What if Scion appeared during medieval times?

The whole reason that capes and masks are a thing in Worm is because Western pop culture had shaped parahumans into taking on superhero and supervillain identities. I believe its mentioned in canon that in Russia parahumans are conscripted into the military and in Africa parahumans usually become Warlords.

This led to me wondering what would have happened if Scion and parahuman abilities showed up during a time when magic was believed to be real and the scientific method wasn't even conceived of yet. Would parahumans be hunted down for being "witches"? Would kings have parahuman advisors?

Share your thoughts on how history would develop thanks to the existence of parahumans existing earlier than canon.

Depends on the Parahuman.

There is a great difference between Tattletale and Alexandria.

Well, first two questions:

When in the medieval period exactly? The Middle Ages extended for ten centuries, that's a lot of time, and a lot of different reactions depending on the time period.

Does Eden still die for not keeping her eyes on the road?

Assuming that this is centered (at least at first) in Medieval Europe, that would leave Scion being found in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea, probs near Sicily and Italy in general.

And that could lead to a whole bunch of people being the first to meet Scion, from Normands, to italian merchants, to aragonese sailors to even muslim merchants, amongst many other possibilities.

And as said, that would influence heavily how the world reacts to Scion

(Also, I would suggest moving this to the Weird History section)

Last edited:
Back