Created at
Index progress
Complete
Watchers
Recent readers

Overlord tries to talk Acid Storm into taking a break from their research, and tries not to think about their own work, wanting instead for both of them to have a moment together...

Please note that this story includes an intimate make out scene that is sensual but stays in non-lewd pg-13 territory.

This was written for the 2022 Transformers Rare Pairing Fest! You can read about it on tumblr, and find our tumblr post of the story there. :3 This story was also posted to Ao3 by us on October 16th, 2022.

The spark lore mentioned here, while a self-contained version, draws on ideas we have that will eventually come up more in the Autosignet Cycle! : 3 You can check out our first story of it, Day of Multiflame, here on SV!
The Song of the Universe, and Two Hot Drinks

Pluralsword

Errant Circuit CPUs
Pronouns
She/Xey/They
I towered over the green flyer seated in their chair, just appreciating them for a moment. The flyer, Acid Storm, was inputting and edit numbers in tabs on their computer terminal and drag around the screen with their fingers, peering and grumbling at the molecular reactions that would play out when they hit the 'run' button, always exploding. My twofold sparks panged for them, warm in my waist and my chest, like the bronze-beryllium mixed energon drink I held in hand, mighty metals soft and vivacious. They're stressed out, poor dear. Maybe we can talk it over.

"Darling, do you never cease to work? If you take a break you might figure it out later," I patted their blocky right wing with my free hand before resting it there.
"I have to figure this out- I've got to know what the chemical process was for making the AllSpark! If I don't pull this together, the council-" they waffled through eight different voice registers high to low and full of timbre and/or melody while still staring at the screen before they stopped to sniff, and then turned to look up at me with their red optics wide on their gray face.

"Aw, Overliege, you knew I was focused huh, making my comfort drink- you even put iron cream on it, and I can smell zinc spice…" they reached out with a four fingered hand towards the tankard. "Thank you dear-"

"Would you join me in the living room? So you actually take a break, and I have some of this with you," I knelt my head, still meeting their optics with mine, watching their face's living metal plating waver between length of lines down the cheeks from their optics or no, various chin guard shapes, a hand of theirs holding their stubby black helm in thought before they settled on a robust chin guard, no cheek lines, and smiled at me.

"Okay, you're right, I should take a break, and spend some time with you, dear," They stood up, coming up to my waist height, and hugged me tightly, head under my slight chest. "I'm so worried. People think we need a particle accelerator to make an AllSpark, but I'm pretty sure the explanation is just, someone figured out how to tap into spark energy first, whether in this or another time. I think this was still from naturally occurring gears and pulleys, that our proto-ancestors wanted to remember and pass on a different way, it's not like there isn't evidence of Cybertron having non-spark life that was sapient, but if I can't prove this-"

I chuckled, wrapping one arm around them to hold their thrusters and central fuselage compartment on their back. "I know, I know. You've told me, Spark Singularity Theory. Just because people don't believe you and Swoop, Glyph, Percy, and Anode doesn't mean that you have to solve it by the time the meeting comes around. Gods know Anode's friends have taken longer to have sufficient arguments for their points, and people eventually listened, no?" I rubbed their back, slowly, and their hug loosened as they looked up at me, and laughed.

"I don't have the kind of patience it takes to get old and be a mentor by the time people listen to me, but you're right," Acid Storm chuckled, and I did too, while they reached up and held my chest before letting go, leaving me wishing we were curled up without worrying about schedules. If I get another call asking me to come in to handle filework on my vacation off- my frame tensed up, threatening to split into two to change modes and scurry away on wings and tank treads, far from societal expectations. If I have to sit down between Octane and Sunstreaker again to hear them exchange retorts over what Cohabitation and Transportation would be doing if their ideas held the support of the people and not good old Sureshock- I could practically smell Sunstreaker's holier-than-thou glare and Octane's foul low-grade energon mixes that kept him overclocked all day, in and out of work.

"Dear? You okay? Your optics glazed over," Acid-Storm waved their hand in front of my face.

"Oh, sorry," I took in a cycle of electricity across my circuits to anchor myself in the simple, chart and note covered room, and handed them the tankard. "Was thinking about my own attempts to escape my desk job I feel too much duty for."

"Sweetspark, don't worry about it, if the Department asks you to show up you've got every right to refuse. I know you care about Sureshock's vision, but," Acid Storm took a swig of the drink, and sighed. "Mm, this is good," they plopped a kiss on my central waist, besides my leftwards missile launcher tubes. "Come! If you made yourself some I don't want it to get cold." They dragged an arm across me there and headed for the door.

Still soothed and aglow from my Conjunx's kiss, I turned and followed, and we made our way to the living room outside of our study, where my own drink waited on the low gray metal table by the azure steel bench. Acid Storm moseyed over and sat down, and I joined them, reached out to my drink, and put an arm around them, and raised my tankard towards theirs.

"To getting a break with love, and to you, starlight," I grinned, exposing my fangs.

They clinked tankards with me, and winked. "To love and getting a break, and to you, lunabeam!"

We both took a swig. I murmured quietly at the warm, sweet and hot zincy flavor, the rich iron soft in my mouth. Then I lowered the tankard with an ah. "Wow, I really outdid myself."

"HA! You did, you deserve the self-complement, but I love you anyway," they snuggled up on me, head on the side of my chest. "I love you…"

"I love you too…" I gave their wing a squeeze, their other wing attempted to flap between the bench and my back, and they warbled softly, a lovely arc of sound that brought starry nights kissing together among the chimes of the Singing Lights of Binary City and the Helix Gardens of Praxus came to mind, back when we first started dating and travelled Cybertron together, all heady with passion.

"You always make such lovely sounds when we're close…" I felt my sparks warm again. "Always feel like the cosmos is singing to me through you."

"Aw that's so sweet, wait… the cosmos singing… that's it!" Acid Storm exclaimed and gulped down their drink after before smooching my plane bow shoulder. "What if- the missing component isn't a chemical, but sound? What if the ancients brought forth the AllSpark from spark-space in part with music? That's why the particles were responding to sonics…" They clambered onto my lap, looking up at my audial-to-audial stretched mouth. "Finish your drink so I can make out with you without interruption, you sappy Conjunx you. I don't have to worry about what you said now, but I know I'll have to call up Anode and some historians about archaeology on pre-spark songs… right now, I just want to share our adoration."

"Mmm," I let a hand rest on their cheek and swallowed down the rest of my tankard, my mouth and respective fuel intake all warm and abuzz from it, my sensors keen on more touch, and my mind… full of amazement. "You put thoughts together in such a beautiful way- and I love you for you even if not." I put the tankard down and leaned in cupping the sides of their helm in my hands, slowly closed my lips on theirs.

They did the same, and we found a harmony of kisses, opening and closing, heads turning, hands holding, moving about our upper torsos and out thighs with slow caresses and tight grips. Every time they rubbed, every time they held on, I quivered with joy, and they cooed with their changing voice every once in a while, when I touched them. I tuned out everything else but our sounds and touch, optics shut, hands moving to their back stacks and holding on firmly, keeping their face near, as I kept up my smooching on their delightful mouth.

They shivered, and left their mouth open, tongue poking out, and I met mine with theirs. We danced together a while with them, touching and holding atwirl, before one last long kiss, and then I moved my head back, looking at their beautiful upturned face, optics droopy.

"I think I'd like to find out what the song of the AllSpark is with you… and sing it with you too, as our sparks try to in all our life, nourishing each other," I nuzzled my head on theirs.

"That would be lovely… a real hot drink, that passion of yours in daily moments and these kisses," they clasped my chin with a hand, and we both cackled.

"Really? I'm a hot drink to you? A fluid, shall we say?" I poked their nose while my frame felt flush in the circuits, fitting well together. "Like you."

"Oh gods, I really walked into that trans pun huh?" Acid Storm let go of my chin and light laid lips my chest. "Overliege, you make me feel real…"

"Same to you, darling Acid Storm."

Back