This is just the first week, and we are not even close to being in danger-land yet. There are no wounded. I prefer discussing with the artillery people to being in the infirmary zone that has no one to treat.

This is just the first week, and we are not even close to being in danger-land yet. There are no wounded. I prefer discussing with the artillery people to being in the infirmary zone that has no one to treat.
While it's not my favorite, it could still be useful for the logistics side or possibly teaching the medics how to actually do their job.

Keeping appropriate scale in mind, and direction is important. Especially when planning a story.
This is actually why I want to do this. This is the first quest for me that has been so story-driven and lasted this long, so I have absolutely no experience planning a story for a length like this. I have a general direction and mojor goals of story, but I need to think about more immediate issues for a few turns that you can do.

[X] - You will write a couple of letters to Jade College. One directly for Maria, and the other for the College itself, to find out how she settled in her new place and how she lives there. You'll probably also ask her how to understand some of the terms in her book.
[X] - You will send an ingot of the metal you created to Karak Kadrin to ask the mountain dwarves if they know a metal with similar properties and if they themselves have ever managed to create something similar. This will give you more insight into the possibilities of using the material.
[X] - You would like to write to the Colleges in general, seeking more information regarding the current situation in Kislev, as well as the vampires within the country. You have no doubt that your current knowledge on this subject is quite limited, and the only thing that separates you from these vampires is a fairly small river.

[X] - You will move with artillery. You will be able to learn more about artillery shooting as well as the mathematics they use. You could even help them with various calculations.
[X] - You will travel in the vanguard. You will be with the light cavalry that moves ahead of the expedition. They are not expected to be in any serious danger just yet, but perhaps that is why it would be best for you to join them now. In the future, working with them will be much more dangerous.

[X] - You will write to your Master with a report on your life in the new province, your way of life, as well as your successes in scientific activities (neither of your projects have been completed yet, but they both look quite impressive). Perhaps he can help you at least with advice, or maybe in some more direct way.
[X] - You will write a couple of letters to Jade College. One directly for Maria, and the other for the College itself, to find out how she settled in her new place and how she lives there. You'll probably also ask her how to understand some of the terms in her book.
[X] - You would like to write to the Colleges in general, seeking more information regarding the current situation in Kislev, as well as the vampires within the country. You have no doubt that your current knowledge on this subject is quite limited, and the only thing that separates you from these vampires is a fairly small river.

[X] - You will move along with the convoy. It houses not only the logistics department, although even from them you can learn a lot, but also the infirmary. You could offer your services to them, and you have no doubt that you are a better doctor than most of the local surgeons, since you have received real training in this field.

[] - You would like to write to the Colleges in general, seeking more information regarding the current situation in Kislev, as well as the vampires within the country. You have no doubt that your current knowledge on this subject is quite limited, and the only thing that separates you from these vampires is a fairly small river.
This will be important I feel, since I doubt that the story with the Hertwig family and the Boyarina will not continue sooner or later

"I understand, Leonhard!", and then takes out your recommendations from one of the desk drawers, "I read your recommendations. I like them, besides the decision regarding the serfs. I like the idea, but I will tie the liberation from serfdom to the situation where the peasant household pays an amount of taxes similar to the money received to purchase them. I want to show the fact that Ostermark patronizes the most active!"

You nod at this fact, and then he puts the document down and becomes much more somber.

"I didn't think it would end this way. I have already ordered Isolde to come up with a good explanation in order to get you out of the attack, but to preserve this delusion as a political asset. Your home will be taken under the protection of city guards to avoid burglary or robbery. And my order to you personally is that you should not be in the provincial capital for the next few months. We have a military expedition into the foothills, so you are going as my observer along with them."
This worked out pretty well the Count is working on what Leonhard did and getting him to safety. Was kinda expecting him to do it and throw Leonhard under the bus.

This worked out pretty well the Count is working on what Leonhard did and getting him to safety. Was kinda expecting him to do it and throw Leonhard under the bus.
The trouble is, getting rid of Leon would be saying "Ah yes he has done terrible terrible things," and Ludwig would, in turn, be expected to reverse whatever it is that Leon did. But Ludwig actually intends to see through the Veldt plan, so there is no point to it. Plus if he did reverse those efforts then the Emperor would have some very choice words for him, considering the Imperial treasury granted Ostermark a not-insignificant sum to see this exact project completed.

[x] - You will write to your Master with a report on your life in the new province, your way of life, as well as your successes in scientific activities (neither of your projects have been completed yet, but they both look quite impressive). Perhaps he can help you at least with advice, or maybe in some more direct way.
[x] - You would like to write to the Colleges in general, seeking more information regarding the current situation in Kislev, as well as the vampires within the country. You have no doubt that your current knowledge on this subject is quite limited, and the only thing that separates you from these vampires is a fairly small river.

[x] - You will move along with the convoy.

[X] - You will write to the Imperial College of Engineering with a desire to present your new device and its potential applications. At this point, you're thinking mostly about possible medical uses, and they're not interested in magic. But could it be that they can offer you new possible uses for the device?

[X] - You will send an ingot of the metal you created to Karak Kadrin to ask the mountain dwarves if they know a metal with similar properties and if they themselves have ever managed to create something similar. This will give you more insight into the possibilities of using the material.

[X] - You will write to your Master with a report on your life in the new province, your way of life, as well as your successes in scientific activities (neither of your projects have been completed yet, but they both look quite impressive). Perhaps he can help you at least with advice, or maybe in some more direct way.

[X] - You will move with artillery. You will be able to learn more about artillery shooting as well as the mathematics they use. You could even help them with various calculations.

Honestly as much as logistics is important I'd rather be around the big guns. Sounds a lot more interesting

[X] - You will move along with the convoy. It houses not only the logistics department, although even from them you can learn a lot, but also the infirmary. You could offer your services to them, and you have no doubt that you are a better doctor than most of the local surgeons, since you have received real training in this field.

Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by Karlov on Apr 4, 2024 at 4:56 AM, finished with 22 posts and 13 votes.

• [X] - You will write a couple of letters to Jade College. One directly for Maria, and the other for the College itself, to find out how she settled in her new place and how she lives there. You'll probably also ask her how to understand some of the terms in her book.
    [X] - You will travel in the vanguard. You will be with the light cavalry that moves ahead of the expedition. They are not expected to be in any serious danger just yet, but perhaps that is why it would be best for you to join them now. In the future, working with them will be much more dangerous.
    [X] - You will join the mercenaries. Lady Isolde found some specific group of mercenaries, but you didn't know who exactly it was. Perhaps you should join a team as strange as yourself?
    [X] - You will move with the command. Karl will be leading the expedition, so you just join him and stay nearby. You will certainly learn a lot about army organization. As a side benefit, you'll be dining with knights and aristocrats, so it's unlikely the meal will be too bad.
    [x] - You will move along with the convoy.
    [X] - You will write to the Imperial College of Engineering with a desire to present your new device and its potential applications. At this point, you're thinking mostly about possible medical uses, and they're not interested in magic. But could it be that they can offer you new possible uses for the device?

Okay guys, I think the hiatus quest will be coming out a little earlier than planned. So far, my attempts to write an expedition are turning out to be frankly bad, even from my point of view, due to the transition from one update format to another. I think I'll take a break for a while to rest and then return to this quest.

Okay guys, I think the hiatus quest will be coming out a little earlier than planned. So far, my attempts to write an expedition are turning out to be frankly bad, even from my point of view, due to the transition from one update format to another. I think I'll take a break for a while to rest and then return to this quest.
What sort of quest will the hiatus quest be?

Back