The Owl House - Fic Ideas, Discussions, & Recommendations

It would be lovely if "the Silver raven" recieved just half of the attention than blazblue alternative : Remnant,since it would mean it would at least be updated more then every months at best.

Still, it would be nice if you could come comment of the SV thread of the story, it could allow actual discussion, it's boring to have no one to discuss with regarding a story.

Do you know others good Crossovers of TOH ?

As for your own, it seemed quite clumsy and the events happened too quickly IMO.

I actually liked the crossover Hell boiling point, jedi of the isles, transcendence

And for my story, I didn't know how to start it as well for the passing, a few advices would be useful.

I just don't like writting chapter under a thousand word (in fact I don't like the ones under thre thousands words) so I want a decent lenght and the plot, I wanted Itachi to start in the coven and his past being described bit by bit but I admit I'm unsure for the passing. I'm still hesitating between writting his job in the emperor's coven or directly enter canon.

So if you have any advices for me I would enjoy it.

I actually liked the crossover Hell boiling point, jedi of the isles, transcendence

And for my story, I didn't know how to start it as well for the passing, a few advices would be useful.

I just don't like writting chapter under a thousand word (in fact I don't like the ones under thre thousands words) so I want a decent lenght and the plot, I wanted Itachi to start in the coven and his past being described bit by bit but I admit I'm unsure for the passing. I'm still hesitating between writting his job in the emperor's coven or directly enter canon.

So if you have any advices for me I would enjoy it.

Well, i might be of help.

As for the thing with commenting on Silver Raven SV thread ?

Do you have Discord ?

Yes I have discord, and I thought I could answer on sv because of the time limit to leave a reply there
Well, commenting on the SV thread of "the Silver Raven" wouldn't be a issue, so i hope you will do it here, because i need to be able to have discussions about the story and i don't want the SV thread to die.

If you want me to help for the story, send me the Discord link (maybe in PM).

Bumpage from SB:

I note that there are a few Owl House/Marvel crossovers involving Luz Noceda and trying to reconcile her backstory to the latter setting. Let us go a bit earlier. Keeping Up A-fear-ances(S2E4) Cold Open earlier.

So we have young Edalyn Clawthorne. Can almost pass for human. Is a somewhat hotheaded and reckless juvenile delinquent by nature atop being a distinctly gifted wielder of her innate magic using far more disciplines than are thought permissible. She has a not remotely controllable curse transforming her into a feral winged predator the size of a small bear at unpredictable intervals.

And she has just found a door into the (early) Marvel Universe

O5 X-Men? Check. Young Spider Man? Check. The Hulk? Check. Doctor Freaking Strange? Check. Everyone that would notice dimensional incursions and stick their shout in for good or ill (esp. considering the Evil Wizard Tyrant on the other end)? Check.

Thoughts?

Hey guys, since Chapter 3 just dropped, thought I'd share with you a canon divergence AU fic I've been helping with:

The Vee House - Chapter 1 - Ildreibooklet - The Owl House (Cartoon) [Archive of Our Own]

An Archive of Our Own, a project of the Organization for Transformative Works
For those wondering, the basic premise is that the batteries Luz used to power the television were near dead and Eda got her to go back inside the tent for fresh ones, only to run into Vee when she had snuck in and - in the shock of the moment - stumbles through the open portal while Vee winds up accidentally taking Liz's place in canon with Eda.

We have quite a few plans for how Vee's much more cautious and timid approach to things compared to Luz would shake things up, and I hope you'll enjoy what we have in store!

Divergent, way more angsty/grimdark/traumatizing Ending to King's Tide:
The holding action against Belos is successful without the need to throw a Mad God into the mix. Luz lost her left hand in the scrimmage (note for the future, Fire Glyphs drawn in human blood can be extremely effective), however that is the only non-'decorative' permanent injury he inflicted among the kids facing him before succumbing to the draining spell and the Portal is even intact. King's fine, Raine's removal of Eda's right arm protected her from the feedback... this would generally be a win?

No. Philip pulled it off. Aside from those with the wit and means to sever the offending arm, every witch with a coven sigil now lies dead, and whatever Wild Witches still at large aside we are looking at a full-on Teenage Wasteland. Luz may have difficulty slotting back into her life in Gravesfield, but she can walk away. The question is if she can be convinced she has a right to.

Owl House: Amity wants to help Camilla as thanks for putting them up in her home, but this help at the animal clinic isn't exactly what she was expecting

Helping Out

"So what kind of venom does it spit?" Amity asked as she slowly brought the brush back and forth along the animal's back, pressing down against the stiff, bristly fur.

"It doesn't have any kind of venom," Camilla said soothingly as she lifted the hooves of the creature, one after the other. "And it doesn't have clinging webs or parasites that defend it or any of other things you've asked about for the last," she sighed softly, "ten animals."

"Then how does it survive?" Amity asked, narrowing her eyes as the four-legged creature stared right back at her with a smug look on its face as its jaw kept on moving.

"It's a goat, dear, it can survive pretty much anywhere there's anything organic," Camilla said, sounding faintly amused. "And there's the horns, of course."

"But those horns aren't razor sharp or have poison glands inside of them," Amity pointed out, tapping one of the curled horns as she spoke. "The most that it could do is run straight at you."

"Amity… do people on the Boiling Isles have petting zoos?" Camilla asked, stepping back from the goat and focusing her attention on Amity.

"Yes. I've been to one of them, when I was young," Amity said with a nod. "I signed all the waivers, wore all of the protective gear and had a great time. I even got to take home a quill after it lodged in my clothes."

"We're going to need to go on a trip to the zoo sometime," Camilla said, sounding depressed for some reason. "At any rate, I'd say Lucy here is ready to go and devour some more tin cans, aren't you girl?"

The creature made a very strange, impossible to describe sound and nodded. And then tried to eat Amity's sleeve.

Amity knew that Earth wildlife wasn't to be trusted!

OK, now that the show is over I do have a fusion crossover idea (big shock to anyone who's seen my work) that I don't plan to actually write and figured I'd post here to exorcise the plot bunny. Now, this is a bit of a deep cut since its in playtest but Abaddon of Kill Six Billion Demons and Lancer fame is putting together a new TTRPG inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics, Icon.

Now if you're wondering how this connects to anything, in Icon's backstory there was a race of "Titans" who are implied to be major figures of worship who were said to "hold up the pillars of the world" but were slain by a vast and horrific empire before said empire collapsed.
Good, we have our connecting point.

The Icons for which the game is named aren't really explained (they are still in playtest) beyond being said that they have been burdened with great power and great destiny.

Good, place where I can play.

So here we go. The Arken Empire, which we just discussed, was a vast evil empire that was founded by The Collectors (the implied far-more-genuinely-villainous siblings of the one we see) as a kind of plaything/instrument to attack the Titans with. Whether they ruled it in secret from the shadows or set themselves up as some kind of pantheon of gods or straight up god-kings is something I'm not going to bother to fiddle with. Well, they succeed in killing the Titans, as in both properties, but whether from apathy, foolishness, or hubris the empire collapses and the Collectors either abandon the Demon World or are sealed or otherwise defeated. The Titan Hunters were once an Imperial institution and are part of the small collection of Imperial leftovers that haunt the world since the collapse.

Now up to the Icons, in this fic the Icons would be those chosen by the Titans to be shown the glyphs, which they often forsake typical magic to use. Glyphlore would in turn be adapted into a dozen or more different disciplines. Bulwarks inscribe glyphs on their shields, Freelancers on their bullets and gauntlets, Spellblades on their swords, etc. This also cleanly explains the Icons ability to switch classes (cause FFT) as they would just need to learn the proper arrangement of glyphs and train in the specifics of the class to make the switch. The Icons, as in the game, aren't really an organization and are more a collection of individuals and small groups just kind of doing what they want while trying to live up to the responsibility the Titans have given them.

I worried about this implying some Chosen One shenanigans that Owl House specifically speaks against but I figured I'd do it Exalted style where the dead Titans chose Icons based on cool things they see them do. "To be chosen you have to be a person who chooses," kind of thing. This works out considering the show's finale.

As for the Boiling Isles and Belos' regime, Phillip knew he'd need to take out the Icons if he wanted to establish himself as "The One and Only Voice of the Titan" so he made them a very specific target of his larger campaign of provocation and slander. He always saved his most malicious and poisonous plans for the Boiling Isles' Icons. He was eventually able to force most of them to retreat from the Isles and exterminate the rest through strength of numbers. Since then, Icons are considered the worst kind of wild witch. Those who would use forbidden magics and claim to speak for the Titan to undermine and destroy Belos' holy order*. Since then, there's been attempts by (usually foreign) Icons to liberate the Isles tend to end in failure. Remember, Icons are not organized and its usually small teams trying a "behead the snake" strategy. They either fall to the legion of the Emperor's Coven or get completely blindsided by Phillip's own use of glyphs. No Icons ever consider that he might have knowledge of Glyphlore and the specific horrifying ways he's used the glyphs make him way too powerful and unpredictable for the small number that actually reach him.

And Phillip makes sure that no Icon who sees him lives to warn anyone else.

In the decades since, The Boiling Isles has gained the same general reputation as North Korea does in ours. A hermit kingdom ruled by a crazed dictator and his personality cult that might as well be a locked fortress as far as trying to liberate it goes. This isolation turns the Isles into a kind of backwater which furthers keeps people (and Icons in particular) away. Just how Phillip likes it.

The only other thing to say setting wise is I never quite figured out how to square Icon's fantasy races with Owl House's. Are Beastfolk and Xix forms of demon or are they something else? The only things I figured is that Throggs are demons who rose from Titan's blood and were chased out of the Isles by Belos' smear campaigns and the Wiches and Thrynn are the same thing and either Amity or Willow were born with the Thrynn's insect wings as a complicating factor to their lives**.

Now, to take my overly obsessed ass out of worldbuilding and talk about the actual plot, the beginning of the fic is pretty much the same as the show except that Eda is a hidden Icon whose mastered numerous Wright and Mendicant jobs. She's still plagued by the Owl Beast in spite of her "new" powers and she either started perceiving the glyphs when she first started living in resistance to Belos' rule or when she adopted King*****. Luz starts learning glyphs earlier when she gets King's crown for him****** and Eda takes her in to train her. From there I pretty much lose track of the thing except that the whole thing was going to be a mix of Owl House's Horror-Comedy and a dramatic shonen battle manga and if there's anything I think would make bringing this idea to life hard is trying to balance those to without turning it entirely to parody or losing OH's humor.

Anyway, there you go if you want to adopt it. Now I'm going to never think about this again.

*Philip, being the kind of asshole he is, laughs his ass off about this when he's alone.
**Thrynn born with wings are seen as blessed with fortune and high destiny but Belos seems like the kind of asshole who'd kill that idea and make the wings a mark of disdain so its either something contributing to Willow's outsider status or yet another something Amity is forced to hide to keep up appearances.***
***Thinking about it now, I like the latter cause it lets me semi-parody wing fic in a way I think works with something so fandom conscious like Owl House. Picturing Luz living out her wildest romance fanfic dreams is making me laugh.
**** Luz: But Amity, your wings are beautiful! Amity: Goes full tomato-face while her bug wings go crazy enough to get her inches off the ground.
*****"Adopting my son, that's a glyph. Giving him a piggy back ride, that's another glyph."
******"Getting my son's toy crown back, that's a glyph."

Okay, this is also to help revive the thread a bit, but I finally updated my Devil May Cry/Owl House crossover, The Silver Raven, with Chapter 20: Phantoms from the Past

This one wound up being a VERY long one. Long and short of it is that it's another Devil May Cry boss battle. Also ended up being a lot more emotionally heavy than I was expecting, but I'm overall happy with how it turned out.

If anyone here would like to, please give the chapter a read and let me know how it looks in the fic's thread.

another idea is that when Luz is about to be born, her mother gets attacked by a hollow but manages to survive albeit contaminated by the Hollows essence. So later on Luz becomes a fullbringer, unfortunately I don't know what object best suits her. To any bleach fan out their what would best suit her?
This👇🏼 is a comment I've been wanting to put on here for a while now.

It would have to be her Azura book, since it's the object she has the strongest bond with, anything else just wouldn't really fit. How the powers would manifest from a book fullbring would certainly be interesting if nothing else. The book fullbring would probably operate similarly to the video game and dollhouse fullbrings, being able to drag others into a world of their creation that they can manipulate. I can only imagine how her fullbringer powers would evolve after bonding with her palismen, if she goes to the Boiling Isles in this fanfic.

I was imagining it basically being the same as that episode all the time, making the star redundant with her fullbring, but adding the versatility of being able to pull things out of other books.
She would probably still get some kind of a boost out of it, less energy to manifest her ability, longer duration of her ability, less strain, etc., etc.

Last edited:
Back