The Guns of Earth

Less idealism and more just a desire to kill every fucking alien + prevent earth from being enslaved to said aliens.
Eh, I doubt that'll happen. Honestly, this stuff is -easy- compared to the turn 1, turn 2 stuff we'd get in a Shaper game* (or other ones).

*(IE, several major cities bombed from orbit, and a few million 40k orks landing all over).

---

That said, interesting things are happening in Brazil, but those will be posted about later.

For those of you wondering what you recovered from the Slyth corpses, it pretty much amounts to 1 Four Armed Snake, 1 Unite of Slyth Power Armor, Various Energy Weapons, and a bunch of mono-molecular swords/spears/knifes.

Can someone explain to me the issue with nuking the landing sites? ECM can't spoof anything if the coordinates are pre-planned like they would be in a cruise missile or ICBM launch. Now, whether or not the Point Defences fire once landed, is another matter, but still.

Can someone explain to me the issue with nuking the landing sites? ECM can't spoof anything if the coordinates are pre-planned like they would be in a cruise missile or ICBM launch. Now, whether or not the Point Defences fire once landed, is another matter, but still.

It's super advanced alien tech. Suspension of Disbelief is required

It's super advanced alien tech. Suspension of Disbelief is required
What does that have to do with...anything I've just said?

Seriously, All the ECM in the world won't matter if the missile is simply being pre-coord fired. (Well, ok no I guess enough ECM might theoretically fry a missiles firing mechanism, but I have no idea how those work/mechanical or not for backups??)

Now, the level of point defence these things have still probably no-sells this in whatever engagement bubble the craft have, but airbursting, or behind obstacle lobbing should still be easily doable enough.

Mind, nuking an LZ might cause a severe reaction from orbit too.

It's still a strategy ofc.

What does that have to do with...anything I've just said?

Seriously, All the ECM in the world won't matter if the missile is simply being pre-coord fired. (Well, ok no I guess enough ECM might theoretically fry a missiles firing mechanism, but I have no idea how those work/mechanical or not for backups??)

Now, the level of point defence these things have still probably no-sells this in whatever engagement bubble the craft have, but airbursting, or behind obstacle lobbing should still be easily doable enough.

Mind, nuking an LZ might cause a severe reaction from orbit too.

It's still a strategy ofc.

Nukes still home in on their target through electronics, just because the computer that fired the nuke has preprogrammed it's route, doesn't mean it isn't recieving course correction data every second from the master computer. The Aliens could Jam said course correction data. It would be the difference between nuking an LZ and your nuke flying off into the ocean somewhere.

Nukes still home in on their target through electronics, just because the computer that fired the nuke has preprogrammed it's route, doesn't mean it isn't recieving course correction data every second from the master computer. The Aliens could Jam said course correction data. It would be the difference between nuking an LZ and your nuke flying off into the ocean somewhere.
ICBM's generally don't, given that their master PC would likely be dust by the time it's halfway to anywhere. They're sealed systems usually, since once they're fired, it's likely their firing position will turn to ash very soon after.

I have to admit, I am finding it amusing just how quickly old troubles seem to be trying to disappear.

It's realpolitik Duzzit, the alien are clearly a bigger problem then any ideological struggle; the truce doesn't mean things are honky dory of course.

Many West German government officials retain their positions of power and Communist leanings

you mean east right?

At this point I'm not sure if this is still alive, it seems like the only people posting are me and kaiser, and kaiser is posting very sparingly.

It seems to have slowed down. Perhaps a time skip is in order?

We could jump ahead 10 years or so to when everyone has Ion Drive in full production.

It seems to have slowed down. Perhaps a time skip is in order?

We could jump ahead 10 years or so to when everyone has Ion Drive in full production.

I would actually be in full support of this. Most of my wants are gonna take a long time to research and produce along with changes in the government. Semi-Communist-Semi-Democratic-Sem-Whatthefuckisthismonstrosity-China is go.

Back