would get the card that Hassleberry had made for him the next turn again, but the short Slifer Red knew with no doubt that there was not going to be a next turn for him.

"Thankyou for helping me learn about this strange game" Jeanne said as she drew a card "I feel obliged to tell you that it was fun even though it seemed that you were dealt a bad hand, but I am proud that you stuck out until the end instead of quitting" Jeanne stated causing Syrus to blush. Again Chazz muttered something about chemistry like he had before but did so under his breath so Alexis and the others couldn't fully hear what he was saying. "Now then" Jeanne began as she looked to her monster Archlord Krysta "Archlord Krysta I beseech you to attack Syrus's Life points directly" she implored treating the Duel Monster as if it were a true Angel, then again she must have believed that as Pegasus had given her a combination of the Herald deck with Angels mixed into it for the Maid of Orleans.

Ruler's monster charged Syrus and struck him directly making the light blue haired boy fall to his knees in exhaustion and defeat as his life point dropped to below a thousand.

Syrus Truesdale's Life points: 600

"Now Victoria" Ruler spoke to the Dragon riding monster she had "please I implore you to finish this." She requested as the dragon riding monster charged Syrus striking him with her staff making him fall onto his rear as Syrus lost the last eight hundred of his life points.

Syrus Truesdale's Life points: 0

"Damn" Jaden swore under his breath "and Syrus almost had a turnaround as well, but it was a nice game I guess, save for the fact that she had to ask Sy as to some of her cards effects" it was clear that Jaden had been hoping Syrus would win but didn't hold it against Ruler.

"It's like facing some as lucky as Jaden" Bastion murmured "only that she is" here the Ra yellow paused unsure of how he should finish this observation. "Only that she is completely new to the game in as a whole" he decided on saying the real truth of the matter.

"Well a wins a win" Alexis said with a relieved sigh glad that this was done and dusted, truthfully she was afraid for Syrus as the Heroic Spirit may have taken offence to being defeated by anyone in general. Though Hakuno had tried to assure them that Ruler would not.

"Still I know like actually having Luck which will has a real effect on things feels a little off putting mam" Hassleberry said honestly. The dino soldier's eyes looked Jeanne de Arc for a moment before he relented and stopped "things like that just don't feel right" he stated. Now the dino soldier looked at Hakuno. "if Hakuno here had to face people on this sort of level then he surely must be skilled to come out on top" her didn't mention luck here because he firmly believed that it would take more than just that to face the likes of a Heroic Spirit.

"Still" Chazz said softly to himself "has to be some form chemistry between the two of them" the Slifer's eyes moving back and forth between Ruler and the Syrus "that or the Ojama's have finally succeeded in their quest to drive me bat shit crazy to think this" he added. It was then Chazz noticed something was missing. The Slifer red had not been harassed by the Ojama trio recently, this left him to wonder where the hell those three mutants had got to. It was then that Chazz recalled a certain golden Duel Spirit that he knew where they were.

With said Ojama trio they were running for their lives screaming their hearts out with tears falling from their eyes as they ran to avoid weapons of legend that were shot at them from golden portals. Gil laughed at their plight, "yes" the King of Heroes stated "yes, scream in those annoying voices of yours" he demanded sending more attacks their way "I want you to give me a real reason to kill all of you" Gil told them. "None of you will rest until I am satisfied with your pain, you filth, not even worth calling mongrels" Gil stated a manic gleam in the King of Heroes slitted crimson eyes. For their part the Ojamas kept on screaming and running, it was unclear whether or not if they had heard Gil speak but that didn't really matter too much as the trio were doing as he had bidden them and were running for their lives while the King of Heroes laughed at their struggle, little did they know but Gil was merely using this as a ruse, he had sensed one of the other Heroic Spirits that had come here with new group probing around and wondered if his activities would draw her attention to him.

"Well" Pegasus stated breaking the silence that had come about directly after Jeanne de Arc's duel had ended. "That was enlightening to say the least" the creator of the modern Duel Monster System said though he was just trying to start up the discussion they had been in.

"That" Seto said looking at Ruler through the screen "that was a lot of shit" Kaiba swore showing how serious he took it all, though it may have been due to his own personal experience in this area, like his first ever defeat to Yugi Moto. This no doubt reminded Kaiba of it. "The luck she has is ridiculous, not even Yugi could pull off a stunt like this one his first time duelling without even knowing what some of his own cards do" Kaiba snarled it seemed that the head of Kaiba Corp was taking this in a very serious manner given that comparison.

Pegasus contemplated telling Kaiba that unlike her Yugi didn't have special powers to get those cards and was actually just born lucky or given what happened to him in his life also unlucky that he was able to keep on duelling, given the certain situations Yugi Moto had been forced into due to Duel Monsters Pegasus considered some of that bad luck, also it was not all Yugi Moto, he had did have some help. "Yes, I know interesting in deed Kaiba boy" Pegasus mused "but at least we've distracted her for the time being a small victory in itself."

This seemed to get the desired effect As Kaiba managed to restrain his anger about this as he took that piece of information in. "Yes it is" he agreed "but that doesn't mean he have much time before Duel Academy makes all of the Shadow games three look like a friendly chat between good friends" Kaiba said to him. "we can't have that sort of destruction with the students or even ourselves around" he stated earning a nod from Pegasus. "Also from what she has said I have no doubt that Ruler will go and confront these other Heroic Spirits later."

It was clear from his concerned expression that this was a very large issue to two of them were dealing with, that and both men knew that despite this they were in over their heads, but this was not something either could overlook, at least with people still at Duel Academy.

"You have the right of it Kaiba boy" Pegasus agreed with a tired sigh, fortunately right now the other Heroic Spirits that came here shortly before the Maid of Orleans have yet to do anything, though I guess that they are just biding their time for the moment" the man stated. It was clear for the time being that this other group of Heroic Spirits were mostly content to wait, but wait for what, that was the question that was troubling the minds of the two men. Perhaps they intended to wait out the evens with the Society of Light, only time would tell.

Sartorius was tired, the day had been a long one and he was not quite up to dealing with the 'D' tonight. No instead he retired to the more luxurious (Chazz's) part of the Slifer red dorm for the evening and tried his hand with his tarot wafers again, yielding the same results. Suppressing a cry of frustration and animal like rage at this the soothsayer settled for grumbling to himself about what he would do to the person responsible for this. Some of the things weren't even possible but it did make him feel better, enough to regain his composure. Gathering up his cards Sartorius looked at the card that resembled a cherry blossom in the vaguest sense, the one he believed to be responsible for all of this given it being a new addition that stuck with his tarot wafers no matter what he had done to remove or even dispose of it. "I will find you" the soothsayer promised with malign intent and when I do, I will make you wish you were never born. Ironically he had still not noticed the second addition to the tarot wafers that had appeared with the first. Nor did he know that neither of the individuals he was seeking had never been born, Sartorius would have actually been concerned if he had, given that certain individuals who were aligned or in another case hopelessly in love with one of the individuals had heard him. Or that if he continued his life would be very short.

Still if it gave Sartorius any comfort, if he knew what was in store for the 'D' it would make any fate he suffered be preferable to that. As for the 'D' he was currently back on his cruise ship sipping some wine, pretending that he was more than just another thief and a murderer. After all what else was he, the 'D' was no good Duellist, sure he had helped Aster but that was just with the Basixs, it was Sartorius who had thought the young Aster Phoenix how to read the flow of Duels and how he could control them by manipulating his opponents and getting them to play right into his hands. No the only reason the 'D' held any power was not because he was the first to be shown the light, but because he held the card that had brought the light into this world, that needed to change and change soon and Sartorius knew it.

Archer of the Red, Atalanta, the Chaste Huntress had finally been able to convince Shirou Kotomine to let her scout the area as long as she promised not to engage any Servants and if Ruler had by some chance been able to arrive here by now to steer well away from the Maid of Orleans for the time being. This did not sit well with the Chaste Huntress, neither did it sit well with Achilles who was itching for a fight, but Atalanta had more benign reasons for not wanting to stay still, from she ad seen of this society of light they were true monsters. Something that should be stopped, not waited out like they were doing, Archer of the Red noted that her master had not forbade her from taking out members of said society, only from killing them, which was something the Chaste Huntress could agree on given that, said members were just people being controlled by whatever force empowers the light. Atalanta though had a more personal reason to want to take them down, it was the location of where they were. From what she had gathered this place was a place of learning where children had gathered to build their futures. That is the impression she got from their captive, what made Atalanta wish to take action was the fact that this Society of Light had chosen to come here to pick up it's newest members, a cunning move if a very craven and sick one.

"I dislike those who hurt children the most" Atalanta said to herself quietly as she walked around the forest, managing to avoid the traps that had been set there most likely by another servant, a pragmatic one though he would have had to have been famous for it, to be this good. Atalanta herself had received mercy as a child as such it tied in with her wish, which was why she could participate in a Grail War. She had come to the edge of this clearing as she had briefly sensed the power of Heroic Spirit here, while Archer of the Red would choose to not engage this Servant even it meant taking them down and saving trouble in the future. Shirou Kotomine could be rather cruel to those who chose to deliberately disobey him if there were other options available to them at that point it time. Still she had to be careful as she was 'treading on thin ice here' Kotomine would not hesitate to use a command seal as he had threatened Rider with use of one if Heroisms Immortal Man acted out again. Though the Chaste huntress wouldn't mind seeing one used on Caster, the thought of the famous playwright being unable to perform his usual antics did bring a small smile to Atalanta's face for a moment. Reaching the edge of the clearing Arhcer of the Red found it empty and deviod of anything interesting Sighing at this Archer of the Red then decided to speak "I still believe this whole thing with Saver is a hoax" the Chaste Huntress muttered as silently as she could "something like that was to good to be true" she reasoned. "As such to even consider it shows the depths of desperation in ones soul, now that is true folly I believe"

"You and me both" a snide and cynical voice replied from nearby. While a normal human would not have been able to find the owner of said voice even in life Atalanta had never been defined by the term normal 'normal'. Being a Huntress of Artemis ensured that in itself. Archer of the Red brought her Bow upon a man dressed in green wearing a dark green cloak and hood, he was sitting in a comfortable position on a tree branched, at first glance he looked relaxed, but Atalanta didn't need a second look to know that his crossbow was trained on her, ready to shoot at a moments notice. "Easy there" the other Heroic Spirit said to the Chaste Huntress, "If I wanted to attack I would have sprung the traps you walked into while you were avoiding some of the other ones I set" he explained in a blunt matter of fact tone.

This statement visibly vexed Atalanta, the fact that he dared to insinuate that she had fallen for any of his traps was infuriating, it was then that Archer of the Red realised what she was doing and forced herself to calm down immediately, she would need a level head for this. "Why have you set up all of those traps?" she asked him "is it some vain attempt to trim our numbers if we were to assault you in your base of operations?" she accused "that or is your master such a coward that he would resort to such filthy measures to defeat his foes."

If this was supposed to bait the other Archer he didn't take it "While most of the Master's I have served find some of my talents distasteful and not befitting of a Heroic Spirit, but fortunately my current one agreed if only to protect the students that lodge and learn here" the other Archer explained. "Now as to you, you could say that I was more akin to a casual observer" he offered one who was in the right place at the right time, to in my point of view, the wrong place at the wrong time" he explained in a tired and rather disillusioned tone.

Atalanta's eyes narrowed at what he mean but then they widened as she felt a presence forming behind her. Turning around the Chaste Huntress saw golden motes of light come together to reveal a golden figure with fiery blonde hair and slitted crimson eyes. He stood there looking down at her with an air of arrogance that not even Jason the leader of the Argonauts held, unlike Jason this Heroic Spirit didn't have any Divine favour looking out for him, no this man's arrogance came wholly from within, his confidence in his own power. This either made him a very foolish person or a very dangerous one, perhaps if Archer was a Lancer with their infamous ranking in luck this Servant may have been both options. "Well then filth" the man addressed her, Shall we get started?" he asked rhetorically in a very mocking tone.

Omake-A song of Gilgamesh (and Hakuno) in Westeros

Hakunno and Gil were surrounded armed men, each had their spear or swords pointed at the duo. Behind them stood a youth with blonde hair and green eyes, more importantly he wore a crown on his head while possessing and sadistic smile on his face. "So" the youth began "As you can see I have you at my mercy, so is there anything you plebeians would like to say to your king?" he asked. Where the idiot had got the idea that he was a king not to mention theirs was beyond Hakuno who looked at Gil to see the Heroic Spirit's reaction.

The King of Heroes just laughed cruelly and richly Hakuno raised an eyebrow as this meant that Gil was thoroughly displeased with what he had just heard. In short he was going to kill everyone, beside Hakuno. But that didn't make it automatically better, since he was about to go on a killing spree. Gil's laughter died down "You my king, Mongrel that is a joke told in poor taste" he informed the youth and his guards. "I am the only Hero King of Humanity" said king declared as his Golden armour appeared on him in golden motes of light. "Any others who claim to be a king are just mongrels, dog" he told the now enraged youth. "The entire world is my garden, and you have tried to claim what is mine" Gil now opened his eyes with a look that could kill a thousand times over "And then you claim to me the king that you are my king, your pain shall be legendary" the King of Heroes shouted as a single portal to the Gate of Babylon opened and sent a nameless spear into the youths leg, sending him backwards and forcing him to the ground screaming in pain, it seemed he was weak.

The Guards all turned to look at the worthless piece of shit "your majesty" one shouted in concern while another shouted "King Joffery" naming the fiend that Gil had just wounded. It as disgraceful as it took them several more moments to turn back to Hakuno and Gil.

Before any of them could raise their spears their attention was caught by the scream of a woman "Joffery" a woman dressed in red and gold with blonde hair and green eyes, who was without a doubt his mother rushed to his side and began barking for someone to treat him.

"Such confidence in ones own beauty" Gilgamesh snarled in disgust "So like her, taking whatever she wants and making others pay the consequence." fixing the entire guards around them with a stern glare he ordered "Kill her, her presence offends me and she is most vile."

Now while most people would think he was insane for even attempting most people didn't know that Gil's ranking in Charisma was so ridiculously high that if he ordered you to do something it felt like you were given a divine compulsion to obey him and couldn't refuse. So while it may have been a rather shocking and horrible surprise for anyone else watching besides Hakuno and Gil when the guards all turned and walked to Jofferey's mother and then began to systematically spear her. Despite her protests killing her in a most cruel way.

While this occurred Gil decided that he and Hakuuno should leave, as the King of Heroes was often to do he did so in style, calling out Vimana for the two of them to step onto, once they were a good distance away GIl turned to Hakuno and spoke "Well when I said I would be teaching you how to enjoy life that is not what I meant" the King of Heroes informed the former NPC. Taking out Ea the Sword of Rupture Gilgamesh raised it high. "Awaken Ea, a world that does not deserve my presence has been found" he intoned "Purge the Evil before me Enuma Elsih!" the King of Heroes commanded as the world was rent asunder.

Vevian Crowler sat in his office and dropped the coffee he had been drinking "What?" he demanded "They end the series just like that?" It seemed that he was very angry about this "how could they? They know nothing?"

It appeared that in their endeavors Hakuno and Gilgamesh had ruined a TV series on HBO without realising it, the directors had no explanation for what just happened only that they had not shot it like that during the filming of that episode. If Gil had known this he would have laughed.

Repairsawrus
Element: Fire
Stars: 6
Type: Warrior/Effect
Effect: One round after this card is sent to the graveyard at the start of your turn it returns to the field of play and gains 200 ATK and DEF points for each monster in your graveyard, this effect cannot be negated by an effect of another monster. When this monster is on the field instead of attacking search your graveyard for card of your choosing and either play it on the field or return it to your hand. This monster can be treated as a Machine type monster for the duration of your turn if you discard one card from your hand.
ATK: 2300
DEF: 1900

Last edited:
Chapter 25
Archer of the red stared at the golden armoured Heroic Spirit with fiery gold hair "Filth" she repeated what the Heroic Spirit had just said to her "what does a man now about that?" the Chaste Huntress asked, clearly vexed at the tone and choice of words used to describe her. "Arrogance and self confidence bleed out of you like a sick black miasma" Atalanta stated making no form attempt to disguise the disgust in her tone, this man was not just as bad as Jason he was over a hundred times worse, if not a thousand, that alone was a remarkable feat.

"That it does" the other Heroic Spirit stated to her last comment "though the miasma is gold not black" he corrected her, the nerve of this Heroic Spirit was starting to get under Archer of the Red's skin, that was no easy feat either. "As to filth, those who fall at the feats of gods and the like are the filth said being stand on, they're unsightly, weak and revolting." he explained, the Servants golden slitted eyes flashing with anger and hatred at the mention of gods. "You yourself are but one of those disgusting creatures that is not even worthy of being the species known as humans" this made Atalanta bristle with rage, while she was raised by a bear there were some traits of hers only a human could have. This man had disregarded her as if she were an animal to be hunted or ignored. "You are nothing but a little girl who refused to grow up, a child that could never accept the cruelty of the world, it rather sickening that you were able to become a Heroic Spirit despite this, you are an insult to the very word Hero" he stated "just like your goddess's your fellow hunters" the Servant sneered.

This made Archer of the Red freeze up for a moment, "how did he?" she asked herself internally, there was no way he was a Ruler Class, but then again there was not much else she could make out about the Heroic Spirit in front of her. Saber perhaps, or possibly rider. Maybe he was an Archer like her, though this Servant had yet to show his bow. "You will pay for that insult" Atalanta snarled in a very feral way way, her hands on Tauropolos: Bow of Heaven. An Arrow already notched, but she does not draw and fire, not yet. As there is two of them and the one dressed in the green cloak is nowhere is sight. Also the gold one is still standing there with an amused smirk on his face, does he know something that she did not, like the location of the other Servant who had disappeared after their brief encounter just before. Knowing better than to turn her back to an enemy she did not fully grasp the abilities of Atalanta took a step back, and then had to immediately leap up to avoid her foot getting snagged, in what she saw as an obvious trap, that she had almost missed in it's entirety.

The Golden Servant let out a loud and rich laugh, he had the nerve to be amused at that, such a thing grated on the Chaste Huntress's nerves, then again most things this Servant did seemed to do that, and he managed to achieve it with his own added flare and all. "You should watch were to step" he told her. Though she had moved, this Servant had not even twisted his neck to gaze at her, only angling her blood red eyed to where she was. "Also" he added as the ground gave way beneath Archer of the Red "you should make check were you land."

Atalanta let out a snarl of frustration at being made a fool of, while the golden Servant snickered. "Enough!" the Chaste Huntress declared as she leapt up out of the pit and landed in front of it, seeing that the Servant had not yet turned to face where she was, enraged Archer of the Red even further. "You have insulted my legend, mocked my way of life and dishonoured my goddess Artemis in front of me" Atalanta accused him her words were almost a snarled as the Servant drew back the string of the bow ready to fire on her fellow Servant. "For these affronts I will make you pay" she informed he. Before lowering her bow as she still did not wish to earn Kotomine's ire no matter what the provocation "but not today, we'll settle this later" the Chaste Huntress said to him. "While I do not fully know if this Saver exists something must be keeping you here, and one day I will be the one to remove it." Archer of the Red made to move back into the cover of the tree but suddenly found that she was restrained by a chain that tightly bound her, preventing the Chaste Huntress from any form of movement. The Chain was tight and dug deeply into the Servant, it was also looped around her neck and if tightened enough could snap it. Then again Atalanta had E ranked endurance so it would not be that difficult at all for most Heroic Spirits to do unless they were weak.

"You should be careful what you say" the golden Servant stated, his tone no longer amused, it seemed that it was now cold as if one were talking to something they despised, that was so below them that the act of talking to such a thing they would find insulting. The Servant gazed at her, his crimson eyes now merciless, it was easy to imagine them being filled up with the blood of those who were his enemies "You never know who might be listening to you, nor do you ever know who you are talking to." The chains tightened and Atalanta swore that she felt several of her bones cracking at this or at the very least groaning in protest at this treatment, not that the other Servant cared enough to stop, if it was something this seemed to be a form of motivation for him as the pressure began to build up even further, though it did so slowly just to be cruel or to punish Archer of the Red, the Chaste Huntress believed that it might have been both. It was then that the other Servant the one in the green cloak appeared from the forest line and walked up to the golden Servant before whispering in his ear, something that a Servant like Atalanta could not make out, even with the benefits of being a Servant. "Fine" the golden Servant stated as Archer of the red collapsed but was still held aloft as the chains restraining her were loosened "she'll live for now, but in return for sparing her she will give us information." There was no doubt now in the Chaste Huntress's mind that this Heroic Spirit this man before her had been a king of some sorts, from the way he spoke it all made sense. But She had never heard of any golden kings in her life, perhaps he was from the feudal ages of Europe given the type of armour he wore it. Archer of the Red couldn't be further from the truth as to his origins, but this Servant would only mock her for such a thing. "You will tell us the identity of one of your fellows along with their strengths and faults/" After those words were spoken Archer's head was raised by the chains binding her "don't think about being smart about this filth" the golden Servant told her "your life, your very existence is still very much mine to do with as I see fit at this moment in time."

"Chemistry Chazz?" Jaden asked a little confused about his friends mumbling "sorry I don't think we had a class like that here" he stated not getting that the his fellow Slifer was not talking about a subject of study in class, that Jaden never bothered to attend but was talking about what he was seeing between Ruler and Syrus. "Still then again I am unsure at times which class I am in even" the Slifer red admitted with a shrug "so I can't help you there, sorry about that Chazz, perhaps Bastion would be a better person to help you out" he suggested.

"Slacker" Chazz said with a sigh only know just taking notice of Jaden and what he had said "I was not talking about the Class you miss and sleep through when you do attend it" the black jacketed Slifer red informed him "I was talking about this Ruler and Syrus" he stated.

Jaden scratched the back of his head in an awkward fashion, mainly because he did not get it "Uh, sorry" he replied "I am just not seeing what you're talking about, the two of them are just talking to each other and she is praising him on the duel, and all" the Slifer observed.

"Dweeb" Chazz snapped rather irritated at Jaden's denseness "seriously what the hell, can't you see it or are you so much of a slacker that you cannot tell when a girl genuinely likes a guy?" Chazz paused after saying this and then sighed as he already knew the answer to that. "Never mind" the black jacketed Slifer told Jaden with a sigh "you really are a lost cause and all. I should not have expected you to know what I was talking about" instead of being insulted Jaden just gave a rather sheepish chuckle which even this still served to annoy him.

"Soldier" Hassleberry Tyranno spoke "I think you are just seeing things there" the dino soldier informed Chazz "I mean this is Joan of Arc the Maid of Orleans, or as she referred to herself as 'Jeanne de Arc'. She was labled many things on among them was the title 'Holy Virgin', she's about as chaste as they come." he explained looking at Syrus and Ruler "now I can bet my bottom dollar and my life savings and win if I were to bet it on the fact that she is like that with most people, I don't even think she has a clue as to this 'chemistry' stuff is.

"That's great and all Sarge" Jaden thanked the dino soldier "but can you explain to me what the words Virgin and Chaste mean?" the Slifer red asked causing everyone in earshot to flip over and fall on their head at this, everyone bar Hakuno who only raised an eyebrow at it.

There was a brief pause as everyone computed the fact that Jaden as a second year student turning sixteen this year did not know the meaning of the words 'virgin' and 'chaste'. They could also bet that Syrus would be too embarrassed to learn what former meant as well. It was during this pause that the former NPC took the opportunity to speak, if only to prevent all of it from escalating "Jaden sempai" he addressed Jaden "I am not sure that this is the type of subject any of us should discuss in the academy" he stated. This earned him several nods of agreement from the others. This was not a subject to have in school, this was not even a subject you should have in the dorms or even on this island. "I mean it is an important subject so I think that we best leave it for when someone with a little more experience tells us."

Jaden may have been too dense to realise when a girl -who he spent a lot of time with during the weak- liked him. But even he was smart enough to know when he should drop some subjects, at other times his curiosity would get the better of him, though that would be more accurate to say most of the time instead. It was good fortune or fate given his denseness in terms to the romantic that Jaden decided to say "well if you say so" and let the subject drop turning his attention to Jeanne and Syrus who were walking towards the rest of the group.

"Uh, guys" the short Slifer began "sorry I lost" he apologised feeling a little down still, then again he was Syrus and always had some form of confidence issue so this was nothing new, though he must have felt even worse given he had lost to a beginner on their first duel.

"No duh" Chazz replied "we were watching you fail after all." the black jacket wearing Slifer would have said more but he was cut short from a glare from Alexis. Then Chazz understood just a little bit of why Syrus helped the Servant when she asked when he saw the sad and disappointed look of Rulers face after he had said that, in a way it felt even worse than the glare he had just received from Alexis felt. Regardless Chazz was quick make amend and say "well you did almost win, there at the end you had her on the ropes." Alexis didn't stop her glare but looked away from him relieving Chazz of from her gaze, Jeanne de Arc still was looking at the Slifer expecting more. "That and it was a good game" Chazz added getting a nod of approval from Ruler who's gaze softened a bit at this as she looked at Syrus.

It was a good stroke of fortune that the made of Orleans was uneducated and had no idea what Chazz meant by grumbling about chemistry and chose to ignore him as the Servant sensed no ill intent about those words, she might have had a very different reaction if she knew what Chazz was talking about. Giving Syrus a kind pat on the head she looked at the boy "well" the Maid of Orleans spoke "that I must say was rather different to anything I experienced" she stated still petting Syrus on the head and wondering if the blue colour was natural or not as well as the spikiness. Syrus was feeling rather awkward about his hair being ruffled, butt didn't ask the Heroic Spirit to stop for a few reasons. "I think I can see now why it is so popular but I am not sure why you have an entire school dedicated to teaching about it."

Bastion Misawa saw that Jeanne de Arc had forgotten some of the thing Pegasus had said to her, while he could have reminded her himself the Ra yellow believed that Syrus may be better to tell her, though it would be better for Syrus's psyche more so than it being better for the Ruler class Servant. "Syrus" Bastion spoke to the short blue haired Slifer "I believe miss Jeanne de Arc has forgotten about the origins of Duel Monsters" he said gently "would you like tell her of where the modern system that we use today came from in the first place."

Ruler looked at Syrus seeing that the boy was a little conflicted about whether he should or not. "There is no need to worry" Jeanne said with a winning smile that most men would envy Syrus for receiving "if you do not feel brave enough I will not force you to tell me of it."

This made Syrus now feel bad that he was having trouble in the making of his decision. "Well you see" he started "the origins of modern Duel Monster system that was founded by Pegasus was based on the Shadow Games that the Egyptian priests used to use back in ancient Egypt." he informed her "those Shadow Games unlike this were actually life or death situations with the loser being banished to the Shadow Realm if the victor deems is." Seeing that she was waiting for him to explain to her as to the nature of the Shadow Realm he had just spoken of and the fact that the Maid of Orleans may have been rather disturbed by the fact that the originals were life or death duels Syrus continued "the Shadow Realm is a place alleged to be one of eternal suffering, though sometimes if you are lucky you are sent there by the winner instead of simply dying." Seeing that Jeanne de Arc had not yet grasped what he was talking about Syrus spoke up once more "If the loser is sent to the Shadow Realm there is a possibility of them returning from it should someone attempt to retrieve your soul."

Jeanne de Arc's facial features grew thoughtful as she took in what was being said "So" she began "being sent to this Shadow real is kinder as it allows the one sent there the chance at being rescued and revived rather than simply dying?" she asked receiving a nod from all of the students present. "I am to assume that there are way people have been rescued from this?" again another nod. It was then that she surprised them by saying and I take it that at least a few of you have been forced to participate in something like this by despicable people?"

All of them were caught off guard by this, not knowing how she had reached that conclusion, though there was no need to say that she was not right, Bastion, Jaden, Chazz, Alexis and Atticus had all been in it, due to certain circumstances that they didn't want to recall at this moment in time. It was Jaden who answered her "yes" he admitted "last year there were a group of Shadow Duellist who we were forced to face, each time one of us lost we were sent to the Shadow Realm, it wasn't easy but we were able to defeat them and their leader.

It appeared that Ruler was outraged that they were forced to face such a threat at such a young age "who allowed this?" the enraged Maid of Orleans demanded of them "who would send Children to their possible deaths or worse and do it with a clean conscience?" she asked.

"The one who is responsible for last year's fiasco was non other that Chancellor Shepard and he is currently away at the moment" Seto Kaiba answered her as he walked up from where he and Pegasus sat "I was rather infuriated at him when I learned of it as well" he stated.

"This Shepard, where is he?" the Maid of Orleans asked, though it was more akin to a demand, clearly this was not something that she was going to take lying down. Then again Jeanne de Arc was by nature a compassionate soul so this reaction might be all to natural for her.

"He is a very fortunate man that he has picked this time to be away doing what we might call soul searching" Kaiba informed Ruler. It was rather clear that he thought little as to Shepard's reasons and was rather focused on how he would chew the man out when he returned.

"I see" the Maid of Orleans replied looking at Kaiba "I see that you too are wroth with him or at the very least displeased" Jeanne de Arc stated noting that while Kaiba was composed his temperament suited a man who rather enraged at the said subject that he just spoke of.

"When Shepard returns let us say that the end of his career and the ending of his contract will be the very least of his worries" Seto answered. The head of Kaiba corp had something in mind, something that was both menial as well as humiliating and would keep Shepard out of Duel Monster, something that would be a fitting punishment for the actions the Chancellor had taken of the last year and for his lack of presence here this year. It was something akin to having Shepard work in the sanitation of toilets for a few years, then as a Janitor later.

"Is it me or is a dark black miasma emitting from Kaiba?" Syrus asked shivering and latching onto the closest object to him, unfortunately for the short blue haired Slifer that was Jack. Who in turn did not take being touched by anyone other than her brother too well at all.

"Keep off of us" Jack hissed pointing one of her two knives at Syrus after shrugging him off with relative ease sending the Slifer onto the floor. "You are not to touch us, only Brother can" Jack stated anger and outrage in the Heroic Spirit's eyes along with murder to boot.

In an instant Ruler was between the two of them her sword pointing at Assassin in a dangerous manner "you will not harm him Assassin" Ruler stated a warning tone in her voice while her eyes hardened as she looked at the Servant, the two of them ready to burst into action.

The tension was broken when Hakuno cleared his throat and said "Jack please don't misbehave" the former NPC asked her. "Syrus sempai was just a little sacred he did not mean to touch you" the victor of Moon Cell informed the Heroic Spirit, patting Jack on the head in a kind and brotherly manner that seemed to calm Jack down. She also seemed to enjoy the attention Hakuno showed her and the affection that she was just given. "There now be a good Imotou and don't get into fights were you will get hurt" Hakuno instructed as she sat down.

"Whoa" Jaden commented "that is one way to prevent a climatic battle that I was sure was about to take place and destroy the academy for sure." the Slifer red then chuckled to himself as he was also trying to relieve the attention from the room, but it seemed it didn't work.

"Are you aware of who you are so affectionately calling your little sister?" Ruler asked the former NPC as she sheathed her sword with her hand on still on the hilt in case it was needed "are you aware of how she came to be a Heroic Spirit?" Jeanne de Arc challenged him.

Hakuno gave a small tired sigh at this "If all the world hates you and deems you wicked then I and I alone will be the sole one who would find in your presence a life the is worth while" he answered "and if all the world demands that you must be destroyed and calls out for your demise then I will face all the world and bear all their hatred for you" he repeated what he had told Jack when he had first met her. Such actions were done for me by those who would be least expected to do them" Hakuno stated thinking back the Archer and Gilgamesh.

"I never took you for the romantic type" Alexis said a little bit shocked and touched by what the former NPC had just said to Jeanne "I guess you really can't judge a book by it's colour" she stated "Though one should never judge you by your cover Hakuno, it'd be a mistake."

"Well I for one am glad that this didn't escalate" Pegasus stated as he walked up to all of them "Isn't that right Kaiba boy?" he asked though Kaiba did not answer but instead grunted in an irritated fashion at the way Pegasus had referred to him so casually among other things.

"You promised us" Jack suddenly said as she turned to look up at Hakuno who was still standing "you promised to teach us how to play after you beat that girl back there" she informed him. "Can you please teach us brother?" she asked with an adorable and pleading face.

Hakuno gave Jack a tired smile and petted the Servant once more "Pegasus sama? Kaiba sama?" he asked the two of them, neither was used to his sincere politeness and respect "would it be alright if I showed Jack a bit on Duel Monsters and how to play it?" he asked them.

Pegasus gave him a benign smile "why of course Kishinami boy, another child interested in the card game I designed is something I can't deny" he stated, most of the was genuine, but Hakuno and Ruler and some of the others knew that he could very easily have denied it.

Hakuno bowed his head in thanks "Thank you Pegasus samsa, Kaiba sama" he said. Straightening up he looked down at Jack you craned her neck to look into his eyes "well did you hear that Jack, Pegasus sama said that we could" he said in an affectionate manner to the girl.

"Well let's leave and give them space then" Kaiba said being reasonable for a change which was rather out of character for him. That of the fact that everyone expected him to be otherwise made it seem like he was out of character, something that Seto did not care about. "What were you expecting that I would say for all of you to crowd the two of them?" he asked. No one dared answer, though Pegasus kept silent because he was amused by all of this, Ruler had no idea what was going on and the question was not directed at Hakuno or Jack.

Kaiba sighed at this, a little irritated at how people thought of him and how he was portrayed, this was not Yugi's doing as his rival had never gone out of his way to speak ill of him when Yugi wasn't calling him out for something he had done which was a little foolish. "Just get moving, and give them some space, your allowed to stay to make use of the Dueling room, as if in case you forgot the academy is still in lock down due to certain individuals and events that are currently taking place here" he informed them getting a few nods from them. It was after they had moved around the room that Ruler walked up to him, it was obvious that she desired to know what he had just spoken about. Glancing at Pegasus he received a nod, though if she asked, due to her Charisma Parameter Kaiba suspected that he would have been coerced into telling her in any case "I'll tell you but perhaps in a place more comfortable, it is not really a short story if you want all of it" he stated. Seeing Jeanne de Arc nod Kaiba began to walk away "come with me" he instructed as the doors opened and he left.

Zigfried von Schroeder sighed as he finished his work. His brother Leon had been given a rather important task by Pegasus from what he had found out and it seemed that it was rather complex as he had soon discovered. Leon had been tight lipped about it which meant that it was very important. Given that Zigfried's skills in hacking were as close to second to none as one could get it was child's play to discover what his brother had been doing. Now came the hard part piecing it together. Why would Pegasus want deliveries of what was dirt and stone from Syria and nations close to it delayed. This in itself brought up a more important question as to why there were such shipments going to Duel Academy in the first place. Pegasus must have requested that Leon halt all of them but it seemed that his younger brother had only been able to delay them given the backing that these shipments had it was a rather good effort on Leon's part. However Zigfried did not like the haunted look that was in his brother's eye when he was dealing with this or his brother's refusal to answer his questions.

So late into this night after his last appointment had been and after he had been able to clear up enough space so he could not be interrupted over Zigfried had sat at his laptop and done some digging as to see what he could do. Perhaps if her were to redirect the course of of one of the shipments Leon might rest easier. This part had not been easy but finally after three full hours Zigfried had managed to change one of the ships routes, and had changed the address of the shipment of earth and stone. "I don't know what is going on Leon but I hope this helps" Zigfried said to himself before closing his laptop retiring for the night.

Atalanta snarled as she made her way back, to be made such a fool out of by a man who made the thrice damned Jason look humble was almost a little too much to bear. It took all of Archer of the Red's self control not to go storming back there. Though part of this was done because she recalled the other Servant who had been with the golden one, the one in green. The Chaste Huntress also remembered how easily she had fallen into his traps when he triggered them, something that also irked her pride as a hunter to no ends. Still the orders that were given by Kotomine were absolute so she needed to refrain from doing anything rash that could effect his chances of finding this Saver. Archer of the Red despite her situation had found at least something she could work on, or the Red faction could work on as a whole, that was if she were to choose to reveal this tiny bit info to them regarding the golden Servant and Atalanta had her doubts that with the likes of of the Famous Play Write and Heroisms Immortal Man, that it would not go well. Given Caster of the Reds habits of pursuing his stories, or to be more precise his habit of manipulating others to create what he deems to be a good story. Like the one time he stated that he would write a story of tragic unrequited love between Achilles and her, she was still unsure who would be playing which roles in it.

That and Archer of the Red did not fully trust her Master just like Rider of the Red in this case, at least that flirt knew when someone was hiding something from him, though at times Achilles didn't seem to really care about it. Assassin despite her refusals was smitten with Kotomine and would not make much of an ally as while she may to deign to inform her master of this and use it for her own ends, Semiramis was one of the last women on earth you could trust, her class even showed you this. There was no need to bother explaining why she shouldn't tell the flamboyant Caster of the Red and Berserker of the Red was not yet present, even if the former Gladiator were he would not make much of an ally given the fact that despite his ability to speak and reason, he could not be reasoned with once he had made a decision. So that left the Chaste Huntress with Saber. Saber, Mordred, the Knight of Treachery, not a Heroic Spirit you would want to trust, given her legend but that was something that Archer of the Red could use to her advantage as not many would expect her to form any type of alliance with Saber. Though both Caster and Assassin would be able to figure it out easily if either of them slipped up in this as Saber had made her disdain of their Shirou known rather clearly, which may make this more difficult than it could have been for them both.

Archer of the Red knew that she would need to report to Kotomine and inform him of the information she had been forced to divulge by the Servant, though Atalanta decided to be evasive with the entire details of the encounter, having her legend made light of and having her patron goddess Artemis mocked while being powerless to silence the offender irked her a little too much to reveal to anyone just yet. At least in that sense her Master was wise not one to force information out of a person when he could wait for them to tell him themselves.

Taking a deep breath of air,-not that she needed it- Atalanta spied the Servant of the Sword in the distance on sentry duty, alone as well, which was a good thing, but the Chaste Huntress had to first make sure there was no one else listening in, to she was about to say to Saber.

After first checking the surrounding area and finding it to be clear even by her standards Archer finally walked up to Saber of the Red "Saber" she greeted her fellow Servant "There is are few things that I believe that we should discuss between the just the two of us" she said.

What the Chaste Huntress did not know was that there was someone watching this, one who she had no way of finding due to him Parameters being far too high even for a Servant and he watched this exchange between her and Saber of the Red with distinct interest in it all.

"So Jack as I told you just before the modern Duel Monster System is based on the shadow games that was played by the priests in ancient Egypt" Hakuno explained to Jack as she sat silently nodding for him to continue the explanation. "Now unlike us over here they played with real monsters so the stakes were rather high." Hakuno paused as he thought of the best example he could give the Servant of Murder so that she could understand it more easily. "Think of what they did as a more toned down Grail War were the Master summons monsters instead of Heroic Spirits and the fact that they can have more than just one." It seemed that Jack was able to grasp this fact as she nodded, she was rather honest that way asking questions when she didn't know or fully grasp what was being said to her, it was helpful at least.

"Well isn't that strange" Syrus commented "It almost seems as if they are really brother and sister" the short blue haired Slifer red stated "If you can get over the fact that Hakuno has no special features at all and that Jack could easily stick out in a crowd of anime characters."

"While I do not mean to sound impolite you are also forgetting the part where she is a Heroic Spirit" Jeanne de Arc stated "that means that she has left her mark on history enough to be immortalised there" she informed the gang. "There is a reason why I am cautious of her."

"Other than the fact that she is a Heroic Spirit, the facct that she is in close proximity to Hakuno or the fact that she seemed quite willing to react violently when Syrus here jumped at the vibe Kaiba was giving off a little earlier?" Chazz asked a little irritated about this affair.

The Maid of Orleans turned to regard Chazz with a concern written into her features "Yes" Jeanne de Arc replied "All three of them are valid, that and as Ruler I am able to discern her true name, as such I know of her legend" Ruler informed them as to why she was cautious.

"So, then" Bastion began "is Jack really her name-" what the Ra yellow was saying was cut off as Jeanne de Arc answered him with a nod. "I see" Bastion noted his mind working fast "How many legends are there with a girl named Jack in them?" he mused. "I wonder." Bastion then looked at Jack "here hair is white so she could be Jack Frost, but somehow I doubt that given the vague English accent that she has" It was then that the Ra yellow paused as his face turned pale "Are you telling us that this girl is Spring Heeled Jack?" he asked.

Ruler looked at him before she received info from her connection to the throne of Heroes on who Bastion had just talked about "No" the Maid of Orleans answered with a shake of her head "Though they both qualify for the same class she is a different Jack from that one."

While the other' had no idea what Bastion was talking about, they didn't understand why he turned even paler than before "Your telling me that she is an even more of a legend as a serial killer?" he asked catching their attention "Your telling me that she is Jack the Ripper?"

Jeanne nodded and held her hand up for silence "I have already informed the ones you call Pegasus and Kaiba so they are already alerted to this fact, your friend also has probably figured it out some time ago, despite his bland appearance hie is very sharp and keen of mind." Looking back to where Jack and Hakuno were sitting the Maid of Orleans continued "Truth be told even she isn't full sure that she is Jack the Ripper" Jeanne informed them. "Your short friend here who likes to write children stories has a better description of her than I do."

Seeing that the others were a bit confused Aster decided to speak up "she's referring to the Duel Spirit that helped Jaden recover his powers" he stated looking to where the Heroic Spirit floated about jotting things down in a note book as he stared at Jack and Hakuno together.

"It would seem rude to tell just only you three as well as Ruler when the rest of you can't see me" the legendary children's author informed them as he deastralised himself so that they could all see him. Jack note thiss glancing at him for a second before receiving a shake of the head from Hakuno. "Whenever Jack the Ripper is summoned as a Servant due to no one ever knowing who or what the Ripper looked like whenever this Servant is summoned their shape changes to fit the class they are summoned as." Seeing the looks that he was being given Hans Christain Anderson sighed as he spoke once more "as Assassin Jack has taken the form of all of the children of the 80,000 prostitutes who were not allowed to be born or who were abandoned due to them cutting down profit margins" he explained to all of them.

The effect was as he predicted it to be. Syrus ran away crying and most likely to hurl as did Chazz the two's stomach's not being able to handle what they had just heard. Alexis just sat unmoving there her eyes wide and open as if her mind was experiencing some form of terminal error. Bastion had gone pale as he stared at Caster in horror, Jaden had fallen over and dazed himself, no doubt he would have been denying it over and over if he had not struck his head on the floor. Aster and Hassleberry had the most controlled reactions their hands balled into fists as their muscles tensed in anger of what they had just heard. Ruler remained neutral but the Children's Author could see that she was indeed moved by this and most likely lamented that there were people like that who would cast out their own flesh and blood.

Kaiba who had been listening in on this from a few feet away eyes narrowed in anger and empathy, but that was the only reaction he gave. As Caster was the only one looking at the head of Kaiba corp only he realised that hr had been paying attention to what they had said.

"Great" Seto Kaiba muttered as he got his phone out and instructed the Academy staff to bring Chazz and Syrus back here after they had relieved their stomachs of their contents. "Was there any need to tell them that as it would shock them all to the core in such a way?"

Caster regarded him for a few moments before he replied "If you must ask then, it was not fully needed but Ruler here would have wanted the whole explanation in any case" Caster stated "It is ill chance that she had them ask me to do so, and that I complied with them."

"Just make sure that neither of you two pull anything like this off in the near and the distant" Kabai muttered as he walked off and took a seat at another part of the room. Clearly he was a little bit upset with what he had just heard but he was also not pleased with it's results.

Hakuno had also noticed this and shook his head in disapproval, while some of it was enlightening as to why Jack was a little girl he knew that some of the things that Caster had just said should have not been told to people like Jaden and the others, while they by no means normal per say, given their quirks and behaviour the lot of them were not something you would find in normal life. They were at least innocent though that too was in a relative use of the word, given their time in the Shadows games the previous year among other things.

The author sensing that he may have gone a little too far took on his astral for vanishing from sight. "What a bully, going off telling those kids something like that" a new voice stated. Hakuno turned and saw Alice or what is Nursery Rhyme there floating around him and Jack. "Ooh look" Nursery Rhyme said "here's my card" Alice stated pointing to her monster card to Jack who nodded and looked at it intently, it was rather strange as it seemed that Jack was taking to Alice rather well. Well given the girl who Caster was imitating back story it was not hard to imagine why the two of them got along well. Though the Former NPC did note that the while the two of them did get along they were very different. Though that may if not was have in fact been due to the nature of their legends being vastly different.

"Where's ours?" she asked confusing both Caster and Hakuno who looked at her confused. Seeing this Jack spoke to them again "Where is it, where is our card brother?" she said. "Why does every other servant have a card for you to use but we do not?" Jack asked again.

Hakuno let loose a sigh as he now knew this was going to take some time. Pegasus on the other hand seemed to be quite amused by all of this, hopefully he would be able to help, but Hakuno didn't wish to impose on the man who had done so much for all of them already.

"Don't worry Kishinami boy" the creator of the modern Duel Monster System called out to the former NPC "I can tell you that it would be no trouble at all" he affirmed the unasked question, that Hakuno was refraining from asking, now it would be a really long day for sure.

Omake
"So there I was minding my own business when I see this blue haired weirdo in blue skintights cashing after this kid with a red spear with the intent to kill him or something" Joey Wheeler explained to Kaiba as the two sat down in the Thrones of Heroes while Kaiba contemplated which deity that he had offended would do this to him that was if he had offended any to begin with. "In any case I saw that he was about to stab the poor kid with that red spear of his so I called him out" Joey continued with his explanation of what he was last doing before he got here. "The ass hat just turned around and made a bee line for me."

"Let me guess that is where you died and wound up here?" Kaiba asked wanting to get this over annd done with.

"There was no call for that" Joey stated looking rather offended at what Kaiba had just said "for your information he didn't, the idiot tripped over mid air and cannonballed through the wall crashing somewhere on the school grounds." Joey explained. "After I had helped the kid get home I was cconfronted by this guy again, I swear he was pusuing me like some sort of blood hound, the look in his told me that he was pure evil" Joe said "that or he just wanted to kill me that badly for making him look bad or something like that."

"So he took a stance and trusted his spear at you even though he was like fifteen meters" Kaiba informed Joey getting a surprised reaction from the man.

"Yeah that was it how did you, never mind, the thin is that thin extended and shot out towards me" Kaiba was now interested wondering if this is the part where Joey died "I thought I was a goner for sure, but just as the red spear beam was about to touch me it changed it course sharply bending a full ninety degrees in the air to go up towards the sky." Joey then saw that Kaiba had stood up and was angrily leaving "huh whets wrong?" he asked confused as to Why Kaiba was storming off.

"The only thing more ridiculous than Yugi's hair is your luck" Kaiba stated before he stormed off leaving a confused Joey.

"Whoa" what an asshole a new voice said and Joey saw the Hound of Ulster "This Kaiba guy really is uptight" Cú Chulainn stated.

"Hey Sétanta, what up?" Joey greeted his fellow Heroic Spirit. Suddenly there was an explosion in the distance and Kaiba was vaporised by a strike of lightning "what the? Kaiba died!" Joey shouted.

"Those Bastards aren't human" Lancer added. "Why the hell is this so damn familiar?" Lancer asked himself. "Wait you can't die in the Throne of Heroes" the Hound of Ulster stated. "Or is his luck that low that he will be forced to die and come back even here?"

Last edited:
You need more spacing, because the lot of this is just in your face wall of text.

I've read it on FF, but really do something about the spacing, you'll get better responses.

Not trying to be rude, I enjoy this fic, but better to tell you now, before someone gets really rude about it.

Hope, you get the responses you want.

You need more spacing, because the lot of this is just in your face wall of text.

I've read it on FF, but really do something about the spacing, you'll get better responses.

Not trying to be rude, I enjoy this fic, but better to tell you now, before someone gets really rude about it.

Hope, you get the responses you want.
thanks problem fixed is there anything else as I am stuck for the next chapter

If your stuck with the current scene, why not write how Ruler and Kiri.Shirou know about Saver, that doesn't come from nowhere.

Or how Alexis, the students, and the Teachers feel about the events, they probably have things to say about all this, with them being in the dark.

There is always the option of foreshadowing, events or people who sense the coming battles.

Chazz the two's stomach's

You might want to put "their" instead of "the two's" it would flow better.

But I wonder what would happen, if Hakuno was turned into a girl, for an Omake, Caster would flip.
No one, would get near her "Husband".

I think that its your show and you should have fun with it. If one perspective won't do try another..

Back