Whack Things With Key-Shaped Swords (Story Only thread)

End of the World: Chernabog (Part 2)
[X] keep it up but be prepared for any changes in the combat, as we have seen multiple stages of a fight
-[x] make sure we keep close but not close enough for AOE attacks
-[x] if we have a good shot for mega-flare take it if we can
-[x] see if we can somehow hit his eyes, even if it doesn't work its still a weak-spot on humanoids, even the throat also works.
-[x] Make Doomguy Proud!!!

Welp, time to keep things up! You decide to watch out to see if Chernabog has any more tricks up his nonexistent sleeves. So, you keep close, renewing Aeroga on all four of you.

That's when the stream of ghosts comes flying at you all. First comes two ghostly skeletons and a thing riding on a horse skeleton. Time for a Flare! You send the fireball straight at Chernabog's face to try and blind him, knowing that the explosion will get the nearby ghosts as well.

Good! When the light from the explosion dims, you see that Chernabog is covering his eyes. But just then, you feel a stinging pain in your side. Looking to your right, you see that the rider and one of the ghosts weren't destroyed from your attack. The skeleton looks like it's on its last ecto-whatever legs, but the rider is a bit better off. Looks like it was the rider that hit you.

Flare: 4
Chernabog: 3
Why wasn't it: 6
Those skeletons from: 5
That one monochrome short: 3

The rider goes for Goofy, but he destroys it with his shield.

Will Goofy's streak of good rolls continue?: 1
That ghost got a 1, of course they do!: 4

You go in for in attack on Chernabog, but he flaps his wings to blow you back towards Donald. Regaining your ground, you fly on back and see Sora unleash a successful Ars Arcanum. It's followed up by Goofy bashing Chernabog in the head.

Ars Arcanum: 5
Goofy bash: 6
Chernabog: 2, 3

The demon is now back in the game, trying to swat Goofy off. Crap. Goofy's knocked away by Chernabog's arms, and then a witchlike ghost charges at you, clawing you in the stomach.

Goofy: 3
Chernabog: 5
Not that kind of witch: 4
Haru: 2

You swing Diamond Dust into Chernabog's neck, and it's a successful hit! However, two ghost women riding spectral boars attack, with one hitting you dead on while you parry the other.

Go for the throat: 4
Chernabog: 2
Why are these ghosts on pigs?: 5
Well, there was one in the movie: 4

Parrying the boar rider gets the Keyblade out of Chernabog's neck, and when you try casting Curaga, you get swatted out by the demon. Damn, that hurt!

Haru heal: 2
Chernabog says no: 4

[] Write-in

End of the World: Chernabog (Part 3)
[X] Use Blizzaga, Aqua splash, and work on up to Diamond dust
-[X] Use Absolute zero if you get the chance.

You cast Blizzaga on Chernabog right away, with the ice chunk hitting the demon right in the side of his head.

Blizzaga: 2
Chernabog: 1

A skeleton on a horned animal ghost flies towards you, and it slams into you with its horns.

Ghost: 6

Well, that's definitely gonna leave a mark. Another rider, along with a spooky skull, fly towards you. The rider hits you, and you get out of the skull's way before bashing it with the Keyblade.

Rider: 5
Skull: 1

Your pain then begins to dull, and you turn to see that Donald just healed you.

Donald heal: 3
Denied: 1

More ghosts fly towards you all, and they're answered by a Thundaga from Sora. It makes some disappear, both others retreat from the lightning.

Sora Thundaga: 6
A few ghosts: 1
Seriously, the ghosts are getting better rolls than Chernabog: 5

You spray Chernabog with an Aqua Splash, and he roars.

Aqua Splash: 3

Another Blizzaga destroys a ghost, but Chernabog destroys it with a fireball before it reaches him. You're now in Diamond Dust.

Freeze: 4
Spooky shield: 1
Chernabog: 4

A ghost that looks like Phantom's cloak grabs onto Sora, who still knocks away another cloak before destroying a third.

Cloak 1: 6
Cloak 2: 4
Cloak 3: 1
Sora: 4

A rider with a lance charges at you now. You fly out of the way, then take the opportunity to recast Aeroga. As for every last ghost? They circle around the mountain and become the stream of spirits that they were earlier. Chernabog laughs, and he raises his arms. This makes a column of fire erupt around him. You get out of the way, but Sora? He's scorched. Badly.

This ends the ghost attack: 2
Chernabog used Eruption!: 5
Haru: 5
Sora: 1

Well, the Aeroga shield on Sora lessened the damage a lot, but these burns... you cast Curaga the moment Chernabog stops his attack, which gets rid of most of the burns. But damn, there's still burn marks. Looks like he might have scars.

Haru heals Sora: 5
Chernabog says no: 2

Chernabog reaches out to grab you, only for Goofy to slam into his hand with a shield bash.

Chernabog tries to grab you: 1
No he doesn't: 2

The demon roars, and you go in for Absolute Zero.

Shotlock time!: 3, 4, 6
Chernabog: 5, 1, 5

The first part of the Shotlock isn't successful, as Chernabog flaps his wings to blow you away. You then dive directly towards him, and get in quite a few successful hits. With the Shotlock done, you regroup with the others.

[] Write-in battle strategy

End of the World: Chernabog Defeated
[X] Cripple the wings
-[X] Cast Stop at the wings
--[X] Flash freeze them in place with Blizzaga if they cannot be Stopped
-[X] Target wing joints
--[X] Whack them with your key-shaped compensation stick
-[X] Keep ready to reflega its counterattacks

You glance at Chernabog's wings. He's summoning fireballs, and you prepare to block.

Don't bother with trying to chop them off. You're really fucking small compared to those wings.

"I can still cripple them," you respond with a grin as sharp as an ice shelf. But then, you get hit in the back by multiple fireballs. With a yell of pain, you go tumbling towards the ghosts flying at the mountain.

Chernabog doesn't consider talking a free action: 6
Haru: 1

You try to regain your balance, but you fail. The ghosts get closer, with some clawing at where you were burnt.

You are still falling!: 1

There's a loud clanging noise, and you see that Goofy just slammed into a ghost with his shield, knocking it away. "I got ya!" he tells you, pulling you back up towards Sora.

Party member save!: 6
Denied: 2

"Thanks, Goofy!" you respond, before injuries from the burns and attacks from the ghosts kick in again.

"You're not getting anyone today!" you hear Donald declare at the demon, curing you. Your back is kinda numb, but you can tough it out.

Heal: 4
Nope: 2

You try casting Stopga on Chernabog's wings, but it doesn't work. So you follow up with a Blizzaga, but yet again, no luck. He just throws a fireball at it.

Cold wings: 4
Chernabog laughs at your attempt: 4

Ghost on your left.
"Alright!" you turn, only to see Sora destroy it with Firaga.

Ghost: 2
Sora save: 5

You cast Blizzaga on Chernabog's left wing, and it's successful! There's now a layer of frost on his wing.

Once more, with freezing: 5

"Keep Chernabog distracted!" Sora calls. "I've got a plan, but Donald and Goofy gotta stay safe!" You nod, and fly on over to him. You use another Blizzaga, this time on the right wing. This time, the wing joint is flat out covered in ice.

Blizzaga: 6
Chernabog: 1

You next do an Ice Raid at Chernabog's face. But even though you've got the wings crippled, he swats the Keyblade away with his arm.

Ice Raid: 1

Swearing under your breath, you resummon the Keyblade and try a Sonic Blade, remembering how you did so in Atlantica. This time around, he flat out swats you away.

Sonic Blade: 3
Chernabog: 6

That's when you see that the others are charging straight at Chernabog. And right as you feel a wave of heat coming from the mountain. "What are you three doing?!" Your yell goes unanswered, as a sigil appears beneath the trio right when they reach the demon. "...Oh."

There's a blinding light, and a huge roar from Chernabog. You hear a Reflega barrier being summoned, and the eruption happens. Another roar is heard, along with the sound of the counter blast. The flames of the eruption turn blue as the roar ends.

You see the stream of ghosts scatter and watch as the blue flames die down. And when they do, you see that Chernabog is gone.

Trinity Limit: 6, 6, 3

"What was that thing?" Donald asks, panting. You glance at the red areas where Sora was burnt, and you can't help but flinch. Casting Curaga on him, you see that your hands are shaking.

"Pretty damn hard," you answer with a grimace.

"I really don't wanna think about it..." Goofy comments, worry clear in his voice as he shivers.

"Great idea on the point-blank Trinity Limit though," you tell Sora.

He sighs. "Had to. He was swatting you around. Still... are we really going in there?" With those words, he glances at the mountain.

[] You're at the final stretch before Ansem. Preparations?
-[] Chat with the others.
--[] Who will you talk to and what will you say?
-[] Any other preparations?
[] Enter the mountain.
[] Write-in

Wow, you all almost got a bad end. Beginning to think these dice are tsundere. Seriously, they let a point-blank Trinity Limit be a critical success yet almost have you as ghost food.

End of the World: Megrez
[X] Enter the mountain

The area around the mountain and the four of you are all silent. "There's an opening," you say to the other tree, pointing to the volcano crater. "That's the way to Ansem." Your face is cold.

"Let's go," Sora tells you all. With that, you fly into the mountain. And when you reach the bottom of the crater, you see another cave. Ñone of you speak as you walk through the cave, seeing remnants of worlds.

I recognize some of those worlds. There's Snow White's, Cinderella's, and the three fairies' worlds.

"And that's Beast's Castle," you add to Ven's commentary. "And Mushu's world..." You point at lanterns, tattered tents, and what looks like ruined furniture.

"It's like a prison for the worlds..." Sora muses.

At the end of the cave, surrounded by cyan crystals, is a green light. You enter with the others, and you see a larger cave with a glowing green floor and stala- whatever those rock things that come out of the floor are called. On the other side is another entrance shaped like a Heartless emblem.

You all cross the cave. "Huh, I thought there'd be Heartless here," you comment.

"There'd better not be," Donald grumbles. "Demon Tower was enough."

Goofy chuckles. "Don't jinx it!" he jokes. It looks like Donald didn't, as you cross the cave without any inconvenience. "I guess Ansem is just being inviting?"

"He's been rather affable," Sora says.

"English?" you ask.

"Civil," he explains.

"Messing with us."

Sora's expression falters. "Good point..." he whispers, glancing at Donald and Goofy and giving them a hopeful smile.

All of you enter a third cave, with a fancy door and a spring with water at the side. Sora stares at the door.

[] Rest up.
[] One last chat.
-[] With whom, and what to say?
[] Let Sora open the door.
-[] After he opens it...
--[] MAD SEARCH FOR ANSEM.
--[] Go to the Secret Place.
[] Write-in
I always found the Darkside fight during the final battle as pointless, so I'm skipping it.

End of the World: Dubhe
[X] Rest up.
[X] One last chat.
-[X] With Everyone. Ven and Vanitas included.
--[X] Make sure there's no lingering questions or issues.
[X] Let Sora open the door.
-[X] After he opens it...
--[X] Go to the Secret Place.

Time to rest up. You sit down against the cave wall and relax. "So..." you start, glancing at everyone, "is everyone doing good?"

Goofy chuckles. "Great on my part!" he responds, smiling.

"Ready to beat Ansem for all he's done!" Sora adds, twirling Oathkeeper. He heads over to the door, and you talk to the others.

Good on my part.

I want this DONE.

"Same," you say to Vani. "No final words before we go?"

"Just why we've come so far," Sora speaks up. "It's time to fight for our future!" With that, he grabs the door's handle and slowly moves the door open. His eyes go wide, and all of you see what's past it. "This is... my island?"

Indeed it is. You seem to be back on the Destiny Islands... and you know it's fake. This is where it's gonna happen. "This isn't," you say.

"Gawrsh, why not?" Goofy wonders.

Sora pauses. "Uh... good point. If this was my island, you, Haru, and Donald wouldn't be here with me?"

"I admit, my feathers are on end," Donald admits, glancing at the Secret Place. Sora's walking over there. "Sora?"

"I feel like something's calling me there," the brunette says. You follow Sora, wanting to direct him there earlier. You notice the trees, ladders, bridges, and ramps disappearing as the waterfall pond empties, with the waterfall stopping. As you get to the Secret Place, tremors start to shake the island.

"This world has been connected."

The paopu island vanishes as Ansem speaks.

"Tied to the darkness. Soon to be completely eclipsed."

The platform on the west side of the main island disappears.

"There is so very much to learn."

The sea turns purple.

"You understand so little. It is a meaningless effort, for one who knows nothing can understand nothing."

The ground split over the seaside, the dock and shack look wrecked, and a slope has appeared up the beach. Dark spiky formations appear around the sides of the crumbling island. And someone with silver hair is at the edge.

...Terra?

[] Write-in

End of the World: Rhadamanthus
[X]You had nearly forgotten. Terra's still in there. Though nobody here except you and the people inside you know it.
-[X] It's a long shot. But it's worth a try.
--[X] "Xehanort. You still hijacking Terra's heart?"
---[X] "I wonder how easy that is when someone is trying to call out to him."
----[X] If he responds with words to the effect of 'You cannot reach him.'
-----[X] "Not going to stop me trying. And I think Eraqus might appreciate the help."

All of you run down to the fragmented shore. You almost forgot that Terra's still in there. Even so, no one except you, Ven, and Vanitas know this. "Xehanort/Ansem, you still hijacking Terra's heart?" you ask him. "I wonder how easy that is when someone is trying to call out to him."

"I will answer after you take a moment to appreciate your surroundings," he begins, looking over the abyss. "My past self once said this world is just too small. Nothing but a prison surrounded by water.

"And so, another child that was very much like me sought out to escape from this prison; see what was unknown to him. He was perfect for one of the thirteen thrones to be filled."

"Stop rambling."

Not-Terra turns around, and in his place is Ansem. "Who was-" Sora starts but never finishes.

"Somebody beyond your voice's reach," Xehanort's Heartless responds. "One lost in shadow, and will stay lost."

"You-" you begin. "It's not gonna stop me or Sora from trying to save him. And I think Eraqus would like the help."

"Hm. So Xemnas was interrupted before he could take everything from you. A pity."

"Thanks to me! We'll save whoever that was and beat you!" Sora exclaimed.

"Remain in your fantasy all you want, but this is the passage of fate - all worlds begin in darkness, and so they return to it when they end. The heart is no different," Ansem says to you all before suddenly appearing behind you all. "All returns to whence it came.

"Can you not see that this is the true essence of the heart?" Ansem finally concludes, floating into the air and not doing that thing with his hand.

"You're wrong!" Sora snaps. summoning Oathkeeper. "Now matter what you think the heart is, or how strong it really is, I've learned something - there's a light in there that will never go out!"

"So you have come this far and are still blind," he simply says. "Every light must fade; every heart return to its origin. Now, I will show you the truth." The guardian appears behind him, and all of you get out your weapons.

Xehanort's Heartless
ANSEM, THE SEEKER OF DARKNESS

Final boss time!

End of the World: Ansem (Part 1)
[X] "Darkness becomes irrelevant without Light."
-[X] "And he is not beyond our reach. He's still here!"
--[X] "Terra! You need to fight him. You have to break free! For Ventus! For Aqua!"
---[X] See if Ventus has any words to say, and relay them accordingly.
----[X] In the meantime, play defensively. Fire with magic as best as you can, heal as needed. And stay away from the guardian!

"Darkness is pointless without light," you tell Ansem. As you do that, the guardian lunges at your throat, which knocks you back.

Taking's not a free action: 3+1 (4)
Haru: 3

A sword appears in Ansem's hand, which seems to be made of a weird black stone. He flies at you four. "Elaborate."

"He's not beyond our reach!" But as you say that, the guardian punches you into the sand.

Ansem charge: 4+1 (5)
Haru: 1

You get to your feet. "Terra! You need to fight him and get loose! For Aqua and Ven!" To emphasize your words, you cast Firaga at Ansem. It hits him right in the chest before the guardian is able to block.

Firaga: 3+1 (4)
Ansem: 1+1 (2)

"Anything to say, Ven?"

Nothing here.

Ansem lunges at Sora with his sword, but he blocks the attack. There's a loud clang as they collide, causing a few sparks to fly.

Ansem: 3+1 (4)
Sora: 3+1 (4)

That's where you and Donald both cast Blizzaga at Ansem, but the guardian blocks your cast, not flinching at all. Even so, Donald still gets his attack through, and it hits Xehanort's Heartless.

Haru Blizzaga: 4+1 (5)
Donald Blizzaga: 6+1 (7)
Guardian defend: 5+1 (6)

Then, Goofy dives at the guardian before it begins to charge, knocking it back and getting its attention.

Will Goofy keep his streak of good rolls that he had in the Chernabog fight?: 3+1 (4)
Survey says...: 2+1 (3)

End of the World: Ansem (Part 2)
[X]"Now you're curious about light? Alright, I'll humor you."
-[X] "At the most basic, Darkness is the absence of light. You get rid of light, what are you left with?"
--[X] "If you want a bit more philosophy..."
---[X] "All worlds may have started in darkness, but by light were they defined. Given form. Made from nothing to something."
----[X] "Philosophy, a fight, and an inner struggle. Still with us? Or are Terra and Eraquis making it a bit tough to focus?"
-[X] During breaks in the monologue, use spells, shotlocks, fire, etc...

"Now you're curious about light?" you snidely ask the Heartless. "All right, I'll humor ya." As you say that, you do a Meteor Shower Shotlock as a way to blast him. With the guardian still distracted by Goofy, almost all of them hit Ansem.

Meteor Shower: 4+1 (5)
Ansem: 1+1 (2)

"Enlighten me," he responds, calling the guardian back to him to block a Blizzaga from Donald.

Donald freeze: 4+1 (5)
Come, guardian!: 5+1 (6)

"At the most basic, Darkness is the absence of light. You get rid of light, what are you left with?" You emphasize with a Thundaga that joins the Sora just casts. Ansem flies out of the way the lightning, before having the guardian counter with a pair of energy waves that knock you both down.

Haru bring zap zap!: 2+1 (3)
Sora brings down the thunder!: 2+1 (3)
Ansem says no: 6+1 (7)

"I believe you have answered your own question." He fires shadowy discs at you both, and though you block, one slices into Sora's side. "Imbalance."

SLICITY SLICE SLICE: 4+1 (5)
Haru: 5+1 (6)
Sora: 1+1 (2)

"That is why the χ-blade is needed. There is too much light, throwing off the balance."

"You just can't decide that kind of stuff for all the worlds!" Sora cuts in. "It's delusional!"

"It is not a delusion," Ansem says in response. You try to cure Sora, but the guardian lunges at you, punching you with a right hook and sending you down into the sand.

Heal: 1+1 (2)
Ansem: 5+1 (6)

Just then, you get cured. You turn and see Donald, who has his staff raised.

WAK WAK: 4+1 (5)
DENIED: 3+1 (4)

"All worlds may have started in darkness, but by light were they defined. Given form. Made from nothing to something," you tell Ansem.

"Almost everything you've said is true," he admits. Sora tries curing himself, but Ansem throws an orb at him, causing him to go further to the edge. "Once the imbalance is corrected, Xehanort's vision will be fulfilled."

Sora heal: 2+1 (3)
AW COME ON: 5+1 (6)

Donald casts Curaga to heal Sora, and he gets back up right before both dodging a wave the guardian sends out. "Uh-huh," you deadpan, rolling your eyes. "But he's old!"

Third time's the charm?: 6+1 (7)
Yes it is: 1+1 (2)

"That is irrelevant."

You then Superglide at Ansem and cast a point-blank Firaga Burst, and Goofy tosses his shield through the fireball. The burning shield slams into Ansem, knocking him to the ground as the guardian disappears, while you go into Firestorm. You give Goofy a high-five. "Philosophy, a fight, and an inner struggle. Still with us? Or are Terra and Eraqus making it a bit tough to focus?"

"I hear you perfectly clear," Ansem says, closing his eyes in contemplation as he floats back up into the air. "But there you are wrong. The feckless youth is gone. Do I need to make another report to spell it out for you?"

"He's not gone!" you counter. "Just because you're Xehanort's Heartless doesn't mean your Other is half of Terra!"

"Then you are deluded. SUBMIT!"

That's when the guardian erupts out of the sand and punches you, then once again vanishes.

Haru burns the self-righteous Heartless: 6+1 (7)
Have the dice abandoned Ansem?: 2+1 (3)

BURNING SHIIIIELD: 6+1 (7)
Yyyyyep: 1+1 (2)

S U B M I T: 5+1 (6)
Haru: 4

End of the World: The Endless Abyss
[X] "You'd like that wouldn't you? If we just wrote him off and gave up."
-[X] "But you couldn't take Riku completely. So I still don't believe that Terra's as gone as you insist he is!"
--[X] Meteor Shower! NEVER SUBMIT!
---[X] "You've gone on and on about what damage the light will inflict if left unchecked. But what has it actually done to damage the balance?"
----[X] "All the destruction that's been done to the worlds, that continues to be inflicted? That all seems to be wrought by you and the heartless in the name of Darkness."
-----[X] "What balance is worth wrecking havoc across the worlds and starting a new keyblade war? Worth ruining lives, stealing them?"
------[X] "What's the use of balance if there's nobody left to live in it?!"
-------[X] Firaga Burst to punctuate our point.

You feel a jolt of pain and briefly see the guardian's shadow, but fire a Meteor Shower at Ansem, refusing to submit. "You'd like that, wouldn't ya? If we just wrote him off and gave up. But you couldn't take Riku completely. So I still don't believe that Terra's as gone as you insist he is!" Despite that, Ansem creates a spherical barrier, floating towards you four as the Shotlock only gets a few hits in.

Freeze: 2
Haru: 3

Meteor Shower: 2+1 (3)
Ansem: 3+1 (4)

"You've gone on and on about what damage the light will inflict if left unchecked. But what has it actually done to damage the balance?" you continue, only for Ansem to dive at you with the barrier, causing a stinging pain to start all over your body once it makes contact.

Come, open your heart: 5+1 (6)
Haru: 4+1 (5)

You try swinging at him with Diamond Dust, feeling another jolt from the guardian. A hit! "C'mon, fellers!" you hear Goofy shout. His shield goes flying at Ansem, getting in a direct blow!

"All the destruction that's been done to the worlds, that continues to be inflicted? That all seems to be wrought by you and the Heartless in the name of darkness," you tell Ansem, narrowing your eyes.

Freeze 2: 1

Whack Ansem: 4
Success?: 2+1 (3)

It's gonna continue, isn't it?: 2+1 (3)
Of course: 1+1 (2)

"So you believe me a hypocrite," Ansem finally responds. "I respect your opinion." The guardian causes another sting, and you go over to the shack to get some distance from the Heartless.

Freeze 3: 2

A ton of lightning bolts rain down, and you see Sora and Donald both casting Thundaga. Sora's does a lot more damage, as it caught Ansem off guard. Donald isn't so lucky, as Xehanort's Heartless managed to evade that and send a huge orb at him, knocking the duck to the ground.

Double Thundaga!: 6+1 (7), 3+1 (4)
Ansem: 2+1 (3), 6+1 (7)

You get back up. "What balance is worth wrecking havoc across the worlds and starting a new keyblade war? Worth ruining lives, stealing them?" There's one last jolt from the guardian, and it returns to Ansem.

Freeze 4: 1

Ansem glows, and he sends the guardian into the ground. However, you aren't fazed. "What's the use of balance if there's NOBODY LEFT TO LIVE IN IT?!" you finish, raising your voice and emphasizing with a Firaga Burst.

The fireballs all hit Ansem, and send him crashing to the ground. The guardian blasts out of the sand right beneath you and sends you into the air, while you see the others using your distraction for a point blank Trinity Limit!

Firaga Burst: 6+1 (7)
Ansem: 2+1 (3)

Up we go!: 6+1 (7)
Haru: 5+1 (6)

FINISH HIM: 6+1 (7)
Ansem: 4+1 (5)

Once the Trinity Limit ends, the whole island goes dark...

All four of you are now floating in a black void. "Behold the endless abyss," you hear Ansem say. "Within it lies the heart of all worlds - Kingdom Hearts." Indeed it is. You see the Door to Darkness on a floating island in the distance. "Look as hard as you are able. You'll not find the smallest glimmer of light. From those dark depths are all hearts born. Even yours."

And there it is. Beneath you is an absolutely enormous Heartless battleship, bigger than Giant!Ursula or Chernabog in size. "DARKNESS CONQUERS ALL WORLDS!" Ansem yells.This is it...

WORLD OF CHAOS

Suddenly, you're sucked into a portal and appear on a glowing blue Heartless sigil. You hear Donald and Goofy screaming as they suffer similar fates.

Flame Cores, Water Cores, and something Vanitas called "Earth Cores" back at the Hades Cup then appear. You get out Diamond Dust, ready for the big fight.

Time for the final battle.

Hey, mind if we have a chat? I know this is just small fry.

[] Write-in

End of the World: World of Chaos (Part 1)
[X] "Sure, we've got some alone time. And these guys aren't chatty about anything. What's up?"
-[X] These cores shouldn't be too difficult. Just melee them, maybe throw in some spells if things get too crowded. That'll get us out faster.

As soon as a Flame Core rockets at you, you send a Blizzaga right at it before making an Aeroga barrier around yourself. "Sure, we've got some alone time. And these guys aren't chatty about anything," you tell Vanitas with a smile. "What's up?"

This Kingdom Hearts that Xehanort's Heartless mentioned - it's smaller than the real one.

You cast Thundaga at some Water Cores, electrocuting the water shields they're in and zapping them through that. "Wait, seriously? I thought it was located in the darkness!"

Ventus and I saw the true Kingdom Hearts during the fight with Master Xehanort ten years ago. But even if if is smaller, it's still made of the hearts of many worlds.
A Flame Core comes rocketing at you, and you instantly do a point-blank Blizzaga to freeze it solid. "And I bet it's all the worlds that the Heartless destroyed?" you ask him.

Exactly. We close the Door to Darkness, the hearts that made it will return and restore every last world that the Heartless devoured.

"That I did presume," you retort, casting another Thundaga that destroys a bunch of the Cores. You then do a Sonic Blade on some Earth Cores, and there's suddenly a flash of light from what would be called the ceiling.

Sora lunges in with Oathkeeper, chopping a Water Core in half. "Here we go!" someone shouts, and you immediately see Goofy diving down, bashing the frozen Flame Core into the ground. The two of them charge through the remaining Water Cores, and an orange orb appears in the center of the room.

"Take it down and we'll destroy a part of Ansem's ship!" Sora yells. You go in for a melee attack, while Sora and Goofy both throw their weapons. With one bright flash, the Room Core detonates in an over-the-top explosion.

The three of you appear before the World of Chaos, and see the side "wings" explode like the core. There's then a low rumbling sound, and you see the monstrous face that acts like the "bow" of the ship snarling at you all.

[] Write-in battle strategy.

End of the World: World of Chaos (Part 2)
[X] Kill it with fire!

"Burn it," you simply tell Sora. The brunet nods, then you look at Goofy. "Goofy, do whatever."

"I got ya!" Goofy responds with a smile. The face seems to disagree, a laser shooting down above the guard captain. Goofy dodges, then tosses his shield at the face. "Looks like this is gonna be like Ursula or that volcano monster!" he shouts to you. "Do stuff like we did there?"

The face doesn't consider talking a free action: 1+1 (2)
Goofy: 3+1 (4)

"Sure, why not!" you exclaim, casting Firaga directly at the face. However, it doesn't seem to do much despite leaving a mark.

Burn it: 6+1 (7)
Face: 6

Another beam comes down above Sora, and he dodges as well before doing a Ragnarök directly at the face, bombarding it with lasers.

More beams: 2+1 (3)
Sora: 5+1 (6)

While Sora does that, you fly right next to the face and do a Firaga Burst, with it being just as successful as Sora's Shotlock.

More fire: 4+1 (5)
Face: 1

The face charges up energy before unleashing it, knocking you back as it roars. Goofy on the other hand flies back before charging back in and bashing it straight on with his shield.

Face counter: 5+1 (6), 3+1 (4)
Goofy: 6+1 (7)

Goofy's attack knocks the face aside, and you use the diversion to cast Curaga on yourself. He then does his spinning move on the face.

This favoritism: 3+1 (4)
Face: 1

Well, you can't let Goofy hog all the glory. Because of that, you land right on top of the face and cast Firaga Burst again. It hits, and the face goes still.

Finish it!: 5+1 (6)
Face: 5

The face's mouth opens, and after you high-five Sora and Goofy, you fly into the portal, appearing above another Heartless emblem. There's Donald, fighting some Neoshadows. One raises its claws to slash at him, but Sora intercepts the attack, then slices the Neoshadow in two.

Donald casts Thundaga to destroy some more, then you cast Firaga to get rid of another. You then see the three of them use Trinity Limit, and that wipes out the rest of the Neoshadows. Even though you can't see it, the sound of an explosion confirms the destruction of that room core.

The explosion knocks the four of you out of the room, and you see the face explode as well. In the center of World of Chaos, the barrier around the main core vanishes.

[] Write-in

End of the World: World of Chaos (Part 3)
[x] Let's change it up a little. Homing Blizzara on the core.
-[x] If random enemies come out, indulge in fire-addict tendencies.

Almost immediately, you and the others glide straight at the main core, and you land with a Homing Blizzara while Sora and Donald cast a dual Firaga at it. The court wizard casts Aeroga on all four of you, and you all run at the core before you do a Firaga Burst. Goofy rushes at it and bashes it with his shield, Donald casts Blizzaga, and Sora uses Ragnarök.

The core doesn't stand a chance.

Just then, there's a loud rumbling as the ship shakes. The four of you head back out, and see World of Chaos brightly glowing. You all fly up, and as the energy dims, the large Heartless emblem before Ansem vanishes. Ansem wakes up and frowns at you and the others.

"Show me your full potential," he says, his tone still flat as he looks at Sora… you don't know whether to be offended or not. "Or surrender."

"Why would we do that? No way we'll surrender after coming this far!" Goofy protests, getting his shield ready.

Ansem's weapon appears in his hands. "Then you shall perish by the wrath of my blade."

This is it. You see Donald and Goofy, ready to battle, while Sora tightens his grip on his Keyblade. You hold onto Diamond Dust, then look at the three again. Ansem's going to be defeated, and when Master Xehanort returns, you'll help make him wish he hadn't.

"You all ready to end this?" you ask them.

Donald nods. "We wouldn't miss it at all! Right, Goofy?"

"Of course!" Goofy agrees.

You look at them all. "If we're defeated, it's been an honor." Then you laugh. "Oh, what am I saying?!"

Sora laughs, before he glares at Ansem. "May our hearts be our guiding keys," he says.

End of the World: World of Chaos (Part 4)
[X]Firaga, Firaga Burst, FLAME ERUPTION, FIRESTORM, METEOR SHOWER
-[X] BY FIRE BE PURGED!!!

Laser orbs appear around Ansem as you fly towards him at high speed, and you glide around most of them before going right next to him and sending a point-blank Firaga right at the Heartless's chest.

[World of Chaos: 1]
[Haru: 6+1=7]

You barely have time to get out of the way before Sora goes in for an Ars Arcanum, even as the lasers continue firing.

[Sora: 18+1=19]
[World of Chaos: 11]

The lasers go past Donald, allowing another Firaga to hit Ansem, though Goofy isn't so lucky, getting hit by one of the lasers and landing on the guardian's arm.

[World of Chaos: 17, 1]
[Goofy: 8]
[Donald: 5]

Ansem swings the Soul Eater glaive, but you parry it with Diamond Dust.

[World of Chaos: 1]
[Haru: 6]

You are in no mood to ham it up and scream about burning things. Casting Firaga Burst, you bombard Ansem with fireballs, then do a Meteor Shower Shotlock.

[Haru: 14+1=15]
[World of Chaos: 6]

A veil of shadow causes the Shotlock to bounce off of Ansem, dispersing harmlessly against the guardian. "Useless," says Xehanort's Heartless. "Just like your struggles."
He swings his glaive, knocking you away from him, though a Blizzaga from Sora manages to hit.

[Haru: 2]
[World of Chaos: 16]

"Our sacrifices haven't been for nothing!" Sora retorts. "We're defeating you here!"

[Sora: 18]
[World of Chaos: 10]

"Even now, at the end, you still understand nothing. If you defeat me, Master Xehanort will return," Ansem calmly replies, almost unfazed by everything. "Welcome the darkness into your heart."

Suddenly, a dark orb appears in the guardian's mouth, another two on the heads on its shoulders, and the last beneath where the Main Core was.

You try to cast Firaga… but nothing comes to you.

Your magic is sealed off.

"You motherFUCKER!" you shout.

[] Go for one of the orbs.
-[] FIRE RAID! Meteor Shower! Show Ansem what happens when you get the Silence status.
-[] Have SDG (Sora, Donald, and Goofy) go for the other orbs.

[] Write-in

End of the World: World of Chaos (Part 5)
[X] Engage him directly with your keyblade
-[x] Have SDG go after the other orbs while your busy distracting him

You fly right at Ansem, getting in place for an Ars Arcanum… before getting sliced across the side by the Soul Eater glaive, even drawing blood.

[Haru: 3]
[World of Chaos: 19]

Despite that, it distracts Ansem enough for Sora, Donald, and Goofy to destroy their respective orbs, freeing their magic. Sora flies down to where the Main Core is, destroying the orb sealing your magic, and almost on instinct, you cast Firaga Burst, blasting Ansem with countless fireballs.

[Haru: 19+1=20]
[World of Chaos: 6]

Goofy then comes in for a Goofy Tornado, and after it gets in a powerful hit, you taunt, "Shouldn't have kept yourself stuck to the ship, huh?"

[Goofy Tornado: 17+1=18]
[Ansem: 9]

Ansem raises his glaive. "Begone."

A dark sphere of destruction appears above him, and you realize that this… it's his desperation move.

The sphere flies high above the World of Chaos, raining down dark bolts, and worse, it's pulling you in.

[World of Chaos: 12]
[Haru: 1]
[Sora: 11]
[Goofy: 14]
[Donald: 17]

No matter what you do, you can't escape the sphere's vacuum, with the sole respite being that Donald and Goofy have escaped, with Donald spamming Curaga on both you and Sora.

"Witness real power!" Ansem declares.

And the sphere explodes.

You're sent crashing into the part of World of Chaos in front of the Main Core's cage, and on impact, you cough out blood. Everything hurts, and you're pretty sure you've broken your left arm. You feel blood trickling down the back of your head, and you struggle to get to your feet… and barely manage to do so.

[Get up!: 18]

Panting for breath, you drive Diamond Dust into the ship, with Donald and Goofy landing in front of you with Sora, who only got out with a few minor wounds. Everything hurts, and even a Curaga from Donald doesn't fix the broken arm.

Ansem gazes down on the four of you. "And so, your lights flicker out." At the tip of the glaive appears another orb. "All your efforts, wasted.

"Return to darkness."

A laser of pure destruction shoots down at all of you, one that would reduce all of you to dust…

And it's stopped on the Oathkeeper.

[The last roll…: 5]
[Sora: 20]

Both Donald and Goofy are holding onto the Keyblade with him, and Sora, actively straining against the laser, nods to you.

[] Quadrinity.

[] Write-in

End of the World: Beyond the Door
[x] Quadrinity
-[x] "There's more to darkness than just raw power Ansem, maybe you would learned that if you'd bothered too try."

"There's more to darkness than just raw power, Ansem," you croak out, though Ansem probably can't hear you. "Maybe you would've learned that if you bothered to try."

Your mouth is filled with the coppery taste of blood, and your left arm hangs uselessly at your side, but you stand, getting to the side of Sora, Donald, and Goofy.

Your companions throughout your journey.

Holding onto Oathkeeper besides Donald and Goofy, who both nod at you, and Sora, who, even in that moment, flashes you a smile. Together, you push back against Ansem's attack, and with one swing of Oathkeeper, the beam is repelled, with Ansem's expression changing to one of horror.

"No…" he whispers.

A crown symbol appears beneath the four of you as you summon Diamond Dust, and you point your Keyblade at Ansem. Two beams come out of the Keyblades, one a brilliant blue and the other a fiery red, and both circled by a pair of beams.

The two main beams become one, and the combined attack pushes back Ansem's laser, making it dissipate, and it strikes true, piercing Xehanort's Heartless through his chest.

A series of explosions ignite across the battleship, and the four of you fly away before World of Chaos explodes before your eyes. A cluster of hearts is all that remains, ones that scatter to back where they belong.

All that's left is to seal away Kingdom Hearts.

I suppose you know what's coming, don't you?

You turn to the Final Door, and you see Ansem. "Yeah," you confirm. "I do."

"So, this is where my path ends," says Ansem, clutching his chest… but still smiling. "And yet… this is also the beginning. Just one Keyblade cannot seal the door to darkness." He turns towards his prize. "Kingdom Hearts!" he bellows, reaching for the Final Door. "Fill me… with the power of darkness!"

The giant double door slowly opens in the middle, wisps of shadow seeping out.

"Supreme darkness!" His final declaration echoes through the abyss.

"You're wrong!" Sora yells. "I know now, without a doubt—Kingdom Hearts is light!"

The door opens even more, and the purest light you've ever seen shines forth and envelops Ansem, temporarily blinding you.

"Light… but…?"

And when you open your eyes, he's gone.

The door to Kingdom Hearts is still open.

[] Close the door. Epilogue

End of the World: Beautiful World
[X] Close the Door
-[x] "Anyone on the other side?"

You head over to the final door, and peek into the gap as Donald and Goofy get on one side and you and Sora on the other. "Anyone on the other side?"

All you see in there are hundreds of thousands of Heartless.

"…fuck. We need to get this thing closed. Then the king will probably close it from that side."

lOne, two, three, PUSH!" Sora directs.

All of you put your full strength into closing the doors to Kingdom Hearts… however, the doors are barely moving, with the darkness beyond resisting it. You feel your feet sliding across the ground, with sweat rolling down your face. Your broken arm is throbbing in pain, as are your other injuries from Ansem that hadn't been healed.

Donald takes a quick peek inside and cries out in fear. "The Heartless!" he quacks in unison with Goofy. "Hurry!"

"I'm trying!" you shout.

"I'm… I'm here!"

That voice makes you freeze. Though it's strained and exhausted, you see someone barely holding back a sphere of Shadows with ethereal chains.

Aqua!

The Keyblade Master herself has her back against the other side of the door, focusing on restraining the Shadows at any cost.

lI don't have much time!" she says, swinging her Keyblade to throw the restrained Shadows back. "We need to get this door shut before those chains break!" She grabs the Keyblade again, putting all her effort on keeping the Demon Tide at bay.

You're just stunned into speechlessness. There are tons of things you want to tell her, about Ven, about everything, but if you break her concentration for a second—

A pair of Darksides rise from the depths of the dark realm.

"It's hopeless!" screams Donald.

"Look!" Goofy exclaims, pointing past Aqua, where the Darksides dissolve into shadow. The inside of Kingdom Hearts is filled with a golden light, leaving only the chained Demon Tide. Even with the darkness lessened in there, you look in as Donald and Goofy's expressions brighten.

The light glints off of the Kingdom Key D, held by none other than King Mickey himself.

"Your Majesty!" the two both gasp.

"Now, let's close this door for good!" Mickey insists, raising the Keyblade.

Donald starts shoving on the door. "Close it, quick!"

With newfound resolve, the door begins closing…

"But…!"

Mickey looks back at you all over his shoulder. "Don't worry, there will always be a door to the light." He smiles. "Donald, Goofy… thank you."

"But we… we need the door closed from both sides!" calls Sora. "How can we do that if Aqua's occupied…?"

"Sora," Aqua speaks up. "Look at how much you've grown since I met you on the island." She laughs, getting her Keyblade ready and backing up until she was parallel to Mickey. "I have a simple request for you." She glances at you, too. "Same with Haru."

"What is it?" you ask, your arm trembling. Tears are in your eyes, and you don't know whether it's you or Ven crying. "What are you doing?"

"Take care of those you care for. Protect them with all your hearts." Aqua smiles, with the tip of her Keyblade lighting up. "I'm sorry I can't say more. Goodbye—I'll see you all again."

Chains shoot out of the Keyblade, latching onto her side of the door and pulling it shut.

The last you see of Aqua as the door closes is her raising her Keyblade to face the Demon Tide.

Sora steps back, raising the glowing Oathkeeper high, and you know Mickey is raising Kingdom Key D. Light shines through the stained glass on the door, and with a click that shakes the world, it starts to glow. The light overtakes the door completely, and it dissipates into motes that fly off into the distance.

All that's left is a path leading off somewhere, and you collapse to the ground, crying.

Your vision blurred, you look up to see Riku, just as Sora sees Kairi. You run to Riku, and after taking in how some of his injuries with Xemnas are still present, say, "I… now that the worlds are coming back—"

"You have to go away, don't you? With Sora and the others?" Beach sand is forming beneath Riku's feet, with where he was on starting to break off, so you High Jump over the all-devouring void and onto the small platform.

Looking back at Donald and Goofy, you ask, "What do you want?"

"Wait, if the worlds are reforming…" Donald gulps, he and Goofy then run over to Sora, getting right onto the small space of sand with him and Kairi. "Wait for us! We don't wanna get lost!"

"Wait, what if we fall?!" cries Sora, shielding Kairi with his body. He looks down at the sand—it's getting bigger. "And what if we're stuck at the islands?"

"We'll find the king by playing it by ear!" cheers Goofy. "All for one and one for all, right?"

You and Riku just laugh, right as the patch of sand breaks off from the island with the final door on it.

All of you were heading back to the Destiny Islands.

As you lay back in the sand and watch motes of light fall from the sky, with the main island blooming all around you and Riku, roaring into fullness as the abyss is replaced by a sparkling blue sea. The play island rises from the depths, and behind you returns the town and the forest—everything that was lost, now reborn.

The sky is filled with stars, and you smile, regardless of the tears in your eyes.

"Haru?" asks Riku, and you sit up, while he gets down with you to watch the ocean. "I can't thank you enough." He drags his fingers through the sand. "And… fuck, this is awkward."

"You're welcome, but… wait, what are you getting at?" Your cheeks are warm, and you're shifting in the sand.

"When things are back to normal here on the islands, do you want to…" He glances at the docks, where a raft is washed up, and despite his blush, he swiftly changes the subject. "Hey, remember how we wanted to build a raft to see other worlds—well, back when I thought you were Sora?" With a chuckle, he continues, "Why not pick up Sora and the others at the play island with that raft?"

You laugh. "I'm cool with that."

As you get on the raft, you acknowledge that you'll need somewhere to stay, and Xehanort's return is inevitable… but you know what? You still feel like this was a victory.

And when you look at the play island and back at Riku's smile, you realize that in a way? You've won.

So for now, you just lay back in the raft, and gaze at all the stars in the sky, all worlds that share this very same sky.

One sky.

One destiny.

[] Epilogue

Twilight Town: Epilogue
[x] Epilogue

DiZ sat across from Naminé in the mansion's White Room. "It's as I feared," he mused. "This other heart tied to Sora has taken on the burden on what the replica lost."

"What does that mean?" asked Naminé.

"When the replica absorbed those echoes in the Keyblade Graveyard, the absorption was felt on his link to Sora. The trauma sent Sora into his slumber… and that was when Xehanort's Nobody arrived." DiZ stared out of the window, where the curtains fluttered in the draft going through the room. "This other heart and my own intervention stopped Sora from becoming a vessel, but at a grave cost—that heart was removed, and had I not placed Sora in that pod down below, that Dream Eater would have kept him in the thrall of darkness."

Naminé looked down at her sketchbook. "And when Haru grew a heart and destroyed that Nightmare, it allowed Sora to wake up?"

"That was my conclusion, yes. After all, that Dream Eater seemed to have a special connection to what the replica absorbed." He made eye contact with Naminé. "Though I am unaware of where Dream Eaters come from, what matters is that its destruction was key in Sora's awakening."

"But what about this other heart?"

"When Xehanort's Nobody had taken back much of what the replica had absorbed, this heart made those memories go into it and the replica's connection, unable to be accessed by either—think like a fog." He closed his visible eye. "And therein lies the problem. The replica is not Sora, who this other heart was originally bound to. This chain of memories, as it were, cannot handle such hurt. If it goes any longer, I hypothesize that the chain will collapse, and the backlash will damage, if not break all three hearts."

Naminé finally looked up, gulping. "What do I have to do?" she asked. While she didn't have a heart to feel, she wondered if this was what dread felt like. "Can't we just let them… accept the hurt?"

"If Xehanort gets a hold of them, he may be able to extract these memories—and thus, this knowledge of the future and the past. The future is beyond Xehanort's sight." His voice was firm. "Naminé, you must remove those memories. Doing so will keep them out of Xehanort's grasp, and while the link between the replica and this other heart will collapse either way, it will do so without damaging any of the hearts involved."

"…I understand." Naminé got to her feet. "I'll retrieve Haru."

———​

When you arrive in the pod room, you notice that Naminé is standing in front of the pod. She looks nervous, staring at the floor. The room was devoid of any signs of the scuffle against that Dream Eater, and your heart…

It's been aching.

While it started not long after your arrival in Twilight Town, it's gotten worse and worse with each day. You're losing sleep, and talking to Ven sends a jolt of pain through your body whenever you do.

And that's nothing compared to how strained Ven sounded. Vanitas had faded away into darkness not long ago from the barriers between the worlds reforming, making things feel much quieter.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n18oiEzBLRg
You can barely speak to him without your heart aching, and as Naminé turns around to face you, she says, "Nice to meet you, Haru. I'm Naminé. But you probably already know that, don't you?"

You chuckle, replying, "Y-yeah, I do. Pleased to meet you for the first time, Naminé." You shake her hand, and while your arm is trembling, you smile at her. Once you're done with the handshake, you rub the back of your head. "So, what exactly is going on here? Is it about my… my heart?"

The Nobody solemnly nods. "It is," she confirms. She pulls out a simple card, like those in Castle Oblivion. "Use your Keyblade on this card. There's something you need to see."

"All right. If it helps…" Diamond Dust appears in your hand in a flurry of snow, and Naminé holds up the card. A beam of light appears at the tip of the Keyblade, and when it hits the card, something amazing happens.

From your heart emerges two chains stretching towards the ceiling, and as you can imagine, going past Twilight Town and to Sora—one is yours, and the other's… "What is this?" you ask.

"I'm a witch who can manipulate the memories of Sora… and those connected to him," she tells you, gazing at the chains. A third chain of memories goes to the card, and Naminé sighs. "L-look at this chain. Do you see anything?"

You look at the chains closer, and you freeze.

There are cracks.

"W-wait… this?!"

"It's your link to the other heart connected to you," Naminé confirms, looking at one of the chains heading towards the ceiling. "DiZ had me look through your memories to prepare for the future… and during the battle with Xemnas—"

"He took away a lot of my future vision," you finish. "Vanitas said Ven tried to 'play martyr…' is this where those memories went?"

"It is. And those cracks along the chains… it's the link between you and the other heart," she elaborates. "These memories are incredibly dangerous, since they have knowledge of the past and the future."

"How dangerous?" you ask.

"If they go back to your heart, the damage—" she avoids eye contact with you, making you start trembling again— "it would be devastating to your heart, possibly shattering it. And if they stay there for too long, the link will break, damaging this other heart even further."

"So what… what do we do with them?" The pain in your heart is starting to return. "How do we get rid of these memories without anyone's heart getting damaged?"

Naminé puts her hands together. "I can erase the memories. Unfortunately… it will sever your link with that other heart. And without that link, they will return to Sora." She forces a smile. "I'm sorry, Haru. None of us thought this would happen…"

"Can I…" You gulp. "Do you think I can say goodbye?"

"Of course."

With that, you sit down and brace yourself. 'Ven?' you mentally ask, and a sharp jolt of pain runs through your body. 'Are you there?'

I… I am.

His voice is labored, as if he's struggling to speak. 'Did you know this would happen?'

N-no. I just… I just wanted you to be happy. Besides… this is good.

'GOOD?! You've been with me since the start! I… I don't want you to go.'

I mean that you don't need me anymore. You've shown your own strength.

The world is filled with light—

And you're in the Dive to the Heart. You look down to see your stained glass platform, and turn around to see Ven, with tears in his eyes. "If Xehanort tries this again, it… I don't know what this would do," he says, taking your hands. "Haru, no matter what happens, I need you to promise me something."

You look right at him. "Anything."

Ven wipes your first tears. "Don't cry when I'm gone," he tells you. "You're stronger than that, and it's time you go on by yourself. I'll go back to Sora, and you'll have your whole life in front of you. Live it to the fullest.

"Can you promise me that?"

For what seems like hours, but is only a few minutes in reality, you stare at Ven's hands. Finally, you look back at him and say, a forced smile on your face, "I promise."

Ven laughs, and the two of you high five. "Then I'll see you soon, Haru. Who knows how long it'll be… but we'll see each other again."

"Same. See you soon."

Once again, there's nothing but light, and you're back in the old mansion's pod room. Getting to your feet, you say, "Naminé? I'm ready."

"All right." She puts her hand on the chain. "I'm sorry, Haru."

Light covers the chain connecting to the card, and the cracks vanished. You clutch your chest, doing your best to endure the pain that's now surging through your being. After what feels like an eternity, the chain dissipates into motes of light, and from your heart, something rises.

An orb of light—a heart—emerges. It rises up the first chain, taking the other chain with it and leaving just one. The heart flies through the ceiling, and you can imagine it leaving the mansion, then out of Twilight Town completely… and back to Sora.

The pain slowly subsides.

You promised Ven you wouldn't cry for him.

"Haru?" Naminé speaks up, bringing your attention back to her. "How… how are you feeling?"

You're not crying.

This is just a new beginning.

"Naminé," you answer, avoiding eye contact. "I…" You look right at her, and give her a Sora-esque smile before straightening up. "I think I'm gonna be okay."

One year later…

The reason Haru had moved to Twilight Town in the first place had been to help Roxas adjust and grow, and after Donald and Goofy had something delivered called a "Gummiphone", designed by Chip and Dale, he kept in constant touch with Riku, Sora, and the others by text.

Roxas was currently out getting rid of some Heartless that were spotted in the tunnels, and Hayner, Pence, and Olette had been out most of the day, so Haru had found that the perfect time to take a nap.

There had been no hide nor hair of any of Xehanort's incarnations, and while he appreciated the peace, Heartless were still a problem—though they were much weaker than in his journey a year back.

Nothing that a little fire couldn't handle, though Roxas was swiftly outdoing him. If anything, a year of peace in Twilight Town had left him rusty.

"Hey, Haru!" called a voice, making the redhead get up as he glanced around the usual spot, muttering something unintelligible. The sound of the train tracks came from overhead as Hayner entered the room with Pence and Olette. "Why are you sleeping in? You're gonna miss what we have planned in the woods." He laughed. "After all, we wanna keep this a surprise from Roxas."

"Speaking of which, can you go get him?" asked Olette. "He is kinda like your little brother, right?"

The day Haru had to explain about his nature as a replica and Roxas as a Nobody both from Sora had been one he didn't want to repeat. But since then, he and Roxas shared the same house.

Though Roxas had never taken to enjoying fire like Haru and Lea did.

"Right," said Haru, getting to his feet. "I'll go get him. See you there."

He hadn't needed to use his Keyblade in almost a year, and as he left the usual spot, he took in the sunset—this was what he, Sora, and Riku had been fighting for. Entering the underground concourse, where the main concentration of Heartless usually hung out, Haru almost on instinct wiped out the Armored Knight that Roxas was fighting with a simple fireball.

"Sorry about the killsteal," Haru joked, the Kingdom Key vanishing. "Hayner and the others were getting something ready for you."

"Oh, that." Two Become One disappeared from the Nobody's hand, and he laughed. "Yeah, they had some kinda surprise waiting for me." A shrug. "Man, over a year, and I still can't grasp whether my heart's fully grown."

"To tell you the truth," Haru confessed as he and Roxas left the concourse from the Tram Common's entrance, "even now, I wonder how much of a heart I have. Sure, I have a Keyblade, but so do you—no offense."

"None taken." The two of then went through the hole in the wall leading to the woods, and as soon as they took their first steps in, Hayner and the others jumped out.

"SURPRISE!" everyone shouted, and Roxas's eyes went wide.

"W-wait, what's all this?!" he asked, though he had a knowing smile on his face.

"Happy birthday!"

Roxas quickly found a party hat on his head, and Pence turned on a portable player. As 90s pop music started playing, he looked down in the grass. "Wait… you're considering this my birthday?"

"Of course!" Haru reassured him with a grin. "It's been a year since you appeared in front of the mansion, right?" He lit the bonfire in the middle of the small party, and said, "That's qualifies as a birthday for me! Let's have some fun!"

Of course, about five minutes in, Seifer and his gang barged into the party, with Fuu mentioning how there were noise complaints.

Hayner whispered with a smirk, "Bullshit. They're probably jealous."

By the end of the ruined party, Haru sat against one of the many trees in the woods, leaning back. He then saw Roxas walking towards the old mansion. Pulling out his Gummiphone, he told the Nobody, "Lea wished you a happy birthday, too. So did the others."

"Is this what growing a heart's like?" wondered Roxas, putting his hand against his chest.

"Yeah, pretty much," answered Haru. "I've had a heart for a while, and after DiZ vanished… well, it's mainly over at Hollow Bastion that there's stuff on the heart's nature."

"Hey!" called Pence, with Vivi at his side. "Olette was wondering if the five of us could have our picture taken in front of the mansion. You game?"

"Who'll take it?" asked the replica.

"It took an inpromptu match of Struggle, but Vivi agreed to it—and so did Seifer, who agreed, and I quote, 'just to get you to shut the fuck up.'"

Haru laughed at Pence's voice impression. "Well, that sure as hell sounds like him." He joined Roxas and the others in front of the mansion, where Vivi held up a camera.

"Ready?"

"We are," said Roxas.

All of them posed in front of the closed gates, and the camera flashed.

THE END

Thank you for playing! I can't believe this is done, even with all the hiatuses, temporary death, my own short attention span, and personal RL issues. This may be the first long thing I've ever written and completed… but I couldn't have done it without you all. Thank you, so much.

An actual sequel is in the works, one that I'll start when I get things situated.

Again, thank you.

Miscellaneous stuff:
  • Haru lives in Twilight Town with Roxas. They fight Heartless together.
  • Xehanort's incarnations keep to themselves at the moment, though it's only a matter of time till they take action. It's pretty much a stalemate.
  • Aqua was separated from Mickey by the Demon Tide. Attempts at finding her… well, one does not simply walk into Mordor the realm of darkness.
  • DiZ seems to have vanished into thin air.
  • Naminé lives in the Old Mansion.
  • Ven's voice went silent shortly after the worlds were restored. Sora mentioned how he felt a warmth in his heart.
  • Mickey was found unconscious outside of Castle Oblivion.
  • Pete's up to no good, though Maleficent hasn't come back yet.
  • Donald and Goofy returned to Disney Castle, though Mickey hasn't returned yet.
  • Lea returned to Hollow Bastion, but only briefly. He spends most of his time in Twilight Town.
  • Sora, Riku, and Kairi spend most of their time at the Destiny Islands or training with Yen Sid.
  • Haru and Riku haven't figured out how they see each other.

Last edited:
Back