The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Well it depends, are you interested in Nilfgaard reforming itself into something better, or do you just want to see everything crash and burn.

(I actually do not know what happens if Radovid died and you don't bring Ciri back to Emhyr)

Well it depends, are you interested in Nilfgaard reforming itself into something better, or do you just want to see everything crash and burn.

(I actually do not know what happens if Radovid died and you don't bring Ciri back to Emhyr)

If you go through Radowid's assassination and don't side with Roche when Djikstra turns on the Temerian resistance (to be fair, from a Northmen perspective, Temerians had gone full Vichy at this point), Roche et al are killed, and Djikstra will eventually reveal himself to the public, and take over the effectively leaderless Redania as it's Chancellor.

If you didn't bring Ciri to Emhyr and Djikstra lives, Emhyr looses the war and is ultimately murdered, probably by the wealthy merchant guilds. Nilfgaard retreats, while Redanians chase them all the way to Jaruga river, absorbing every country as they go, forming the Northern Empire. Ultimately, Djikstra is described as laying down foundations for a strong and prosperous nation, though often through brutal means such as forcibly resettling people from various corners of the North to break local prejudices and solidify his rule. The world is ultimately divided between the "Blacks" and the "Reds".

Ciri gets to live in peace, leading a life of a Witcher. One of the game's ending scenes is in fact Geralt commissioning one of North's greatest swordsmiths to forge a new silver sword for her.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Interesting. I assume Ciri wants the Witcher life and not be under the man who tried to pull a Targeryan on her back in the books.

I'll think on this.

Speaking of, should I help Emhyr get Ciri back to him, even though I knew he tried to pull a Targeryen but repented, or stop him and bring Ciri back to Kaer Morhen?
I will say this; Emhyr has her interests in mind. That said, he has his own idea of what those interests are.

At the same time though, Ciri's wants are mutable. She can come to accept those interests if convinced.

>The battle of Kaer Morhen

Alright.

Ya.

Ya Sure.

Mass Effect 3 can go jump off a bridge.

This, THIS, is the best collection of allies. Not some galaxy ending fleet, but more smaller and intimate. A Hanse of individuals against a multi-dimensional army of Nazgul cosplaying Dark Elves.

This has to be one of the most intense and best segments, in a game I have played. Only the Four Kings on Dark Souls 1 and the Collector Invasion in Mass Effect 2 was this good.

And this has been out since 2015

WHY HAVENT I PLAYED THIS . TILL NOW

Alright.

Ya.

Ya Sure.

This, THIS, is the best collection of allies. Not some galaxy ending fleet, but more smaller and intimate. A Hanse of individuals against a multi-dimensional army of Nazgul cosplaying Dark Elves.

This has to be one of the most intense and best segments, in a game I have played. Only the Four Kings on Dark Souls 1 and the Collector Invasion in Mass Effect 2 was this good.

Man you should've been there pre-patch. There was a gargantuan bug with the story-give dimeritium bombs you use to seal the rifts where walking into the areas of effect would rapidly and repeatedly apply all your equipped mutagens as permanent buffs. Swordsman builds would oneshot everything, alchemy builds would become unkillable and Sign builds (like mine) would get so much Sign Intensity that Yrden becomes a full-blown ZA WARUDO.

Man you should've been there pre-patch. There was a gargantuan bug with the story-give dimeritium bombs you use to seal the rifts where walking into the areas of effect would rapidly and repeatedly apply all your equipped mutagens as permanent buffs. Swordsman builds would oneshot everything, alchemy builds would become unkillable and Sign builds (like mine) would get so much Sign Intensity that Yrden becomes a full-blown ZA WARUDO.
TOMARE TOKIO!

Heh, that sounds fun. Actually, the only issue I have with the game is that some quests are bugged. Like Brengar's Blade(?), and some Novigrad quest I failed because both of them were bugged.

Also, I really really hope Cyberpunk 77 is a stealth sequel to Witcher. and Witcher 4 has Ciri as our MC. She's a great character so far and Geralt's story I feel is going to end with 3.

Alright.

Ya.

Ya Sure.

Maybe my favorite part in the whole game is watching Hjalmar murder a wyld hunter and then leap into a rift while laughing.

Very much enjoyed seeing a full array of allies at Kaer Morhen. I did have some troubles with the 'Super crying' since high end tricks like that are kinda jarring in the Witcher world. I know there are portals for teleporting and crossing worlds but these should be 'Real big deals with according risk' Like oh boy you are on mercury right now aren't you? But I still really enjoyed it, Morhen was depressingly empty fterwards. If there was ever a Witcher 4, rebuilding the school might be a good goal.

finally rescued dandelion and can move on in the main plot.

Why I had to do 200 different quests to free him after learning where he was after the first two is beyond me.

It was just a little ridiculous when I went to Whoresons arena and killed everything in one or two hits.

Like the announcer was going " and now the Witcher will face the terrifying wyver... and it's dead."
To be fair, it's the third game and Geralt has been alive for a long long time. He knows how to cut a Wyvern into a cake.

Also, do you ever just stop whenever you're out in the wild. Look aorund, and just... take in the scenery?

So many awesome views.

Why I had to do 200 different quests to free him after learning where he was after the first two is beyond me.

Witcher 3's main story is structurally rather weird looking back. It's like a series of disconnected adventures of Geralt going around and getting into trouble with all these factions and monsters, but it's also strapped to a larger adventure with a clear goal and a sense of urgency. And sometimes those two facets of the game conflict in odd ways.

Though on the other hand, from my limited forays into them the books beyond the short stories are kinda exactly like that.

Witcher 3's main story is structurally rather weird looking back. It's like a series of disconnected adventures of Geralt going around and getting into trouble with all these factions and monsters, but it's also strapped to a larger adventure with a clear goal and a sense of urgency. And sometimes those two facets of the game conflict in odd ways.

Though on the other hand, from my limited forays into them the books beyond the short stories are kinda exactly like that.
All the short stories are connected by the common threads of "Ciri was here", "Ciri was involved with X, Y, and maybe Z", and "Geralt knowing A, B and C and giving them a hand". Considering this is the third game of a massive series that went from an obscure series of books to a shoddy Game 1, to finally a good Game 2, and one of the greatest games ever made in Game 3.

Back