Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
Clearly, they were locked behind the Library's copying restrictions that had kept us away from the Eonir's most closely-guarded secrets. Until now.

I took me an upsettingly long time to find thee romance section, cause it's the one book group in her character sheet instead of the library. Mathilde is clearly a selfish coward and I am disgusted.
Look, if she puts them in the Library, then they won't be available for Mathilde to read without traversing a whole mountain. That's too much effort.

A thought I've been meaning to share with the thread. One of the many legends on how Ranald "ascended" to godhood is that he made Morr smile. We know that both Ranald and Shallya are married. How much you wanna bet that making Morr smile was actually an engagement challenge that Ranald had to complete for Shallya's hand? I find the idea of Ranald making a real event known to the Empire, but not the context surrounding it, just to muddle the truth very in character for him.

A thought I've been meaning to share with the thread. One of the many legends on how Ranald "ascended" to godhood is that he made Morr smile. We know that both Ranald and Shallya are married. How much you wanna bet that making Morr smile was actually an engagement challenge that Ranald had to complete for Shallya's hand? I find the idea of Ranald making a real event known to the Empire, but not the context surrounding it, just to muddle the truth very in character for him.
...I'm going to paraphrase the narration on the latest update and say that that rings no less true than other stories of Ranald. I'm going to accept it as true, or plausible enough that for purposes of a being that is quite literally lives in the world of ideas, it may as well be true.

...I'm going to paraphrase the narration on the latest update and say that that rings no less true than other stories of Ranald. I'm going to accept it as true, or plausible enough that for purposes of a being that is quite literally lives in the world of ideas, it may as well be true.
I see. Well, I'm certain that, at the very least, he made Morr smile. The how and why are up in the air, but what matters is that it happened and was important.

Thank you for replying.

We have Extensive Eonir Romance (so a +2) and the basic non-extensive Eonir Overly Vulgar Romance (a mere +1). I'm not sure exactly when they were obtained.
They were obtained as a freebie as part of Turn 36's book purchases - they showed up quietly when Turn 37 came around. Although Eonir romance books wasn't part of the vote, it had been mentioned in discussion at various points and was probably given as a Christmas gift. This was our library contents right before the T36 purchases which didn't have Eonir romance yet.

To someone who is not a connoisseuse, it's a book on cobbling.
To Mathilde, probably the most widely read romance novel enthusiast in the world, ALL IS REVEALED.
Ooo, that gives me an idea for what to do after the Waystone Project: ALL THE ROMANCE. Journey to far Cathey to raid the emperor's library. Plunder Nehekkaran tombs and toss back anything that isn't sexy. Bring down the lizardmen so we can search their golden tablets for the legendary Smut of the Old Ones.

The more I think about it, the more I think that if we go on elfternship next turn, it would be nice if we could somehow bring Eike with us to the shadow elves. She'd probably learn a ton in terms of magical potency, especially if it ends up being a mini-adventure it would be nice to have her as a character (and she'd probably get a nice buff at the end provided she survives).

I mean, we do have the Seed of Rebirth as a failsafe and the trip is meant as a learning opportunity. Perhaps we could buy Eike a few magic items to ensure her survival.

EDIT :

Hmm a + 11 bonus in Romance you say, how could we use that I wonder?

[ ] Write a book : Romance novella (The adventures of MAGDA WESSEN)

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more I think that if we go on elfternship next turn, it would be nice if we could somehow bring Eike with us to the shadow elves. She'd probably learn a ton in terms of magical potency, especially if it ends up being a mini-adventure it would be nice to have her as a character (and she'd probably get a nice buff at the end provided she survives).

I mean, we do have the Seed of Rebirth as a failsafe and the trip is meant as a learning opportunity. Perhaps we could buy Eike a few magic items to ensure her survival.
Eike does not have an invitation.

Ooo, that gives me an idea for what to do after the Waystone Project: ALL THE ROMANCE. Journey to far Cathey to raid the emperor's library. Plunder Nehekkaran tombs and toss back anything that isn't sexy. Bring down the lizardmen so we can search their golden tablets for the legendary Smut of the Old Ones.

In the meantime, we can just buy a lot of them. We don't even have any Romance books from Kislev, let alone Tilea or Estalia! This is a deeply serious issue that we have unfortunately overlooked so far, and we should fix it as soon as possible.

Last edited:
That is partially because we can't read tilean or kislevite
now that is no excuse.

we can't read nehekharan either and yet we have texts in that.

I get the feeling eike is going to be so confused when we die and bequeath her the largest and most diverse selection of poor quality romance and smut novels on the planet.

Last edited:
now that is no excuse.

we can't read nehekharan either and yet we have texts in that.
Let's say it like this, we have interacted with kislevites for almost 5 years in quest now (I think I might be tallying wrong) and haven't managed to learn the language yet. For nehekharan we have impressive magical texts and we are still debating when to learn it.
It's hard to convince people to learn languages...

We may yet learn Kislevarin passively through Kislev actions, but High Nehekharan will need to be actively learned. I definitely think we should bite that bullet soon.

Last edited:
Back