You're a Human...

Created
Status
Dropped
Watchers
Recent readers

Hello everyone! I am new to SV so learning how to use the tools at my disposal might take a few posts, so please bear with me. But enough of that, you're here for a Quest! In this Quest, you will be in control of a Human in a sci-fi/fantasy universe of my own diesign.

I originally started on r/HFY so the first chapter will be longer than my next posts, don't expect this length for most of the chapters!

Joke answers are kind of allowed, but it falls to me whether it will happen. A good example of this is the post I had the main character become a space monk. That's fine, it followed some strange logic. But someone tried to have the character named asshole, that does not fly.

Average updates will be around three to five days if I have the energy, not sure how long I will be able to keep that pace but I will try.

Actions that reliy on forces outside the voters control or have an amount of randomness in their chances will me decide with a d20 by me.

I will update this with more as they become relevant.

I hope you all enjoy it! Oh, and be careful, the universe doesn't care about some random nobody...
Last edited:
Chapter 1
//Error: Incificant fuel for continued safe usage.
//Ejecting Occupant: … [Error 'Name' Value Lost]
//Warning! Proper safety protocols were not observed. Occupant [Error 'Name' Value Lost] may experience side effects due to [12,820]-year-long hibernation. Side effects may include; Memory Loss, Problems Knowing the 'Self', Explosive Cell Death, Cramps, and Difficulty with Motor Functions among others laid out in the 'Terms of Usage.'

These are the first few things I hear as I wake up. As I crack my eyes open I become aware of a few things. Firstly It's cold, a bite right to your bonnes cold. Next, I realize I'm in a capsule of some kind. As soon as I become aware of this, the panel in front of me begins to open upwards on a hinge somewhere above me. Blinking I slowly step out of the pod into the much warmer air and am greeted with a room that appears to be some sort of… Closet? There is a bunch of random clutter, boxes here, cans there. Shelves are placed seemingly at random and a few pieces of what could be called litter lay on the floor. Looking up I see a small strip of light illuminating the room, before looking away due to the brightness.

Why am I here? Where is here? As I try to search my memory I find it… Lacking. I, to my horror, can't seem to immediately recall my name. Quickly sitting down as I felt my knees feel too weak to hold me, I desperately search my memories for my name. Abbot Thelonious. I stumble onto a memory of someone calling me that name and myself responding, that must be my name, right? Thinking on it a bit more the name seems to slot into the places where there was an empty space a moment ago. I felt the tightness around my heart lessen and my breath come in a steady stream rather than the gasps I didn't realize I was taking. I am startled as the pod behind me talks again.

//Occupant [Error 'Name' Value Lost] Personal Storage Locker Opening.
//Entering Shutdown. Thank You For Choosing the C-Series Deep Freeze. Goodbye.

I watch a compartment on the back opens up to the right, pushing a shelf to the side with the horrible metal on concrete sound. Then the pod's lights disappear, and along with it, a quiet humming I didn't realize was there until it was gone.

Standing up I brush off my pants and move to the locker. Reaching in I retrieve a few items.

The room offers no explanations as to where I am so I turn to the tome I found in the locker, books held information, right? It has no title I can find, the only identifying marker being a symbol on what I am guessing to be the cover. It is a classic diamond shape with partial circles encircling the three points of it, through the middle there is an inverted Y that runs to the edges of the diamond without touching the circles.

Now examining it properly I can tell that the off-white covers are actually made from metal which is odd. Craking it open I find the 'pages' are actually an opaque plastic-like material that is completely blank. Flipping through all the pages I see they are all blank. I'm about to close the book when I feel a prick of pain on the palm of my hand I nearly drop it from surprise, from the light shining from the tome. Light similar to that of a tablet or laptop

Flipping to the front of the book I see a symbol from the cover form before fading and displaying 'Hello Abbot Thelonious. Congratulation on your promotion! Due to the death of Nintial Yokcol, you are now the leader of The Obnubilate Order. There are currently [0] active members!' I exit the pop-up notification and am greeted with a table of contents of sorts. I try to recall anything about any Order or groups I could be part of but can't come up with anything.

Looking at the table I see a chapter, for lack of a better word, that says 'Where am I' and eagerly click on it... Nothing happens and I introduce my palm to my forehead with a smack, it's like a book. Looking beside the chapter I see the number '18' and flip to that page. I am greeted with a map of the Milky Way, in the corner I see a small little menu button that I click, and it clicks like a touchscreen this time damn thing. It gives me a few options and I quickly click the 'Find Me' option.

The book begins to vibrate very lightly. The menu closes and I am met with the Milky Way again. The image begins to rapidly zoom in on one of the arms before I am met with a yellow star solar system that has five planets three being gas giants by their size. One of the giants is highlighted, surprising me since I expected one of the rocky planets, before zooming in and showing it in the center surrounded by a multitude of other spheres, moons probably. I'm not given the chance to count how many there are before one on the bottom left is highlighted and subsequently zoomed to. 'Location Found!' flashes at the top of the page and the vibrations stop. Clicking on the menu again I find the 'Information' option and click it and am given short a list of information.

Name - Abb-Althant Lesser-14 of the Yoktli-82 system
Status - Abandoned
  • Reason? Hostile fauna infestation.
Atmospheric Composition - Nitrogen ~77% Oxygen ~22% ~1% Misc.
Day/Night Period - Day: ~24hrs - Night: ~12hrs - Total: ~36hrs
Gravity - .90

Okay, so, nearly earth, gravity wise, but with a much longer day length. And the planet being abandoned means that I will have to find my own way off this rock. Taking inventory seems like a good idea at this point then, good to know what I have. Pushing the junk on the ground to the side and giving myself a clear spot I take a seat, open the bag and begin to lay out everything I have.

The pack seems to have a good make but not any real feature other than storing items, though it seems bigger on the inside? I could be imagining it, something to test later.

The first real item is a set of rations, lifting up one I see its more of a bar than anything, the side reads 'Provides 2,100 Calories. Only for emergency use!' looking I see that I have 25 of them. Meaning I had a little under a month's worth of food, not too bad.

Looking at the next thing, I am a bit confused at the rope. It's a lighter shade of grey and seems to be wound pretty tight. The braid it's in seems unnecessarily complex if I was being honest though. I also don't have a way of measuring it but there seems to be a good amount of it.

Putting the rope to my right I pick up the next thing it seems to be a slightly large bracelet. Rolling up my grey sleeves I slide it up to about halfway on my forearm, something that is done with muscle memory more than anything, and examine it a bit closer. Noticing and subsequently pressing a near-invisible button on it I feel the device tighten on my arm, flexing to see how it feels I am nearly given a heart attack when a blueish-purple oval, being taller than wide, appears. Scrambling to a standing position I move the shield in front of me into a position that feels familiar and see it's large enough to completely hide behind. Flexing my forearm again the shield flickers out. I give it a few more tries and am rewarded each time with it toggling on or off. Shutting it off I sit back down but leave the device on.

The next object is a blue and black box with 'Nonus' Universal Translator Model: TfACCAR8' written in bold letters on the front. Opening it up is a bit harder on account of it seemingly being brand new, which... Gives me a lot of questions. Dismissing it for later I read the instructions and put it on, sticking the strip to the side of my head just behind my ear. I wait for, something that never comes. Is it working? Reaching over I grab what looks like a newspaper from the clutter and try reading it. It's almost completely destroyed but the headline reads 'Daycrawlers Numbers Continue Rising!' I am momentarily sad and disappointed before I notice that the words don't quite match the page, only noticeable because I was looking for something. Squinting my eyes and focusing the words seem to become translucent and under them, I can see text scrawled in what is clearly an alien language, relaxing my focus the translated words once again cover the alien words. I am momentarily elated until I remember I won't be able to talk with anyone anyway because the moon is deserted. Tossing the box to the side but keeping the instructions I move to the next thing.

Looking at I am a bit confused, it seems to be a metal cylinder about a foot long and about 1.5 inches thick. Holding brings a feeling of familiarity. Standing on instinct I let my muscle memory guide me through actions I don't remember. Spinning it I watch as it extends, I'm not sure how long it is but it's nearly my size. I follow through a series of motions that feel like some sort of exercise. Was I trained with a Bō Staff? Pressing buttons the staff retracts to about two-thirds of its extended size, perfect for a walking stick. Pressing the button that shrunk it has it extend again. Feeling around with my fingertips I find another button that I quickly press and am rewarded with the staff fully collapsing.

Sitting back down and setting the staff to my left I move to my next item. It is some sort of large knife. Remove it from its sheath I see the blade has a strange make and the handle seems too complex for a simple blade. Looking closer I can see a dial on the handle, twisting it I am fascinated to watch as the blade shits from that of a knife to that of an ice ax, twisting it again the form shits to that of a hatchet. Looking closer at the grip I can see some text printed onto it 'Ozcbrn HB-Multiv.6.' I twist the dial a few more times cycling past a saw, hammer, and spear-like tool, before returning to the knife configuration. I sheathe the blade and put it next to the staff on my left.

Reaching out I grab the final object. It seems like a kind of bulky canteen. Fiddling with it I am able to open some little compartments revealing a modest amount of medical supplies. Unscrewing the cap I end up pulling out a tube of sorts, looking at it I see it's a filter and I can unscrew a different part of the cap. Doing so opened it so that I could pour water in through the filter. Closing all of it up I'm about to put it away before I notice a small readout on the top of the cap saying 'Filter: New.'

Packing everything up I put the sheath around my waist and clip the canteen to that belt too. Slugging the backpack over my shoulders and buckling the strap across my chest I shift it around and adjust the straps a bit before it feels both secure and comfortable. Scooping up the staff and setting it to the walking stick mode I make my way to the door.

Reaching out to push the door I nearly fall forward when my hand moved through the door. Retracting my hand I slowly put both hands forward and watch as they both go right through the door. A hologram? Why is the door a hologram? Using my walking stick and limbs I feel through the mirage. Every limb, and the stick, impacts an object, well, getting a better feel on it, objects. Some strange collection of horizontal bars evenly placed over the whole door frame. Did someone lock me in here?

Pushing on one of the bars I hear the sound of cheap metal being bent out of shape, pushing harder I heard something snap to my right before the object was reduced to one anchor point and easily pushed to the side. Repeating the action for all the bars I slowly feel my way out of the room, but meet no new obstacles before my head makes it through the hologram.

On the other side, I am met with a storeroom of some kind. The 'bars' I pushed aside were actually thin shelves, all completely empty, lining the wall from top to bottom. Looking back I see that the wall I emerged from is identical to the others. Moving to the door I am relieved as my hand doesn't phase through this one. Taking a deep breath I turn the handle and— The door does not move. Letting the air escape my lungs in a sigh I turn the lock on the handle and try the door again.

This time I emerge into a large open building. A warehouse, I guess? The building is in a state, the concrete on the floor is marred by large cracks and many of the windows have been broken. Looking along the far wall I see a number of bay doors, like those for unloading shipments. One of the bay doors is open and there is starlight streaming in. Something within me lets go of the tension I hadn't noticed was building. Closing the door behind me I sign bolted onto the door 'Notice: Do not store objects in this room. Unknown contaminate recorded. By order of The City Health and Safety Board.'

That was, strange. I settled on strange, just like a lot of things today. Pushing it out of my mind I move across the space, mindful to not trip on the uneven floor, and to the open bay door. I look out upon an empty road, the left way looks to be a T-Intersection and the other way twists off to the right somewhere in the distance.

What should I do?

[x] Go Right
[x] Go Left
[] Write In

But better proportions, because I am bad at drawing.

Back