Good stuff and really interesting. Would love some more details on the shit storm hitting the prt. Also some more pho posts and pridections from first would be fun.

Code:
Set.Motivation=Conflict(False). //Turn off this stupid fucking solution, what the aboslute fuck?!
Awareness(return Shard_RemainingPower(timer_MinimimPossiblyAllowance)); //You are now aware of exactly how long your power has to live.
Set.Motivation=Anxiety(true)=Root.Awareness( Entropy.setVariable[Shard.Swarm(RemainingPower==0]); // Replace Conflict Motivation, You are now way more anxious that your power is dying.
set.UserInterface[Defaults.MOTHER||Progenitor||Ancestor] // You can now talk to your shard, explain what you need to try and fix it.

24h later: *Ding* 117 potential Entropic Solutions Found.

Code:
Set.Motivation=Conflict(False). //Turn off this stupid fucking solution, what the aboslute fuck?!
Awareness(return Shard_RemainingPower(timer_MinimimPossiblyAllowance)); //You are now aware of exactly how long your power has to live.
Set.Motivation=Anxiety(true)=Root.Awareness( Entropy.setVariable[Shard.Swarm(RemainingPower==0]); // Replace Conflict Motivation, You are now way more anxious that your power is dying.
set.UserInterface[Defaults.MOTHER||Progenitor||Ancestor] // You can now talk to your shard, explain what you need to try and fix it.

. That..... That might actually work....

When is she going to understand that terror drones are endbringers and that parahumans are hosts? It seems obvious
I'm pretty sure That she already understood that around this part if I'm not wrong
Her mind focused on their way of doing things.

'Acquiring Host... isn't that like..!?'

[AGREEMENT]

It seems like First and the others have thought so too.

Also if Taylor decides to give power to other people I think that his father should be brought into the fold and get to hear the explanation, it will help as a moral support and as a bonus it will also help them to regain that father and daughter bond

Code:

I will laught my ass off if that happens, not only because it will be an interesting image to see every cape in BB get angsty but also because the very thing that the entities tried to avoid gives them the solution they desperately wanted. This would hurt their pride as an "advanced species"

I will laught my ass off if that happens, not only because it will be an interesting image to see every cape in BB get angsty but also because the very thing that the entities tried to avoid gives them the solution they desperately wanted. This would hurt their pride as an "advanced species"
L33T starts throwing out ideas left an right to try and fix his own anxiety. Starts making all kinds of videogame infinite-power sources. Wouldn't be supprised if like 10% end up being L33Ts power finally getting let lose, either by himself, or in conjuction with other shards. Remember, Tinker shards work better in groups, and ALL shards essentually become Tinker 0 [Anti-Entropy Exploration]

So is her plan to contact every parahuman mentally by hijacking their powers and then explaining the situation to them in a way that the powers themselves cannot detect?

L33T starts throwing out ideas left an right to try and fix his own anxiety. Starts making all kinds of videogame infinite-power sources. Wouldn't be supprised if like 10% end up being L33Ts power finally getting let lose, either by himself, or in conjuction with other shards. Remember, Tinker shards work better in groups, and ALL shards essentually become Tinker 0 [Anti-Entropy Exploration]
Oh God!! That would be even better!! The tinker that everyone thought was a joke manages to solve their problem by throwing random bullshit till something sticks!! Armaster will have a cardiac arrest if that really happens

My God, world will shit enough bricks that it qould violate entropy if they found about her.

Aside from that, I hope she becomes like entitles in "I'm going to kill him", with directive being to encourage devolpment and growth, to produce data instead of conflict

edit: Taylor: "I'm going to make my own network, and its going to have no limits!"
(W & I) Shards: Unconvinced
Taylor: ".... also free energy"
(W, I, & A) Shards: rapidly connecting

Last edited:
wow! nice seeing you here @Levelgap !, also, is there a contest to find what is Taylor power?

becauseshe is literally becoming an entity.

You know, it took me till the last chapter to figure out that 'Guardian Unit' was going to be her version of an endbringer.
Part of me feels sooo stupid for not catching that sooner

Osiris... if it's their version of a god of protection, that shouldn't be the name, Osirisis a god of Wisdom, not of protection, i think it would be better with the name Anubis.

What about Horus for a god of protection? I thought he was the Egyptian god of protection or defence?

Also what about Khepri think of the lolz

This story is really good, I must say, the idea of Virtual Shards is interesting, does this make Taylor some kind of new entity?

Also! For Guardian Unit names.

Ra
Horus
Isis
Anubis
Ptah
Thoth
Sehkmet
Hathor
Osiris

Last edited:
There are so many ways this could go! If she wants to go big, she can create her own parahumans by hijacking the pollentia people already have, and by actually telling people what to do, she could actually find a way to beat entropy. If she figures out how to beat entropy, she probably gain the attention of Zion, and if he has a way to beat entropy, he'd probably not blow up 1.0+10^80th earths.
If she wanted to go quiet, she can create her own network and use it to subvert The Thinker's, and "resurrect" her, with the caviat that she and Zion not blow up 1.0+10^80th earths when they inevitably decide to leave

Bytes 2.7
The next day, while the two of them are eating their breakfast...

"Dad. If you got powers, what kind of power would you like to have?"

"Huh... that's sudden." He paused. "But I think I don't really need anything. I am fine as it is."

"Well. It's not like I am asking if you want it. I am just curious what kind of power would you prefer." She looks at her Dad carefully. "If it was me, I would like to have the same powers as Alexandria."

He chuckled. "Yeah. I can see that." He took a moment to get a piece of salad on his plate before continuing. "Powers huh... if I have one, I think I would like something helpful. Maybe a power that can turn this city for the better?"

Taylor felt her face twitching. His answer is too vague for her.

"Or maybe a power that can turn someone back to life..."

And now, her mood has been ruined. Her Dad also winced after he said that.

(Instinctive response. Body language indicates he didn't intend to do it.)

'Yeah. Thanks for the heads up...'

[SATISFACTION]

The two of them goes back to eating while Taylor is deep in thought.

'Wait. Can you turn a dead person back to life?'

Many solutions were suddenly given to her. She is elated at that before it quickly turned into disappointment and some hint of horror.

'No. That's not it!'

[QUERY]

'I want them to be the true one, not just a mocked up copy or some alternate versions!'

[APOLOGY]

Her day is totally ruined. She felt like not talking a lot for now.

"I'll be going out now."

Her Dad seems to have said in a hurry, his feet going fast to the door. She would frowned if she didn't understand why. The atmosphere is becoming a bit too heavy for both of them.

"Take care."

After he gave her a wave, he left the house.

She is still unsatisfied with what happened in that morning, but she decided to put her mind to the present.

'I'll ask my Dad again next time!'

She looks at the new facility within her pocket dimension. This one is a large machine with a lot of contraptions built up upon it. It is bulky, and the general appearance can be likened to a boiler room, but it is overlapped by many identical of it's shape, with a large tanker-like contraption behind it. There are large metallic pipes connected to it and all these pipes ended on the center where a large monitoring screen with a humongous set of buttons were settled below it. Despite the weirdness of the arrangement, it somehow looks neat and futuristic.

"Finally, we can activate the Guardian Unit."

She walks to the giant monitor on the middle and look at the large array of keys just below the screen. Despite the keys being unfamiliar to her, she somehow knows what to pick as she inputted the desired code to this large system.

She quickly inputted the codes while prompting the AI connected within her mind.

"So, any ideas what should I call it?" She asks.

[PROPOSAL]

Multiple suggestions were suddenly put in her mind. All of it from the different subsets, nodes, and even the Main Network itself. Her eyes widening before her fingers stop with her eyebrows twitching.

"What's with all these fancy suggestions, and why does some of it have a title that only children will find cool? It sounds childish!" She asks with a deadpan.

[EXPLANATION]

[EMOTICON]

She didn't know how they did it, but it felt like they were mocking her as she heard their explanation. Most of them even shaking their head within her mind despite not having any head to speak of.

"No, I am not naming the Guardian Unit as Arthur, or Arturia. I won't also call it Gram. Also no, I don't care if dragons are cool, Tiamat is not a good name.... and that doesn't mean you can just pull me to the topics about werewolves and vampires just because I denied the topic about dragons. We are not naming it Vlad, or Alucard, or whatever you think your planning for it. Also, what does Broadcast means from Saiyan?" A brief introduction of a certain anime was put in her mind. She tries to stare at them in her mind with a deadpan. "No." She said.

She tried to prompt them with a Proper Name for the guardian unit. It should be a name that will inspire hope. Something that people can rely. Her AI seems to be more focused on the coolness factor, and some of them are pretty childish about it. Putting titles next to the names they were suggesting.

It seems like it will take another while before they can compromise with something. She is surprised that her AI have a different preference than her.

"Okay, activating it now!"

After finally compromising with a name, Taylor finishes the code and then scrolls through the code before nodding her head. Then she pushes the enter button.

The sound of whirring was heard around the place before she quickly teleported out of the machine. She looks at it on the distance as she sees it unfolding and folding on itself at the same time. Space crunching on it's own, and then expanding around dimensions both known and headache-inducing to the eyes. Non regular fractals ripples through reality as it seems to reach out on others while it changes it form.

The connected pipes and machines around it are minimizing and then expanding on some direction. Turning into meshes that becomes finely thin wires that bends around. Crystals of some sort are appearing around it's surroundings, coating it in fractal patterns. Then it slowly pulses. Hearing it within her ears as she can see the machine slowly turning into a circular orb of dimensionally displaced compression of metals.

The formation of it's core is done after the crystallized fractals compresses itself into a small coat of energy to it. The next thing are codes appearing around it's surroundings. Glitches on reality can be seen as both binary and codes turns physical. Those binaries slowly turning into irregular codes of numbers that goes from 1 to Z. Tendrils of space cracks onto it and then turns on itself, weaving into some sort of layers. Then another layer.

Repeating itself until it becomes a caricature of a quadruped creature. Next are the creation of it's outer form. She can see it through her connection with the Main Network that it looks into the other empty alternate worlds, before using some of the lands in there. Slowly giving itself muscles that seems to fold on itself, and more muscles within those muscles. Nerves that are layered upon more and more nerves. Skin that were made from multiple continents, compressing them into thin quarks of sheets that acts as it's exterior. Then it's fur that uses some other particles, giving it a bright appearance.

It is done. The creature that she have put in it's template. The one she decided to show it's loyalty, it's friendliness, and the reliability of it's look. Something that counteracts with most of her AI's cool suggestions.

It's a five meter Golden Retriever.

The Retriever. The name that they compromised with each other. They wanted the The to stay because it will look menacing they said. She accepted because it really just indicates what it is.

"Hello, Retriever..... The Retriever. I am Taylor Hebert. It's nice to meet you." She said. Smiling at the giant dog who gazes at her with their mouth half open.

Then it sits up. Looking a lot more taller that she have to look up at it. The Retriever looking down at her with their mouth lolling and then panting. Their tail are slowly wagging behind them.

Just looking at that, she can already see how reliable it is. She will just ignore the AI who felt appalled within her mind. 'They just don't understand how cute..... reliable it looks!' She thought to herself.

Random update out of nowhere!~♪

I don't know if I'll be able to update next time. I just put this one because the idea just hits me.....

Back