Whack Things With Key-Shaped Swords (Story Only thread)

Created at
Index progress
Complete
Watchers
Recent readers

This is the story only thread for my completed Kingdom Hearts ex-isekai quest. Admittedly has a bad case of Early Installment Weirdness.
Last edited:
Dive to the Heart: The Beginning
Falling. You've fallen for a long time, as your spiky br-

Wait, spiky? Your hair wasn't like that before. Your hands weren't gloved, and you didn't have such huge shoes.

The realization dawns on you as you continue falling, until you land on the metaphysical ground. You take a step, and the ground explodes into a flock of doves, which takes flight and flies off into the distance.

Beneath you is a green stained glass platform of Snow White, holding the poison apple and with pictures of the dwarves, forest animals, and the queen in the background.

So much to do, so little time...

Oh hell. You're trapped in Dive to the Heart.

The door is still shut. Do you think you are ready?

A light beams down from the sky. Hey, at least you don't need glasses anymore. You decide to play along, and go into the light. Might as well if you wanna get out of here.

Don't be afraid. Take your time. Are you ready?
Three flashes of light surround you, and three pedestals appear on the edges of the platform. There is a sword, a shield, and a staff. Figures.

Power sleeps within you... It gives you form. Choose the one that will decide your destiny.

...Idiot. You're really gonna do this? Since you'd probably be swept in some magical adventure you likely want no part of. You'd rather be back home in your world? Go ahead. Amuse me, fool.

[] Have an existential crisis
[] "WHAT THE HELL"
[] Choose a weapon and give one up.
[] Panic
[] Write-in

Welcome to my fourth attempt at a quest! This'll be an adaptation of the story of Kingdom Hearts I, but expect some changes, depending on your choices or my decisions. You guys are basically a hivemind that are in the head of some guy who's controlling Sora's every move a replica who has to figure out what happened to Sora.

EDIT FOR STORY ONLY THREAD: This is no longer accurate. The bodyjacking/isekai thing was retconned early on, and I consider this my first quest, with the other three being Old Shames that I refuse to acknowledge.

Rules

1. Standard SV rules apply
2. No spamming
3. No griefing
4. Dying is possible
5. Write-ins are allowed, but don't use it to hijack and derail the story from the DM.
6. I like hilarity.
7. Drama is good.
8. I like active discussion.
9. Your character has future vision, but don't think that'll save you. It'll at least help a lot.
10. Three votes are needed to progress. This is a group effort, after all.
11. Have fun!

Equipped weapon: Diamond Dust
Current world: End of the World

Available abilities: Firaga, Thundaga, Blizzaga, Aeroga, Graviga, Sparkga, Curaga, Reflega, Stopga, Magnega, Bind, Confuse, Slow, Haste, Terror, Silence

Strike Raid, Dodge Roll, Sonic Blade, Sliding Dash, Magnet Spiral, Ars Arcanum, Homing Blizzara, Lethal Frame, Aqua Splash, Spark Blade, Icebreaker, Drain Dive, Chain Rave, Firaga Burst, Flame Eruption, Wind Raid

Fever Pitch, Thunder Bolt, Firestorm, Diamond Dust, Bladecharge, Ghost Drive

Meteor Shower, Flame Salvo, Thunderstorm, Absolute Zero, Ragnarök

Summon: Simba, Summon: Genie, Summon: Bambi, Summon: Dumbo, Summon: Tinkerbell, Summon: Mushu

High Jump, Dolphin Kick, Air Slide, Glide, Superglide

Keyholes sealed: Traverse Town, Wonderland, Deep Jungle, Agrabah, Port Royal, Atlantica, Halloween Town, Twilight Town, 100 Acre Wood, Olympus Coliseum, Neverland, Hollow Bastion

FANART

Made by crowbar.

Thank you for reading! This quest is completed.

Dive to the Heart: Initiate Scumbag Mode
OOC: You control the decision-making faculties.

[X] Take all the weapons.
-[X] Because why? Because you can.

You proceed to snatch all three of the weapons before the voice says anything? Why? Because you can, that's why!

Is this the form you choose?

You gleefully nod, then the pedestals the weapons were on fall down. And just afterwards, the platform you are standing on shatters, and you fall. Again.

Gravity pulls you down through the abyss, while you're unable to struggle free. It feels like something's grabbing you and trying to choke you, and you continue falling for a few minutes.

Eventually, you see a dark blue platform, depicting Cinderella on it. You land on it, when your weapons appear before you.

You've gained the power to fight. But you must remember to use this power to protect those dear to you from them.

Right after the voice says that, small black creatures with yellow eyes and antennae appear. The Heartless. Just Shadows, though.

It looks at you, its beady eyes unblinking. Time to fight, you think to yourself.

[] Hand-to-claw combat
[] Fight Link-style (sword and shield)
[] Sword
[] Shield
[] Staff
[] Write-in strategy

Dive to the Heart: Because Dual-Wielding
[X] Whack em with the Sword and the Staff!

The Shadow lunges at you, giving you a small nick on your side. You get back up quickly, and bonk the Heartless on the head with your staff. It gets back up on its feet, only for you to slice off the arm of the aberration.

You charge at the Shadow again, and with a swing of your sword, it's knocked to the blue glass of the floor, the serene expression of the princess depicted there contrasting the fight. You lastly use your staff to knock the Heartless into the air, and it breaks apart into darkness.

Look out!

You turn, and see three Shadows running towards you. You draw your sword and charge, but one of the Shadows leaps over you, eager for a counterattack.

It swats at you, but you're faster, bludgeoning it with your staff. This destroys the Shadow, and the other two ram you in the back, knocking you to the floor. You quickly retaliate with your sword, destroying them both.

All of a sudden, a dark wave appears on the ground, and you feel as though a strong current is pulling you into the sea. You try struggling out, but the current's too strong. The wave engulfs the platform in darkness.

Now you're on a new platform. This one's magenta, with three hearts on it. Within each heart is the silhouette of a woman.

You then see a door appear on the other side of the pillar.

[] "AW COME ON"
[] Force the door open
[] Wait for Mystery Voice to say something
[] Write-in

Dive to the Heart: Everything Will Be Fine
[X] Wait for Mystery Voice to say something

Silence... Mystery Voice doesn't seem as chatty as it was back at the Snow White platform. You eventually get bored, and open the door. The sooner you get out of this acid world the better. You shield your eyes, and you now appear on an orange platform depicting Princess Aurora.

Shadows appear almost immediately, and you take care of them with ease. Then you hear footsteps behind you.

A dark entity approaches...
Oh, there it is. You turn around to see someone about a head taller than you, dressed in a black coat. They pass by you, and you briefly see two yellow eyes and a similar face to Sora's beneath the hood. He glances at you, and you can't help but flinch.

He walks towards the edge of the platform, and stairs made out of stained glass appear. It leads to a yellow platform, and you hear Mystery Voice again, but it sounds terrified.

Climb the stairs! Get away from that being!
You run up the stairs, getting away from the hooded boy as quickly as possible. You then reach the yellow platform, which depicts Belle. You can see the Beast and the servants in the background of the platform.

The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes...
You see your shadow behind you, stretching out. It then slowly emerges from the ground, beginning to change its form.

But don't be afraid... and don't forget...
It grows more muscular, two small wings emerge from its back, and a heart-shaped hole appears on its chest. Its eyes are the same as the Shadows', and its head is covered in wavy hair. You run to the edge of the platform and turn around, seeing Darkside in its full glory.

BOSS BATTLE
Greater Shadow: Darkside

[] Write-in a strategy to fight it. Plan accordingly, as this is a boss battle.
[] LEEROY JENKINS
[] You saw me. Oh, you're facing a giant Heartless? Well, have fun getting your ass kicked!

Dive to the Heart: Darkside
[x] Equip your sword and shield.
-[x] Watch his movements carefully. Cut the legs to make him fall, then go for his head. Block (or dodge) and counter his attacks using your shield and sword whenever possible.
-[x] Make sure to take out the Shadows too since they can be quite sneaky and annoying, especially in numbers.

You go right for the attack when Darkside's hand reaches the ground, slicing it with your sword. Then it suddenly lowers its body, its head and other hand hitting the floor and entering a pool of darkness. You jump and do a few quick strikes on the head, remembering that when Darkside does this attack, it creates a shockwave.

Darkside then brings out an orb - wait, it never used this attack during the fight in Dive to the Heart! It raises back to its full height, and the orb breaks into multiple smaller spheres, which rain down about you with much more frequency than in the game.

You maneuver around the raining orbs as best as you are able to, then attack Darkside's legs with your sword. It looks down at you, and at that, you bring out your shield. Taking a page out of Skyward Sword, you do a mighty bash with the shield. The giant Heartless, knocked back by your bash, falls to the ground, allowing a few free hits.

You take that opportunity to attack its head ferociously, slicing into it with your sword. After those attacks, Darkside gets up before doing its trademark punch, slamming into the yellow floor. The dark pool appears around where its fist hit, and you attack the hand, making sure to take care of any Shadows that pop up. It gets back up and kneels down. You know what's coming.

A purple light appears in the heart-shaped hole on Darkside's chest, and five projectiles are shot out of it towards you in rapid succession. You stand your ground and shield bash them back at the Heartless. Darkside kneels down again, a roar of pain emanating from it. It raises its arm, preparing for another punch.

[] Write-in strategy
--> [] FINISH HIM

OOC: Darkside's the tutorial boss! Of course he'd go down quickly.

Dive to the Heart: End
[X] Use the shield to parry his fist. Then stab him in the eyes. Repeat until completely and irrefutably dead.

You quickly get out the shield, and right before Darkside's fist hits you, you parry it, knocking it back. Next, you jump onto its arm and run up it till you reach the Heartless's head.

Then you shield bash it in the back of the head, sending it crashing to the floor. With Darkside vulnerable, you run up to it and stab it right between the eyes. It flails wildly, and you stab it again, one more time.
I'm surprised by your brutality.
Darkside's blind flailing knocks your weapons away, and a dark wave similar to the one from the second platform appears. You get ready, until you turn around. In front of you is what seems to be Sora... but Sora doesn't have jet-black hair or yellow eyes. Nor does he wear a black and red version of the outfit Riku is going to wear at Hollow Bastion.

Hello there, whelp. I see you've defeated that Darkside. Ventus... you've really outdone yourself in idiotic decisions. First with the χ-blade, and now this.

He shoves you into the darkness before snapping his fingers, making the wave even bigger. Evil Sora then pushes you in ever further, as if he wants to smother you in the darkness. You try crawling out, but he proceeds to stomp on your hand.

See you some other time, fool.

You sink into the darkness, and can barely see a glowing orb. You can hear a voice, a different one from Mystery Voice. One that wants to protect you.

Open your eyes. It's time for both of you to wake up.

WORLD COMPLETE!
Dive to the Heart

You sit up, the sun shining bright on you. You still seem to be in Sora's body, but Evil Sora's gone. The waves wash against your feet, and you hear seagulls squawking. As you here someone walk up to you, you already know who it is.

"...hi, Kairi," you say, the redhead stopping at you.

"Sora, you lazy bum," she says at you, "I knew I'd find you snoozing around here!"

[] "I know, I have to get the materials for the raft! You don't have to remind me again. I'm not dumb, you know."
[] Make a joke.
[] Act like Sora.
[] Be blunt.
--> [] Write-in what to say.
[] Ignore her.
[] Mourn the loss of your weapons.
[] Write-in
[] Give in, whelp.

Welcome to Destiny Islands! Also, for the guy who's controlling Sora now? You're free to give him a name or write up his personality, to help shape the quest.

The invisitext is not your friend.

Destiny Islands: Not A Morning Person
[X] be blunt and very salty

"You know, Kairi," you say angrily, "when I was sleeping, I had an awesome dream where I was a mighty king who would smite down his foes with the wrath of an angry god, and was feared by all. And I was getting to the very best part of it until you decided to wake me up."

You decide to leave out Evil Sora, who you were referring to, but you choose to swear vengeance on him for stopping you from retrieving your weapons.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"Bolts from the sky?" Kairi asks you, clearly amused.

"Yes," you say, eagerly awaiting when you get Thunder magic. Then you can smite Evil Sora for his misdeeds! It's the perfect plan! "Now don't touch me," you continue, standing up, "I'm still angry that I was interrupted. Don't we have a raft to work on? And you don't have anything better to do than wake me up?"

"No, not really," Kairi replies, looking over on the east side of the beach. "And yeah, the raft..."

"That isn't even done," says a masculine voice, Riku approaching. "I guess I'm gonna be the only one working on the raft."
That's who it chose? We're all fucking doomed.
"Excuse me for taking a quick nap," you tell him.

"Which means I'm doing all the dirty work?" Riku points out. "And you're just as lazy as he is, Kairi."

"So you noticed," she says. "Alright, let's finish it together! I'll race you!"

"No," you tell them.
Agreed. It's pointless, knowing you'll lose your island soon. And see that bridge over there? It's where I told that brat Ventus how I'd choke the life out of his friends. Good memories.
"Hey, Sora?" Riku asks. "Mind if we talk after the race?"
You nod, and they run off.

[] Gather materials for the raft, including what you can only get on the second day in-game.
[] See Riku.
[] If you see him...
--> [] Tell him the truth (write-in what to say)
--> [] Lie (write-in what to say)
[] Ditch them and leave the island
[] Go to the Secret Place
[] Write-in

Destiny Islands: You Get A Log
[X] Gather materials for the raft, including what you can only get on the second day in-game.

Might as well get started on the raft. That's how you had to advance in-game and it'll get you the Keyblade quicker. So you begin gathering the logs, cloth, and rope.

You give them to Kairi (except for one log), and go off to gather the food. You decide to save the mushroom in the Secret Place for last, knowing what's there. Once you've gathered everything, you crawl into the Secret Place, where you see all the drawings.

Of course, there's that ominous door that's gonna open and blow everything up to lead to the next boss battle.

[] Draw something (write-in)
[] Ansem's gonna show up in a bit. Wait for him.
[] DESTROY THE PLACE WITH YOUR NEW LOG LET IT FACE YOUR WRATH IF YOU'RE STILL SALTY
[] Write-in

Sorry, short one this time. About to fall asleep.

Destiny Islands: The Hooded Man
[X] Ansem's gonna show up in a bit. Wait for him. If he doesn't show within 10 minutes leave. But leave a note on the wall telling him to be punctual next time.
-[x] If he shows up, smile and wave.

You wait, knowing what's going to happen soon. You keep on waiting, until you see a man in a brown hooded cloak appear. Xehanort's Heartless/Ansem. You smile and wave at him, but he simply looks at you.

"I've come to see the door of this world," he says to you.

"Oh, of course," you comment to yourself.

Ansem turns to the door. "This world has been connected. Tied to the darkness. Soon to be completely eclipsed," he tells you.

"I've heard this all before," you say.

"But there is still so much for you to learn," Ansem intones, "for one who still understands so little."

"You're still calling me stupid?" you say back to him. "I told you, I've heard this before! I know what's going to happen!"

"If you know what is coming, why do you control this boy? You are not even from this world. It is a meaningless effort in any case... as one who knows nothing can understand nothing."

A dark corridor opens and Ansem walks through it...

And you hear Riku. "Hey! Sora! I've noticed ever since you woke up on the beach earlier today, you've been acting different."

Said silver-haired boy enters the secret place, a suspicious expression on his face. "And I want answers."

I will just observe for now.

[] Tell Riku the truth (write-in what to say)
[] Lie (write-in what to say)
[] Run away
[] Log time
[] Write-in

Destiny Islands: With Key in Hand
[x] Partial truth: You have memories that don't belong to you. Tell him about Keyblades, and ask him if he remembers the wielders that came to the island 10 years ago.

You sigh, and look at Riku. "Well, to tell you the truth? I have memories that don't belong to me."

"You mean something like past lives?" Riku asks. "I mean, I think that philosophy makes no sense, but still... go on."

"Do you remember a large brown-haired guy and this blue-haired woman? Came here about ten years ago?" you ask him.
"Yeah," Riku replies, "I remember that woman saying it was your job to keep me safe, or something like that." He scoffs. "I can defend myself fine now, thank you very much!"

"I think her name was Aqua," you say.
Do not mention her name!
"And what about Keyblades?" you add. "You know... giant key-shaped swords? Power to unlock anything? A weapon that's the stuff of legend?"
Because of her...
"I... kinda remember that. The brown-haired guy let me hold a 'Keyblade' for a bit and told me some poem," Riku says, looking at the door in the back of the secret place.
I lost the χ-blade because of that bitch!
"Alright..." you say. "That all you wanted to know?"

"Pretty much," Riku tells you, getting up and exiting the cavern. "See you tomorrow, Sora!"

And I want that damnable χ-blade back, so I can teach her and that idiot Ventus what it means to lose EVERYTHING! I'll deafen them with the sound of their own screams!

"See you," you say back to him. Aqua's still trapped in the Realm of Darkness.
Which that selfish bitch deserves.

You row back to the main island with your new log. Later that night, you come to a decision: after defeating World of Chaos? You're gonna rescue Aqua.

As it gets later, you look outside and see something absolutely horrifying.

There are about ten Darksides out at sea. All of them have one arm raised and each shooting an orange orb towards a large dark orb above the smaller island.

The sky is stormy, with strong winds blowing. You can hear on the radio about evacuating the seaside towns and going inland.

[] Go to the smol island.
[] Kill ALL the Darksides!
[] Equip log.
[] Evacuate.
[] "well shit"
[] Write-in

Yeah the invisitext gets salty about Aqua. And the thing with the multiple Darksides is based on a scene from KH 2.8.

Destiny Islands: Night of Fate
[X] Go to the smol island.
[x] Equip log.

You get your trusty log and run to your boat, getting in and rowing. All around you, black orbs fall from the sky, making pools of darkness as they hit the water. As you get to the small island, the sky turns a deep purple.

You dock, and the Shadows appear. Knowing you can't kill them until you get the Keyblade, you run down the beach to go to the side island. However, you soon see two Darksides, extremely close to the beach.

They punch the beach, sending sand everywhere, as you jump on top of the shack and run down the bridge, where Riku waits on the side island. You see even more Darksides out at sea now, this time numbering near thirty.

"Riku," you say angrily, "what the hell. You know if you do something like this, you'll lose the Keyblade!" you finish, now shouting.

"The door is open," he simply says under his breath, almost trancelike.

Well shit, you think to yourself.

"The door is open, Sora! Now we can reach the outside world and find who your new memories belong to!"

"I thought you wanted Kairi to join us!" you shout.
Yes, bring the Princess of Heart.
"Kairi's coming too!" Riku snaps. "Once we leave, we may never come back. We may never see our families, or Tidus and the others again. It's a chance I'm willing to take, but there's no turning back. I'm not afraid of the darkness!" He extends his hand towards you.

"But-"

Darkness then appears around Riku, which eats at his body. It comes towards you, threatening to engulf you whole, when a bright light appears in your hand.

The Kingdom Key's firmly in your grip, and you now have a way to fight the Heartless.

Take this Keyblade. Use it to defeat the abominations that threaten the worlds... and save my friend Aqua.

DO NOT INTERFERE!
"Creepy Voice," you tell the second one. "Shut the fuck up, Vanitas. I'm not forging your damn χ-blade, and I am not letting you out. So you go to whatever hole you crawled from, and don't. Come. Back."

Do it do it do it
You smirk. "You can go fuck yourself."

What?! No! How dare you!

I'm in charge now, Vanitas. Now get out.

Gladly. I see someone better to manipulate now, anyway.
Shadows appear on the bridge.

[] Go to the secret place while rampaging through the Shadows.
[] Evil laugh
[] Write-in

Now Ventus is using the invisitext.

Destiny Islands: Wayward Wind
[x] Ven, I will need your strength.
-[x] Go to the secret place while rampaging through the Shadows.

And with a grin, you destroy the nearest Shadow, tearing through more and then whispering, "Ven, I will need your strength."

Hm... try this.
You throw your Keyblade at another Shadow, destroying it before the Keyblade rides the wind, killing even more Heartless. It returns to you and the green light fades from it.

Continuing your trek to the secret place, you practically kick down the door from Dive to the Heart while the Shadows taste your rampage. You run into the cave, where you see Kairi standing in front of the door, pale as a ghost.

"There you are!" you shout. You run towards the wooden door, preparing to seal the Keyhole of the Islands.

Get her away from me!

She gives you a zombielike glance. "Sora.." She reaches her hand out towards you, when the door opens, blowing gusts of wind out of it.

Aaaa! You fail!

She flies right through you, and you're blown out of the cave.

You are now on a floating island. You still feel sand beneath you, and can see a bit of grass, but debris flies around you, and you can see those thirty Darksides still shooting orbs to the one right above you. There is the edge of a dock lodged in the sand, along with a flowering bush and a palm tree, somehow still there.

And when you turn around, you're almost immediately caught in the grip of a Darkside, which throws you in the air. You look below to see it's about to deliver a left hook.
Oh god, it's mimicking Twilight Thorn.

Have a nice death!

I have confidence in him. You've fought this thing before! Kick its butt!

Ventus, you really need to learn to swear more.

Greater Shadow
DARKSIDE

[] Write-in a battle strategy
[] Talk to...
--> [] Ventus (write-in what to say)
--> [] Buttface (write-in what to say)
[] "I always wondered why Darkside's head resembled an evil Tangela..."
[] Write-in

Presenting the first diverging boss. To be fair, I always wondered whether it was Ansem or Maleficent who ordered the attack on the islands. Ansem was there right before the storm, but Maleficent's the one capturing the Princesses of Heart. Never figured it out to be honest.

Destiny Islands: Skydiving
[x] Thank Ven for the support.
[x] Strike Raid the approaching fist of the Darkside. Otherwise, try jumping off it to strike at the head.
[x] When on the ground, use the same strategy as the last time you fought a Darkside. Add Strike Raids or even Wind Raids whenever possible.
[x] Make a mental note to try to contact Kairi's heart later.

"Thanks for the support, Ven," you tell him.

No problem!

You do a Strike Raid towards Darkside's fist, slicing into the giant Heartless's hand. You jump onto the hand, and use it to jump back down to the sand below. Then Darkside suddenly vanishes. You look around, then see it, preparing to fire an orange orb at you. Again, you go for a Strike Raid... but this time the results are much more explosive.

The explosion brings Darkside back to the island, stunned. Seeing the opportunity, you attack its head as much as possible. It gets up, and you do another Strike Raid to attack its legs to try and knock it down again, like the last time you fought it.

Darkside goes for its signature punch again, but you get hit by a bit of the shockwave. You get up, and do a third Strike Raid to send it to the ground, as it shoots lightning at you that you weave around, but you get hit by one.

The giant Heartless falls to the ground, allowing you to attack it some more. Darkside gets up afterwards, and fires energy balls from the hole in its chest. Then it stands to its full height and does what would be the equivalent to a roar. Purple orbs of darkness appear around it, and you quickly make a mental note to try contacting Kairi later.

Orange columns of light now appear around Darkside. Suddenly, four red sky lasers shoot out from it, sweeping across the island.

[] Write-in

Destiny Islands: Last Legs
[X] Don't let the lasers box you into an attack

You scramble around the battlefield, holding the Kingdom Key tight in your hand. You hide behind the palm tree, and Darkside looks around for you while you wait until the lasers end.

Cowardice is never an option. But that is because I approve of any violence directed towards you.

When the lasers stop, Darkside prepares for another attack, dropping its guard. Seeing your opportunity, you throw your Keyblade at its left leg before jumping out from behind the tree and attacking its right leg.

Darkside roars, and you watch until it punches the ground again, sending sand and debris flying. One sharp piece of wood hits you on the side hard enough to draw blood, and holding your wound, you see your chance.

You attack its hand and its legs one last time, and the giant Heartless crashes to the ground, more sand flying. Darkside's head is vulnerable.

[] FINISH HIM (write-in how)
[] Write-in

Destiny Islands: Storm's End
[x] FINISH HIM (write-in how)
-[x] Ask Ventus to let you borrow his Keyblade.
--[x] Cross the blades in order to behead the Darkside.

You approach the vulnerable Darkside. "Ven," you say, "can I borrow your Keyblade?" The storm is almost insane now, with the wind picking up.

Uh, well... I can't give it to you...
"Why not?" you ask, summoning Kingdom Key.

I actually can't say, with Vanitas here. He'll...

He's already suspicious of how I sent you that small bit of power. If I do any more...

Go on. I'm all ears.
You clench Kingdom Key tightly, gritting your teeth. You then let out a yell, and slice the Darkside's throat. The storm, now at its worst, sends the giant Heartless hurdling up into the orb, and soon you after.

WORLD COMPLETE!

You wake up in an alleyway of some sort, being licked by Pluto. He runs off you, with you soon following. In front of you is the First District of...

[] Look around
--> [] Write-in where to check.
[] Talk to Ven or Vanitas
--> [] Write-in who to talk to and what to say.
[] Write-in

Traverse Town: Waxing Philosophical
[x] Look around the First District, starting with the item and accessory shops.
[X] Ask Vanitas what he wants so we can work together.
[x] Also, is Kairi there?
[X] Make plans:
[x] Short term: Find Riku and attempt to talk him out of his DARKNESS habits, shit's not healthy
[x] Short term: Find Kairi's body and attempt to put her Heart back in without the whole stabbing yourself thing
[x] Long term: Find Aqua and get her out of the Realm of Darkness, then go with her to find Ven's body, then find Terra's Lingering Will and sic him on Xehanort's ass, all 13 of them.

You get to searching the First District. It's like you remember it, too. There's the accessory shop, run by Cid. Over there's the item shop, run by Huey, Dewey, and Louie. The mailbox, the streetlamps, the café... everything's there. The door to the Third District's locked, while-

Your island's almost completely gone... as if it never existed. But the Realm of Darkness is deep and vast, and somewhere down there lies all that remains.
"Vanitas," you say. "Tell me something."

What.

"What exactly do you want?" You feel as though you might've hit somewhere soft, as he's silent for about a minute. You then hear a sigh.

I... actually don't know. Just to get in the Chamber of Waking to be whole.
You flinch. "Then tell me: Why did you follow Xehanort? Isn't he the reason your life's shit?"

Master Xehanort was the one who created me. I owe my existence to him.

"So he's like a father to you? But anyway... I know you're the embodiment of the darkness in Ven's heart. You have to have something in common with him."

We were both put through harsh training by Master Xehanort. Every time an Unversed is destroyed, I feel physical pain from it. And the Master used that in my training, to test my endurance. Similar to how he attacked Ventus with Heartless.
"And the χ-blade? Why would you pretty much kill yourself and Ven to make that stupid thing?"

Fuck off.
It's your turn to sigh. "Do you know if Kairi's there?" Silence... You decide to make plans now.

First, you'll bring Riku back to sanity. Next is freeing Kairi's heart without stabbing yourself. But most of all?

Find Aqua, wake Ventus up, find Terra's Lingering Will, and defeat Xehanort.

[] Write-in

Traverse Town: Kali Ma!
[X] Make your way to the Second District in an attempt to seal the Keyhole early
->[X] See if you can capture some Heartless to eat. You still want to know what they taste like.

You begin your trip to the Second District. As you walk up the stairs and around the accessory shop, you begin wondering if you could lock the Keyhole early, and push the door open.

The Second District is quiet, until you hear a scream. It's a woman, and you also hear a familiar clacking. The woman tries running faster, but a Soldier Heartless is upon her in seconds, pulling a heart right out of her chest. It's like the ones in the games, but that still doesn't make it as terrifying!

It holds the heart for a few seconds... then crushes it in its hand.

"She's vanishing?!" you exclaim, the woman fading away. The Soldier turns to you, and stares... until you attack it till it's stunned, where you give it a tiny lick.

Ew... it tastes metallic. You instantly finish off the Soldier, before going to the fountain that you know the Keyhole's located. You hear deeper clacking approaching from behind.

[] Write-in

You have successfully tasted a Soldier.

Traverse Town: Squall Leonhart
[X] Turn around and put your guard up for a fight
-[X] Afterwards, Box the keyhole with 4 drawings - a Nobody sigil, a Heartless broken heart symbol, an Unversed symbol, and the Keyblade wielder mark - and put a Chi where the keyhole will appear
- [X] After that, seal the keyhole

You turn around, with your guard up. It's...

Oh, shit.

The Dual Blade's eyes gleam in anticipation, ready to feast on your heart. Its blue armor shone from the moonlight, and you can see just how sharp its arms are. And the blood on them.

It makes a metallic echo, almost like a laugh, raises its blade, and charges. Until you hear the sound of gunfire, and see bullets go towards chinks in the knight's armor. Then comes... a shuriken? The shuriken glows purple, and slices at the knight's chest.

The Dual Blade makes more sounds, but then it suddenly is crossing blades with Squall Leonhart himself. "Kisaragi!" Squall shouts, parrying the knight Heartless's arm/sword. "Get the kid to safety! Aerith is- dammit!"

"C'mon," you hear a female voice say, before you see Yuffie Kisaragi ushering you towards the stairs. You follow her into the hotel, where she takes you to the room you wake up where you're normally defeated by Leon.

Yuffie sits down at the table. "You actually licked that Soldier? Gutsy, true... but-"

More gunfire outside, but this time it sounds like a blaster, too.

You see a man with an eyepatch briefly, before he vanishes into a dark corridor. "As if that would've worked."

[] Slep
[] Talk to Yuffie
[] Help Squall, then resume to attempting to lock the Keyhole.
[] Write-in

Traverse Town: Turning the Key
[x] Help Squall, then resume to attempting to lock the Keyhole.

"Sorry Yuffie!" you tell the ninja, running out of the hotel. You run back out into the Second District. Outside, Squall is still fighting the Dual Blade, and you arrive, brandishing Kingdom Key.

The Dual Blade charges at you, and you notice the many dents and chinks on the Heartless' armor. You parry the Dual Blade's strike, and attack one of the gaps in its armor while it's down. You keep attacking, until the knight falls, releasing a heart.

"Leon," you say, looking up at the Gizmo Shop. "We need to ring that bell, but there's a wooden barricade in the way."

You then run up the stairs and into the Gizmo Shop, where you pass through all the contraptions and run to the ladder, climbing up to the roof. There, you see the barricade.

Squall climbs up after you, and the Revolver glows. You begin attacking the barricade with the Keyblade, with Squall beside you. He attacks as well, until the wood shatters.

You then run to the rope, and ring the Gizmo Shop's bell, three times. Down below in the plaza, you watch the fountain change from flowers to butterflies, and the Keyhole appears. With that, you climb back down the ladder and run to the fountain.

In front of the fountain, you get out the Keyblade and point it at the Keyhole. A beam shoots out of the tip of the Kingdom Key and enters the Keyhole, which begins glowing.

And with a click, Traverse Town's Keyhole is locked as the mosaic on the fountain returns to a butterfly pattern... until you see purple claws appear in the sky, floating towards the First District from the Third District's side.

"That Heartless... it's flown into a berserk rage! If it reaches the First District, it would be disastrous!" Squall says, running towards the Third District.

The dark corridor opens again as the eyepatched man grins.

[] Go to the Third District.
[] Write-in

It isn't Traverse Town without a fight against Guard Armor.

Traverse Town: The Third District
[X] Go to the Third District.
->[x] Try to focus on enhancing your speed while rushing there. Maybe the Keyblade will respond.

You run towards the Third District, focusing on enhancing your speed. Nothing happens, but you feel the Keyblade glow for a second, but not green. You enter the Third District, and run into the plaza with its famous Lady and the Tramp fountain, red flags, and neon star.

But then the place goes silent, as you see a man in a black cloak approach you.

"Hey, kiddo," the hooded man says, his guns vanishing.

Braig?!

You recognize the voice instantly. "Xigbar? Let me guess, you're here to kill me?"

He feels empty. A shell.

Xigbar takes off his hood. "As if. I was only stopping in this world for a short while. And I'm surprised you know my name."

"Then what are you doing here?" you ask. A Soldier appears, and Xigbar destroys it almost instantly. The Freeshooter smirked.

"I was sent here to eliminate that Dual Blade, but you helped destroy it for me, kiddo."

You're silent. "And what about the Keyblade?"

Xigbar smirks. "You really want me to spill the beans? That's no fun."

He looks up. "Looks like we have company." He backs away from you. "Alrighty, kid! Show me how you're doing on your road to becoming a master!" Xigbar exclaims, backing into a side street. Then the Freeshooter's barrier fades.

Then the barricades rise up around the plaza, and Donald and Goofy fall up on top of you. "The key!" they both say, as you get up. You all look up again.

Purple gauntlets, legs, and a torso fall from the night sky. First the gauntlets attach to the torso, then the legs. The Heartless slams to the ground, followed by a purple knight's helmet landing on top of the torso.

You see Xigbar, standing on the Third District's wall.
"Big deal, Zexion. He knows my name. Is he really that big of a threat to the Organization?"

"Why else do you think Xemnas-"

"We'll talk about it at the castle."

ANIMATED ARMOR
Guard Armor

[] Write-in a battle strategy.

Traverse Town: Guard Armor (1)
[X] Strike Raid: Focus on hitting multiple limbs at once.
-> [x] Focus on taking out the limbs first
-> [x] Watch out for the AoE attacks. You really don't wanna risk getting hit by those sharp gauntlets.

Guard Armor immediately goes on the offensive, and so do you. Donald shoots a Fire spell at the automaton, before it spins its gauntlets. You run towards where you can line up its limbs, and do a Strike Raid, hitting both its legs.

Keep it up! You're doing good so far.

The giant Heartless spins its gauntlets again, giving you a small scratch, but knocking Goofy into a wall. Goofy drinks a Potion, before you do another Strike Raid from the fountain. Guard Armor turns towards you, and you run to the other side of the plaza, where it fires a gauntlet.

At that, you begin attacking the gauntlet, until Guard Armor's body parts reassemble. All of them then disassemble, and fly through the air towards you. You run from this attack, and Guard Armor's body slams into the ground, where its helmet falls off.

Guard Armor's gauntlets then begin searching for its lost head, and you, Donald, and Goofy begin attacking the helmet. Soon, the gauntlets grab the helmet and place it back on the torso, which begins floating inertly while the head is surrounded by electricity, making it impervious to attacks.

The legs and gauntlets then detach from Guard Armor, where they float towards the three of you. You use the opportunity to do a Strike Raid on the legs again, which then begin stomping towards you. The legs get closer and closer, and you gulp before going in with the Keyblade, attacking the legs.

You soon break one leg into pieces, and then the other.

I must admit, that kind of impressed me.

The gauntlets then return to Guard Armor, and it floats towards you, its intent clear.

[] Write-in

Managed to get this out early. Now I'm going to bed.

Traverse Town: Guard Armor (Part 2)
X] Use feints: Run at it like you're going to attack, but leap back when it tries to attack you. Strike at the gauntlets whenever you have the chance. Play the dodging game.
->[x] While its attention is on you. Tell the other two to attack it.
-->[x] If its attention moves to one of them instead. Rush it and attack it with all you have.

Seeing Guard Armor's pursuit, you run at it as if you're going to attack it, but when it gets ready to spin its gauntlets, you leap back. It then fires a gauntlet at you, but Goofy jumps in front of you, blocking it with his shield. "Let's get him!" he says, you and him tag-teaming the gauntlet.

Soon, the gauntlet shares its fate with the legs. "Alright!" you tell him. "I'll distract it, while you and your friend attack the other gauntlet!" Goofy nods, before looking at Donald and telling him just that.

"Hey, ugly!" you yell at Guard Armor, who turns away from Goofy and at you. "Come and get me!" The Heartless clenches the fist of its remaining gauntlet. It's mad. Guard Armor comes floating at you, but when you try feinting again, it shoots its gauntlet at you instead of spinning. The gauntlet hits you right in the chest, knocking you towards the fountain. You get up. Nothing broken, but holy crap, that hurt.

Hey, you OK?

"I'm fine," you tell Ven. Just then, a Fire spell and Goofy's shield whack the gauntlet, breaking it to pieces.

"Heal!" Donald shouts as you feel the pain from Guard Armor's punch numb, and begin going away.

All that's left is the torso and helmet, and it begins spinning around, going right towards you when you parry the attack, knocking Guard Armor to the ground as the helmet falls off. You attack the helmet with newfound strength, Donald and Goofy assisting you. It then floats up, as the bottom of the torso begins violently glowing.

Energy begins charging up where it's going to shoot, but you attack Guard Armor with everything you've got, with as much ferocity as your second battle with Darkside. You then knock it towards the air, so the Heartless shoots its laser into the sky.

You look at Goofy, and say two words.

"Launch me."

Goofy gulps, and points his shield in the air. You jump on top of the shield, and he launches you up in the air using it. You get next to Guard Armor as it falls, and you swing the Keyblade downwards, making it go hurdling down to the Third District below.

It slams against the pavement, cracking it. Guard Armor then floats up, on its figurative last legs. It starts spinning. It wants to go down fighting, huh? You see Squall reaching the plaza's overlook, practically covered in Heartless... but somehow still kicking.

[] Write-in strategy (will destroy Guard Armor)

Yep, this Guard Armor is a composite of its appearances in KH1 and 358/2 Days. Since the Dual Blade was what was defeated before you sealed the Keyhole, I also gave it some of Opposite Armor's abilities.

Traverse Town: Guard Armor Defeated
[x] Block its attack.
[x] "Let's finish it together!"
-[x] Combination attack with Goofy and Donald.
--[x] Then hurry to assist Leon with Goofy and Donald in tow

Guard Armor spins closer and closer to you, but you hold up the Keyblade, parrying its attack. "Let's finish it together!" you exclaim, before you, Goofy, and Donald attack the Heartless in unison. Guard Armor goes still.

The giant Heartless shakes, until it explodes, sending a shining heart up into the night sky. The barricades around the plaza lower, and you hurry up to the overlook, Donald and Goofy in tow. You slice through the Soldiers while Donald's Fire spell destroys more Shadows, complimenting Goofy's respective attacks. After that, the plaza finally goes silent.

You walk back down to where you fought Guard Armor, and you look at Donald and Goofy. "Let me guess: You were looking for me, weren't you?"

They both nodded with an "uh-huh."

"They have been searching for the wielder of the Keyblade," says a female voice. You see Yuffie enter the plaza, accompanying an injured Aerith Gainsborough. You notice the cast on her right arm, along with bandages. Yuffie nods at Aerith's words.

Goofy speaks up. "Hey, why don't you come with us? We can go to other worlds on our vessel," he offers. You decide to play along, and pretending you don't know, you say...

"Will I be able to find Riku and Kairi?"

"Of course," Donald answers. You remember this scene, and know that he's lying. He and Goofy whisper something to each other, before Squall steps forward.

"Sora, go with them," he says, looking at Aerith quickly. "Especially if you want to find your friends." Well technically, you'd need their help to achieve your goals, like rescuing Aqua.

"Sure, why not," you tell Donald and Goofy. "Should be fun." You smile, knowing you're slowly getting closer, one step at a time.

"Hey, you seem happy already!" Donald comments. "I would've told you no sad faces, but I guess that's not needed anymore! After all, this boat runs on happy faces!"

"Well then," you say, "I'll go with you two."

"Donald Duck."

"Name's Goofy!"

"I'm Sora," you say. Even though you're not technically him, might as well keep up the façade. You do that "all for one and one for all" thing, then you see Aerith walk forward, and she nods to Squall.

"Yuffie? Goofy? Donald?" Squall asks. "Aerith needs to see Sora alone." The four of them go through the door to the First District, leaving you with her.

"You're not what you seem," Aerith says. "Correct?"

[] Write-in

Also, choices for the next world to visit. Needs votes for that, too.

[] Wonderland
[] Olympus Coliseum

Traverse Town: The Flower Girl
[X] "That's right. But how could you tell? You're not the first to recognize that."
->[x] Check the surroundings to make sure no one is listening in.
-->[x] Tell her you have knowledge you shouldn't have, including events the future, but you're not sure how reliable they are since events have already changed. But you still intend to change things so they don't end up as bad.

-->[x] If she's curious about who figured you out first, tell her it was Ansem the Wise's apprentice who betrayed him and took his name.

"That's right," you reply. "But how could you tell? You're not the first to recognize that."

"I sense things I shouldn't," she tells you. "And who was the first?"

You look around, making sure no one is watching, then turn to Aerith. "Xehanort," you say, the name being like poison. "The apprentice of Ansem the Wise, who betrayed him and took his name," you explain. "Xehanort knew who I was without me telling him."

Aerith repeats the name, testing it. "I have knowledge I shouldn't, including events in the future. But I'm not sure how reliable they are, since things have changed," you continue. "But..." you gulp.

"I intend to change things so they don't end up as bad," you tell her. "I'll stop Maleficent. I'll stop Xehanort. And I'll save the three lost Keyblade wielders."

"What about the Keyholes?" Aerith asks. "Leon told me about how you sealed Traverse Town's, but are you going to seal the rest?"

"Of course," you say. Aerith nods.

[] Return to the First District
[] Keep talking
[] Write-in

Traverse Town: Denied
[X] Keep talking
-[X] "Do you remember Radiant Garden?"
-[X]"Think you could teach me how to cure myself?"

You think for a second, and look at Aerith. "Do you remember Radiant Garden?" you ask.

"Radiant Garden?" repeats Aerith. "No... all I remember is Hollow Bastion. That was the name of the world when Maleficent overtook it."

"No, what I mean is this," you say. "Before it was known as Hollow Bastion. The city surrounding the castle." Aerith's silent.

The memory of her world's true name, lost. How quaint.

You sigh, and decide to change the subject. "Can you teach me how to cure myself?" you ask.

Aerith gives you a look. "Do you know any other magic?" she responds. "You probably can see that you'll get some in the future... but still, do you see me teaching you it?"

You nod. "Yes, but not for awhile," you say, trying to get her to teach you Cure now.

"Then when the time comes, I'll teach you some of the healing arts," Aerith tells you. Dammit. You don't notice the flash of green fire.

[] Go to the First District
[] Keep talking
[] Write-in

Back